PDA

View Full Version : STOP WBC

xXReiBearXx
04-16-2013, 12:29 AM
For those who do not know please reference this thread (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?10501-BOMBINGS-IN-BOSTON&p=124794#post124794).

Please do not allow these lunatics to kick us when we are down

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ban-westboro-baptist-church-entering-boston-and-picketing-funerals-those-who-died-during-bombing/KbLlysdG#thank-you=p

THExSPIDERMAN
04-16-2013, 12:42 AM
Sorry, but freedom of speech. What they say is awful, but I don't want to mess with the values America was founded on.

Coda
04-16-2013, 12:46 AM
Canada won't allow any members of the Westboro Baptist Church to entire Canada. Fun fact of the day

xXReiBearXx
04-16-2013, 12:52 AM
Sorry, but freedom of speech. What they say is awful, but I don't want to mess with the values America was founded on.

freedom of speech is one thing but if your parents died would you want people to picket their funeral?

bazongaman502
04-16-2013, 12:56 AM
I would love to sign that, but technically they can't ban them from the state. Freedom of Speech will come into play as well as other things.

So this petition really wont do anything :/

Blackhawk570
04-16-2013, 01:06 AM
I dont understand why funerals aren't private even tho they take place out in the open environment. It is such a delicate situation that deserves the respect it should be given. I am sure if this were the president there would definitely be a zero tolerance policy in effect.

xXReiBearXx
04-16-2013, 01:08 AM
I would love to sign that, but technically they can't ban them from the state. Freedom of Speech will come into play as well as other things.

So this petition really wont do anything :/

Doing something that wont work is better than doing nothing at all

THExSPIDERMAN
04-16-2013, 01:11 AM
freedom of speech is one thing but if your parents died would you want people to picket their funeral?

No I wouldn't want anyone to picket their funeral, but unfortunately they have the right to.

xXReiBearXx
04-16-2013, 01:13 AM
No I wouldn't want anyone to picket their funeral, but unfortunately they have the right to.

this is not a debate! Sign it or don't. Simple

Nicholas Sapien
04-16-2013, 01:17 AM
I have signed it

Those assholes do it to our troops as it is already :(

Lil Nawty Lucia
04-16-2013, 01:27 AM
Doing something that wont work is better than doing nothing at all

Not really wasting you time on something that wont work, may cause you to miss the chance of doing something that Would work. The thing is they are protected by law and always have been. A bombing in Boston will not change that. All the family has to do is have the funeral somewhere private and then they can't do anything. The Reason they could mess up Soldier funerals is because it was a government funded funeral on government land.

VerbotenDonkey
04-16-2013, 09:28 AM
I mean technically they can't enter the graveyard because it's a private event so they picket outside of it. But yeah this unfortunately won't pass. They are protected to believe whatever they want. Best thing you can do against them is picket them back.

Coda
04-16-2013, 10:18 AM
I mean technically they can't enter the graveyard because it's a private event so they picket outside of it. But yeah this unfortunately won't pass. They are protected to believe whatever they want. Best thing you can do against them is picket them back.

Hahahaha that would be so funny

xXReiBearXx
04-16-2013, 10:56 AM
like I said this thread isn't a debate...sign it or don't lol I mean yall can go back and forth until you are blue in the face but the point is you can sign it or not sign it

KazuhLLL
04-16-2013, 11:02 AM
like I said this thread isn't a debate...sign it or don't lol I mean yall can go back and forth until you are blue in the face but the point is you can sign it or not sign it

Well not everybody has a firm opinion on whether they'd want to sign the petition or not. "Debating" could sway people one way or another. Nobody is hurting anybody by having a calm, healthy discussion on the matter.

xXReiBearXx
04-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Well not everybody has a firm opinion on whether they'd want to sign the petition or not. "Debating" could sway people one way or another. Nobody is hurting anybody by having a calm, healthy discussion on the matter.

Well this is a sensitive subject for me...I put the post here to gain support to those who wish to do so. Some people I knew were out there. No one was killed thank god but there were some people I know who are in the hospital...so forgive me if I am not trying to be calm about this topic...

Zeta Crossfire
04-16-2013, 01:14 PM
To be allowed the best for of speech we must also allow the worst.

Silko
04-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Well this is a sensitive subject for me...I put the post here to gain support to those who wish to do so. Some people I knew were out there. No one was killed thank god but there were some people I know who are in the hospital...so forgive me if I am not trying to be calm about this topic...

