PDA

View Full Version : FC Halo 3 COME BACK!?

RaZ Vader
01-30-2011, 11:51 PM
A member named MASTER, who is part of BLUE army, came to me and Mythonian and asked if we would be able to start another Halo 3 War. It is Possible, if we get enough interested.

We would just need Enlisted Soldiers from the Reach Wars, and have a chance to step up and be a leader. So the question is simple.. Would you play or help lead in the Halo 3 Wars resurrection?

Our current leaders may contact you for future questions on possibly setting this up.

II Recanz II
01-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Why in gods name would anybody want to play that godforsaken game again?

HeavyArms
01-30-2011, 11:56 PM

The game aint that bad, Freak just chill kay?

But what would be the point of having another Halo3 War? I mean, we tried to have a CoD war and it failed, I see the same event for these. Thats just what I think anyway.

II Recanz II
01-30-2011, 11:57 PM
jokes my friend, jokes. Plus we just started a new war for a whole new game. This just doesnt seem right at the moment. :/

Nocte
01-31-2011, 12:00 AM
Ya lets go back about a week and a half ago. We were told we don't want to instill anything new, but yet your asking for people to change gears (somewhat). I know that not everyone will have to agree, but the last war was a living hell.....

This is to big of a change to make right now...

Just my thoughts.

RaZ Vader
01-31-2011, 12:03 AM
Well, It would be pretty simple to set-up. A lot of people in FC that want a chance to lead will get it. We are not requiring a lot of people to start or set-up. Its up to the public. I see it as a nice and new twist. All recruiting for this war would take part in Halo 3 Matchmaking mostly.

gato
01-31-2011, 12:03 AM

The only thing that was wrong with H3 was the lack of stable leadership and new members. H3 really wasn't a bad game, you just had to deal with a lot of bs through the wars.

VerbotenDonkey
01-31-2011, 12:07 AM
Lets do Halo Tw-

=/

I don't know. I possibly might do Halo 3 again, although I think Halo Reach is better, if just that we have Blood Gulch back. <nostalgia>

Mi Boys Dinner
01-31-2011, 12:20 AM

Because it's better than Reach.

Problem?

gato
01-31-2011, 12:23 AM

Problem?

I don't know how I could've ever not liked you. H3> Reach. In every single way.

Nocte
01-31-2011, 12:26 AM
Great so now that were on the topic of Reach being better then Halo 3 or Halo 3 being better then Reach. I'm siding with Reach being better. Brought back the originality that Halo 2 was founded on back. It didn't just make a better game worse. Reach is a new game.

Eh I honestly like the idea of trying to branch the community to try and make it bigger, but I think it will fail just like our CoD wars did. People won't get involved enough, maybe a few, but not enough.

Krowe985
01-31-2011, 12:29 AM
with the strain of this war trying to go through so much trial and tribulation in reach, i think that starting a resurrection war in Halo 3 would harm the community as a whole WAY more than it would benefit.

as it stands right now with just reach, we don't have enough willing and able people to get on and do a lot of testing on our "Official Maps" , or loadouts, or "Rules of Engagement" so we have to test out all of this new stuff during the actual war, which in turn is causing a LOT of conflict between both armies, Warcouncil, and even within armies. Right now i think EVERYONE in the community's main focus should be getting through this so called "Trial" war, and help iron our all of these "Wrinkles" we have in reach before branching out to start a SECOND war.

just my thoughts.
Mr. Krowely.

Mi Boys Dinner
01-31-2011, 12:29 AM
I don't know how I could've ever not liked you. H3> Reach. In every single way.

And to think that only several months ago, I got you under the "hammer". Sides have realigned, just like World War 2. :)

But yeah, Halo 3 is better for FC.
Reach is more like COD now, minus awesome zombies.

Nocte
01-31-2011, 12:31 AM
But yeah, Halo 3 is better for FC.

lolwut? How is Reach anything like Call of Duty? Nothing can be compared. Nothing.... Both games take completely different play styles.

