PDA

View Full Version : FC Pokemon League

Deaf
04-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Hey guys, the Pokemon world is looking very good thanks to the efforts of Guzzie. We need to know something before we can progress much further though, we need people to help run the league. This means gym leaders and Elite Four members. I need to get a list of people willing to make their own gym in FC. I'd prefer equal parts REDD and Blue, but we'll find a place for anyone. Just respond to this message saying what you'd like to do and what type of pokemon you'd like to train. Thanks guys.

BR Snivy
04-23-2013, 10:49 PM
now is this to that mmo or the ds video game?

also im a great ice type user

JamiDJ
04-23-2013, 11:36 PM
now is this to that mmo or the ds video game?

^

also, i'd like to run the electric type gym :D

Guzzie
04-24-2013, 12:09 AM
It would be on the DS video game. I am currently drawing an FC pokemon world map, where towns will have their respective gyms. Any member of FC can challenge any of the gyms. Its just a fun little thing that popped into my head after hearing everyone talking about pokemon. Ill be getting a 3ds soon so I'll be a challenger. Gym leaders can have their own badge, and if a challenger defeats said gym leader, he can display that badge in his signature. More will be explained as we figure out all of the details. For now we need potential gym leaders.

VerbotenDonkey
04-24-2013, 12:16 AM
Don't have a 3DS though. :I Suppose if enough people were interested that didn't have a 3DS either, could also replicate it on PWO.

KazuhLLL
04-24-2013, 12:22 AM
It would be on the DS video game.

:(

JamiDJ
04-24-2013, 01:29 AM
Don't have a 3DS though. :I Suppose if enough people were interested that didn't have a 3DS either, could also replicate it on PWO.

BR Snivy
04-24-2013, 07:08 AM
we could just do this http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/
battle it out there for the ppl without ds.
i know i hinted this before but now im sure call ice gym

JonOU812
04-24-2013, 07:11 AM
very interesting, good thing I got a 3DS. Btw I call Steel gym.

Also when choosing pokemon, no legendaries.

BR Snivy
04-24-2013, 07:32 AM
theres alot to think about on this.
should said GL have wildcards?( 1 - 2 pokemon that arnt his type)

should challengers have there team registered?(set team with substitutes before they even challenge the first gym, this prevents them from counter teaming as easily).

Should GL with the corresponding type be allowed to use weather(for those who dont know how weather works Example will be a rain team: politoad with DW ability comes in allowing permanent rain, then you switch to kindra and either do D dance while your opp trys to kill kindra but 9/10 will fail because of kindra ability its 2x faster in rain and water moves are also more powerful so the 3rd turn you would sweep your opps entire team with just kindra.)

should GL have rules before being challenge?

theres a lot to think before this can be fully workable

KazuhLLL
04-24-2013, 08:34 AM
we could just do this http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/
battle it out there for the ppl without ds.
i know i hinted this before but now im sure call ice gym

Holy crap, that's perfect. You can choose levels, ability, item held, and even the distribution of EV's. :O

BR Snivy
04-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Holy crap, that's perfect. You can choose levels, ability, item held, and even the distribution of EV's. :O
theres a download version as well with an easier builder in my opinion, but its dieing because the browser has moving animations, im guessing and the builder is still not that hard to figure out.

PhoenixPrime
04-24-2013, 12:15 PM
I will be the Dark-Type Gym, or Elite Four. I've been doing this for a while now, so I think I qualify.

I think there should be some ground rules:

1). All Gym Teams are static. Once a gym registers a team, they cannot replace members of that team but once every two months.

2). All Elite Four Teams are static. Once an Elite Four registers a team, they cannot replace members of that team but once every month, and only one at a time.

3). All challenger teams are static per gym badge. Once a challenger challenges a gym in the circuit order, they cannot replace a member of their team until the next gym battle, and only 3 at a time, ever.

4). All Elite Four challengers must have at LEAST 8 badges.

5). The Champion may have registered up to 7 teams, and each team can only be on rotation once per day. (Meaning you never know which team the champion has out that day, and it'll change by tomorrow, etc. )

6). Elite Four Challengers can only use ONE team to challenge the Elite Four, and cannot change that team until they face the champion, at which time they may change the makeup of their team.

7). Each trainer in the FC Pokemon League may possess ONE legendary pokemon in their team, pending specific pokemon restrictions. No other trainer may possess the same legendary pokemon as another trainer.

The reason for all of these is to make it a challenge to fight gym leaders, since they'll be restricted to just one type typically. Also, the legendary rule adds a bit of personality to the whole thing. That can go, however. The big ones that can't be used would be like Arceus and a few others.

