PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One: Good Or Bad

Darkwhip
05-21-2013, 09:13 PM
i wanted to see how many in fc like and dislike the new xbox console.
i personally like the new xbox but what do you think?

features that i am most interested in so far are:
dvr feature: lets you record and save gameplay on almost any game.
snap feature: allows you to open two windows at once.
skype: allows multiple video chats at once(i dont use skype much myself but it seems pretty cool).

i also heard during the reveal video that the new kinect sensor has more joint enabling more realistic animation.

Zeta Crossfire
05-21-2013, 09:24 PM
There was defiantly some bad to come out of this but not enough for me to not buy one around launch.

KazuhLLL
05-22-2013, 12:13 AM
No poll on this? Lol.

I liked it. I was originally worried that the PS4 might look more appealing than the Nextbox, but I'm happy enough with what they've said to buy it off launch.

bazongaman502
05-22-2013, 12:42 AM
I was very impressed with the reveal of Xbox One. I really love how the name wasn't one of the rumored names that was going around XD lol

I will be buying this... hopefully on launch :)

Graycochea
05-22-2013, 06:27 AM
I doubt I'll get this at launch. There's nothing interesting enough to pique my interest. I remember back in the day when video game consoles played video games, those were the days.

The reason it's called the "Xbox One" is because it's supposed to be the "All-In-One Experience". I'm not a fan of Swiss Army knives, they're loaded down with so much crap, it doesn't feel like a real knife anymore.

When the animation is so good that deaf people can read the lips of a computer generated person, then I'll become sufficiently interested.

Also, just because the game looks almost real, doesn't mean it's a great game. They should stop working on improving their graphics and start working on their storytelling and gameplay. Storytelling + Gameplay + Realistic Graphics = Great Game. Realistic Graphics - Storytelling - Gameplay = Mediocre game at best.

Oh and I'm a Playstation gamer at heart, so yeah.

Maxdoggy
05-22-2013, 07:59 AM
I love how everyone (exaggerated) in the gaming world thinks that they will be getting the PS4 just because of this Reveal and lack of games. It was a Reveal, not the "this is everything we have" show that will be E3.

RaZ Vader
05-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Waiting till E3

Blackhawk570
05-22-2013, 08:57 AM
There really isn't anything bad about the new console so far. I really liked what Microsoft did which was basically sticking to their roots while improving everything they can. They haven't release the graphics card yet for microsoft but if it is a ATI card it will be in the same league as the PS4. If it is a nvidia card then possible the xbox will be better than the PS4. The new xbox is gonna allow for a lot more multitasking with all these different features and they should have put more than 8 gigs of ram into it tbh, but 8 gigs will probably do well enough. The controller looks like it now has a built in battery like the PS3 Controllers so no more batteries (usb charge). I love the fantasy feature and I can't wait to see how xbox integrates tv more. Also browsing the internet while doing other stuff just sounds right.

Metkil5685
05-22-2013, 09:09 AM
I watched the presentation and the only thing I could think of is "but I do this all on my PC anyways."

Ignoring games, since we have to wait until E3 for that, I am unimpressed with what I have seen. I personally don't care for all this TV integration, and related topics. I buy a game console for one reason. To play games. I honestly don't have much more of an opinion until I see what we got at E3.

Specact
05-22-2013, 09:26 AM
I watched the presentation and the only thing I could think of is "but I do this all on my PC anyways."

Ignoring games, since we have to wait until E3 for that, I am unimpressed with what I have seen. I personally don't care for all this TV integration, and related topics. I buy a game console for one reason. To play games. I honestly don't have much more of an opinion until I see what we got at E3.

I'm with Metkil. I want it for games not social media, web browsing, and streaming. I will have to wait until E3 to see what happens. But I will probably be taking the money that would have went toward this and putting it toward building a PC instead.

Blackhawk570
05-22-2013, 09:35 AM
They updated the graphics, processor, and ram. If you care only about the games then you should be satisfied. Depending on the Graphic Card the xbox can potentially be better than a lot high end gaming computers.

