PDA

View Full Version : Should There Be Battles On Mother's Day?

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
04-30-2013, 12:00 AM
The title says it all. Your War Council is split on this decision and we want YOU the members of this community to vote on whether or not you will be able to attend battles if we run them on Mother's Day. We know that sometimes Holidays it can be difficult for the majority of members to attend. So please leave your vote to assist us in knowing if we should hold them or not.

For those of you that do not know, Mother's Day is on Sunday May 12th!!!

Lil Nawty Lucia
04-30-2013, 12:01 AM
<<<<<< Doesnt have a Mother, So I can make it just fine.

Zeta Crossfire
04-30-2013, 12:04 AM
I live in the dorms away from my family so I can make it easily.

VerbotenDonkey
04-30-2013, 12:05 AM
I'll be coming home on the weekend of the 12th but I should be able to make it.

JamiDJ
04-30-2013, 12:11 AM
sorry, this will be the one time i have to miss..

Harry
04-30-2013, 12:21 AM
I'm a momma's boy so...

maybeh

Anarchy
04-30-2013, 12:58 AM
Forcing my mother to eat an early dinner? Challenge accepted.

Silko
04-30-2013, 01:38 AM
Damn so I am going to miss 3 battles in a row. Missed this sunday for the Dodger game, going to miss for Cinco de Mayo and now mother's day -_-

bazongaman502
04-30-2013, 03:50 AM
We didn't do it last year or the year before. Don't see why we should change that.

It's another day about family (more directed to mothers)... would make sense to cancel battles for Fathers Day as well.

silversleek
04-30-2013, 05:46 AM
i don't really care about my mother, so go ahead with the battles.

bl4yze
04-30-2013, 06:08 AM
I'm a grown ass man, I've done 24 Mother's Days thus far, I'm sure breakfast, brunch and 5 hours hanging out should suffice.

Blackhawk570
04-30-2013, 07:52 AM
I think we've already cancelled enough battles for more important events. Plus mothers usually don't stay up late and like to do things early.

Anarchy
04-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Damn so I am going to miss 3 battles in a row. Missed this sunday for the Dodger game, going to miss for Cinco de Mayo and now mother's day -_-
This explains the REDD sweeps.

Deaf
04-30-2013, 11:54 AM
I can probably make it, but I feel they should be canceled anyway. We spend a lot of time playing with this community, there have to be at least a few breaks. We could use an extra practice week and have better battles the next week anyway. It's pretty selfish of those who don't have a close relationship with their mother not caring about others.

Guzzie
04-30-2013, 12:04 PM
I am the mother of Second Nature, so no.

Prof Blastoise
04-30-2013, 12:29 PM

xXReiBearXx
04-30-2013, 12:39 PM
I think depending on how many people state they will be attending sunday it should still happen. Although I already voted to yes on not playing sunday I see people posting and I think a great deal of members will prolly show up sunday...so I change my vote lol

Silko
04-30-2013, 12:41 PM

oh it's like that

For the record I was there for the first sweep

xXReiBearXx
04-30-2013, 12:41 PM

Silko is mexican? This explains a lot now xD

Dos Eggys
04-30-2013, 12:52 PM
I vote No. Days like Mother's Day are supposed to be spent with family, not on the 360. I can understand those who want the battle to go on because they don't live with their mothers anymore (They should still call them at least *cough* *cough*). I still live with my mother however and I won't spend Mother's Day on the 360.

xXReiBearXx
04-30-2013, 12:55 PM
I vote No. Days like Mother's Day are supposed to be spent with family, not on the 360. I can understand those who want the battle to go on because they don't live with their mothers anymore (They should still call them at least *cough* *cough*). I still live with my mother however and I won't spend Mother's Day on the 360.

That was the sweetest thing I ever read. You are too cute!

WolfPack23
04-30-2013, 01:09 PM
While I still live with my parents I don't really talk to them. I could make a battle night that night but I'd rather there not be one.

Lil Nawty Lucia
04-30-2013, 01:17 PM
To be Honest, I am just tired of skipping weeks. I want to get the War moving again, we been taking ever other week off. I say if you want to spend time with you family then Do it, but dont make the rest of us just sit there doing nothing on Sunday. I actually want FC to get back in that Groove before it becomes a habit of skipping battle nights.

