PDA

View Full Version : I Think I Broke It...

Toast78901
04-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Okay, so normally I'm pretty damn good with tech problems. However, I do a lot more work with software, drivers, system registry, etc. I am having what "seems" to be a hardware problem...

My laptop is plugged in, but says it isn't charging. It has been doing this for a couple days now. Last time, it just fixed itself. This time though, it isn't going away.

I've looked this up online already and have found tons of "solutions" that don't work. Everything from a particular series of turning it off and taking out the battery, rinse and repeat, to going into the device manager and uninstalling my battery drivers to load them back up anew.

Anyone else had this problem or have a solution?

PhoenixPrime
04-03-2013, 10:31 AM
It could also be, entirely, a short in your wire. Happens all the time with laptops. The wires get bent and twisted, and they just short out. Could be software, could be hardware. Just troubleshoot the software with your drivers update. If it isn't fixed then, explore hardware options.

MedeDust
04-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Its your house, there's not enough power to charge your laptop.

JIMI HENRIX
04-03-2013, 11:01 AM
I've gone through this many times, every time it was just my charger, and a new one fixed it instantly.

Toast78901
04-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Its your house, there's not enough power to charge your laptop.

Mede, I love you <3

But yeah; I hear what you're sayin phoenix. I was just hoping you guys might have any other things I could try or rule out besides drivers before I am forced to look at it on a hardware level.

Nicholas Sapien
04-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Mede, I love you <3

But yeah; I hear what you're sayin phoenix. I was just hoping you guys might have any other things I could try or rule out besides drivers before I am forced to look at it on a hardware level.

use a hammer

Graycochea
04-03-2013, 11:57 AM
You're probably gonna have to buy a new cord... or trash the laptop and get a new one.

Toast78901
04-03-2013, 02:03 PM
You're probably gonna have to buy a new cord... or trash the laptop and get a new one.
The cord is fine. It is even denoting that it is plugged in, and the cord works with a family member's laptop. It's either an internal problem or a problem with the battery/where the battery docks.

Lil Nawty Lucia
04-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Check and make certain Nothing is Corroded, if you have to take it to a PC Repair place and see what they Say. Mine just died one day and I had to take it to a place they had it fixed in a day.

Toast78901
04-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Nope, no visible corrosion. I'll probably just take it in today or tomorrow... :(

V3N0M_SIERRA
04-22-2013, 02:44 AM
find out what was wrong toast? im personally guessing the port on your laptop needs soldered back onto the mo/bo

- - - Updated - - -

forgot to ask whats the brand make and model #

OurNewProgress
05-08-2013, 04:31 AM
A similar problem happened with my last laptop. It seemed to start out as a charger issue that eventually affected my battery. Either way I had to replace the laptop.