Maxdoggy
05-22-2013, 10:20 AM
NVIDIA didn't get enough money from either Sony or Microsoft so both companies went elsewhere to get their GPU's.

Maxdoggy
05-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Lots of new info just came out about the Xbox One.

Check the Twitter feed on the home page.

KazuhLLL
05-22-2013, 10:51 AM
I doubt I'll get this at launch. There's nothing interesting enough to pique my interest. I remember back in the day when video game consoles played video games, those were the days.

The reason it's called the "Xbox One" is because it's supposed to be the "All-In-One Experience". I'm not a fan of Swiss Army knives, they're loaded down with so much crap, it doesn't feel like a real knife anymore.

When the animation is so good that deaf people can read the lips of a computer generated person, then I'll become sufficiently interested.

Also, just because the game looks almost real, doesn't mean it's a great game. They should stop working on improving their graphics and start working on their storytelling and gameplay. Storytelling + Gameplay + Realistic Graphics = Great Game. Realistic Graphics - Storytelling - Gameplay = Mediocre game at best.

Oh and I'm a Playstation gamer at heart, so yeah.

They game us quite a bit more RAM, and a much better processor. Honestly what else can be done from the console manufacturer's perspective? The rest of the evolution of gaming is in the hands of the game developers themselves (including, I might add, "animation is so good that deaf people can read the lips").

I know quite a few people that chose the PS3 over the 360 because the 360 didn't have Bluray, and they didn't want to have both a Bluray and an Xbox cluttering up their entertainment center (these weren't "hardcore" gamers, for the record). With the One, Microsoft is trying to take this idea of an entertainment hub even further. With their reveal they weren't trying to target gamers like us, they were trying to target the general public to get all the little teenagers and all the mid-30's (tech-savvy) adults wanting the Xbox over the PS4.

E3 will be when both Microsoft and Sony make their appeals to us, the gamers. Honestly I'm already excited for the One's 8 new upcoming franchises that they announced yesterday would be released in the next year.

zZ Dr K Zz
05-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Copying and Pasting my two posts from the other topic (sorry if some of feels out of place):

"I'm fine with the Xbox One (Love the name)

And who cares about backwards compatibility anyways? I hardly used it on my 360 except for Halo 2, but quickly moved on to the newer games. And if you want to play your 360 games, then just play them on your 360. It's not rocket surgery people.

The system sounds like Steam, your game is tied to your account and can't be played anywhere else without your account.

I don't have an issue with used games as well since I always buy my games new, so I won't even notice that aspect.

I don't fully understand the rage. MS has a ton of info to get out in a 1 hour time frame. I see why they didn't go as in depth as they were supposed to, since E3 is right around the corner. I think a ton of people are blowing every detail out of proportion.

Not understanding why some of the complaints are saying that the Xbox One is no longer a game console, but an entertainment console when the past 2 years alone were spent on making the Xbox 360 an entertainment hub. Why does this come as a huge surprise?

And why not?

Our phones in the past 5-10 years turned from being plugged into our walls to being wireless, to being on the go, to having text messaging, apps, games, etc. It's the evolution of technology. (Spoiler alert, its turning into a computer/cellphone: *GASP*)"

I'll most likely be getting the Xbox One first and a PS4 down the road like I did with the PS3, but we'll see how E3 goes. The only console I think I will never get is anything Nintendo makes. I'm so stoked for E3 though! I'm hoping to see something Uncharted related for the Playstation because Uncharted 2 was the sole reason why I bought a PS3, that game was damn beautiful.

And I'm hoping for Half-Life 3 to be announced. I mean, come on: 2013, E3, June 13th. The 3's point to it happening!

Anarchy
05-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Too much focus on TV and shit. +1 on Metkil.

Spartanbh
05-22-2013, 02:36 PM

Jam Cliché
05-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Just give me the option to "customize" my entertainment experience. Let me get all the clutter off my console that I, as a gamer-oriented console buyer, won't use on my Xbox.

