PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Tuning Will NOT Automatically Affect Custom Games

Dos Eggys
05-02-2013, 02:04 AM
According to this Halo Bulletin: http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/03/28/The-Halo-Bulletin-32813.aspx, the weapon tuning will not automatically change weapon settings in custom gametypes. Instead, the gametypes will have to be downloaded from Matchmaking to in order for custom games to use the new weapon tuning.

Since this community is reliant on custom games and I know many members are excited for the weapon tweaks, I find it imperative that once these tweaks are released, that the gametypes are snagged from Matchmaking and tweaked to fit our custom gametypes.

Obviously, this will affect the entire community and it should be insured that everyone has access to these new gametypes.

Thoughts?

Jam Cliché
05-02-2013, 02:06 AM
Wow, 343. Really? You can't make a TU?

Dos Eggys
05-02-2013, 02:06 AM
It will be a TU, but it only affects Matchmaking.

Lil Nawty Lucia
05-02-2013, 02:07 AM
Maybe they want you to be able to Choose. Jam

Nicholas Sapien
05-02-2013, 02:09 AM
wow thats more work for someone-_-
*looks at Myth*

Dos Eggys
05-02-2013, 02:13 AM
wow thats more work for someone-_-
*looks at Myth*

I could volunteer my services to make updated gametypes but I'd need a list of every gametype we play as well as members to go out into Matchmaking to fetch the appropriate gametypes so I could adjust them to FC standards.

I'd be willing to spend the hours necessary to do this and I am open to peer review to ensure no mistakes were made in the process of converting these gametypes.

Nicholas Sapien
05-02-2013, 02:14 AM
I could volunteer my services to make updated gametypes but I'd need a list of every gametype we play as well as members to go out into Matchmaking to fetch the appropriate gametypes so I could adjust them to FC standards.

I'd be willing to spend the hours necessary to do this and I am open to peer review to ensure no mistakes were made in the process of converting these gametypes.

Still got to talk to Myth about it, thats his department.

Dos Eggys
05-02-2013, 02:15 AM
Still got to talk to Myth about it, thats his department.

I'll send him a PM to let him know I volunteer for this.

Jam Cliché
05-02-2013, 02:18 AM

We would just need one TU'd version of each main gametype.

Dos Eggys
05-02-2013, 02:24 AM
We would just need one TU'd version of each main gametype.

I know, but theoretically (if I do undertake this task), I'd like some members of the community to to spread out among Matchmaking and snag each gametype so I don't have to play a match of each gametype by myself.

This would also help with getting the gametypes I need quickly.

KazuhLLL
05-02-2013, 02:27 AM

I imagine they'll throw this into their next one. The whole point of adding the capability of "behind the scenes" weapon tuning in the last TU was so they could change things in the sandbox as often as needed without waiting for another TU to come around.

Also since this isn't a TU I figured we'd have to re-make our gametypes. Thanks for giving the heads-up though, Urias.

bl4yze
05-02-2013, 02:33 AM
I know, but theoretically (if I do undertake this task), I'd like some members of the community to to spread out among Matchmaking and snag each gametype so I don't have to play a match of each gametype by myself.

This would also help with getting the gametypes I need quickly.

More than willing to help out with this.

Dos Eggys
05-02-2013, 02:36 AM
More than willing to help out with this.

If I am given the go-ahead by Mythonian and once the TU release date is given, I'll organize an event for this. I would love your help with getting gametypes from Matchmaking.

KazuhLLL
05-02-2013, 02:54 AM
If I am given the go-ahead by Mythonian and once the TU release date is given, I'll organize an event for this. I would love your help with getting gametypes from Matchmaking.

Given enough people, we could all just do 1-2 gametypes and then maybe just have Myth check them at the end. I'd be willing to update some. Myth does enough work as it is :panda:

Dos Eggys
05-02-2013, 02:59 AM
Also since this isn't a TU I figured we'd have to re-make our gametypes. Thanks for giving the heads-up though, Urias.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was a little confused about that.

Given enough people, we could all just do 1-2 gametypes and then maybe just have Myth check them at the end. I'd be willing to update some. Myth does enough work as it is :panda:

I like your idea.

Nicholas Sapien
05-02-2013, 05:57 AM
Myth does enough work as it is :panda:

lol I know

http://images.lazygamer.net/2013/02/SadRobot.png

Myth appreciation day anyone?

Mythonian
05-02-2013, 06:53 AM
lol

For the record, even the TU that nerfed the boltshot did not affect custom games and I needed to get all new gametypes.

Thanks for offering to help everyone, but actually it only takes like 2-3 minutes to setup a gametype now (if you have the settings memorized like I do, lol), and going from regular to Heavy gametypes takes maybe a minute each, so it's not quite as bad as it was back in Reach.

At the very least, if people can get me the gametypes from matchmaking it'd be appreciated, because this part actually takes the longest (spent like 3 hours trying to get all of them last time).

Nicholas Sapien
05-02-2013, 07:16 AM
lol

For the record, even the TU that nerfed the boltshot did not affect custom games and I needed to get all new gametypes.

Thanks for offering to help everyone, but actually it only takes like 2-3 minutes to setup a gametype now (if you have the settings memorized like I do, lol), and going from regular to Heavy gametypes takes maybe a minute each, so it's not quite as bad as it was back in Reach.

At the very least, if people can get me the gametypes from matchmaking it'd be appreciated, because this part actually takes the longest (spent like 3 hours trying to get all of them last time).

They can help you with that today Myth, you have your forge meeting today.

Deaf
05-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Myth, Second Nature will get you all the gametypes you need. I'm sure we'll be able to get them all the day they come out. I think it's June 3rd when it does. Do you just need one of every gametype we play?

Mythonian
05-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Myth, Second Nature will get you all the gametypes you need. I'm sure we'll be able to get them all the day they come out. I think it's June 3rd when it does. Do you just need one of every gametype we play?

I will need:

Slayer
CTF
King of the Hill
Dominion
Extraction
Regicide
Oddball

Dos Eggys
05-02-2013, 12:47 PM
I didn't know it was that easy for you Myth haha.

Silko
05-02-2013, 12:51 PM
I didn't know it was that easy for you Myth haha.

He is a robot. If he can't do something in like 1-3 mins he finds a way to correct it

KazuhLLL
05-02-2013, 01:15 PM
I will need:

Slayer
CTF
King of the Hill
Dominion
Extraction
Regicide
Oddball

Extraction will probably be the hardest of those to get.

bl4yze
05-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Extraction will probably be the hardest of those to get.

3 games in Throwdown you're basically guaranteed a Dispatch/Haven Extraction. 1 plot may I add ;)