PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War : Judgment -SOLID SAYS FAIL-

GAMExSOLID
03-20-2013, 10:55 AM
I'm a huge fan of shooters. Gears next to Halo is one of my all time favorite series. I was abit on edge when 343 would be taking over the Halo Franchise. THEY KICKED ASS! The same cannot be said about Microsoft Milking what was supposed to be a trilogy and done. Microsoft decided to make a Prequel to follow precious Baird and Cole around.... GEARS IS A MULTIPLAYER GAME! It was made famous for it's multiplayer and the competitive group of gamers it brought. GoW:Judgment.... Is an E M B A R R A S S M E N T. How can you release a once competitive multiplayer game with four I SAY AGAIN (FOUR) Multiplayer Maps to play on launch day. They switched the controls to be Call of Duty gamer friendly. You can no longer use your D-Pad to Cycle between your two weapons, pistol, and grenades. You are given a Primary Weapon and a Pistol. GO PICK UP THAT LANCER IF YOU WANT IT AND A GNASHER SHOTGUN apparently... The campaign takes roughly 6 hours to complete. The $60 Price Tag... Pathetic if you ask me. Microsoft has done it again. They killed a great series. Halo.... Don't you die on me!

JamiDJ
03-20-2013, 01:20 PM
wow, and i loved gears...

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-20-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm almost done with the campaign but not quite at the end. Although I have played just about every aspect of the game. And where I love the storyline & characters I find the biggest flaw of the game are the controls.

Even after 8+hours of playing the game I still find myself occasionally using the d-pad to swap weapons, or the left bumper to use the "tac-cam" which they had in every game up until now. It really bugs me that you can only carry two weapons now, and even more so that you only start off with 1 primary and a pistol. It's very obvious to me that they are catering to a more mainstream audience (such as Halo or CoD). When they ruin what has made the series memorable, unique, and GOOD.

Another thing that i think they screwed up on, is the removal of Horde mode. Since Gears 2 Horde has been a cornerstone of the series and is what draws many fans to the series. In fact i enjoyed Horde more than Halo's Firefight or CoD's Nazi Zombies.

JamiDJ
03-20-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm almost done with the campaign but not quite at the end. Although I have played just about every aspect of the game. And where I love the storyline & characters I find the biggest flaw of the game are the controls.

Even after 8+hours of playing the game I still find myself occasionally using the d-pad to swap weapons, or the left bumper to use the "tac-cam" which they had in every game up until now. It really bugs me that you can only carry two weapons now, and even more so that you only start off with 1 primary and a pistol. It's very obvious to me that they are catering to a more mainstream audience (such as Halo or CoD). When they ruin what has made the series memorable, unique, and GOOD.

Another thing that i think they screwed up on, is the removal of Horde mode. Since Gears 2 Horde has been a cornerstone of the series and is what draws many fans to the series. In fact i enjoyed Horde more than Halo's Firefight or CoD's Nazi Zombies.

i agree.

Platinum
03-20-2013, 05:09 PM
I called this once Rod and Cliffy left. Gears was only a great game because of them, but I can't blame Microsoft, only EPIC.

Thank god their contact ends in 2016, Microsoft only needed to keep Gears alive this gen. Don't expect it next gen, it's gonna be dead. And for Halo, it won't die. 343 is way too talented, and Microsoft actually cares for halo.

Gears of War 2006-2012

JamiDJ
03-20-2013, 05:11 PM
I called this once Rod and Cliffy left. Gears was only a great game because of them, but I can't blame Microsoft, only EPIC.

Thank god their contact ends in 2016, Microsoft only needed to keep Gears alive this gen. Don't expect it next gen, it's gonna be dead. And for Halo, it won't die. 343 is way too talented, and Microsoft actually cares for halo.

Gears of War 2006-2012

R.I.P.

Platinum
03-20-2013, 05:19 PM
Seriously, thank God that the series will end in 2016. Like PoLeo said, "Judgement is the Reach of Gears"

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-20-2013, 05:52 PM
"Judgement is the Reach of Gears"

I actually really liked Reach...

Although I have to admit I had the same thought in my head. I'm a very optimistic person I have high hopes that Epic will listen to the Gears community and will make their next game better. Then again, only time will tell...

ThatAwkardGuy
03-25-2013, 11:33 PM
This game is pretty unplayable without people to play with. Soloing brings out the rage in me. Overrun is really fun though. But the fact that this game shipped out with four maps and only three game types(excluding everything overrun) for $60 is outrageous and on top of that there is the VIP pass which is $20.