And that DVR feature? Dunno where you heard it, but I hope it is true. We should have had a built in capture card long ago. I hope that is a fleshed out feature with all the bells and whistles.

zZ Dr K Zz
05-22-2013, 03:44 PM
And that DVR feature? Dunno where you heard it, but I hope it is true. We should have had a built in capture card long ago. I hope that is a fleshed out feature with all the bells and whistles.
It's true, it was shown at the conference. Not sure if they went into much detail about it though.

Darkwhip
05-22-2013, 04:58 PM
No poll on this? Lol.

I liked it. I was originally worried that the PS4 might look more appealing than the Nextbox, but I'm happy enough with what they've said to buy it off launch.
the ps4 is suppossed to have better graphics but the xo(xboxone) may out way that with its useful features.

i could not add a poll it wont let me sad to say.

KazuhLLL
05-22-2013, 05:20 PM
the ps4 is suppossed to have better graphics but the xo(xboxone) may out way that with its useful features.

i could not add a poll it wont let me sad to say.

Nothing from the specs imply any sort of graphics difference to me. PS4 might be a little snappier because of the newer RAM but that's it I think.

Maxdoggy
05-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Also, because of the 300,000 servers and Microsoft Azure, the Xbox One will have increased performance and graphics as developers learn how to use cloud computing to boost the Xbox One's power.

Darkwhip
05-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Nothing from the specs imply any sort of graphics difference to me. PS4 might be a little snappier because of the newer RAM but that's it I think.

i could be wrong on that but i know that with better ram a with their new processor they will be able to render more particles faster than before.
meaning more realistic lighting and shadowing.
and better fire and lighting effects.

something that really sways me into getting the ps4 is its sleep mode and the new controller.

Darkwhip
05-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Also, because of the 300,000 servers and Microsoft Azure, the Xbox One will have increased performance and graphics as developers learn how to use cloud computing to boost the Xbox One's power.

the servers will increase multiplayer performance allowing more players to play at once in a match with little to no lag.
however this wont effect graphics.
another thing is that these servers should allow you to download games and apps atleast 1.5 times faster than before.

Maxdoggy
05-22-2013, 06:26 PM
the servers will increase multiplayer performance allowing more players to play at once in a match with little to no lag.
however this wont effect graphics.
another thing is that these servers should allow you to download games and apps atleast 1.5 times faster than before.

You obviously don't check the Twitter feed on the home page:

RT @IGN: Xbox One to become more powerful over time via cloud computing http://go.ign.com/12sl2Xq

Darkwhip
05-22-2013, 06:54 PM
You obviously don't check the Twitter feed on the home page:

RT @IGN: Xbox One to become more powerful over time via cloud computing http://go.ign.com/12sl2Xq

my correction then.
if bandwith can be amplified then game processes could be done pover cloud allowing xbox to focus on other task like lighting and pixels.
overall it would be less stress on the system nd better graphics.
screw ps4 im getting xbox one.

KazuhLLL
05-22-2013, 07:02 PM
i could be wrong on that but i know that with better ram a with their new processor they will be able to render more particles faster than before.
meaning more realistic lighting and shadowing.
and better fire and lighting effects.

something that really sways me into getting the ps4 is its sleep mode and the new controller.

Okay, technically the PS4 will probably be a tiny bit faster. But I think the difference between the two will be so negligible that considering "graphics" as a pro or con in which console to buy would just be silly. The difference just won't be noticeable by the majority of people.

And as far as graphics go, I think the CPU/GPUs in these will bottleneck them more than the RAM will in like 8 years when they finally hit the limit of what they can do.

bazongaman502
05-22-2013, 08:18 PM
I don't understand why people make Xbox having other media outlets (Plays movies, watches live TV, Internet Explorer, etc.) a bad thing. People seriously make it seem like a huge let down and they don't want that.

I don't see a gun to anyone's head telling them they HAVE to use the full thing.

