PDA

View Full Version : REDWATCH - Chapter I Part II - "Rundown..."

Sir Nihlus
03-25-2013, 01:42 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img266/2392/redwatchemblempng.png

REDWATCH - Chapter I Part II - "Rundown..."

"...death isn’t the end of the road..."

The distinctive regimental coats, a white shirt, grey trousers to be held up by braces, black boots and a tricorne cap. This was the ceremonial uniform of the REDCOATS. Typically worn during times of celebration and ceremony, Sergeant Rain MacTavish, leader of the REDCOATS fire team, was adding on the finishing touches to his uniform before finally leaving the barracks to attend a funeral.

It was an average day for the R.E.D.D but during times of war, it was both a chaotic atmosphere and a seemingly silent one, which accounted for the expected losses. As he entered the open area of the ISS Mombassa which will hold the funeral, Rain saw his soldiers who instantly stood at attention. He instantly relieved them before he approached the closed coffins that contained some of the best soldiers that the REDCOATS had to offer. After observing them for a couple of moments, Rain called his men to stand in a solid line with their Brown Bess Muskets held up-right in a uniformed fashion.

Rain proceeded to stand at the middle of this line, facing the men to perform an empathetic speech. “As you all know, we are gathered here today to pay our respects to the valiant soldiers that fought with us; the REDCOATS. Our unit, both a strong and sympathetic one, must realise that death isn’t the end of the road, for any of us. It is up to us to see strength in it, and use it to further solidify why we fight this war in the first place. It is up to us, to keep fighting, to ensure that these soldier’s efforts were not in vain; we will continue, to carry the torch which is the Empire’s will of fire, and baptise our enemies with it.”

As Rain finished his speech, several soldiers responded with a low tone ‘hoah’ which was expected, considering the nature for what they were gathered for. Deciding now was the time wrap things up after a period of respective silence, Rain began to instruct his soldiers to perform the honorary three-volley gun salute.

“Ready!” the REDCOATS loaded their weapons with gun powder and pellet ammunition which was historical in its design “Aim!” They tucked the butt of the rifle tightly against their right shoulder, aiming upwards about forty-five degrees “Fire!” The first volley of gunfire was unleashed, followed by a second “Fire!” and finally a third “Fire!”

After a period of silence and a spectacle of several wisps of gunpowder present, Rain called the men at ease and instructed them to return to the barracks and prepare for their daily P.T. Rain then had to report quickly to an NCO and Officer meeting to reflect on the events that happened in REDWATCH’s initial deployment and possibly discuss future plans.

Upon entering the meeting room, Rain removed his black tricorne hat as he saw that mostly everyone had already assembled around the rectangular meeting desk, having already taken their seats. Rain then briefly saluted to the officers with his hat tucked away into his left arm before finally taking his seat at the desk.

Brigadier General Verboten then clasped his hands together on the desk for which he sat at its helm, observing the individuals in the room to ensure that everyone was there before assuming the course of the meeting. “Good, it seems that everyone I called upon is now here. I am now going to go over the files of the engagement that I have with me.” As he said this, Verboten opened several brown files which contained numerous white documents. “As per our assault on Ortelius Base, I am delighted to say we were successful in acquiring the territory for which I commend your efforts and those that have served under you. Hopefully our acquisition proves to be of great strategic advantage in the future.”

After he had said this, everyone in the meeting where nodding amongst themselves, evidently pleased by the news before Verboten went onto say “...now for the reports on Settler for which our enemies attempted to acquire. We had unfortunately sustained heavy casualties and KIAs; so much that we had to call a retreat.”

Everyone in the meeting then looked towards each other, all donning the same face of anger, sadness and regret. Verboten picked up on this and allowed the information to sink in before continuing “I am aware that many of you had to attend funerals, some formal...and some more ceremonial.” Verboten added as he saw Rain’s red attire. “However, their efforts were not in vain. We have acquired a vital position by pushing for Ortelius Base; it was just our misfortune that it happened to be a double-edge sword tactic which came at a cost of our placement in Settler.”

“High Command will be deciding our next course of action in terms of this war. But in regards to REDWATCH, ensure that soldiers are putting in extra training as they may well be getting deployed in numerous locations with very short notice.”

“You can count on NOVEMBER Squad to do that sir.” Chief Warrant Officer Eagle reassured.

“...VICTOR as well sir.” Chief Warrant Officer Brood added.

“Good, that concludes this meeting.” Verboten said, wrapping it up. With that said, all the people present soon stood up and left the meeting room to attend to their normal duties with the added emphasis to additional training.

Rain headed towards the barracks to change into his normal uniform before soon arriving at the combat simulation centre for which the REDCOATS and fire team ORION were scrimming with safety rounds in a war simulated environment. Rain was watching the troops behind a safety glass for which he was joined by Sergeant Zeta, leader of ORION.

“How’s it going Rain?” He asked. “Not bad, it’s a shame we sustained heavy casualties on Settler; we had lost several good soldiers. How is ORION shaping up?” Rain asked. “Sorry to hear it. ORION is shaping up well; we are just working on solidifying our combat tactics and opening strategies. Considering I have only led them for about a week, I’d say we’re making good progress.” Zeta informed.

“I see the REDCOATS and ORION are scrimming down below, what’s the score?” Rain asked jokingly as he saw the mock battle raging. “It’s currently even at the moment, they did only just start twenty minutes ago, we shall see what happens when the fatigue starts kicking about three hours in.” “I see.” Rain said quietly as he tried to watch the battle at the same time.

SSF Toxic
03-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Love reading this

Platinum
03-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Another great addition!

Keep it up :D

EagleOne
03-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Awesome job Rain! Really enjoyed reading it. ^_^