RaZ Vader
04-30-2013, 01:50 PM
To be Honest, I am just tired of skipping weeks. I want to get the War moving again, we been taking ever other week off. I say if you want to spend time with you family then Do it, but dont make the rest of us just sit there doing nothing on Sunday. I actually want FC to get back in that Groove before it becomes a habit of skipping battle nights.

^Agreed

Relapsive
04-30-2013, 02:30 PM

Well spoken and i cant agree more.

riphelix
04-30-2013, 02:51 PM
I'd say I'm neutral about this. While I agree that we could use an extra practice week, I could still attend battle night if it's decided we have one. If you can't make it or simply don't want to to spend time with your mothers and families then so be it. Could we use your help in the battle? Of course. But that's your choice. I'll be spending some time with my mom just to get some semblance of a relationship that we haven't had since I was little, but I'll be showing up for the war.

Anarchy
04-30-2013, 02:57 PM
oh it's like that

For the record I was there for the first sweep

Well, you did get the BLUE Medal of Honor last war for helping us win such a close game.

Silko
04-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Well, you did get the BLUE Medal of Honor last war for helping us win such a close game.

I'm so awesome the other army wants to give me medals. Don't be jelly

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
04-30-2013, 06:07 PM
My mother is a big deal to me, so I won't be able to attend.

Then again work always has me so tied up I can barely make battles on a regular Sunday.

Deaf
04-30-2013, 08:18 PM
I am the mother of Second Nature, so no.

That's not right. That makes me the father. This way the kids always have to see daddy beating their mom. The chillens will get scared. MD, you were an accident.

Prof Blastoise
04-30-2013, 08:20 PM
That's not right. That makes me the father. This way the kids always have to see daddy beating their mom. The chillens will get scared. MD, you were an accident.
Guzzie needs to die along with silko. #cleanupREDD2013

Silko
04-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Guzzie needs to die along with silko. #cleanupREDD2013

#omgwhothehellcares

Zeta Crossfire
05-01-2013, 01:17 AM
So it's 30/20 right now so anyone made a decision yet? It sucks people won't be here but I'd rather not skip a week.

Deaf
05-01-2013, 01:53 AM
#omgwhothehellcares

Shut up Silko. And Zeta, if you didn't notice, the entire Blue high command appears to not be able to make it. How's that going to work?

V3N0M_SIERRA
05-01-2013, 02:02 AM
we count it as a win for red where blu decides to take a strategic retreat leaving entire planets bare of defenses

Silko
05-01-2013, 02:35 AM
we count it as a win for red where blu decides to take a strategic retreat leaving entire planets bare of defenses

Works for me and Deaf, bite me.

Deaf
05-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Damn it Silko.

Prof Blastoise
05-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Damn it Silko.

Join the cause, brother. #cleanupredd2013

Zeta Crossfire
05-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Shut up Silko. And Zeta, if you didn't notice, the entire Blue high command appears to not be able to make it. How's that going to work?

There are others who could fill in. Are we also going to take a break for Cinco de Mayo? Pentacost? Fathers Day? Even though we haven't taken many Sundays off I'd rater not make it a habit.

SuRroundeD By 1
05-01-2013, 03:19 PM
I wont make it, but that's because of work . . . so . . . I don't really apply . . .

xxXENOPIRATExx
05-01-2013, 03:57 PM
i can make it. the last time i saw my mom was on reach, and you know how that went. :p

riphelix
05-01-2013, 04:01 PM
i can make it. the last time i saw my mom was on reach, and you know how that went. :p

Clever. I like it :) haha

Nicholas Sapien
05-02-2013, 02:18 AM
Guys, come on
Look at the people that said no
There are a lot of key people there that without them make battlenights...less than desirable.

RaZ Vader
05-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Mock battles or battle skirmish between armies? I hate to abandon the people that can make it.

Maxdoggy
05-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Skirmishes that decide Aux battles?

Nicholas Sapien
05-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Skirmishes that decide Aux battles?