Otherwise, im very impressed. Now I can sell my Blue Ray Player to someone and just use my xbox for it... gives me more things i can do in one box. compared to having a full shelf of different boxes doing one thing.

MedeDust
05-22-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't care, I'm getting it whenever I have money just so that I can say I have it. Fuck Yeah.

Maxdoggy
05-22-2013, 10:33 PM
I don't care, I'm getting it whenever I have money just so that I can say I have it. Fuck Yeah.

Sorry, off topic: Whomever sig-bombed you is hilarious.

Twitter news!

bazongaman502
05-23-2013, 03:20 AM
EB Games may have fucked up or Microsoft is really about to fuck up

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z394/Bazongaman/XboxOneEBGames_14721_scre en.jpg (http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/Bazongaman/media/XboxOneEBGames_14721_scre en.jpg.html)

Story: http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-listed-at-eb-games-australia-for-a899-6408701

Graycochea
05-23-2013, 06:26 AM

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z394/Bazongaman/XboxOneEBGames_14721_scre en.jpg (http://s1187.photobucket.com/user/Bazongaman/media/XboxOneEBGames_14721_scre en.jpg.html)

Story: http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-listed-at-eb-games-australia-for-a899-6408701

Yeah... no. That thing better make me meals and drive me to work.

Maxdoggy
05-23-2013, 07:09 AM
That price is so ridiculously high because there will be absolutely no way that Microsoft will price it above that. EB Games wants to be sure that you pay the full amount (and so they can have extra monies).

MedeDust
05-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Doubt that's the price.

VerbotenDonkey
05-23-2013, 09:07 AM
If thats the price, I may as well just move to PC Gaming. I console game because its cheap. -_-

MedeDust
05-23-2013, 09:10 AM
If thats the price, I may as well just move to PC Gaming. I console game because its cheap. -_-

^ This, I already use my pc more and well I'll only be missing out on Halo I guess.

zZ Dr K Zz
05-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Guys, it says "Placeholder Price."

>_>

KazuhLLL
05-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Guys, it says "Placeholder Price."

>_>

^This. I'm guessing it'll be about $500 on launch. $400 if we're lucky (but I doubt it).

EDIT: Also the same website priced the PS4 at the exact same figures: https://www.ebgames.com.au/featured/playstation-4

Maxdoggy
05-23-2013, 11:57 AM
They had to put a placeholder price so that they could advertise it on their website (with more than likely a fake SKU).

Darkwhip
05-23-2013, 06:31 PM

well this new xbox probably wont be out till next year maybe in spring.
this is just the place holder price meaning when it comes out you will get your console instantly.
the real price would never be above 500$.
however the reason the place holder price is so insane is because it will most likely sell out after only a week.

- - - Updated - - -

but this place holder price may be cut by 250$

KazuhLLL
05-23-2013, 07:13 PM
well this new xbox probably wont be out till next year maybe in spring.
this is just the place holder price meaning when it comes out you will get your console instantly.
the real price would never be above 500$.
however the reason the place holder price is so insane is because it will most likely sell out after only a week.

Xbox One has been confirmed for release later this year.

Darkwhip
05-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Xbox One has been confirmed for release later this year.
oops i forgot about call of duty ghost.
its supposed to be one of the first games for xbox one.
its coming out november so the xbox one is coming out on the same day or a week earlier.

i wont probably get my xbox one till april or may next year.
by then there should be more games for it and a bigger community.

KazuhLLL
05-25-2013, 02:45 PM
The people at Wired seem to like the X1. This was a pretty good read: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one/

Zandril
05-27-2013, 10:53 PM
I'll probably only get the new Xbox once Halo 5 is released to it. Or maybe when Destiny is released. I'm still thinking about it though.

Maxdoggy
05-28-2013, 01:04 PM
RT @Kotaku: Xbox One's Kinect can be turned off, says Microsoft, noting privacy concerns. http://bit.ly/1auQTK1

Boneill1621
05-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Wanted to get people's thoughts on this:

It seems like the Xbox One obviously wants to cater to every kind of console owner where as the PS4 is specifically targeting "hardcore" gamers and independent developers.