JamiDJ
04-24-2013, 12:17 PM
I will be the Dark-Type Gym, or Elite Four. I've been doing this for a while now, so I think I qualify.

1). All Gym Teams are static. Once a gym registers a team, they cannot replace members of that team but once every two months.

2). All Elite Four Teams are static. Once an Elite Four registers a team, they cannot replace members of that team but once every month, and only one at a time.

3). All challenger teams are static per gym badge. Once a challenger challenges a gym in the circuit order, they cannot replace a member of their team until the next gym battle, and only 3 at a time, ever.

5). The Champion may have registered up to 7 teams, and each team can only be on rotation once per day. (Meaning you never know which team the champion has out that day, and it'll change by tomorrow, etc. )

6). Elite Four Challengers can only use ONE team to challenge the Elite Four, and cannot change that team until they face the champion, at which time they may change the makeup of their team.

7). Each trainer in the FC Pokemon League may possess ONE legendary pokemon in their team, pending specific pokemon restrictions. No other trainer may possess the same legendary pokemon as another trainer.

The reason for all of these is to make it a challenge to fight gym leaders, since they'll be restricted to just one type typically. Also, the legendary rule adds a bit of personality to the whole thing. That can go, however. The big ones that can't be used would be like Arceus and a few others.

this! :D

KazuhLLL
04-24-2013, 12:26 PM

This sounds fantastic.

DIBS ON MEWTWO!

Also, Wobbufets should be banned.

riphelix
04-24-2013, 12:52 PM

I completely agree with all of this as well.

VerbotenDonkey
04-24-2013, 12:56 PM
That sounds pretty awesome. :D

RahzVael
04-24-2013, 03:27 PM
So the work I'm putting into forging Gyms is basically not even getting noticed then? Wonderful. :(

JamiDJ
04-24-2013, 03:43 PM
thats not fair, i'd like to see them!

i did not realize you were forging gyms!

RahzVael
04-24-2013, 03:46 PM
I've got one made right now Jamie. I can show you next time you are online if you want

VerbotenDonkey
04-24-2013, 03:54 PM
So the work I'm putting into forging Gyms is basically not even getting noticed then? Wonderful. :(

You never made a post about them lol. I had figured you were going to keep it for just REDWATCH for the time being. xD

RahzVael
04-24-2013, 03:56 PM
You should know by now donkey, that I don't proclaim what I'm working on. I want people to take an interest in what I'm doing and ask me.

Plus I've been busy

JamiDJ
04-24-2013, 04:00 PM
You should know by now donkey, that I don't proclaim what I'm working on. I want people to take an interest in what I'm doing and ask me.

Plus I've been busy

:D i'm aksing , and interested.

riphelix
04-24-2013, 04:02 PM
thats not fair, i'd like to see them!

i did not realize you were forging gyms!

this!
i bet its pretty badass. are you doing all the gyms?

VerbotenDonkey
04-24-2013, 04:03 PM
:D i'm aksing , and interested.

The Gym is really cool. :) Can't wait until we create our "Parties" xD I think Gym Battles on Halo would be amazing. Reminds me of the Halo 2 days when we used to replicate it.

RahzVael
04-24-2013, 04:11 PM
I plan to do 8 Gyms and an elite 4 map

JamiDJ
04-24-2013, 04:15 PM
I plan to do 8 Gyms and an elite 4 map

:D i'd love to see it

RahzVael
04-24-2013, 04:20 PM
I'll be home in like 2 hours

JamiDJ
04-24-2013, 04:32 PM
I'll be home in like 2 hours

i'll be home in 5 hrs LOL

RahzVael
04-24-2013, 04:33 PM
I'll still be around

JamiDJ
04-24-2013, 04:35 PM
I'll still be around

:D yay!

silversleek
04-24-2013, 04:51 PM
i'll either be a water or fire type gym leader, depending. Whoever claims either water or fire will get that one and i'll take the other. I'll submit a team when all rules have been worked out. Also, complete ban on wobbuffet or i'm out. Seriously, he's so overpowered it's not even funny.

riphelix
04-24-2013, 05:16 PM
:D i'd love to see it

I would too.

i'll either be a water or fire type gym leader, depending. Whoever claims either water or fire will get that one and i'll take the other. I'll submit a team when all rules have been worked out. Also, complete ban on wobbuffet or i'm out. Seriously, he's so overpowered it's not even funny.

I've always specialized my teams with fire, dragon, and psychic. With a Ghost thrown in there occasionally. So if it came down to it, I'd take fire if you didn't mind (if I became a gym leader of course). But any of those is fine with me really.

silversleek
04-24-2013, 05:30 PM
I would too.

