PDA

View Full Version : The Demons Hand

ItsGettingMessi
03-30-2013, 10:30 AM
The Demons Hand

Prologue

My name is Honda Higamashi .I was born to a rich family and during that time all the rich people were trained to become the best warriors. We were called the Hisho. My father, Honda Jiga was one of the better Hisho of his time. When I was just a little kid, I was known to play around with a large kitchen knife. My father saw me doing this all the time and started to train me on how to properly fight. I would spend all day either in school, or learning how to fight.

When I turned twelve Jiga enrolled me in the local Hisho School. The school had me spending half the day learning about battle tactics, then half a day fighting and sparring with my fellow classmates. I quickly aspired to become the top of my class. I became so good at fighting that I was forced to spar with kids two years my senior.

When I turned sixteen a bloody war broke out across all of Edo, the known land. The land was quickly split into four rival territories. I was located in the land ruled by Uesugei Kyroga. We were in the north east portion of Edo. To the west was Maeida Daimo. The south was controlled by Oda Toshiba. The center and the strongest one were ruled by Toyotomi Hashiba. All of these rulers were fighting to become the one ruler of all of Edo.

As being one of the best Hisho of my city, I knew that soon I would be on the battlefield, but that wasn’t until I was eighteen. During my last two years of being in the Hisho School, I quickly became friends with a fellow classmate called Tetsuzan Yamato. Yomato was a huge man; he preferred to use a giant spear. I spent much time sparring with him. After I got to know him I knew that although he looked like a rock from the outside, he was a stalwart friend on the inside.

We both accelerated in horseback fighting, but I was the better with ground combat. I myself loved to fight on the ground. When I beat someone who is on the ground and you are on a horse, then it doesn’t satisfy me as much then if I was on the ground also.

The last year of Hisho School came, and every one of us became very anxious. In the last year our studies started to become more focused on battlefield tactics, but that was fine by me. Our teacher would pit two of us together. He would then tell us how many troops we had, and how many troops the enemy had. We then had to make a strategy that would make us stay alive until either the enemy was killed, or reinforcements came. Yamato and I were the top two of that class as well.

Finally the last day came to our school. The instructor came to meet every single one of us individually. He told us each where we would go, and who was in command of there. I was told that I would be going to Kuroda Kanbei of Anagawa. I immediately went to Yomato and learned that he was going there as well. No one else in the class would be put there. We were given one week to say goodbye to our families and prepare to leave.