I don't like that idea.

RaZ Vader
05-02-2013, 10:55 AM
I don't like that idea.

I do.

bazongaman502
05-02-2013, 11:05 AM
There are others who could fill in. Are we also going to take a break for Cinco de Mayo? Pentacost? Fathers Day? Even though we haven't taken many Sundays off I'd rater not make it a habit.

We have canceled battles for Fathers and Mothers day for the past 2 years.

25 people can't make it. That is alot of people. Battles will be stalled a little longer because there will be less teams, which could/would result in games not being able to proceed very far because they have to wait for a game to end to send them to battles.

But also think about the people that don't check the website. They still have a vote, they can't be ignored because they don't check the website. We need to know their votes as well.

I say if it comes up where 30+ votes go in for people who can't make battles, the battles should be canceled. That is even if there are more votes to have battles still. That's alot of people missing from battles. If it were like 10 people that couldn't make it, then the battles should continue. But not when its up near the 30's, let alone when an entire Armies leaders will not be there because of this occasion.

I still think we should postpone it a week.

RaZ Vader
05-02-2013, 11:11 AM
That's why I like the AUX battles. Depending on how many people show will depend on the amount of games played. They can be AUX battles. Main battles will not go into effect until the following week.

I like maxdoggys idea. That way the people that can make it... Will still get to play.

Deaf
05-02-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm a big fan of Raz's idea. Not many people like the randomness that factors into the auxillary battles anyway, this way, if just for a week, we can decide it on the battlefield and postpone the real battle for a week.

bazongaman502
05-02-2013, 11:18 AM
What would exactly be different from an aux battle and a normal battle. It's still 2 maps being played, but with limited soldiers? No matter what the results will be the same (one army loses a map while the other gains one)... there really is no difference except attendance. You are basically still doing a normal battle night anyways.

Fuzzy
05-02-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm a big fan of Raz's idea. Not many people like the randomness that factors into the auxillary battles anyway, this way, if just for a week, we can decide it on the battlefield and postpone the real battle for a week.

No, just no.

Auxiliary battles are almost more important than the primary battles in today's rules of engagements, we would have to play on the actual maps that the auxiliary battles are being fought on which gives people very little notice.

That would also be messing with the system and a huge hindrance for BLUE as they had a 95% chance of winning their auxiliary battle but if you were to play on the map they would lose all there budget they spent on that auxiliary and have it be decided by a battle...

I am the Field Marshal of the army that would be getting a significant advantage in that idea and I am STILL highly against it. BLUE's auxiliary was on Guardian and they have a 95% of winning it, almost an instant win yet if we were to play on that map it would be favoured for REDD as we just played that map last week and REDD won it by a lot. I am not going to agree on something that breaks the system and fucks over the opposing army.

RaZ Vader
05-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Let's give the people a battle that means something than. I guess playing the aux battles would break the system. But ~40+ people should play something that means something.

Gargoyle
05-02-2013, 12:11 PM
I think we should just keep the battles going. We understand some people might not be able to make it. However, the poll shows that the majority can/will show up. And you know there's even more people that haven't voted.

We've delayed too many weeks in this war anyway, we need to consistently get this ball rolling.

Zeta Crossfire
05-02-2013, 12:22 PM
It sucks not everyone can attend but those are the breaks. Lets just field everyone who can show up, not everyone can make it every week.

VerbotenDonkey
05-02-2013, 12:29 PM
That would also be messing with the system and a huge hindrance for BLUE as they had a 95% chance of winning their auxiliary battle but if you were to play on the map they would lose all there budget they spent on that auxiliary and have it be decided by a battle...

I agree with what you're saying, but you do realize that this doesn't affect this weeks battles, right? xD This is for next weeks battles. But I do agree that since Aux battles are left to chance, they shouldn't not be played on.

