PDA

View Full Version : Dreadrogue Story By BioFan90

BioFan90
04-03-2013, 02:59 AM
For Panic and Jimi, two of my most favorite people in FC. And for Hellwolf for allowing me to bounce ideas off of him.

Prologue:

R.E.D.D. and B.L.U.E. Two factions waging war for what has been almost 3 decades. There have been battles all over the galaxy. Either side taking part, attempting to take control of the Human colonies. From Earth herself to as far as Harvest being stages for military combat. There have been wins and losses for both sides. Many companies have been formed, within each faction, such as the Redd’s esteemed Redwatch and Blue’s Cyberdyne. Within the Companies are Squads. One squad that sticks out in particular: Dreadrogue. The one our tale focuses on. Dreadrogue is an interesting throw in of guys, all with one goal in mind: to defeat the Blues. They come from all sanctions of the galaxy, from New Georgia of Mars, or even New Carolina on Sigma Octanus IV. They are not the best, but they will soon discover their true potential. The men and women of Dreadrogue will face many trials and tribulations in their path of life, but they will overcome all of them and reign superior. For the people of Dreadrogue has a hidden potential in them no one sees. Not even the wisest of wise can comprehend all that they are capable of. That which lies in store for them, not even the mighty Redwatch could have defeated with a clear head. The upcoming events will either make or break The R.E.D.D. army. And if the team does not act as destiny foretells it, R.E.D.D. will fall, and B.L.U.E. will rise, supreme over all.

Chapter One: First Day Is The Worst

It was in the early hours of the morning. The dew had just settled on the grass outside, and the sun had just begun its daily cycle, peaking out from behind the clouds. It was sunrise, and it was a beautiful sight. BRAYNK! BRAYNK! BRAYNK! BRAYNK! BRAYNK! BRAYNK! All that beauty was interrupted for all around by a newly enlisted Private’s alarm. “Dammit”, said Brandon. He rolled over and looked at his girlfriend. She was lying next to him, adorable as he had ever saw her. He slid over and kissed her on the forehead before getting out of bed. Last time was the last time he would see her for a while. Both of them knew that. They had made the most of their night last night.
Brandon was given a code-name when he enlisted. Bio, They called him. His full code-name was BioFan. He assumed the Drill Instructor had a sense of humor. Bio walked up and had a certain, “ frolicking happiness” about him. Thought he was high on life. So he called him BioFan, meaning fan of life. Brandon thought nothing of it and adopted the new name. He liked it, and it felt natural, weirdly enough. Bio got out of bed and turned his alarm off. He walked to the left of the room where lied his dresser. He pulled out just some old, worn clothes and put them on. He never had overly fancy clothes, and he especially wouldn't need them today. Not where he was going.
He went into his bedside table, and picked up a locket. In it were two pictures. One was his girlfriend, Samantha. The other was his older brother, who went into the military before him. He lost his brother to a B.L.U.E. mortar, and forever since had a disdain taste for them. He hated the blues with a passion. He joined to make every single one of them pay. That’s not the reason he was joining. He was joining to serve. It only served as a fuel.
He walked out and got into his car. A 2013 Convertible Saleen Mustang. A relic to most other people, but not him. He loved that car. Bought it from a collector who was selling it for 5,000 credits. Cost him his college funds, but he was going into the military anyway. They’d pay for his education. Then when the war was over he could go back to making computer programs. Providing he didn't lose his life fighting.
Brandon got in and turned the engine on. He put the car in gear and drove off to Duran Ports. Duran Ports was New Carolina’s main port. Brandon was from there, and would therefore need to go there to get off land to the aircraft carrier that would put him through Boot Camp. He was about to be put through what felt like hell at first, and slowly will become second nature. he was prepared for this, he had always been. It was in his blood. His father was a marine.
Although he knew that, Brandon never actually really knew his father. He grew up without him. His mother died when he was about 2 years old. His brother, Avery, was only 4 and remembers very little. Neither of them knew their parents and grew up in a foster home, moving from place to place. It was a part of his life he neglected, foreboding himself to think about such a traumatic memory.
Brandon drove down Highway 56, trying his best to get to the ports without wrecking. The carrier was off the coast, but there was a small barge that would come by and pick him up. Brandon took the exit to get to the docks and pulled into the parking deck. Brandon did some work for the manager as a sort-of private eye, in order to find out which employee was embezzling for him. Brandon solved the case with no problem, and the manager said he owed him one. This was that one.
Brandon parked his car and got his bag out of the trunk. He handed his keys to a guard who put it in a little plastic tub on his desk. Brandon started walking to the boats. He was almost out of there. He walked over to the guard. “State your name Recruit”, said the officer, decorated in several awards. Brandon recognized a recruiter token as well as a recruit trainer medal. Brandon's brother had gotten one from where he had trained a fire-squad in the field during a mission. "Cadet Overbeek, Sir”, Brandon said. “Right this way young soldier. And best of luck”, he said. “Thank you sir”, and Bio was off.
He walked onto the troop transport boat, looking around inquisitively, but also very cautiously. Brandon was in a new place, with new surroundings. He was very unsure about what he would uncover on the boat and made sure to watch himself. He walked down a hallway, following where the officer had told him to go. He found himself upon a window, but no one was in the little room. He saw that there was an automated A.I. console nearby, and went to get his credentials and such. He activated the keypad. “Hello. I am Alpha Gamma 6, artificial intelligence. I take it you’re here for your room and information”, the thing said as it sparked into life. “Yeah. That’s me”, Brandon said, all emotion drained from his voice. “Please enter your Identification code”. A full alphabet keypad appeared in front of Brandon. He recalled upon the number he had gotten at the registration area. He typed in R5E141D98D into the device. “Processing”, the A.I. spoke with a metallic tin voice, “Processed. Welcome Recruit. I hope you enjoy your stay”. Brandon walked away.
Brandon was assigned to room 234, on the lower decks. He was assigned there with recruits by the code names of J. Smooth, Project X, GameMaster, and Jimi Hendrix.