I've always specialized my teams with fire, dragon, and psychic. With a Ghost thrown in there occasionally. So if it came down to it, I'd take fire if you didn't mind (if I became a gym leader of course). But any of those is fine with me really.

usually i do a fire/fighting team. I just want the water for the chance to use a level 100 magikarp.

VerbotenDonkey
04-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Fire / Ghost. Or Fire / Psychic. :D

riphelix
04-24-2013, 06:29 PM
usually i do a fire/fighting team. I just want the water for the chance to use a level 100 magikarp.

Haha lvl100 Magikarp would be insane. I bet nobody would expect that.

Fire / Ghost. Or Fire / Psychic. :D

Those have always worked so well for me back in the day. I love them and they're interesting type combos :P

- - - Updated - - -

Also I forgot to say whichever works for you. I could do one of the other types if you really wanted fire. It's all good with me.

silversleek
04-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Haha lvl100 Magikarp would be insane. I bet nobody would expect that.

Those have always worked so well for me back in the day. I love them and they're interesting type combos :P

- - - Updated - - -

Also I forgot to say whichever works for you. I could do one of the other types if you really wanted fire. It's all good with me.

nah, i'll go water

Lil Nawty Lucia
04-24-2013, 07:32 PM
I want in on this, but you guys lost me somewhere.

PhoenixPrime
04-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Just depends on the format. If it's in a game where I, as a gym leader, would have to start at lvl 1 like everyone else, it'll be a while before we get where we want.

I've had the same team for over a year now, and I know them in and out. They're pretty much constant, and I love how they play together.

Since I've been a gym leader, I've only had to give out my badge three times, in well over a year and a half.

I'm really interested, we just need a common medium for battling to take place. If it's on the 3DS, then I'm automatically out. If it takes place on PokemonShowdown, I'm good. If it takes place on the BlackWhite 1/2 games on the DS, I'm good.

KazuhLLL
04-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Just depends on the format. If it's in a game where I, as a gym leader, would have to start at lvl 1 like everyone else, it'll be a while before we get where we want.

I've had the same team for over a year now, and I know them in and out. They're pretty much constant, and I love how they play together.

Since I've been a gym leader, I've only had to give out my badge three times, in well over a year and a half.

I'm really interested, we just need a common medium for battling to take place. If it's on the 3DS, then I'm automatically out. If it takes place on PokemonShowdown, I'm good. If it takes place on the BlackWhite 1/2 games on the DS, I'm good.

I would prefer PokemonShowdown. We could even have the gym leaders scale in level like in the handhelds, and limit the challenger's levels similarly at each gym.

JamiDJ
04-24-2013, 08:15 PM
I would prefer PokemonShowdown. We could even have the gym leaders scale in level like in the handhelds, and limit the challenger's levels similarly at each gym.

this :D

PhoenixPrime
04-24-2013, 08:34 PM
I don't mind having non-lvl 100's battle, but we might want to still have them at a high cap, perhaps around 75?

If so, then I'd like to request being the last gym, or even am willing to be the Champ.

JamiDJ
04-24-2013, 08:57 PM
since i would like to be electric gym-- maybe 3rd or so--- level cap could be 35

BR Snivy
04-24-2013, 09:04 PM
should have a round robin GL tourney to decide on what number the gyms will be, the higher the points the further the gym

silversleek
04-24-2013, 09:06 PM
of course, i'd also be open to the idea of pulling a generation five and having different gym leaders in the same gym. like the trio badge, i forget if you have to beat all three or only one, but there's grass/fire/water in the same gym. we could really spice things up. actually, put a hold on my water position, i want to think of something a bit more unique.

hmm....

BR Snivy
04-24-2013, 09:11 PM
of course, i'd also be open to the idea of pulling a generation five and having different gym leaders in the same gym. like the trio badge, i forget if you have to beat all three or only one, but there's grass/fire/water in the same gym. we could really spice things up. actually, put a hold on my water position, i want to think of something a bit more unique.

hmm....

gen 5 had trio and you had to fight the one that is good against your starter
gen 3 however also had a double battle GL some maby we could have a gym that has a double or even triple battle team

silversleek
04-24-2013, 09:22 PM
gen 5 had trio and you had to fight the one that is good against your starter
gen 3 however also had a double battle GL some maby we could have a gym that has a double or even triple battle team

kk, but again, we need some creativity in this.

