PDA

View Full Version : Website Update - April 9th 2013

Metkil5685
04-09-2013, 09:09 PM
So we're fresh off maintenance and what is this you see? A little bar at the bottom that won't go away, unless you press the button to hide it.

You may have seen this on other websites before and this has been something I've been wanting to do for a while, but thanks to PanicPhan and his awesome donation allowed me to install this for you guys. Before I get into the nitty gritty of our new chat mod, I want to stop to take a moment.

I love you guys. Like no seriously, fucking love you guys. Everyday I get on the website and it makes me happy seeing all this activity. The community going strong. We may not be the biggest community out there, but that doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is the quality of the experience you guys are getting here. I aim day in and day out to make some thing everyone will enjoy. So when I log in one day and see things like donations, it just makes my freaking day. To me that means you guys take trust in what I am doing and you like what I am doing. With this, I try to do more things so guys can have a better experience. So I have to thank from the bottom of my heart to everyone here, thank you so very much for just even being here. Thank you for being just awesome community members.

Now onto the chat system we have installed. With so many people to maintain contact with, sometimes it's hard to find a good medium besides Xbox Live to stay in contact or just ask a quick question. This is why I wanted to add this system to the forums. With this, everyone has a way to contact someone so long they are on the forums. So please enjoy this system, just remember that all accords are still in effect.

Some fine details you may want to notice is that the User Online number is based on your Friend List on your user profile. Despite what this says, you can message anyone by searching for the user in the Who's Online area.

Also, I want to encourage the usage of the Chatrooms in the bottom left. The main reason for this is because the current chatbox is to be removed at a later date. The date is unknown and the decision is not 100% final yet, but we are considering removing it at a later day. This new system will work faster then the current chatbox. So please use the Chatrooms!

With that, I hope everyone enjoys the new system. Spend some time tonight and get to know it.

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,
Metkil5685
Website Administrator

bazongaman502
04-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Already in Love... thank you Metkil and Myth and everyone who helped!

And of course, a HUGE! THANK YOU to Panic! You Rock Dude!

JamiDJ
04-09-2013, 09:25 PM
So we're fresh off maintenance and what is this you see? A little bar at the bottom that won't go away, unless you press the button to hide it.

You may have seen this on other websites before and this has been something I've been wanting to do for a while, but thanks to PanicPhan and his awesome donation allowed me to install this for you guys. Before I get into the nitty gritty of our new chat mod, I want to stop to take a moment.

I love you guys. Like no seriously, fucking love you guys. Everyday I get on the website and it makes me happy seeing all this activity. The community going strong. We may not be the biggest community out there, but that doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is the quality of the experience you guys are getting here. I aim day in and day out to make some thing everyone will enjoy. So when I log in one day and see things like donations, it just makes my freaking day. To me that means you guys take trust in what I am doing and you like what I am doing. With this, I try to do more things so guys can have a better experience. So I have to thank from the bottom of my heart to everyone here, thank you so very much for just even being here. Thank you for being just awesome community members.

Now onto the chat system we have installed. With so many people to maintain contact with, sometimes it's hard to find a good medium besides Xbox Live to stay in contact or just ask a quick question. This is why I wanted to add this system to the forums. With this, everyone has a way to contact someone so long they are on the forums. So please enjoy this system, just remember that all accords are still in effect.

Some fine details you may want to notice is that the User Online number is based on your Friend List on your user profile. Despite what this says, you can message anyone by searching for the user in the Who's Online area.

Also, I want to encourage the usage of the Chatrooms in the bottom left. The main reason for this is because the current chatbox is to be removed at a later date. The date is unknown and the decision is not 100% final yet, but we are considering removing it at a later day. This new system will work faster then the current chatbox. So please use the Chatrooms!

With that, I hope everyone enjoys the new system. Spend some time tonight and get to know it.

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,
Metkil5685
Website Administrator

we love you too!

Thanks to Panic and Metty, and everyone who helped make this possible :D

BlazeTokayuma
04-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Awesome! Thanks guys!

GhostHammer
04-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Looking good Metkil!