Mi Boys Dinner
01-31-2011, 12:38 AM
Getting off topic, but um.
Perks.
Explosions, explosions everywhere.
Herpa derp power weapons.

And Reach is nothing like Halo 2, as far to my knowledge. The vets might understand that.

The last war was complete bullshit yes, but the bullshit now wouldn't be happening if we were still in Halo 3.
*cough cough* Not using user created maps *cough cough*

But I've only been here a little over a year, so if you say what I say is total crap and shit, then you're entitled to that.

Nocte
01-31-2011, 12:44 AM
Getting off topic, but um.
Perks.
Explosions, explosions everywhere.
Herpa derp power weapons.

And Reach is nothing like Halo 2, as far to my knowledge. The vets might understand that.

The last war was complete bullshit yes, but the bullshit now wouldn't be happening if we were still in Halo 3.
*cough cough* Not using user created maps *cough cough*

But I've only been here a little over a year, so if you say what I say is total crap and shit, then you're entitled to that.

To my knowledge explosions have always happened in Halo. Power weapons have always been in Halo. Reach is a new experience, thus new problems we must confront. We didn't have a beta war and this is what happens. I see no perks in Halo. Armor Abilities are in no way shape or form perks. Perks alter how you play depending on how you mix and match them. Armor Abilities just make you play to that Ability.

Honestly I could go on for hours about this, but I don't think this is the time or place.

Mi Boys Dinner
01-31-2011, 12:48 AM
Potatoes gonna potato. (haters gonna hate)

iFurrious
01-31-2011, 12:51 AM

OMG! What if Reach had Zombies:D

but back on topic, I think I have to agree with Krowe on this one.

Mi Boys Dinner
01-31-2011, 12:55 AM

Then THE GAME would actually have a purpose.

But enough on this, back to the topic.

*runs back to Avalanche to chill*

Nocte
01-31-2011, 12:56 AM
*runs back to Avalanche to chill*

REDD melted Avalanche into the ocean before it....

Mi Boys Dinner
01-31-2011, 12:59 AM
REDD melted Avalanche into the ocean before it....

NOPE.

GTF back on topic.

Nocte
01-31-2011, 01:01 AM
I was on topic I was talking about Halo 3 wars :p

Mi Boys Dinner
01-31-2011, 01:04 AM
Actually, you were talking about a map on Halo 3.

And throwing false bravado about the REDD Army from last war. But that is actually on topic.

King Kyuubi
01-31-2011, 01:08 AM
I wish we could bring back RvB R on the best online Halo game (Halo 2).

II Recanz II
01-31-2011, 01:26 AM
Actually, you were talking about a map on Halo 3.

And throwing false bravado about the REDD Army from last war. But that is actually on topic.

Well red did TECHNICALLY win...

And a Red win does = Melted Avalanche...

Nocte
01-31-2011, 01:27 AM
Well red did TECHNICALLY win...

And a Red win does = Melted Avalanche...

Thank you.

Mi Boys Dinner
01-31-2011, 01:30 AM
You're a traitor, I hear nothing from you.

Technically, I'm in "The Ruins of Avalanche", but whatevers.

Captain Poder
01-31-2011, 01:42 AM

Problem?

* Thumbsup*

EVOLUTION X
01-31-2011, 02:11 AM
I like the idea, but I think if things got up and running it would take a lot of room up on the Forums..unless, you created another site that is. :clap:

gato
01-31-2011, 02:38 AM
I like the idea, but I think if things got up and running it would take a lot of room up on the Forums..unless, you created another site that is. :clap:

There'd be a sub-forum, champ.

XxClearSh0txX
01-31-2011, 07:59 AM
I'd like to lead in another H3 war. I only played, what, 5 nights last war? And I miss my BR *Hugs picture of BR close to heart*

Deathhawk
01-31-2011, 08:40 AM
APRIL FOOLS!!