BR Snivy
04-24-2013, 10:09 PM
I've been thinking of a luck leader where before the battle the challenger have to roll a die 1-6 and the number is the amount of pokemon he and the leader can use

riphelix
04-24-2013, 10:22 PM
I've been thinking of a luck leader where before the battle the challenger have to roll a die 1-6 and the number is the amount of pokemon he and the leader can use

I like that idea. it would spice things up a bit and each champion battle would be different.

Also, what exactly are we doing this on? I got confused in the mix :/

KazuhLLL
04-24-2013, 10:24 PM
I like that idea. it would spice things up a bit and each champion battle would be different.

Also, what exactly are we doing this on? I got confused in the mix :/

I vote http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/

Start building your team! :D

BR Snivy
04-24-2013, 10:30 PM

seems the most convenient i like it

riphelix
04-24-2013, 10:39 PM

Good shit, thanks man :)
I was on something else haha time to start grinding some more.

KazuhLLL
04-24-2013, 10:45 PM
Good shit, thanks man :)
I was on something else haha time to start grinding some more.

With that website you don't have to train them or anything, you could just add them at any level. IMO it would be easiest to do a League on there. Otherwise we'd be waiting weeks (or potentially months) for even just the gym leaders and elite four to get their teams ready, let alone any challengers.

I'm still playing through a (legit) game on Pokemon World Online, but I'm figuring out a team to challenge with on Pokemon Showdown.

riphelix
04-24-2013, 10:54 PM
With that website you don't have to train them or anything, you could just add them at any level. IMO it would be easiest to do a League on there. Otherwise we'd be waiting weeks (or potentially months) for even just the gym leaders and elite four to get their teams ready, let alone any challengers.

I'm still playing through a (legit) game on Pokemon World Online, but I'm figuring out a team to challenge with on Pokemon Showdown.

That's very true. We can get this thing kicked off right away. Just gotta find challengers and whatnot. Now i just need to figure out who I'm using and what levels they need to be.

I'm gonna keep playin PWO as well, just for the hell of it I guess.

PhoenixPrime
04-27-2013, 01:18 PM
So, where are we on this?

Shall we have an xbl meeting to set this up?

JonOU812
04-27-2013, 01:57 PM
So, where are we on this?

Shall we have an xbl meeting to set this up?

I support this

riphelix
04-27-2013, 04:08 PM
I made a list of pokemon I'd like to use. I just need to figure out exactly who and what lvls they need to be at.

I was also wondering if we're sticking to one specific type per gym or if it was alright to use two..

kevin2sick
04-28-2013, 11:23 PM
This'd be fun. Count me in

Harry
04-28-2013, 11:49 PM
#Lvl100Bidoof

RahzVael
04-29-2013, 12:57 AM
#Lvl100Zubat

There I fixed that for you

KazuhLLL
04-29-2013, 01:47 AM
#Lvl100ZubatThere I fixed that for you

I think you meant this:

#Lvl100Magikarp

BWG Assassin
05-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Bug type?

JonOU812
05-07-2013, 08:21 PM
so what's the statues on this?

Fiery Grave
05-07-2013, 10:51 PM
I'd love to be fire gym leader :3 and i'll battle anyone with my fire team for that title!
But ds version only for that cause you can be cheap as fuck on that site

Guzzie
05-07-2013, 11:19 PM
so what's the statues on this?
I think there is a bit of confusion. There is talk of on actual online Pokemon rpg. Apparently there is a website in which you can play a beta Pokemon rpg or something along those line. Some people want to do the FC poke league there.

The other idea was to have a made up one in FC alone. This would require you to own a DS or 3DS. Would assign people different gyms and keep track of things through the forums.

I prefer the latter, simply because the quality of the game is better on the DS or 3DS. I've been drawing a make believe poke world, which we could use if this was the case, but we would have to figure out who can do what.

RahzVael
05-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Or if I can ever get the time ill finish my forge gyms and we would play it in game.

JonOU812
05-08-2013, 01:42 PM
I think there is a bit of confusion. There is talk of on actual online Pokemon rpg. Apparently there is a website in which you can play a beta Pokemon rpg or something along those line. Some people want to do the FC poke league there.

The other idea was to have a made up one in FC alone. This would require you to own a DS or 3DS. Would assign people different gyms and keep track of things through the forums.

I prefer the latter, simply because the quality of the game is better on the DS or 3DS. I've been drawing a make believe poke world, which we could use if this was the case, but we would have to figure out who can do what.

Since I do have a DS/3DS (actually both) I think this would be a good idea, but again others would require a DS/3DS which I believe not many have.
In terms of an online Pokemon game/rpg, It would be kind of difficult mainly it's inconvenient (or maybe just because we haven't found a convenient site that would work out).