Idk about you all but if you look at the industry and how expensive AAA games are to create, catering to hardcore console gamers just seems like an unsustainable business model. I'm not saying the PS4 will fail but it just seems more logical to go towards the path Microsoft is. This clearly infuriates a lot of gamers and I understand why. I'm sure E3 will clear a ton of things up.

bazongaman502
05-31-2013, 04:14 PM
I just understand why people hate that microsoft is going to all sorts of entertainment. Its not like anyone is forced to watch live TV or use skype on the Xbox.

Xbox One is overall better better than the PS4. However, I will not deny, the PS4 does look good, but doesnt seem to fit my tastes as much as the Xbox One does.

Graycochea
05-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Wanted to get people's thoughts on this:

It seems like the Xbox One obviously wants to cater to every kind of console owner where as the PS4 is specifically targeting "hardcore" gamers and independent developers.

Idk about you all but if you look at the industry and how expensive AAA games are to create, catering to hardcore console gamers just seems like an unsustainable business model. I'm not saying the PS4 will fail but it just seems more logical to go towards the path Microsoft is. This clearly infuriates a lot of gamers and I understand why. I'm sure E3 will clear a ton of things up.

They aren't trying to cater to every kind of console owner, they're trying to cater to EVERYBODY. Period.

Let me make this clearer... My mother wants one. She apparently watched the live-event reveal thing on youtube. This was news to me because she hates my gaming habit. She hates video games completely and utterly. Now, she can't wait for the Xbox One to come out. Most of you are probably like "That's awesome." That's what I thought at first, but then I thought about it and Xbox isn't trying to cater to gamers anymore. They're trying to cater to anyone and everyone. When someone who vehemently detests video games wants a video game console, you know it stopped being a video game console a long time ago.

You can even tell they aren't catering to gamers anymore. No backwards compatibility? I'm pretty sure each console was built on backwards compatibility. I had a choice to make in 2000. Buy a PS2 or an Xbox. I was a kid, so I had to sell this to my parents. My best selling point was that with a PS2, I didn't have to start a video game library from scratch. I could just play Spyro and Tomb Raider. Eventually I got an Xbox, but really late into the game. I didn't know what Xbox Live was until 5 years later when H3 came out. Completely missed H2, I heard about the send off parties though. I digress. Point is, no backwards compatibility means that video game library you spent 10 years(give or take) working on is now out the window. This may not apply to some of you cause I know that a lot of gamers finish a game then sell it to GS 10 minutes later, but I'm proud to say that I collect all my games and I don't want to not be able to play them on the next console. That means saying good bye to Gears, H3, H4, and Reach, Mass Effect, and all my other favorites once my 360 craps out. This leads to my favorite thing about the so-called "Xbox One"... the hypocrisy. I know one of you people is going to be all like "B-b-but Gray, why don't you just play your 360 since there's no backwards compatibility?" Why little sheep? Because this is the all in one experience! All-in-One everybody! Say goodbye to all your obsolete tech. We're gonna take it off your entertainment center! Say goodbye to your cablebox, your dvd player, your blu ray player, your cd player, your laptop, your desktop, gone all gone! Whoo! Wait a minute... what's that? That last entertainment device... the one in the corner with all the green cases on top of it? Yeah, that one with the black and the circle thing... oh shit. Guys, I figured out what we forgot to put in the all-in-one experience. It's the last device we marketed to the gamers. What kind of bullshit is that? Seriously. They chucked telecommunications and a blu-ray player into this thing, but they couldn't add the last piece of technology they made? Not even using their fabled "Cloud" bullshit. I just think that's impressively stupid. Maybe it's just me.