JIMI HENRIX
04-03-2013, 11:07 AM
That's amazing, keep it up!!

[QUOTE=BioFan90;122661][SIZE=3][FONT=Fixedsys]For Panic and Jimi, two of my most favorite people in FC. And for Hellwolf for allowing me to bounce ideas off of him.

As to everyone else, suck it I'm in the top 2 xD

Fateless Wolf
04-03-2013, 06:14 PM
damn bio very nice! keep up the good work and bro spoken like a true Dreadrouge soldier. as for jimi well screw you I bounced ideas ima motha fucking trampoline >:D

BioFan90
04-09-2013, 10:16 PM
Sneak Peek Tuesday

It was in the early hours of the morning. The dew had just settled on the grass outside, and the sun had just begun its daily cycle, peaking out from behind the clouds. It was sunrise, and it was a beautiful sight. BRAYNK! BRAYNK! BRAYNK! BRAYNK! BRAYNK! BRAYNK! All that beauty was interrupted for all around by a newly enlisted Private’s alarm. “Dammit”, said Brandon. He was given a code name when he enlisted. Bio, They called him. His full code name was BioFan90. He assumed the Drill Instructor had a sense of humor. Bio walked up and had a certain, “ frolicking happiness” about him. Thought he was high on life. So he called him BioFan, meaning fan of life. Brandon thought nothing of it and adopted the new name. He liked it, and it felt natural, weirdly enough....

BioFan90
04-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Sneak Peek Tuesday (Again)

He joined to make every single one of them pay. It was somewhat of a secret agenda, and in all honesty would get him killed. He didn't think about it though. He pushed it out of his mind. That’s not the reason he was joining. He was joining to serve.
He walked out and got into his car. A 2013 Convertible Saleen Mustang. A relic to most other people, but not him. He loved that car. Bought it from a collector who was selling it for 5,000 credits. Cost him his college funds, but he was going into the military anyway.....

BioFan90
04-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Chapter One: The First Day is The Worst Part 1 is up.