...right?

Nicholas Sapien
01-31-2011, 08:43 AM
I wouldn't mind helping lead and getting this project off to a good start.

JigokuNoNinja15
01-31-2011, 09:18 AM
This sounds like a good idea, even if it's only for like one night. If we go back to halo 3, maybe some of the leaders can understand what it is to actually have a war sim again. With the "yes sirs" and running around sandtrap.

HeavyArms
01-31-2011, 10:09 AM
The only thing similar to Reach and CoD, is that they both have sprint, and guns.

Halo>Halo 2>All

EVOLUTION X
01-31-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm down with helping out for this idea, but a big problem I see currently is that both armies now could still use more people and more organization. It seems that both of them are getting things laid out and finally getting squads in order..they just need more people mainly; so if you take people from the Reach wars to help re-start Halo 3, then all what's happening is you're going to be losing more people and making it harder for the Reach war to expand.

AftershocK
01-31-2011, 01:43 PM
id like to be apart of this as long as its BR start.

HeavyArms
01-31-2011, 01:52 PM

but back on topic, I think I have to agree with Krowe on this one.

Um its called infection? Duh Also, flood is a technical zombie like alien thingy. So -2 points for you. :p

Yehsus
01-31-2011, 02:51 PM
I loved Halo 3, but its dead to me. Reach is the new deal guys, its useless trying to keep holding onto a dead game. Lets keep things going with Reach.

HeavyArms
01-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Also, no disrespect Ninja, but we havent had a "Yes sir/follow orders" War-sim since we decided to restart them after we stopped. I mean really everyone wants to give their oppion(sp) and such and its not that they shouldnt be aloud to but they also need to relize(sp) that their not always gonna get their way. But yea, rank hasnt really applied since then so yea.

Nocte
01-31-2011, 03:23 PM
I loved Halo 3, but its dead to me. Reach is the new deal guys, its useless trying to keep holding onto a dead game. Lets keep things going with Reach.

The only dead game I would hold on to is Halo 2 *holds while staring at Microsoft* but those bastards shut it off....

Mi Boys Dinner
01-31-2011, 03:23 PM
This sounds like a good idea, even if it's only for like one night. If we go back to halo 3, maybe some of the leaders can understand what it is to actually have a war sim again. With the "yes sirs" and running around sandtrap.

Kinda like that one time on Sandbox where you wouldn't run that lap? XP

Um its called infection? Duh Also, flood is a technical zombie like alien thingy. So -2 points for you. :p

But are they nazis? No. So -23 points for you.

iFurrious
01-31-2011, 04:17 PM

I was meant a zombie mode like the one in COD, infection is nothing like it. Plus I said what if Reach had zombies and there is no flood in Reach. So I get my 2 points back and you get -23 points like dinner said.:)

Relapsive
01-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Well i disagree with starting another war in halo 3 alot the rules that are newly made would be meaningless, also if you do that then it would be harder for The Reach Wars to expand as someone mentioned. But I think we would be losing leaders that we need now. Things that people dont realize is that you can be in any clan for 3 years, 4 years any amount that doesnt mean there a good leader that just means there a loyal member in your clan which is a good thing to have there just not ready yet. Not saying that there arent people that have been here for a while and are good leaders im just saying it goes either way. I think we should just wait a while till we get even more people in the clan before making another branch of the clan.

Nicholas Sapien
01-31-2011, 04:33 PM
Why not just use the rules from last war to the halo 3 war

DogmaticAMAN
01-31-2011, 04:49 PM
id love to participate in h3 wars again :D
maybe even lead :)

Mythonian
01-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Some things to realize:

This wouldn't be starting up until about March at the absolute earliest, but April is a bit more likely.