I say we still do the battles, and if we don't get enough people then we just break it down into Customs or other Events. But we used to do battles with way less people than are even posting that they can show up, I think we'll be fine. People don't realize that we used to only get ~40 people on a GOOD day in FC years back haha. And I've talked to several people who are discouraged because of how many days we take off, it just doesn't feel like an active War when there are so many holes in the days between battles.

bazongaman502
05-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Have a weekend where it actually means something? Have that Sunday where it is a custom game night where both armies wager their army credits. That brings a new twist and something we can do every weekend that we chose to postpone the battles. That way no one is missing something that involves a family holiday. It's a win-win for everyone and a chance to do something different.

Maxdoggy
05-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Ideas are now stewing in the WC forums, ladies and gents. Hopefully we can figure out what will be going on by this weekend so y'all can notify your mothers on our plans. :P

KazuhLLL
05-02-2013, 01:27 PM
We shouldn't think about the poll in the raw numbers: 25 people can't make it? Well that's not too bad, we should keep going.

Think about it in percentages. If we view this vote as being generally representative of the FC population (including non-forum browsers) then 25/61 voters voting against it is about ~41% of the population. Trying to host battles with that great a drop in attendance is going to be as Phoenix said: stressful. Even those voting to keep the battles will start complaining again when the wait times are 20-30 minutes between each match.

EDIT: I'll also point out that there's a few more BLUEs voting against it and slightly more REDDs voting for it. Not too significantly in either way, but REDD would probably end up with 1 or 2 more squads than BLUE. You might say, "That's BLUE's own damn fault. Sucks for them!"

To that, I should also point out that of the BLUEs voting to cancel it, not a single one has been a member of Legacy or Sparta. We've had complaints about over-playing "stacked" squads in the past, and I would prefer not to see any more of that talk in the future. :P

Deaf
05-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Kazuhll is right about looking at it as though it is the representative of the entire population. I for one don't want to play a battle where Blue only can field 1/4 of REDD. Also on Kazuhll's thought, I don't want to play an understrength army. I like playing teams at their very best. And Zeta, you're being incredibly rude.

bazongaman502
05-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Idk if BLUE has it, but REDD has a medal that it represents "Showing up every Sunday of an entire war"... Having a battle on Mothers day is basically telling those who are trying to get that medal "either get on the xbox and ignore mothers day so you can earn a fake medal" or "Go spend time with your mother and family but lose your chance of getting that medal"... its like you box people in positions they dont want to be in. Sure the medal is fake, but it shows dedication. You can't put family on hold just to play a video game... thats fucked up if you do do that. Unless you literally can't do it, then its understandable.

RaZ Vader
05-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Kazuhll is right about looking at it as though it is the representative of the entire population. I for one don't want to play a battle where Blue only can field 1/4 of REDD. Also on Kazuhll's thought, I don't want to play an understrength army. I like playing teams at their very best. And Zeta, you're being incredibly rude.

What he say? Anyway... Just wait and see.

KazuhLLL
05-02-2013, 04:21 PM
What he say? Anyway... Just wait and see.

We shouldn't think about the poll in the raw numbers: 25 people can't make it? Well that's not too bad, we should keep going.

Think about it in percentages. If we view this vote as being generally representative of the FC population (including non-forum browsers) then 25/61 voters voting against it is about ~41% of the population. Trying to host battles with that great a drop in attendance is going to be as Phoenix said: stressful. Even those voting to keep the battles will start complaining again when the wait times are 20-30 minutes between each match.

EDIT: I'll also point out that there's a few more BLUEs voting against it and slightly more REDDs voting for it. Not too significantly in either way, but REDD would probably end up with 1 or 2 more squads than BLUE. You might say, "That's BLUE's own damn fault. Sucks for them!"

To that, I should also point out that of the BLUEs voting to cancel it, not a single one has been a member of Legacy or Sparta. We've had complaints about over-playing "stacked" squads in the past, and I would prefer not to see any more of that talk in the future. :P

:turtle:

Zeta Crossfire
05-02-2013, 07:19 PM
And Zeta, you're being incredibly rude.

I'm being rude because I want to play to participate in battles? The whole reason I am even a part of this community is the battles and I, personally, don't consider mothers day a reason to take the day off battles. My mother knows I love her, I visit her often and I don't need a day to tell me when to appreciate her.