Then there's DRM. No more used games. 3/4 of my game collection is used. Who would go into a store with $60 and buy one game when he/she could buy six or seven? Fucking no one. Oh, and no sharing games. The best form of advertisement is word of mouth. Someone lends someone else a game, someone else likes that game, someone else goes and buys that game. Maybe it's also just me. My friend lent me Darksiders, The Darkness, and The Darkness II. When the time came to give them back, I didn't like it, so I went and bought them.

Next up, always online. Confirmed. I don't care what you say, you're gonna need an online connection for it. They say "Oh, you can play it offline." If you have it update connected to the internet every 24 hours. That's PR spin no matter how you look at it. People in college dorms or rural areas have trouble maintaining a steady connection. Just saying.

So yes, if you were to ask me whether or not I think the Xbox One is even being marketed to gamers, I'd say no.

Now they're just making a glorified computer. "Oh, you need a cable box? We have that. Internet you say? You would like to access the internet? Well, don't reach for the laptop that's right in front of you, let us do it instead." It's barely for gamers. They're building a living room PC. Those of you with PC's already, stick with it. The only real reason any one is going to buy the new Xbox is Halo.

I feel bad for saying this, but I truly hope that the Xbox One fails just so Microsoft will be taught a lesson about fucking with our shit. Of course it's not cause every 5th grader in a parka will get their parents to buy them one.

Anyways, TL;DR Microsoft sucks.

P.S. I spent like 20 minutes composing this, so if you didn't read it, &$%@ you.

Update for Bazonga. It's the principle of the thing. They're taking something that should be a video game console and twisting it 'til it includes everything else one can possibly think of. Maybe I'm just gatekeeping our subculture, but I think a video game console should be for video games. It's actually kind of funny. I was playing my PS2 a little while back and when I turned it on and put in the game, the game just started and for half a second I was like "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, where's the main men- oh yeah." I forgot consoles used to not have main menus. I sort of feel like we as gamers have forgotten ourselves or something. Again, probably just me.

And on which console will be better, I think they'll be the same. They're both using AMD tech. I'd love to be AMD right now. They're triple dealing to all sides. Every Xbox, Playstation and Wii that comes out, they're getting a cut of. They're on top of the world right now.

Maxdoggy
05-31-2013, 05:47 PM
I would reply to your post, Revan (Gray), but you clearly have already counted your chickens before they hatched.

In a non-metaphorical way, wait until E3 to hate something you don't know everything about.

TL;DR: Calm down.

Graycochea
05-31-2013, 05:52 PM
I would reply to your post, Revan (Gray), but you clearly have already counted your chickens before they hatched.

In a non-metaphorical way, wait until E3 to hate something you don't know everything about.

TL;DR: Calm down.

Tell you what Max. I will watch E3 and give it a fair shake and see if it changes my mind. Maybe I'll see something exceptional.

And I am calm.

Maxdoggy
05-31-2013, 05:54 PM
Tell you what Max. I will watch E3 and give it a fair shake and see if it changes my mind. Maybe I'll see something exceptional.

And I am calm.

Yay! :)

Mythonian
05-31-2013, 05:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY8ukZUkx9s

Freelance
05-31-2013, 06:06 PM
^This. I'm guessing it'll be about $500 on launch. $400 if we're lucky (but I doubt it).

EDIT: Also the same website priced the PS4 at the exact same figures: https://www.ebgames.com.au/featured/playstation-4
I heard the X1 is going to be cheaper than the X360 was at launch. I think Microsoft cut a few tech corners to lower the price.

Graycochea
05-31-2013, 06:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY8ukZUkx9s

Alright, alright, I'll wait 'til E3.

- - - Updated - - -

I heard the X1 is going to be cheaper than the X360 was at launch. I think Microsoft cut a few tech corners to lower the price.

*cough* backwards compatibility *cough*

- - - Updated - - -

360 cut corners too. It only played like 45% of the Xbox Original library. It didn't play any Prince of Persia games. Super sad. :(

Maxdoggy
05-31-2013, 06:29 PM
The X1, like the PS4, are not backwards compatible because they are using more PC-like architecture than their predecessors. For example, the Cell in the PS3 uses different architecture than the PS4.