While this is perfectly understandable you must not let these people get to you. Understand that you are the better person by refusing to acknowledge their behavior. I agree that what they do is wrong but I won't stop them from doing it due to the same law that lets me type on this forum. Several posters of this forum are simply stating a cold hard fact that has been debated in court rooms. This form of speech is protected in the 1st amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Meaning no petition will be able to prevent such actions. When it comes to these hate groups who like to dance on the line it is best not to acknowledge them and continue with your life.

bl4yze
04-16-2013, 01:27 PM
This has been attempted at every funeral that WBC protest. I'd suggest trying to gather as many people as possible and create a human wall between the protesters and anyone en-route to the funeral. I believe this is what happened when they protested the Sandy Hook funerals, and also a few of the soldier funerals. This will also bring the community together which is what is necessary after a tragedy like this.

Jam Cliché
04-16-2013, 02:33 PM
This has been attempted at every funeral that WBC protest. I'd suggest trying to gather as many people as possible and create a human wall between the protesters and anyone en-route to the funeral. I believe this is what happened when they protested the Sandy Hook funerals, and also a few of the soldier funerals. This will also bring the community together which is what is necessary after a tragedy like this.

I like this. Stand up to the same people who are heartlessly harassing the families. Get right in between them and the funeral procession.

xXReiBearXx
04-16-2013, 02:35 PM

I agree with this

silversleek
04-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Hahahaha that would be so funny

anonymous has done it before on several occasions.

xXReiBearXx
04-17-2013, 06:24 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/538002_10200712482561770_ 730585136_n.jpg

GhostHammer
04-17-2013, 06:37 PM
In other news, Anon now has control of the WBC Facebook page.

VerbotenDonkey
04-17-2013, 06:53 PM
In other news, Anon now has control of the WBC Facebook page.

If you look at the posts, it looks like it was never WBCs in the first place though.

GhostHammer
04-17-2013, 06:56 PM
If you look at the posts, it looks like it was never WBCs in the first place though.

No, that one is WBC's alright. It's freaking great :)

SuRroundeD By 1
04-17-2013, 08:10 PM
I don't know guys . . . the Constitution has been and is being violated and changed . . . who knows how many Constitutional rights we'll have left in 10 - 20 years.

RetRdidMunkie
04-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Just a heads up, there was a petition up to get the wbc's church status revoked, and formally recognizing them as a hate group, which would really wreak havoc on their finances and taxes.
I'll try and find the link later.

xXReiBearXx
04-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Just a heads up, there was a petition up to get the wbc's church status revoked, and formally recognizing them as a hate group, which would really wreak havoc on their finances and taxes.

Exactly! Hate group! Not religious!

Juggernaut9473
04-17-2013, 09:15 PM
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/revoke-tax-exempt-status-westboro-baptist-church-re-classify-westboro-baptist-church-hate-group/tNVz4V7Q
found it munkie

RetRdidMunkie
04-17-2013, 09:25 PM
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/revoke-tax-exempt-status-westboro-baptist-church-re-classify-westboro-baptist-church-hate-group/tNVz4V7Q
found it munkie
Thanks Juggs

xXReiBearXx
04-17-2013, 11:21 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/164685_10151845461833508_ 21804792_n.jpg

Lil Nawty Lucia
04-17-2013, 11:46 PM

Now that would be something worth Signing. Still not sure it would work though.

xXReiBearXx
04-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Now that would be something worth Signing. Still not sure it would work though.

rude...You know as a fellow bisexual I would think you would be more supportive than this. I am disappointed...

Al Capone111
04-18-2013, 12:14 AM
I really do enjoy fucking with the people of WBC. One time Shirly Phelps-Roper and her husband came to my college. A bunch of my gay friends and I decided to fuck with them while they were protesting. It was fun. I grinded on that bitch and her dickless husband and I have no shame about it. In all honesty if I am ever at military funeral and they show up, I will end up in jail for how badly I will fuck them up.

And for those of you saying "Oh they have a right to protest and blah blah blah", you are just as bad as them. Personally the dog shit in my parents backyard has more rights than these.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/ZacMathes/388903_2867817098811_3438 00658_n_zpsd222669c.jpg
(This is a pic from that day I saw them. That is not me.)
They do not protest. All they do is spread hate. It is hate speech. And that is not protected under law.