In my opinion, under no circumstances, we should cancel a battle night. Even if only 40 people show up I feel that is enough of a reason to hold a battle night. I will still be against the war councils decision to cancel the battle night on Easter and I will forever be against canceling battle nights. The only time I will personally be ok with canceling a battle night is if an army does not show up and has to forfeit the night.

Can I make it to every battle night? No, I'll eventually have obligations that will make me miss a night but that doesn't mean the battles should cease.

xXReiBearXx
05-02-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm being rude because I want to play to participate in battles? The whole reason I am even a part of this community is the battles and I, personally, don't consider mothers day a reason to take the day off battles. My mother knows I love her, I visit her often and I don't need a day to tell me when to appreciate her.

In my opinion, under no circumstances, we should cancel a battle night. Even if only 40 people show up I feel that is enough of a reason to hold a battle night. I will still be against the war councils decision to cancel the battle night on Easter and I will forever be against canceling battle nights. The only time I will personally be ok with canceling a battle night is if an army does not show up and has to forfeit the night.

Can I make it to every battle night? No, I'll eventually have obligations that will make me miss a night but that doesn't mean the battles should cease.

I agree

Silko
05-02-2013, 07:43 PM

You do realize that having so little people there 1) slows the battles to a crawl 2) gives inaccurate results. To not cancel on Easter would be a foolish thing to do. Now then if we ignore the religion part of it (Not very religious btw) and just look at stats about 70% of the US are Christian and about 75% of Canadians are Christian. The majority of our members are American and Canadian. Meaning that there is a high chance that a large amount our members would miss out on the battles. I have been to battles with less then 40 people for both armies, trust me it is NOT fun.

Edit: After looking the poll you can see that a large amount of members are for this cancellation. Are they in the minority? Yes. However if the minority has enough of a driving force behind it and is large enough, there should still be actions taken to accommodate said minorities.

Nicholas Sapien
05-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Exactly^

We have also cancelled them on other mother's days in the past 2 years so why is this different?
same with father's day

Deaf
05-02-2013, 09:04 PM

No, you are being rude in your attitude of "An entire army can't make it? Well, sucks to be them."

One person missing a battle isn't reason to stop. An entire army missing it is a very bad thing. Halo is a game. We have always stressed that someone's personal life comes first. You served under me for a while, I had hoped you learned that. This community is a wonderful thing and I've made some good friends on here (other than those jerks MD, Guzzie, and Silko), but we cannot neglect our other responsibilities. Major holidays are more important than battles. I think having a hobby which you can participate in 340 days a year is pretty damn good. Maybe its not smart to complain about missing two? And weren't you the one who gave us an ultimatum about how you'd leave if we had BR starts and you couldn't use your loadouts last week? I feel you keep making mountains out of molehills.

And as you heard from Kazuhll, it appears Legacy and Sparta are fine for the battle whereas the majority of other teams in Blue are not. If it were just our 3 best teams or so showing up, that would be okay, but it appears it will be most of Redd army. Can you imagine the wait times if REDD has 12 teams waiting to play 2-3 Blue teams? Not only that, but it unfairly skews the battle. It would be like VBD and Vanquish playing every Blue team in a week. Not exactly fair. The battles have to be cancelled in order to preserve their integrity.

You want something to play for? Do Garg's idea of wagering army credits on customs or swat or grifball. Hell, if you don't like that, we're always willing to scrim you. But as for the real battles, Silko is absolutely right. I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to realize that this battle cannot go on. Zeta, you're awesome, but just think outside of your own concerns and consider what's best for REDD and for FC, and you'll see that I'm right.

THExSPIDERMAN
05-02-2013, 09:11 PM
I can no longer make it. I want to change my vote.

Lil Nawty Lucia
05-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Can you imagine the wait times if REDD has 12 teams waiting to play 2-3 Blue teams?

2-3 teams Where are you guys getting the Idea that there will be almost no Blues able to play? CyberDyne, Legacy, and Sparta each, could field 2-3 teams. I bet blue would have a good 9-11 teams next Sunday. And going by that I dont see any need to cancel the Battle night.

Silko
05-02-2013, 09:42 PM
I bet blue would have a good 9-11 teams next Sunday. And going by that I dont see any need to cancel the Battle night.