Also, like you mentioned Revan, the cost of including the tech necessary to allow for backwards compatibility (that won't be used by many people - except for maybe us in Halo 4 in example) is simply too high. The original PS3 (which I have) was backwards compatible, but it also cost $600.

KazuhLLL
05-31-2013, 06:31 PM
*cough* backwards compatibility *cough*

*cough* neither is the PS4 *cough*

If the price is lower than the 360's it won't be because of any cut corners. It'll just be them trying to get a lot of X1's out there. They're willing to lose more money from the console and make it back with the games that those console owners would buy.

bazongaman502
05-31-2013, 06:50 PM
@Raven

Again, its not like you are being forced to use everything, you just want to game? Then just game. I actually enjoy doing other things on my xbox rather than just gaming

Graycochea
06-01-2013, 06:23 AM
Backwards compatibility has just always been the biggest selling point for me. I got the PS3 because I have about 60 PS2 games. Compared to getting the Xbox 360 for just Halo and Splinter Cell. It played Crimson Skies which was sort of cool. I don't hate the XBO, I'm just angry that it won't have backwards compatibility. I don't hate that it does everything, it's just easier to point out the backwards compatibility flaw when it does everything but play its predecessors games.

PS4 too. I have less PS3 games for it than the 360, but now I can't just go buy the PS4. I'll have to get the PS3 and the PS4 and I probably will cause I want to play Bioshock and Uncharted. I can't just let my old games go.

And a PC like Architecture not allowing backwards compatibility? My laptop can play Doom, Marathon, and Deus Ex. That's as backwards compatible as it gets.

Graycochea
06-01-2013, 06:54 AM
I just thought of something. What if there was a backwards compatibility peripheral? Like how there's external Blu-ray or floppy disk drives. That would be cool. It might cost a little extra, but I don't mind if I can play my 360 games. Or some way to connect the 360 to it with like a USB cord or something. I don't know. I'm just brainstorming.

bazongaman502
06-01-2013, 06:33 PM
If you want to play old games from previous consoles... keep that console. Change is in the future, no reason to advance with it and continue to want the past

KazuhLLL
06-01-2013, 06:37 PM
If you want to play old games from previous consoles... keep that console. Change is in the future, no reason to advance with it and continue to want the past

Back in my day we didn't expect backwards compatibility. If your SNES cartridge fit in your N64 you were doing something wrong.

riphelix
06-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Back in my day we didn't expect backwards compatibility. If your SNES cartridge fit in your N64 you were doing something wrong.

I got quite a good chuckle out of this. I miss those days.

bazongaman502
06-01-2013, 07:10 PM

still have my N64 and I still play the hell out of it

riphelix
06-01-2013, 07:31 PM

I'm jealous. I wish I still had mine, it got lost one of the times I moved when I was a kid. I still have some of my games and stuff for it though. I'm hopefully getting one soon.

Graycochea
06-02-2013, 04:52 PM

I had two and neither of them work anymore, which is why it[backwards compatibility] is so important to me. All I want is to be able to play my favorite games 5, 10, 15 years down the road. When my old console dies and becomes so obsolete you can't find it anywhere, I'd like to still be able to play my games. The closest I can get to N64 now is an emulator, which doesn't always work. I still can't find a working Rogue Squadron Rom. There's also the Wii, but I hate the controllers for those.

I also haven't found an effective Xbox[Original] emulator.

Every once in a while they'll release an updated version of a favorite game: Budokai 1&3, Halo Anniversary, even Kingdom Hearts is getting an HD upgrade. If I still had my PS3, I'd be first in line for that cause my PS2 was just a victim in a flood. I haven't plugged it in yet cause I'm afraid of it not working anymore and I don't want to see that.

I get you bazonga. The future is coming and I can't wait to embrace it, I'm just afraid my old favorites and my greatest hits will be left in the dust to one day become a distant memory of days gone by. I can barely remember the true joy I used to feel playing Goldeneye, Star Fox, or Rogue Squadron.