Chapter one: The Departure
I coolly walked through the streets of the city. It was a fine spring morning and there seemed to be no inclination of rain to be coming. People buzzed past me to and from the many vendors that lined the streets. Smells wafted everywhere, their vice just trying to gain hold of you and lure you in. It was very tempting for me to do so as I had not been out of the school for years.
I had noticed that much had changed from when I came in as a boy. The market seemed very frightening to me. Everything was so big, and people threatened to crush me in everywhere. Now though I peaked over the crowd, as I was over six feet tall. People moved out of my way because I must have looked like a very threatening person. I continued walking through the streets and tried to hold in my wonderment of all the new things.
Finally I made it to the inner houses where the nobles lived. Outside of here was a giant wall to keep out all the unwanted visitors. Even over the walls I could see the numerous mansions that lies inside. I stepped up to the guard and told him my name, he quickly scampered to open the gates and allow me in. As I passed by, he gave a very quick bow.
Inside there were much fewer people on the streets. Those that were there were decorated in many rich cloths. Reds, purples, and blues blended in each other and gave the people a much more royal look. I myself must have looked very strange as I was in my very plain white training robes that I have been very accustomed to wearing.
I kept my brisk pace through the streets, and headed deeper into the inner city. The closer to the center I got, the bigger the houses became. Finally I was at the center of the city, a giant square. There were a total of five houses here One house in the middle was for the ruler if the city. Then there were one house on each of the corners of the square. Here lived the four advising houses of the ruler. I couldn’t quite remember which one that my family lived in so I went straight ahead and into the ruler’s house.
Inside I was met by an attendant. He was small stature and wore the black clothes of a servant. He bowed to me and asked, “What can I do for you sir?”
I took a second to think of what exactly I was going to say. “Can you tell me which one of the houses is the Honda’s?”
“That would be the one on the northwest sir.” He replied.
“Thank you” I bowed, then exited the building.
I went back to the indicated house, and took a deep breath outside of it. I had not even seen this place for years, nor have I talked to anyone in my family. “I’m not sure if I am ready for this.” I silently whispered to myself. I finally found my courage, and proceeded inside.
Inside was a brilliant assortment of colors. Rich oranges, golds, and reds were flowing everywhere. The ceiling was easy three times the size of me, and that was obviously just the first level. A portly man waddled in through an opening and greeted me. “Hello sir,” He bowed, “How may I help you.”
“May I see the lords of this house?” I asked the man politely
“And for what reason is this for?” He asked routinely as if he heard this every day.
“I am what could be called a family member” I replied slyly, trying to stifle a slight smile.
“I shall tell them of your arrival” He said, then left me in the room. As soon as i was sure that he was gone, I let out a huge sigh of relief. I was terrified with how I was going to be received by my parents. I don’t really remember them too much because of all that I had learned during my absence.
Minutes slowly ticked by, yet no one came back. I stood there trying to look calm, but inside I was in complete havoc. I knew that this would be harder for me than any sparring that I had ever done. I may be one of the strongest people of my age, but inside, I am very soft. I knew this, and I was worried about it.
Finally a figure passed through the open doorway, she was a middle age woman, but held herself as someone who was much younger. “Ok now who are you?” She asked sternly, her voice hard, but it was obviously hiding a more passionate side.
I tried to talk, but I couldn’t say anything at all. My tongue seemed to have been filled with cement, and then twisted into a thousand loops. “Well come on now” She said, then she came closer, and took a step back. “Dear god.” She whispered so silently, “Is that you Higamashi?” She asked. I still couldn’t say anything, but i slowly shook my head.
She didn’t say anything, but she came forward slowly, and when she was by me, she opened her arms. I felt like i was a child once again. I was magically so small at that moment. I closed my eyes and embraced her like I had when I was a kid, for in fact, this was my mother. When I opened my eyes I finally realised just how much i had grown. No longer was I a little kid. I was easily a head and a half taller than my mom, and quite a bit wider.
“I can’t believe it is you” She said softly. “Come on” She ordered, pulling on me, “Your father will want to see you.” I followed through a doorway, and then throughout the house. She kept on saying things, but I was in too much of a daze to really follow what she was saying. We proceeded to the second story, and then stopped in front of a door.
“Stay right here” She softly told me. She went inside the room, and softly closed the door behind her. I heard some sort of conversation, then quick movements to the door. The door then swung so fast that I was surprised it didn't completely fall off it’s hinges. In front of me stood a my father. He was maybe only half a head shorter than me, but was just as wide. He was not fat because it was obvious that even now it was pure muscle. He held himself as I pictured a ruler would, straight and tall, like he owned the world. It wasn’t a cocky posture, but more of a confident one.
He looked me up and down, he took a while and must have been thinking of what to say. “It’s like looking in a mirror” He softly said. It was true, he looked exactly like how I would look in my older years. Next thing I knew I had huge arms wrapped around me, nearly about to crush me. Finally he stopped, and I could finally breathe again. “I can’t believe how much you’ve grown” He said as he pulled away.
“Well I can’t say the same for you” I replied with a quick smile.
“He has grown the same tongue that I had” My father said, looking at Taji.
“It would seem so” She laughed. “Now son” She said, turning more serious, “What brings you back to here.”
“I am done with my schooling” I told them. “And I am going to be deployed to Kuroda Kanbei of Anagawa to help him turn the tide of his losing battles. We leave tonight.” I told them.
My father’s face instantly turned very grim. “So I thought was the reason. I knew that you wouldn’t be staying long” He said sadly. “Tell me son, are you prepared to kill someone?” He asked seriously.
The question caught me completely off guard. It took me a second but i finally thought of what to say, “I am not yet, but I will when the time comes.”
He smiled after that, “Good. I wish that I thought like that when I was young. I thought I would be a god, but I learned that I wasn’t ready for what was to come.” He said darkly.
“Jiga, don’t scare him.” Taji told him.
“You’re right of course, I shouldn’t have said that.” He apologized. We then went to a separate room to talk about my time in school. My father was very impressed with how I did, as was my mother. Finally the sun was able to be seen starting to set.
“Well, it is about time for me to leave” I told them grimmly, and got up to leave.
“Hold up son, i have a few things for you.” Jiga told me and he directed me to another room. All there was in the room was a closet, that was all. “It is time for you to done our family name” He told me, and opened the closet.
All that was inside was two swords, but they were two of the most gorgeous swords I had ever seen. One of them had a brilliant red scabbard and hilt. It also had a long curved blade that was slightly red somehow. The other was almost the exact same, but was gold instead. Both of them had a large gem set in them. The red one had a gold one, and the gold one a red.
“These swords have run in our family for many years.” He told me, “I hope that you only use them for what is right, and that is all.” He finished, a small tear forming in his eye. “I have two more things, your first set of armor, and your first horse. You will find the horse out ready for you, and the armor will be at where you are required to meet.”
“Thank you father” I said sincerely. “Now get out of here and do this family proud.” He ordered.
“Yes sir!” I saluted, gave him a hug, strapped on the swords, then left. I started walking out, but I could hear sobs coming from somewhere. I followed the sounds and wasn’t surprised to see my mother crying still on the couch. I silently crept behind her, and gave her a hig.
She let out a small surprised yelp, but didn’t fight back. “Promise you will come back Higamashi.” She whispered, trying to fight back more tears.
“Don’t worry about me mother, I will be fine.” I told her, “And I will try to write to you all as much as I possibly can.”
She looked a bit better after that. “Good son, now good luck and be safe on your way there. I love you” She said, her voice drifting off.
“I love you too mother” I told her then left. I walked out of the house and I saw my new horse. It was one of the most snow white stallions I had ever seen, but what was more amazing was that it’s tail and mane were as black as night. It made the horse look absolutely gorgeous. The horse must have cost a lot of money to my father, and it was still a very young horse. It already had a saddle, so I saddled up on it.
I took one last look back at my families house, and proceeded down the streets to meet up with everyone else who was going to Anegawa.

ItsGettingMessi
05-11-2013, 03:03 PM
I added chapter one.

riphelix
05-11-2013, 04:01 PM
That was quite a read. Real good Messi! Can't wait to see chapter 2 :)