Doubt it. This week was a good turn out for Blue. If we remove all squads that don't make up Cyber, Sparta and Legacy you have a total 6 squads looking at last week. I am calling this a good turn out looking at past battles

Zeta Crossfire
05-03-2013, 02:41 AM
No, you are being rude in your attitude of "An entire army can't make it? Well, sucks to be them."

One person missing a battle isn't reason to stop. An entire army missing it is a very bad thing. Halo is a game. We have always stressed that someone's personal life comes first. You served under me for a while, I had hoped you learned that. This community is a wonderful thing and I've made some good friends on here (other than those jerks MD, Guzzie, and Silko), but we cannot neglect our other responsibilities. Major holidays are more important than battles. I think having a hobby which you can participate in 340 days a year is pretty damn good. Maybe its not smart to complain about missing two? And weren't you the one who gave us an ultimatum about how you'd leave if we had BR starts and you couldn't use your loadouts last week? I feel you keep making mountains out of molehills.

And as you heard from Kazuhll, it appears Legacy and Sparta are fine for the battle whereas the majority of other teams in Blue are not. If it were just our 3 best teams or so showing up, that would be okay, but it appears it will be most of Redd army. Can you imagine the wait times if REDD has 12 teams waiting to play 2-3 Blue teams? Not only that, but it unfairly skews the battle. It would be like VBD and Vanquish playing every Blue team in a week. Not exactly fair. The battles have to be cancelled in order to preserve their integrity.

You want something to play for? Do Garg's idea of wagering army credits on customs or swat or grifball. Hell, if you don't like that, we're always willing to scrim you. But as for the real battles, Silko is absolutely right. I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to realize that this battle cannot go on. Zeta, you're awesome, but just think outside of your own concerns and consider what's best for REDD and for FC, and you'll see that I'm right.

We say mothers day is a major US holiday, but in my opinion, it really isn't. In my personal view I don't consider mothers day, or fathers day or that matter, a big enough holiday to cancel.

I'll stick by that. I personally dislike BR starts with a passion. I don't like the Halo 4 BR and if they ever came around I would eventually leave the community. It isn't anything against AGL or anything like that but I do not like the weapon compared to past games as I don't have fun while using the BR in halo 4. Why would I continue to do something I dislike? I've given the Halo 4 BR many chances, just don't like it so no I am not making a mountain out of a mole hill and I will forever stick by that statement.

Ok I can buy that argument, but fathers day is next month are we going to stop for that as well? I really, really, really dislike that we are skipping 1 battle night a month for four straight months. (granted one of those days was because of LIVE issues. It just doesn't set a good precedent and sure after June there won't be days off but skipping these days makes me feel like I'm putting a lot of work into this community and not getting the final pay off that is the battles.

I'm not sure if you know this about me but I work with a political candidate in Oregon and my whole job description is putting me 2nd. I like the work, I really do but I'm slowly starting to realize that I need to start thinking about myself more when it comes to my free time and these battles are one thing I really enjoy. I've put a ton of work into this community over the past few months and for the past 2 months we've taken 2 battle nights off, and now we are about to take another 2 off. I don't want any more breaks. I'm frustrated that we've already had 2 and I feel like I'm putting all this working into the community for little. I don't want any more issues between me and what I have deemed an important part of my time. This is most likely because I'm still only 4 months into this community but right off the bat into my first war taking this much time of is very discouraging.

I'm not stating facts, everything I'm saying is in my opinion and shouldn't be taken as gossip. I have no vote in what we do but that doesn't mean I won't have my voice heard in the discussion. My vote has been caste. I don't have anything more to add to this thread. If you want to talk about what I said PM me.

KazuhLLL
05-03-2013, 02:49 AM
I'll stick by that. I personally dislike BR starts with a passion. I don't like the Halo 4 BR and if they ever came around I would eventually leave the community. It isn't anything against AGL or anything like that but I do not like the weapon compared to past games as I don't have fun while using the BR in halo 4. Why would I continue to do something I dislike? I've given the Halo 4 BR many chances, just don't like it so no I am not making a mountain out of a mole hill and I will forever stick by that statement.
Off topic, but the upcoming 4-shot BR is supposed to feel fantastic :)

Anyway, no need to argue til we're blue (or REDD ;)) in the face. The WC is brainstorming and we'll do our best to make as many people happy as possible. Just keep on keeping it clean, everyone.