UberDick
06-02-2013, 06:48 PM
The Xbox One reveal was trying to reach out to non-hardcore gamers. They presented it as a living room all in one gaming hub. Which i'm totally fine with, it was a good reveal for what it was ment to be.

What really pissed me off was when Marc Whitten said "This is rocket-science level stuff". Does he think everyone is a gullible dumbass, he went overboard with that comment.

More than 8 million people watched the reveal of the new Xbox One, and the response was very negative. They didn't talk about games nearly enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embe dded&v=sRq7whIDKeI

Besides that, it was ok, and I think they mentioned something about improved xbox live being able to server more players in one game at a time, so I look forward to 32 player halo 5 lol.

I also wish the PS4 exclusive "The Last of Us" wasn't exclusive, it looks like a badass game, but I guess halo 5 makes up for that, considering Halo 5 will very much most likely have flood, maybe some flood fire fight.

The upcoming game Destiny looks especially amazing.

Xbox One also doesn't seem like much of a power house gaming console as I anticipated.

So long as the Xbox One is at a reasonable price, 400-500, i'll most likely buy it.

SuRroundeD By 1
06-03-2013, 12:39 AM
I'll miss backwards compatibility for Halo 4 and Skyrim, but I most likely wont be getting the Xbox One until either the price goes down, or Battlefield 4 is so amazing on it that it matches PC specs.

Graycochea
06-04-2013, 02:22 AM
I also wish the PS4 exclusive "The Last of Us" wasn't exclusive,

Other than Halo, Playstation has always had better exclusives. Those are the only reasons I buy the Sony console. And Halo is the reason I buy Microsoft.

Maxdoggy
06-06-2013, 09:47 AM
More details about the Xbox One controller: http://majornelson.com/2013/06/06/more-details-about-xbox-one-controller/

The controller turns into a true wired controller when plugged in via microUSB.

Maxdoggy
06-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Microsoft Offers a Definitive Answer on Used Games and Always-Online:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/06/xbox-one-used-games-always-online/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget

Maxdoggy
06-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Everyone is confused now. Microsoft just confused more people. I'm confused now.

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-games-can-only-be-given-to-one-person-ever-511754913?utm_campaign=So cialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-lets-you-share-your-games-with-up-to-10-famil-511767763?utm_campaign=So cialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Also, you can turn off Kinect!
http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-kinect-privacy-concerns-turn-it-off-511759241?utm_campaign=So cialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

bazongaman502
06-06-2013, 07:56 PM
I was already impressed with the Xbox One. Im now even getting more impressed by it.

CAN"T WAIT FOR MONDAY!

Darkwhip
06-21-2013, 02:48 PM
I was already impressed with the Xbox One. Im now even getting more impressed by it.

CAN"T WAIT FOR MONDAY!
what do you mean the xbox one wont be out till november.
wait are you pre ordering.

bazongaman502
06-21-2013, 03:10 PM
what do you mean the xbox one wont be out till november.
wait are you pre ordering.

*Facepalm* the Microsoft Press Conference was that monday. Look at the date I posted that.

Also, the Xbox One was great before, now I really have no interest in it that much since they did that whole policy change

Darkwhip
06-22-2013, 12:04 AM
*Facepalm* the Microsoft Press Conference was that monday. Look at the date I posted that.

Also, the Xbox One was great before, now I really have no interest in it that much since they did that whole policy change

oops my bad :facepalm: i didint check the date.
also i think the xbox one has better features than ps4.
xbox ones impressive feature makes up microsofts low integrity.

xbox one just needed a wake up call.
they had to learn that their crazy policies would nearly bankrupt them in the future so they changed.

Asseroya
07-19-2013, 02:11 PM
I think the Xbox One is going to be amazing, but the policies confuse me... Nevertheless, they wont be any problem for me. The DRM never was, the used game thing didn´t bother me much and I don´t borrow games a lot.