Or if I can ever get the time ill finish my forge gyms and we would play it in game.
How would that even work? I mean yes we have user created gyms (which sounds awesome) but how would we battle?

KazuhLLL
05-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Since I do have a DS/3DS (actually both) I think this would be a good idea, but again others would require a DS/3DS which I believe not many have.
In terms of an online Pokemon game/rpg, It would be kind of difficult mainly it's inconvenient (or maybe just because we haven't found a convenient site that would work out).

Pokemon Showdown would be the best place to do it that's not on the DS. With Pokemon World Online (the rpg being talked about) there are region limitations and you have to catch and train the Pokemon and stuff. But with Pokemon Showdown you literally make the exact team you want at the exact levels and you can battle whoever you want.

JamiDJ
05-08-2013, 02:04 PM

How would that even work? I mean yes we have user created gyms (which sounds awesome) but how would we battle?

i seen one of they gyms he created. looks fun, and could be done!

RahzVael
05-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Yeah, the basic concept is that someone would play as a trainer and have a group of people to play as the Pokemon and take commands from the trainer, like when to attack or dodge.

BlazeTokayuma
05-08-2013, 04:54 PM
I want in on this! I'd most likely be a trainer though. XD

riphelix
05-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Pokemon Showdown would be the best place to do it that's not on the DS. With Pokemon World Online (the rpg being talked about) there are region limitations and you have to catch and train the Pokemon and stuff. But with Pokemon Showdown you literally make the exact team you want at the exact levels and you can battle whoever you want.

This!
Also, where are we with this Kaz?

BubbaBishop21
05-08-2013, 07:35 PM
So this is what I've gathered. We would have Raz Vael make gyms on Xbox 360 and the player would go through it, and if they run into a trainer, they go onto Pokemon Showdown and fight, and things are decided accordingly. Sound about right?

Also, I can do a steel gym, or a Fighting Gym. And no. fucking. wobbuffets.

VerbotenDonkey
05-08-2013, 07:38 PM
So this is what I've gathered. We would have Raz Vael make gyms on Xbox 360 and the player would go through it, and if they run into a trainer, they go onto Pokemon Showdown and fight, and things are decided accordingly. Sound about right?

Also, I can do a steel gym, or a Fighting Gym. And no. fucking. wobbuffets.

What Rahz did is make Gyms online for Halo 4 "Pokemon" battles. Basically Spartans use weapons to simulate being Pokemon and each Weapon is sort of like a different attack.

JonOU812
05-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Basically Spartans use weapons to simulate being Pokemon and each Weapon is sort of like a different attack.
No offense but that just sounds r-tarded.

VerbotenDonkey
05-08-2013, 07:44 PM
No offense but that just sounds r-tarded.

Cool story? Then don't join in.

KazuhLLL
05-08-2013, 08:16 PM
What Rahz did is make Gyms online for Halo 4 "Pokemon" battles. Basically Spartans use weapons to simulate being Pokemon and each Weapon is sort of like a different attack.

Spartan Laser should be either Hyper Beam or Solar Beam xD

JonOU812
05-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Cool story? Then don't join in.

I'm just saying that it wouldn't fit the pokemon theme

VerbotenDonkey
05-08-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm just saying that it wouldn't fit the pokemon theme

How so?

JonOU812
05-08-2013, 10:48 PM
How so?

well think about. There are about 100+ moves in pokemon and x weapons, grenades, AA'S, and "techniques" aka t-bagging and others
It would be a lot more simpler to play a traditional pokemon game with certain moves, double/triple/rotation battles, and to have just have an adventure. That's pretty much what pokemon is. Not some space guys killing each other with lasers and pistols.
I'm just saying, I think the majority would want to have that traditional feel .

aszlehj
05-10-2013, 05:09 AM
it sounds like fun to me :D i have a ds lite :c

http://data.whicdn.com/images/60962069/large.gif

http://data.whicdn.com/images/58707462/tumblr_m7svnlw4e61qg6rkio 1_r1_500_large.gif

http://data.whicdn.com/images/60873405/large.gif

Houdini
05-15-2013, 04:53 PM
If any of you guys are interested in becoming gym leaders for the FC Pokemon league, contact BR Snivy and put up a thread in the FC Pokemon League forum (http://fcwars.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?528-FC-Pokemon-League). If you are interested in challenging, start forming your team. Once we have 6 gyms the challenges will open up. All battles are going to take place on PokemonShowdown.com (http://www.pokemonshowdown.com). If you are interested in having a practice battle before the league opens, send me a message and I'll take you on.

Good Luck,
Houdini