PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4: New Weapon Patch

Prof Blastoise
06-04-2013, 12:42 PM
So this morning I go on halo to find the new patch was released. So after a few games all I can say is WOW. This update makes this game much, much better! The battle rifle as a 4 shot in this update makes the game better for skilled players. It does not glitch like the 4 shot mod that was created. The assault rifle also had a buff but the BR tends to beat it.

The other reason why I enjoy this update is the movement speed increase. It makes the game flow much smoother. With the battle rifle killing so fat and you being able to move faster, it had more of a halo 2 feel to it. I did not find too many people using the DMR so the BR will now be the dominant weapon of choice. I can see the DMR being good of BTB maps, but the BR will be dominant up close and mid range.

Tell me what you guys think. Do you think that these upgrades will be good for halo? Also, tell me your view on how the game play will change. Discuss.

VerbotenDonkey
06-04-2013, 12:48 PM
I outgunned someone with a dismounted turret who was using a BR at mid-range. I lol'd, I like the buffs to all the weapons, although the SAW is a little too OP now. Also, took me a few rounds to get used to the BR, but it definitely feels like a real gun now that can stand its own.

Although its a little too OP close range with the beatdown combo now that it does more damage, so it outshines the AR a little too much :(

Prof Blastoise
06-04-2013, 12:55 PM
I outgunned someone with a dismounted turret who was using a BR at mid-range. I lol'd, I like the buffs to all the weapons, although the SAW is a little too OP now. Also, took me a few rounds to get used to the BR, but it definitely feels like a real gun now that can stand its own.

Although its a little too OP close range with the beatdown combo now that it does more damage, so it outshines the AR a little too much :(
The SAW could be destroyed by an AR so I say that was a good idea. I think the BR should be a dominant weapon, but the AR can still win with its new buff.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
06-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Personally I like the update, they slightly buffed the carbine and made it more accurate and that got me excited.

As for the light rifle thank God! I actually feel as if it's a decent weapon now. The range is amazing and the new fire rate makes ir even better.

I haven't noticed any DMR changes but the BR is beast now. I can definitely see myself using that one a lot more often.

Silko
06-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Great update, loving every part of it.

UberDick
06-04-2013, 05:51 PM
I'm going to have to get used to weapons again.

Sounds like a good update though.

JonOU812
06-04-2013, 05:57 PM
I haven't been using the BR before the update, was mostly using DMR. Now, as I try out the new BR, I feel like i'm playing H2/H3 again. Although I still haven't been able to get a grip on the BR yet, it'll come eventually.

In terms of the other weapons:
Assault Rifle is great
Carbine's pretty good
Light Rifle is awesome
Storm Rifle idk haven't used it
Suppressor is like the storm rifle
SAW is beast
DMR doesn't seem to have been changed aside from i think a slightly lower range
and the Warthog and Mantis have a damage increase, haven't used any so i can't tell.

fearfulpenguin
06-04-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm going to have to get used to weapons again.

Ikr, I played a few matches last nite and it felt like i was playing halo for the first time :D

riphelix
06-04-2013, 06:05 PM
I haven't played after the new tunings came out. I'm gonna have to get on that right quick so I can get used to the weapons.

Zeta Crossfire
06-04-2013, 09:50 PM
The Light Rifle is now good enough to consider using.

Harry
06-04-2013, 10:36 PM
It's good to hear the majority of us enjoy the update.

bazongaman502
06-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Worst Update in my opinion

JamiDJ
06-05-2013, 12:59 AM

I couldn't agree more

SuRroundeD By 1
06-05-2013, 01:33 AM
I very much like the update, it seems like every weapon is a viable option now (I did well using the BR, DMR, AR, LR, and Carbine) and they all seemed to stack against each other pretty well . . . although sometimes I still believe a shot or two from my Carbine isn't registering . . .

ThatAwkardGuy
06-05-2013, 01:54 AM
With the battle rifle killing so FAT and you being able to move faster, it had more of a halo 2 feel to it.

Inb4 Corbin or anyone from VbD notices the typo about fat. Donuts?

KazuhLLL
06-05-2013, 03:23 AM

I couldn't agree more

Care to elaborate?

Harry
06-05-2013, 06:24 AM
wut Kaz sed

bazongaman502
06-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Care to elaborate?
I hated the BR enough as is. IMO, the BR is one of the worst guns brought to Halo. The saw is even more OP. It was powerful enough as is, why the fuck make it stronger?

I don't want to go into a game and see everyone using a BR because its more OP. I still chose the DMR and forever will.

Understand, these are opinions, no one is right about their opinions. You either agree or disagree.

Also, I dont use the LR, so I really don't give a fuck about it as well as the Carbine.

But if you like it, then you like it. I still believe it is one of the worst updates.

Silko
06-05-2013, 12:17 PM
I hated the BR enough as is. IMO, the BR is one of the worst guns brought to Halo. The saw is even more OP. It was powerful enough as is, why the fuck make it stronger?

I don't want to go into a game and see everyone using a BR because its more OP. I still chose the DMR and forever will.

Understand, these are opinions, no one is right about their opinions. You either agree or disagree.

Also, I dont use the LR, so I really don't give a fuck about it as well as the Carbine.

But if you like it, then you like it. I still believe it is one of the worst updates.

