PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Headset Help

riphelix
05-02-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm looking for a new headset. I'm still using the one from the original xbox when live first came out..

Soo, just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a decent headset with good in-game sound. Something cheap too preferrably because being poor just sucks.

Unless someone has an extra they wouldn't mind parting with that we could work out some sort of trade or some such deal...? No? Damn..

Zeta Crossfire
05-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Cheap? The Tritton triggers are pretty good, and usually only around 50

GhostHammer
05-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Cheap? The Tritton triggers are pretty good, and usually only around 50

This.

I wont the Halo 4 pair at the midnight release at my local EB Games. AMAZING sound quality and comfort for the cost of them. Really good buy and I'd easily buy another pair should these ones ever fail (Haven't yet.)

riphelix
05-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Right on. Thanks guys, I'll definitely look into them :)

Only problem is I've got a whole $25 to my name at the moment haha so I'm going to be saving it for sure.

Relapsive
05-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Astro's enough said.

Juggernaut9473
05-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Astro's enough said.

the boy dont have the money for that...i use my tritton primers, cost me about $110 and they are wireless from the console they just have to be connected to the controller, and they have really good sound quality

Relapsive
05-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Well once you use astros you never go back.

Harry
05-04-2013, 03:38 PM
:0

bazongaman502
05-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Well im looking to sell my old pair of X11 Turtle Beaches... looking for a good price to sell them at. However, there is a cord that is breaking, but i found a link to the wire that you can get that will replace it for cheap.

If you are interested, let me know and we might be able to work out a deal. My brother in law was looking at them and thinking of buying them, but i havent heard anything from him sense

riphelix
05-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the the help guys! Really appreciate it.
I ended up finded a good pair of used Turtle Beach x11s at a local game shop for like 15 bucks and theyre in great condition and work great. Only problem is now I need to get the A/V adapter for my xbox so I can use them on my tv instead of my sister's tv which is 1/4 the size of mine haha hers has a jack for headphones, mine doesnt.

But anyways, thanks again. I will still definitely be looking into Trittons and Astros and saving for those :D

Blackhawk570
05-11-2013, 12:52 PM
I have the X11s and you shouldn't need to hook up your turtles to the tv. There should be a USB adapter with a green cord that you connect to your headset

KazuhLLL
05-11-2013, 01:11 PM
I have the X11s and you shouldn't need to hook up your turtles to the tv. There should be a USB adapter with a green cord that you connect to your headset

To use the X11's you have to connect one cord from the volume control to the Xbox controller, the USB to the Xbox (or TV), and the green cord the the headphone jack on your TV. Unless I've been doing it wrong this whole time.

riphelix
05-11-2013, 02:11 PM

The only USB that came with mine is connected to the headset for power.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/bonanzleimages/afu/images/8439/0317/_t2ec16f__y8e9s2fjfn3brbd ndrtn___60_3.jpg

They came with this cord, only the white piece is missing the connector in the back, the red one still has it though. So when I plug those in I only get sound in one side. My tv doesn't have a headphone jack (which I need for the other half of the green cord that is comes from the headset) so I've been using my sisters. If I had the a/v adapter that connects to the xbox I could use the cable in the picture. Unless I have everything set up weird? But it works. I could post a picture of how I have it set up if that would help.