PDA

View Full Version : PRISM and the Verizon Scandal

Maxdoggy
06-07-2013, 11:00 AM
So yeah, the NSA and our government knows basically everything about us now. Cool story!

http://gizmodo.com/what-is-prism-511875267
^Click!^

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/184438_10151452684265911_ 1175229974_n.jpg

bl4yze
06-07-2013, 11:01 AM
So are we going to show it to the man and all buy Xbox Ones and waggle our dicks in front of the kinect 18hrs a day?

Maxdoggy
06-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Update: Even the UK is using PRISM. http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/07/report-uk-prism-gchq/

Also, now the Kinect CAN spy on you, courtesy of the government! Yay!

Mythonian
06-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Not surprised whatsoever. >.>

xXReiBearXx
06-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Update: Even the UK is using PRISM. http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/07/report-uk-prism-gchq/

Also, now the Kinect CAN spy on you, courtesy of the government! Yay!

That sucks for the people who use their kinect for vid chat and do naughty things lol YAY the government watches people get freaky!

bl4yze
06-07-2013, 11:32 AM
lol kinect for vid sexings... get HD plz. I like to see goosepimples on nipples when I vid bukkake, kthx

Silko
06-07-2013, 11:43 AM
First they can use predator drones on us on US soil and now I can't even read my email without looking over my shoulder. What the hell is next? Big Brother for president 2016?

Maxdoggy
06-07-2013, 11:43 AM

Agreed.

I guess now we know the reason the Senate and President Obama came out against CISPA --- they were already doing it!
Also, politics and things.

Yay for government spying!!

xXReiBearXx
06-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Honestly at this point I really could careless if they are spying on me. Really I have nothing to hide from the government nor do I think they woukld care about anything I do online. In a way I am glad because maybe they can get more sexual creepers and pedophiles and also catch stupid people who want to attack us. Who knows. All I know is the government spying on the net and all really doesn't effect me and it shouldnt really effect you all unless youre a bunch of KGB spies lol That is just how I feel anyways.

bl4yze
06-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Honestly at this point I really could careless if they are spying on me. Really I have nothing to hide from the government nor do I think they woukld care about anything I do online. In a way I am glad because maybe they can get more sexual creepers and pedophiles and also catch stupid people who want to attack us. Who knows. All I know is the government spying on the net and all really doesn't effect me and it shouldnt really effect you all unless youre a bunch of KGB spies lol That is just how I feel anyways.

just lol. its that attitude which will eventually run this country into the ground. One step closer to North Korea.

Sicarioano
06-07-2013, 12:25 PM
#BlameSkyNet #BlameMetkil #BlameMythonian

#BetterThanAllOfYou

xXReiBearXx
06-07-2013, 12:34 PM
just lol. its that attitude which will eventually run this country into the ground. One step closer to North Korea.

Oh I am sorry...what are you all going to do about it? Complain? Bitch and moan? it is the government that is doing this to us. You really think they are going to give a rats ass about what we feel? If that were the case they wouldnt be doing it in the first place. My attitude isn't running the country into the ground as you say. it is more of accepting that the government is going to do what it wants no matter what we say. Deal with it.

Apologies if that came out agressive lol

bl4yze
06-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Oh I am sorry...what are you all going to do about it? Complain? Bitch and moan? it is the government that is doing this to us. You really think they are going to give a rats ass about what we feel? If that were the case they wouldnt be doing it in the first place. My attitude isn't running the country into the ground as you say. it is more of accepting that the government is going to do what it wants no matter what we say. Deal with it.

Because standing up to the government has never worked? I'm not saying the time is now, or that I personally am going to lead the movement, but taking a back seat and accepting it as the norm is definitely not the way to go about it. There have been plenty of social movements standing up to governments throughout history and notably in recent years. Accepting that this is the direction this country is taking and not giving a shit will only speed up the process.

Silko
06-07-2013, 12:54 PM

So you don't care about your 4th amendment rights at all? Well then by that logic I guess what Arizona did was perfectly in their rights. You may not care that your basic Constitutional rights where broken but I do as well as many other Americans. So I guess while we are at it lets also get rid of the 1st amendment to make sure we can't protest against the fact that our 4th amendment rights where broken. Hell why don't we just rip the band-aid completely off and throw away that useless 3rd amendment so we can place government "representatives" in our homes to make sure that no laws are being broken. And fuck the 9th amendment while we are at it. Why? Because it is clearly too broad to enforce and some times the government has to take away rights to protect us. I'm also assuming you like the Patriot act as well.

EDIT: Hey Rei have you ever read this book?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB9fDr MVSJrUXBJDHLk0eYd8rbzYcHd oi0hKNmtwXPCvYxk4qJcg

I get the feeling you would just love the government system in this book. Give it a read sometime.

KazuhLLL
06-07-2013, 01:03 PM

Lolwut?

This is a Democratic nation, you know. You make it sound Communist. xD

xXReiBearXx
06-07-2013, 01:08 PM
So you don't care about your 4th amendment rights at all? Well then by that logic I guess what Arizona did was perfectly in their rights. You may not care that your basic Constitutional rights where broken but I do as well as many other Americans. So I guess while we are at it lets also get rid of the 1st amendment to make sure we can't protest against the fact that our 4th amendment rights where broken. Hell why don't we just rip the band-aid completely off and throw away that useless 3rd amendment so we can place government "representatives" in our homes to make sure that no laws are being broken. And fuck the 9th amendment while we are at it. Why? Because it is clearly too broad to enforce and some times the government has to take away rights to protect us. I'm also assuming you like the Patriot act as well.