To actually do a decent war, you'd need at least 40 or 50 active people willing to participate. I'd estimate that no more than 15 to 20 people currently in FC would go and participate in it, so two months from now that wouldn't hurt us that much, really. These members would mostly be getting the leadership positions.

All of the other members would be recruited from Halo 3 Matchmaking (like Raz said in OP). While the guys are being recruited, we would be setting up the system used for it and everything.

For the forum of it, we have multiple options, one of which is creating a new website, or reusing an old one. We could also copy the category "The Warzone" for the Halo 3 wars, which would probably be directly below the current Warzone on the main forum index.

vBulletin allows you to collapse categories, so anyone not participating in the Halo 3 Wars could click the minus sign on the right edge of the category so it doesn't take up space for them. vBulletin even uses cookies to remember which ones you've collapsed.

The Halo 3 war would have its own warmap, rules of engagement, and everything. These would be set up between now and the start of the wars. Especially near the beginning, it would be a simplified war to ensure we will have enough active people and that it can be effectively managed. If it ends up succeeding and getting a growing memberbase, then it would be expanded into a full-fledged war.

HeavyArms
01-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Kinda like that one time on Sandbox where you wouldn't run that lap? XP

But are they nazis? No. So -23 points for you.

I was thinking halo in general. If halo had zombies like CoD then there wouldnt be a point in getting both.

iFurrious
01-31-2011, 08:46 PM
I was thinking halo in general. If halo had zombies like CoD then there wouldnt be a point in getting both.

It would save you $60

HeavyArms
01-31-2011, 08:52 PM
It would save you $60

Then we have one good game instead of two.

Back on topic.

IX M4ST3R XI
02-02-2011, 03:34 AM
When i talk about that idea to Mythonian the point that i was trying to say is that Halo 3 is still a real good game ! and yeah sure Reach is really good too but if you look at Halo 3 there is still a bunch of players !

And i know that some people in FC like the idea of going back to halo 3 because there is alot of people still loving halo 3 ! And if we can make wars on Halo 3 and Reach were gonna get much members on FC !

and this project is just starting..! so we have alot of time ! like mythonian says : maybe march or april...and if you guys think there would be a problem with rules and maps : why not starting back with old good H3 rules and maps ? and make new maps and rules with the time ?

so yeah guys please think about it...this is a good idea if you think about it...and we dont ask too much persons from FC maybe 10-15....and ! H3 wars would give a chance to new persons to lead and show what they can do..!

Thanks for reading
IX M4ST3R XI

MedeDust
02-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Well honestly anybody can say they want to lead but not many are right for it, if you really wanna do this you need capable, mature, and responsible leaders to keep a stable active structure. If you accomplish this then this idea more than likely will be succesfull.

IX M4ST3R XI
02-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Well what we are going to do is a ''period of test'' so were gonna see if the persons that leads are capable to do a good job or not if they can't we are going to put someone else.

Fiery Grave
02-02-2011, 11:32 AM
I feel this will divide our community from the people who play reach and the people who play halo 3 in reality sunday nights are the only nights a large ammount of member will acttually be on or show up so a seperate night probbably wont work well and you can't fight in both wars at the same time.

Let me also ask this, Who actually had fun in the last 2(Or so) wars in halo 3?

Shineblind
02-02-2011, 01:18 PM
When i talk about that idea to Mythonian the point that i was trying to say is that Halo 3 is still a real good game ! and yeah sure Reach is really good too but if you look at Halo 3 there is still a bunch of players !

And i know that some people in FC like the idea of going back to halo 3 because there is alot of people still loving halo 3 ! And if we can make wars on Halo 3 and Reach were gonna get much members on FC !

and this project is just starting..! so we have alot of time ! like mythonian says : maybe march or april...and if you guys think there would be a problem with rules and maps : why not starting back with old good H3 rules and maps ? and make new maps and rules with the time ?

so yeah guys please think about it...this is a good idea if you think about it...and we dont ask too much persons from FC maybe 10-15....and ! H3 wars would give a chance to new persons to lead and show what they can do..!