So making sure that 1 gun didn't have the monopoly for a game is a bad update? Based off my games people used several guns and not just the BR. Have I see more people use the BR? Of course but have I also seen more use of the light rifle and AR? Yes I have. I for one haven't changed my use of guns. I always used the BR on small maps like Haven. Then used the DMR on large maps like Valhalla/Rak. To say it is the worst update ever is rather foolish when we look at the updates done in Halo Reach with the whole zero bloom thing.

KazuhLLL
06-05-2013, 12:19 PM

Lolwut?

The DMR is the the most OP spawning weapon in the history of Halo... >.>
(minus the CE pistol which was much more difficult to use, so that made it okay)

Also, the SAW's power was increased so that the newly buffed ARs wouldn't be able to beat it 1v1

VerbotenDonkey
06-05-2013, 12:46 PM

In my opinion, the DMR/LR is the worst gun in the game haha. It completely destroyed Maps by being able to hit someone from one end of the map to the other, making games incredibly slow since map movement was minimized. This update helped close the gap so that the DMR is no longer the sole gun.

Prof Blastoise
06-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Inb4 Corbin or anyone from VbD notices the typo about fat. Donuts?
Shhhh...

bazongaman502
06-05-2013, 02:45 PM
i never said it was the worst update "ever". It could have been better. Every Halo game iv been in since the update, its been nothing but BRs.

I still stand by my opinion. Don't like it? Then congrats, you have an opinion as well.

I liked Reach over every Halo game except CE. DMR has been and always will be my weapon of choice.

Dos Eggys
06-05-2013, 02:58 PM
The SAW could be destroyed by an AR so I say that was a good idea. I think the BR should be a dominant weapon, but the AR can still win with its new buff.
Actually the SAW received a buff to damage to maintain the double DPS of the AR.

Prof Blastoise
06-05-2013, 06:43 PM
i never said it was the worst update "ever". It could have been better. Every Halo game iv been in since the update, its been nothing but BRs.

I still stand by my opinion. Don't like it? Then congrats, you have an opinion as well.

I liked Reach over every Halo game except CE. DMR has been and always will be my weapon of choice.
"Bloom was a great feature to Halo!" Said no one ever...

Guzzie
06-05-2013, 10:05 PM
The BR feels super crispy, Im liking it a lot so far. Definitely makes you think about choosing the BR or DMR, and it really does come down to the size of the map you are playing; unlike before, when the DMR was the superior, regardless of map size.
I feel like having Firepower as a tactical package is now useful. The DMR and BR really do fulfill their intended roles pretty well now.

I am not a fan of the buff that was given to the assault rifle/saw. They were strong to begin with, but now, they are just ridiculous.

I still have to try out a few of the other changes i.e light rifle. carbine.

silversleek
06-05-2013, 10:14 PM
The BR feels super crispy, Im liking it a lot so far. Definitely makes you think about choosing the BR or DMR, and it really does come down to the size of the map you are playing; unlike before, when the DMR was the superior, regardless of map size.
I feel like having Firepower as a tactical package is now useful. The DMR and BR really do fulfill their intended roles pretty well now.

I am not a fan of the buff that was given to the assault rifle/saw. They were strong to begin with, but now, they are just ridiculous.

I still have to try out a few of the other changes i.e light rifle. carbine.

i'm agreeing after some more testing. The BR is usable, but not that overpowered. Meanwhile, the assault rifles power is a bit much now. although that might not be a bad thing, because now it's role as a supressing weapon will be fulfilled a bit better. if you know there's AR users and you're just charging around the map, it's your fault when you turn a corner at sprint and get mowed down.

Coda
06-05-2013, 11:58 PM
I haven't played it yet. But I'll probably stick with the DMR. I love being long range. But I'll have to make sure to have a BR class ready to go in a smaller map scenario.

Relapsive
06-06-2013, 06:59 AM
The br feels like halo 3, and the new Light rifle is mighty nice as well.

Sangheili Ekim
06-07-2013, 05:26 PM
This patch sounds awesome to me. Wish I had Gold right now.

Graycochea
06-07-2013, 07:07 PM
THE UPDATE SUCKS!!!!!

I'm just kidding. I haven't played Halo in weeks(may or may not have been avoiding the REDDs and playing under the radar). I haven't really been in the mood for multiplayer. I've mostly been playing singleplayer games, ME, RDR, L.A.N. That kinda stuff.

Zeta Crossfire
06-07-2013, 07:22 PM
REDWATCH played some competitive customs last night for practice and jesus christ I don't know how we used to ply Halo. I felt so slow, I felt like I couldn't kill with the BR, things just felt wrong.

These changes need to be applied to the war starting Sunday and if people don't love the weapon tuning for the love of god we at least need the movement speed.

KazuhLLL
06-07-2013, 08:19 PM
REDWATCH played some competitive customs last night for practice and jesus christ I don't know how we used to ply Halo. I felt so slow, I felt like I couldn't kill with the BR, things just felt wrong.

These changes need to be applied to the war starting Sunday and if people don't love the weapon tuning for the love of god we at least need the movement speed.

All the "TU" gametypes are already in Myth's file share.

Spattan177
06-10-2013, 09:17 PM
i'm a fan of the new update, the BR could fire a fraction of a second slower and they could get rid of the pummel through low shields and the update would be perfect for me.