PDA

View Full Version : Halo 1, 2, and 3 possible getting a steam release

Zeta Crossfire
05-14-2013, 12:01 PM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/04/news-is-halo-3-coming-to-steam
Please? PLEASE? I'm more excited about 2 getting re-released (even if it is Halo 2 vista) I'd buy them all especially if they had steam support.

(also we need just a HALO section on the forums)

bazongaman502
05-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Id be rather shocked if this happened. But could it? Sure.

I still prefer the Xbox compared to PC.

We also might be hearing from 343i at E3 talking about a Halo 2 Anniversary Edition coming out to the 360 and next-gen.

riphelix
05-14-2013, 12:41 PM
We also might be hearing from 343i at E3 talking about a Halo 2 Anniversary Edition coming out to the 360 and next-gen.

I could die a happy man if this happened. Halo 2 was my favorite.

Blackhawk570
05-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Dont see how u could prefer 360 over the PC when u can use an xbox 360 controller for the PC and have higher graphical settings.

bazongaman502
05-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Dont see how u could prefer 360 over the PC when u can use an xbox 360 controller for the PC and have higher graphical settings.

Frame rate issues, computer freezes, hacks, ect.

Graphics mean nothing if the game still has those issues

JonOU812
05-14-2013, 01:22 PM
As long as I get to play Halo, I don't give a damn

Dos Eggys
05-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Hm, I hope that Halo 3 won't just be some terrible port. Also, they are really behind on bringing it to the PC if the rumor is true.

riphelix
05-14-2013, 02:05 PM

Agreed.

As long as I get to play Halo, I don't give a damn

Haha also agreed.

Silko
05-14-2013, 03:13 PM

Zonga you can still have those issues on a xbox. But on a PC you get a lot more. You get custom made maps, guns, skins etc. Lets face it, FPS have much more free form on a PC because of the moding communities. Plus you are using servers instead of a host based system, which generally plays much smoother. Some of my most fun games have come from the custom maps in Halo CE, such as huge ass and other maps with awesome aerial combat. Fighter jets in Halo 1? That is a formula for awesome

bazongaman502
05-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Im not saying PC sucks... it has its strengths and its weaknesses (so does the Xbox, ik).

Almost every Multiplayer Online game iv been in on PC, it has had hackers like crazy. Most Companies don't even bother trying to stop them but will try to stop them when it happens on the xbox

I prefer an Xbox over a PC.

Platinum
05-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Halo on Steam!? HERESY jk

I can see it happening, due to the poor sales of the 360 in the past few months. It would also be a good way to get some PC users to buy Xbox for the Halos. Well played.

Zeta Crossfire
05-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Games like Age of Empires are on steam but also run GFWL. People won't use GFWL because of the bad press, but what if it was sold through steam? And had steamworks? It's a brilliant move to get people to move to the GFWL ecosystem. GFWL just needs to be better to keep those people.

Sicarioano
05-14-2013, 07:51 PM
It's pretty bad when they realize that their new games suck so bad they have to revert to re-making the classics.

AUSTINWOOOOOO
05-14-2013, 09:14 PM

I don't care about graphics, and my xbox all ready has a controller.

OurNewProgress
05-15-2013, 03:38 AM
I could die a happy man if this happened. Halo 2 was my favorite.

Now see, I find this to be a really interesting point of conversation. Thousands of people will swear by the fact the Halo 2 was the best game in the series, and yet, its multiplayer was by far the most broken in the series. Furthermore, its campaign was arguably the weakest in the series. People swear by Halo 2. I don't get it.

bl4yze
05-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Im not saying PC sucks... it has its strengths and its weaknesses (so does the Xbox, ik).

Almost every Multiplayer Online game iv been in on PC, it has had hackers like crazy. Most Companies don't even bother trying to stop them but will try to stop them when it happens on the xbox

I prefer an Xbox over a PC.

Most companies do try to counter hackers. The userbase on PC is just far greater than consoles to the point where on console, hackers get diluted because it's a far greater ordeal to mod consoles to enable hacks. VAC (Valve Anti Cheat), Punkbuster, etc are all anti-cheats for PC and are constantly updated, at least in their hay day. I'm a diehard console player, but when you see the modding community and how much more expansion you can get for FREE from PC gaming there is absolutely no argument that can counter that in favor of console gaming. Console gaming, you get what you buy. PC Gaming you get what you buy, and then an infinite expansion of community creativity, and consistent updates and addons.

- - - Updated - - -

Now see, I find this to be a really interesting point of conversation. Thousands of people will swear by the fact the Halo 2 was the best game in the series, and yet, its multiplayer was by far the most broken in the series. Furthermore, its campaign was arguably the weakest in the series. People swear by Halo 2. I don't get it.

Nostalgia mostly. It was also the "purest" of Halos as far as being solely an Arena shooter, with a learning curve that separated the players that put effort into learning the ins and outs, vs those that casually picked it up.

riphelix
05-15-2013, 01:15 PM

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure why either. I wouldn't swear it was the best Halo game by any means. Just that it was my favorite. I think that's just because I never really over played it like I have with the other Halos. But I like that the campaign took you into two different sides of the war. With the other games, apart from ODST and Reach, it's always been solely thru the Chief's perspective. I don't really know...

Zeta Crossfire
05-15-2013, 01:37 PM
i still play Halo 2 Vista to this day and the game just works and it works well. I just love the large scale combat and everything felt like it had a place. I want a Xbox remake because I hate that vista still doesn't have many people.

Halo 2 is one of the few games I know that still holds up for me, halo 1 barely does for me anymore.

riphelix
05-15-2013, 02:22 PM
I want a Xbox remake because I hate that vista still doesn't have many people.

I've read that the multiplayer servers are getting shut down next month :(

Zeta Crossfire
05-15-2013, 02:33 PM
I've read that the multiplayer servers are getting shut down next month :(

Yeah and it sucks. Since they were supposed to be shut down last winter but extend we've finally gotten more people online. Even today I just don't get tired of that multiplayer.