Thanks for reading
IX M4ST3R XI

Il be willing to play/lead in Halo 3 wars. I love both Halo 3 and Reach and this sound like a great idea to me.

Rise
02-02-2011, 04:42 PM
I feel this will divide our community from the people who play reach and the people who play halo 3 in reality sunday nights are the only nights a large ammount of member will acttually be on or show up so a seperate night probbably wont work well and you can't fight in both wars at the same time.

I did.

AftershocK
02-02-2011, 07:01 PM

me too.

HellSpawn 101
02-02-2011, 08:40 PM
me three

Mi Boys Dinner
02-03-2011, 10:54 AM
I forth that.

HeavyArms
02-03-2011, 11:56 AM
OH MY GAWD YOU GUYS ARE LIEK SOOO STOUPID! NO1 PLAYZ GAYLO 3 ANYMORE GAWD!

Ahaha just kidding. :p But yea, Im not gonna buy a Halo 3.

IX M4ST3R XI
02-04-2011, 02:08 AM
Thank's to all the person trying to help us bring back halo 3 wars ! and the others well just continue have fun on halo reach ^^ i dont mean that reach is not good its good and halo 3 too is good but some persons personally love more halo 3 or reach.

Kuhblam
02-04-2011, 05:43 PM
I'll play, although I won't lead if asked to; too much on my plate already.

~Kuhblam

AftershocK
02-04-2011, 06:34 PM
I'll play, although I won't lead if asked to; too much on my plate already.

~Kuhblam

then eat some of it lol

Maxdoggy
02-04-2011, 06:47 PM

Honestly, I agree. But it is my opinion and you all are open to yours.

I believe this will split up the community, but it is up to you guys with what you want to do.

Rise
02-04-2011, 06:49 PM
I don't think this will work imo. Worth a shot i guess.

HeavyArms
02-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Well, I lied. I might end up getting another halo three for the hell of it. I might be up for this.

VerbotenDonkey
02-10-2011, 09:42 PM
You know what? I would help with a Halo 3 Wars. Reach was kind of ,....

But yeah, tl;dr, I would help.

(Unless we do a PC Halo 1 Wars. =D?)

Metkil5685
02-10-2011, 09:56 PM
(Unless we do a PC Halo 1 Wars. =D?)

You got my vote.

VerbotenDonkey
02-10-2011, 10:24 PM
That would be epic in ways unimaginable.

I call Pelican Pilot.

Carpe Vexillum
02-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Halo PC... or Custom Edition! OMG I would spend hours making maps for you if we ever did that, I love that game =} But on the topic of halo 3... no its dead. =p

Think of it this way,
When Halo came out it was amazing.
Halo 2, people complained and wanted to go back to Halo, but it didnt have online except for pc so no.
Halo 3 came out and people complained about that saying halo 2 was better.

Reach has come out and its the same old song.

IX M4ST3R XI
02-23-2011, 04:05 AM
Personally i dislike Halo 2 but i really like Halo 3 ! and i hate Halo Reach..

Nocte
02-23-2011, 03:17 PM

GTFO!!! Just go! Go!! NOW!!!!

AftershocK
02-23-2011, 04:06 PM

wtf? u didnt like halo 2????

OzzyIzSick
02-23-2011, 04:21 PM
FC CoD?

YES!! HELL YES BRING BACK H3 BABY!

Toasta
02-23-2011, 07:54 PM
honestly halo 3 was fun as hell, yeah it had its messed up areas, but what game doesnt? i was just playing it last night although i wasnt as good as i used to be i still had fun. I for one would enjoy playing having another war on halo 3, id be glad to lead it

Buoy O Buoy
05-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Bring it back, in with the old. I think it would work and I would be happy to help participate and or lead.

MedeDust
05-31-2011, 11:36 AM
too bad this was decided a couple of months ago :(

closed