UnfoldedFreedom
05-03-2013, 04:25 AM
TL DR the forum so i don't know if this idea has been put out . why don't we have like an allstars or somthing where , we have the two FM of both army pick the people they want on their team or somthing , and than the winning team roster get a 1000 or somthing vcash and maybe the top 10 get extra or somthing?

i think it be nice , have both armies get to know each other ease the tension , and with vcash as rewards it will mean somthing,

bl4yze
05-03-2013, 04:44 AM
TL DR the forum so i don't know if this idea has been put out . why don't we have like an allstars or somthing where , we have the two FM of both army pick the people they want on their team or somthing , and than the winning team roster get a 1000 or somthing vcash and maybe the top 10 get extra or somthing?

i think it be nice , have both armies get to know each other ease the tension , and with vcash as rewards it will mean somthing,

I like this idea. It'd be fun to have a chance to play with other squads in a setting where a map isn't on the line. It would also be fun to mix the armies up a bit and have like an EAST vs WEST series.

Back to the topic at hand, I think I'd like to change my vote to not hold battles if the armies will be scarce. Perhaps we could do some intra-army mock battles on whatever maps are being played.

The more I think about this the more appealing it is. If people will be gone, instead of just cancelling the night and each army go about their own sunday night activities, we could hold an event with a lighthearted mood.

There has been a lot of back-and-forth between both armies as of late, and this would be a good way to kind of.. bring the peace, so to speak. We could hold a few events such as an "Allstar game" like Corbin suggested, or do some semi "competitive" mini games (i.e. not FFA games, but mini games with a 'goal'), or do an intra army battle (Purple vs Yellow?), and have the prizes either be vcash, signatures that the losers have to have on the forums for a week, or something along those lines.

Regardless of if this is implemented instead of battles on Mother's day, I think these would be fun any week.

Nicholas Sapien
05-03-2013, 09:50 AM

Don't worry you'll see what we come up with :)

Al Capone111
05-03-2013, 11:43 AM
You know, we keep cancelling battles for every little holiday. If we keep doing this we are going to have a repeat of the "War That Never Ends" a few years ago. Mothers day is NOT a major US/religious holiday, as in businesses are not closed, there isn't major changes in our day to day activities. If people can't make it, oh well. The show must go on.

bazongaman502
05-03-2013, 12:05 PM

ummm, that was my idea:

Have a weekend where it actually means something? Have that Sunday where it is a custom game night where both armies wager their army credits. That brings a new twist and something we can do every weekend that we chose to postpone the battles. That way no one is missing something that involves a family holiday. It's a win-win for everyone and a chance to do something different.

riphelix
05-03-2013, 12:33 PM
If people will be gone, instead of just cancelling the night and each army go about their own sunday night activities, we could hold an event with a lighthearted mood.

BWG Assassin
05-08-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm pretty sure I could make it, so I'm fine with that

Silko
05-08-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm pretty sure I could make it, so I'm fine with that

Battles have already been cancelled

OurNewProgress
05-08-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm probably not going to be able to make it Sunday. Besides the fact that its mothers day, its also my birthday. I plan to be drunk that night.

bazongaman502
05-09-2013, 12:01 AM
I'm probably not going to be able to make it Sunday. Besides the fact that its mothers day, its also my birthday. I plan to be drunk that night.

Its canceled, no worries

Nicholas Sapien
05-09-2013, 03:12 PM

should invite me for a drink mate

Breezy
06-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Nah not really

Dos Eggys
06-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Dude, this is a month old and not relevant anymore.

W3z4b1
06-03-2013, 11:14 PM
*Facepalm*

Blackhawk570
06-03-2013, 11:15 PM
I agree we should not have battles on Mother's Day

riphelix
06-03-2013, 11:59 PM
We're doing this for Father's Day too, correct?