LyricsMode
04-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Love it :)

THExSPIDERMAN
04-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Fancy

VerbotenDonkey
04-09-2013, 09:40 PM
The one thing I loved about the chatbox though was that anyone could talk to everyone at once and it helped people make friends easily from other Factions. :(

BUT THIS IS AWESOME! THANKS PANIC!

Nicholas Sapien
04-09-2013, 09:40 PM
:D

Mythonian
04-09-2013, 09:41 PM
The one thing I loved about the chatbox though was that anyone could talk to everyone at once and it helped people make friends easily from other Factions. :(

General Chatroom. :)

It's just now you can ALSO talk to specific groups. For example, Forge Department, Statbook Group, etc. will end up with chatrooms.

JamiDJ
04-09-2013, 09:43 PM

It's just now you can ALSO talk to specific groups. For example, Forge Department, Statbook Group, etc. will end up with chatrooms.

i'm so excited! :D

Platinum
04-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Freaking Schweet

VerbotenDonkey
04-09-2013, 09:54 PM

I figured there was, I just found it lol. Didn't do enough snooping. Also, lol get ready for everyone and their mother to create their own chatroom xD

It's just not new person friendly. Like the chatbox was big and on the front page. This is harder to find and navigate for newer members.

RaZ Vader
04-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Skype no longer needed! Well... In terms of chatrooms :-) thank you everyone.

SuRroundeD By 1
04-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Right back at ya Met, we appreciate what you do for us man!

Spartanbh
04-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Great work Metty and Panic and everyone else who donated!!

Lil Nawty Lucia
04-09-2013, 10:30 PM
I was kinda hoping that Money went towards a Contest with actual prizes instead of Vcash.

I dont want to be "that Guy" but I doubt it will replace Skype.

Jam Cliché
04-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Hey, this is great! I just have two concerns:

The "Home" button on the bottom left. Can that be changed so that it goes to the forum or front page instead of the home page? Cause the home page is just the "Join the _____" content.

Can Myth do a light vid tutorial on the chat rooms?

Mythonian
04-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Hey, this is great! I just have two concerns:

The "Home" button on the bottom left. Can that be changed so that it goes to the forum or front page instead of the home page? Cause the home page is just the "Join the _____" content.

Can Myth do a light vid tutorial on the chat rooms?

Do a hard-refresh (ctrl+f5) or clear your cache or something. It should look like this:

http://gyazo.com/55ba63024a02a74d0c75c81aa 3304056.png?1365562081

Sure, I'll do a tutorial.

RaZ Vader
04-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Guess this can't be used via mobile? I tried to use it earlier via my phone but I did not see it.

Mythonian
04-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Guess this can't be used via mobile? I tried to use it earlier via my phone but I did not see it.

It is disabled for mobile, but there is an option to enable it. Not sure how well it'd run, but we could try it, perhaps. *turns to Metkil*

Maxdoggy
04-09-2013, 11:15 PM
So you didn't mention the games we have? What happens when you click them!?!?!??

KazuhLLL
04-10-2013, 12:39 AM
Do a hard-refresh (ctrl+f5) or clear your cache or something. It should look like this:

Ermergerd. It looks so much better than the white-on-black.

Mythonian
04-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Ermergerd. It looks so much better than the white-on-black.

Yeah, that's because you and lots of others got back on the site before we were ready. xD

That's what happens when you're not patient! lol

JamiDJ
04-10-2013, 01:02 AM
Yeah, that's because you and lots of others got back on the site before we were ready. xD

That's what happens when you're not patient! lol

i couldnt help it!

p.s. dont forget, facebook fan page on chatbar is still not working!

p.s.s. Deaf is amazing at Chess

Mythonian
04-10-2013, 01:15 AM
p.s. dont forget, facebook fan page on chatbar is still not working!

I've looked at it and can not figure out what's wrong with it. Will look at it more tomorrow.

Coda
04-10-2013, 02:11 AM
I've looked at it and can not figure out what's wrong with it. Will look at it more tomorrow.

#BlameMetkil

Looks good, guys :) I also so t think it'll completely replace Skype. It'll definitely be used. But Skype will also be used frequently, I believe.

silversleek
04-10-2013, 03:28 PM
needs underground support.

Choca Cola
04-11-2013, 07:56 PM
What is this magic? Dude, thanks for the donation Panic.( <3 you to Metty.)