PDA

View Full Version : Zombies have come

BubbaBishop21
03-25-2013, 11:46 PM
So, the zombie apocalypse has started, theoretically. What will you do, what is your plan, and can talk to others about their plans.

So I'd like to set a few ground rules for this.
1. The Zombies are walkers, with no mutations. The fastest they can move is a rough powerwalk, and the only "abilities" they have come from their bodies being mutilated.
2. No survivors are immune. You will become infected if bitten. Animals cannot be infected, they die if bitten.
3. This is worldwide, there are no safe places, only safer than other places.
4. Government is gone, only sparse military holdouts at bases, but expect these to be crowded.
5. No overt insults to others.

Begin the survival.

AftershocK
03-25-2013, 11:54 PM
I live on the outskirts of town. Surrounded by a chainlink fence. First thing i would do is gather food, supplies, guns, ammo. Fortify the perimiter around my house and holdout as long as i can.Ill only leave if i need to gather more supplies or am forced to leave somehow.

BubbaBishop21
03-26-2013, 12:32 AM
I live on the outskirts of town. Surrounded by a chainlink fence. First thing i would do is gather food, supplies, guns, ammo. Fortify the perimiter around my house and holdout as long as i can.Ill only leave if i need to gather more supplies or am forced to leave somehow.

Are you near any large prisons, or mental hospitals? These places are likely to be in the control of the inmates very quickly once this starts. Staff will be leaving to try and help their family, and prisons already have low staff, the average being about 5 inmates for every guard. These criminals will be ransacking the area almost immediately after everything dies down at the prison itself.

Are you downhill from a water source that you have easy access to? The main reason I'm leaving my region quickly is that I am roughly thirty miles uphill from an easy water source, and once water and electricity workers stop going to work, both will be gone quickly.

Platinum
03-26-2013, 02:34 AM
Just wondering, is this some sort of a forum based game? Or just opinions on what we would do if an Apocalypse were to occur? xd

BubbaBishop21
03-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Kind of an overall "Look here if you are a zombie nut and want to debate zombies" Thread. I'm probably the closest thing to a zombie apocalypse expert there is in the world, to the extent I've consulted with a Doctor of Viral and Prion based Pathology to determine the most likely zombie form, and several military members for survival techniques etc.

AftershocK
03-27-2013, 01:48 AM
Are you near any large prisons, or mental hospitals? These places are likely to be in the control of the inmates very quickly once this starts. Staff will be leaving to try and help their family, and prisons already have low staff, the average being about 5 inmates for every guard. These criminals will be ransacking the area almost immediately after everything dies down at the prison itself.

Are you downhill from a water source that you have easy access to? The main reason I'm leaving my region quickly is that I am roughly thirty miles uphill from an easy water source, and once water and electricity workers stop going to work, both will be gone quickly.

I do not live near any major prisons nor mental hospitals, nearest is a juvinal center and county jail. I live about 20 miles from a major river and a 45 min drive from a major lake. My water source will come from a well we had installed when we built the house.

Platinum
03-27-2013, 03:58 AM
Well in that case.

My friends and myself have made an entire plan for a zombie apocalypse (We got bored during one of our elective classes). I live in Kentucky, and live in a rather small city (Pop. ~ 20,000. County Pop. ~ 60,000) so I'm in a pretty decent position as it is. We decided that our high school would be a grand location to hold out during an outbreak for multiple reasons.

-My high school is beside a national guard depot/facility that has weapons and vehicles.
-My high school has three campuses. The old campus, the new campus, and East Campus. The old campus is closest to the depot, while the new campus is across the highway. East Campus would be where we would hideout.

East campus is my school's technical classes/hands on labor campus. All the courses that involve wood shop, welding, automotive repair, and greenhouse are there. East campus is rather small, but it has power tools (weapons for days), a medical bay (medical supplies!), a garage (Could weld parts [guns, saws, weapons, etc] to vehicles), a place to weld (see previous reason), and four greenhouses (grow our own food). On top of that, the campus is on a hill.

People won't flock to it due to my city having 4 malls, 3 walmarts, 4 national guard depots, 2 prisons, and 3 poison control centers.

BubbaBishop21
03-28-2013, 01:06 AM
Interesting plan Platinum. Does this East Campus have a wall, or just the hill? Also, do you have bleach, plastic wrap, and a water pump on-site?