PDA

View Full Version : FC Top 5: Episode 01

bl4yze
04-27-2013, 12:50 AM
FC Top 5: Episode 01

After a few days of yelling at my computer's lack of RAM, I've put together (with the help of my judges) the top 5 clips from the submissions we received. We didn't have as many submissions as we would've liked, but hopefully we'll have more in the coming weeks.

Without further ado, I present to you the first installment of the FC Top 5!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX9qYq27p40

For more info on submitting clips you can either reference this thread:
http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?10508-FC-Halo-4-Top-5-The-Revival

Or send me a message in this format:

Gamertag:
Waypoint Link:
Description:

Thanks to all that submitted clips, and the judges (Guzzie, MDMYAY & JamieDJ)

note: none of the judges who submitted clips could vote on a scale of 1-10 on their own clips

VerbotenDonkey
04-27-2013, 12:55 AM
Wow Blaze, that was REALLY professional. I really liked it. Bravo to you, good sir. Keep it up. Only complaint, and this is MINOR, is that the transitions showing off what the Number X is, is like 1 second too long. But that is something MINOR. Please keep these up.

RaZ Vader
04-27-2013, 12:56 AM
that....was....awesome...

KazuhLLL
04-27-2013, 12:59 AM
Wow Blaze, that was REALLY professional. I really liked it. Bravo to you, good sir. Keep it up. Only complaint, and this is MINOR, is that the transitions showing off what the Number X is, is like 1 second too long. But that is something MINOR. Please keep these up.

What he said^

Great, job blaze! Nice to see my clip make it, although I figure it was due in part to lack of submissions xD

RaZ Vader
04-27-2013, 01:00 AM
Yeah I am sharing this with the world Bl4yze. I am impressed. Want a job? I think I want to pay you... lol

Mythonian
04-27-2013, 01:01 AM
What he said^

Great, job blaze! Nice to see my clip make it, although I figure it was due in part to lack of submissions xD
^ On that note,

Everyone be sure to send in clips!!

bl4yze
04-27-2013, 01:08 AM

Thank you! and point taken with the intros, I didn't want to keep anyone waiting so this one was semi rushed, but now I have a solid workflow down so I can get these pumped out relatively quickly (CPU and RAM depending)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I am sharing this with the world Bl4yze. I am impressed. Want a job? I think I want to pay you... lol

I'm all ears :)

Fuzzy
04-27-2013, 01:41 AM
This was extremely sexy, keep up the good work!

Also remember my suggestion to make the F and C capitalized at the start of the video next time.

Metkil5685
04-27-2013, 01:57 AM
Holy professional level editing batman. Fantastic work with this. I might be getting in contact with you for some my projects in the near future. :D

Thought one ask I have to ask, what software are you using? (editing, rendering, capturing, etc.)

bl4yze
04-27-2013, 02:12 AM
Thought one ask I have to ask, what software are you using? (editing, rendering, capturing, etc.)

After Effects for the motion tracking (clip intros), HDPVRCapture with my Cap card at top quality settings, Premiere for putting it all together, and Ableton Live for a few audio edits.

Always up for collaborating too!

Silko
04-27-2013, 02:42 AM
Very well done! I thought this was a top 5 for the battles but if this is a top 5 for MM and the battles then I'll make sure to start saving more games

bl4yze
04-27-2013, 03:01 AM
Very well done! I thought this was a top 5 for the battles but if this is a top 5 for MM and the battles then I'll make sure to start saving more games

The idea was to have them just from battle nights but I think we'll likely just have clips from FC members from matchmaking or "competitive" 4v4s.

I was also thinking of doing themed top 5s in the future like Fails, Sticks etc.

MDMYAY
04-27-2013, 03:14 AM
Very well done. Only complaint I have is that #1 isn't a guzzsassination clip. Other than that, awesome job blayze!

HighLight
04-27-2013, 08:38 AM
Sick job blaze! Really well done.

Where's guzzie getting assassinated doe?

Maxdoggy
04-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Kaz, you beat me out for a clip, so it's okay. Lol.

Bl4yze, you did a HELL of a job! The intro was great as well! Just make sure to have the "F" and "C" capitalized in Forerunner Conflict.

Other than that, keep up the awesome work!!

Metkil5685
04-27-2013, 10:09 AM
After Effects for the motion tracking (clip intros), HDPVRCapture with my Cap card at top quality settings, Premiere for putting it all together, and Ableton Live for a few audio edits.

Always up for collaborating too!

I hear so many things about Premiere and I yet sit here using my old Vegas Pro 8.0. :S I should try it out. That and After Effects. As for collaborating, I'm always up to try things out. Just get in contact with me via PMs or Skype (best way). Looking forward to more of your projects! :D

silversleek
04-27-2013, 10:38 AM
it seems there were very few actual snapshots in guzzies snapshot galore. i counted two

xlxMETHANExlx
04-27-2013, 11:03 AM
How do i submit a clip

Asseroya
04-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Awesome, loved the greenscree-intro :D

JamiDJ
04-27-2013, 11:34 AM
it seems there were very few actual snapshots in guzzies snapshot galore. i counted two

i said the same thing ;)

Great work bl4ze. cant wait for the next round of FC Top 5! submit your clips!

Maxdoggy
04-27-2013, 11:51 AM
How do i submit a clip

Send Bl4yze a PM with the following format:

Gamertag:
Waypoint Link:
Description:

KazuhLLL
04-27-2013, 12:41 PM
i said the same thing ;)

Great work bl4ze. cant wait for the next round of FC Top 5! submit your clips!

New goal: make it into every FC Top 5.

Blackhawk570
04-27-2013, 12:50 PM
im glad u took over this great work.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
04-27-2013, 03:30 PM
wow Bl4yze, that was incredible. Keep it up I can't wait to see more of these. I'll dig for some of my better clips and try to submit them for the future.

WolfPack23
04-27-2013, 03:53 PM
-speechless-

bl4yze
04-27-2013, 06:27 PM
That's the general consensus. That intro sequence was my first test run of the motion tracking and was initially just a placeholder. People were getting antsy and so I felt rushed to get it out, and redoing that sequence with rendering would've delayed it more.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome, loved the greenscree-intro :D

Figured I had to use it some way or another :)

bl4yze
04-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Also if there are any BLUE members interested in being added to the judges, shoot me a PM!

Harry
04-27-2013, 06:40 PM
:o

Maxdoggy
04-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Also if there are any BLUE members interested in being added to the judges, shoot me a PM!

OcR Yehsus wants to be a judge. I believe he asked you in the submission thread.

If you need another judge, I'll throw my hat in there - but ask Yehsus first.