Deaf
04-18-2013, 03:30 AM
Al Capone, you know I like you, but you couldn't seem like more of a prick right now. I was in the army and deployed to Iraq for 2 years before I started working for the FBI. I am dedicating my life to this country. You can ask Second Nature, I've spent very little playing with them this month because of my job. I'm actually up here in Boston this week investigating the bombings. I had one of my best friends die in Iraq in my arms and you know what, the WBC picketed his funeral. Trust me, I hate them more than anyone else, and if the Phelps were to break the actual law, I'd be the first one there to take them down. But they aren't breaking the law. They are using their freedom of expression. The same freedom that allows you guys to say your point of view. They have as many rights as anyone else. I fight not just to protect your rights, but theirs as well. The second we take away one person's rights is the day we cease to be a free country. I'm glad most of you realize all of this. But every American who actually supports Rei Bear's position, I am very disappointed in you.

Mods, close this thread please.

MDMYAY
04-18-2013, 03:50 AM
Al Capone, you know I like you, but you couldn't seem like more of a prick right now. I was in the army and deployed to Iraq for 2 years before I started working for the FBI. I am dedicating my life to this country. You can ask Second Nature, I've spent very little playing with them this month because of my job. I'm actually up here in Boston this week investigating the bombings. I had one of my best friends die in Iraq in my arms and you know what, the WBC picketed his funeral. Trust me, I hate them more than anyone else, and if the Phelps were to break the actual law, I'd be the first one there to take them down. But they aren't breaking the law. They are using their freedom of expression. The same freedom that allows you guys to say your point of view. They have as many rights as anyone else. I fight not just to protect your rights, but theirs as well. The second we take away one person's rights is the day we cease to be a free country. I'm glad most of you realize all of this. But every American who actually supports Rei Bear's position, I am very disappointed in you.

I have the most raging freedom boner after reading that. God fucking BLESS AMERICA.

MedeDust
04-18-2013, 04:03 AM
Give them a reality TV show already. That's what they're after, world recognition, we're doing a great job giving that to them. Let's focus on the real issue. My prayers are with the families of those lost in the terror I don't have the capacity to care if a couple of low lives want to draw attention away from the real matter.

Silko
04-18-2013, 12:30 PM
People how about instead of focusing on 1 group of sad and terrible people how about we focus on the people who a) have been affected by this horrific event and b) the brave men and women who rushed into the fire and chaos to save lives with out any thought of their own safety. These are the people do deserve our attention not a group of hate mongers.

xXReiBearXx
04-18-2013, 12:51 PM

I am utterly disgusted with this comment. How dare you. A soldier fights and dies for our right to freedom of speech and how is it repayed? By people using that right to disgrae and disrespect that solider! Again...I am thankful for my freedom of speech but that DOES NOT give people the right to disgrace this Country by using the freedom this country gives us to bash it. If you want to hate america then get the fuck out of the country! Anyone who would celebrate the deaths of children and soldiers who fight to keep this country safe and free does NOT deserve the right to have freedom. Let them pull this in another country and see how that country handles it. If I have to give up my freedom so those bastards don't have any I would do so without even blinking. You can't go up to the president and say I am going to punch you without consequences right? That is freedom of speech right? No wait that is called assault. You get it? Thank you for your service. I appreciate that you fought for my freedom. I would never in my life disgrace that freedom gifted to me by my country and the men and woman who fight for it.

Zeta Crossfire
04-18-2013, 01:14 PM

This is a great comment deaf.

Silko
04-18-2013, 01:40 PM
I am utterly disgusted with this comment. How dare you. A soldier fights and dies for our right to freedom of speech and how is it repayed? By people using that right to disgrae and disrespect that solider! Again...I am thankful for my freedom of speech but that DOES NOT give people the right to disgrace this Country by using the freedom this country gives us to bash it. If you want to hate america then get the fuck out of the country! Anyone who would celebrate the deaths of children and soldiers who fight to keep this country safe and free does NOT deserve the right to have freedom. Let them pull this in another country and see how that country handles it. If I have to give up my freedom so those bastards don't have any I would do so without even blinking. You can't go up to the president and say I am going to punch you without consequences right? That is freedom of speech right? No wait that is called assault. You get it? Thank you for your service. I appreciate that you fought for my freedom. I would never in my life disgrace that freedom gifted to me by my country and the men and woman who fight for it.

ok, Now I am pissed. Rei how dare YOU question anyone who has actually put their own neck on the line so you can make such a short sighted comment such as this. Yes many people disagree with their statements and actions, yes they are considered a hate group by many but according to our laws that people life deaf and fought and died for they are protected by our Constitution. Your short sightedness and lack of respect disgust me. Moderators please close this thread seeing as it is going no where productive.

VerbotenDonkey
04-18-2013, 01:52 PM
Yeah I don't see this going anywhere. Closed.

JamiDJ
04-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Looks like Donkey got here before me. This thread has gone a bit off topic, and will now be closed. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c287/Maxdoggy/FCclosetopicFC.jpg