EDIT: Hey Rei have you ever read this book?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB9fDr MVSJrUXBJDHLk0eYd8rbzYcHd oi0hKNmtwXPCvYxk4qJcg

I get the feeling you would just love the government system in this book. Give it a read sometime.

If you have read what was in that link that was posted you would have read that they have been doing this since 2007. I dont agree with it. You guys really need to stop assuming that I am so anti free speech and shit. All I am saying is just accept that the government is going to do what it wants because if this has been going on since 2007 do you really think they will stop? They will just find some stupid loop hole bs to make it appear that they have just cause for doing what they are doing. This is why political talk should not be allowed here sometimes. People take shit out of context and just snap back with rude fucking comments. Seriously can't we all have a civil conversation without getting rude and nasty?

- - - Updated - - -

Lolwut?

This is a Democratic nation, you know. You make it sound Communist. xD

Never said anything about communist. I just see the government as it is. All full of BS and crap. Instead of fighting it without any success I will just accept it. we still have more rights than other countries. Be thankful for that at least.

bl4yze
06-07-2013, 01:11 PM
just lol

Silko
06-07-2013, 01:13 PM
If you have read what was in that link that was posted you would have read that they have been doing this since 2007. I dont agree with it. You guys really need to stop assuming that I am so anti free speech and shit. All I am saying is just accept that the government is going to do what it wants because if this has been going on since 2007 do you really think they will stop? They will just find some stupid loop hole bs to make it appear that they have just cause for doing what they are doing. This is why political talk should not be allowed here sometimes. People take shit out of context and just snap back with rude fucking comments. Seriously can't we all have a civil conversation without getting rude and nasty?

One I did read the link. I am aware of the fact that this started in 2007. Which means it started under Bush and Obama has let it continue. Which in my book is just as bad or worse then starting it in the first place. The fact that it started in 2007 excuses it how? That is like saying well I already burnt down the kitchen may as well let the whole house burn down now.

What part of people questioning why you don't care about constitutional right being broken is taking things out of context? You said fuck it I'm just going to roll over and accept that someone can do what ever they want to me and people said that is a terrible way to do things. If you don't like it when people call out when you say stupid shit then ether 1) Don't post stupid shit or 2) Don't post at all.

xXReiBearXx
06-07-2013, 01:15 PM
One I did read the link. I am aware of the fact that this started in 2007. Which means it started under Bush and Obama has let it continue. Which in my book is just as bad or worse then starting it in the first place. The fact that it started in 2007 excuses it how? That is like saying well I already burnt down the kitchen may as well let the whole house burn down now.

What part of people questioning why you don't care about constitutional right being broken is taking things out of context? You said fuck it I'm just going to roll over and accept that someone can do what ever they want to me and people said that is a terrible way to do things. If you don't like it when people call out when you say stupid shit then ether 1) Don't post stupid shit or 2) Don't post at all.

See that is what I mean by rude fucking comments. Seriously. There is no need to call my comments stupid just because you don't agree. Isn't that my right to post what I want? Seriously you are just a rude person. Always picking fights when you dissagree.

- - - Updated - - -

just lol
and that is a great show of maturity there

Silko
06-07-2013, 01:17 PM
See that is what I mean by rude fucking comments. Seriously. There is no need to call my comments stupid just because you don't agree. Seriously you are just a rude person. Always picking fights when you dissagree.

- - - Updated - - -

So when someone disagrees with you or you can't prove them wrong or you are just being completely ignorant, you say they are rude and have nothing but negative comments. Way to play the victim.

You whole post in this thread is just one massive :facepalm:

Maxdoggy
06-07-2013, 01:23 PM
President Obama's Response: http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/07/president-obama-responds-to-prism/

Also, quit yer flamin' or I'll ban all y'all!

Thanks!
-FC Management

bl4yze
06-07-2013, 01:24 PM

If maturity is realizing that there is no point in wasting my time on trying to talk sense to you on this subject, then yes. Very mature.

Silko
06-07-2013, 01:24 PM
If maturity is realizing that there is no point in wasting my time on trying to talk sense to you on this subject, then yes. Very mature.

Coda
06-07-2013, 01:25 PM
I thought this kind of thing was common knowledge for a while...

Thanks!
-FC Management

Zeta Crossfire
06-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Serious question. Our freedoms are being attacked in numerous levels, when is it ok for us as a society to start killing our government officials to get then back? Our government is a product of an armed revolution and in not saying now is the time but when is?

xXReiBearXx
06-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Um you silko are the one being rude. Just like you all I am entitled to my opinions. It isn't that I dissagree with the topic but I disagree withthe assumptions that you guys are making against me. no one is playing the victim. And it isnt abotu talking sense into me. I am more than entitled to feel how I feel like you all are. it isn't about sense. Who are you to decide what is sense and what isn't. I am not upset that you guys share different opions. i am upset because of the unwanted way of expressing it and accusing me of being "North Korea" or a communist. that is just not needed. And if you do not understand that then I don't know what else to tell you. When i ended my post I did apologies if it came off agressive because I know people take shit the wrong way. But oh no not silko. Can't post anything withotu being a smartass about it.

Edit: LOL at all my typos lol

KazuhLLL
06-07-2013, 01:35 PM
*Ahem*

Thanks!
-FC Management

Silko
06-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Um you silko are the one being rude. Just like you all I am entitled to my opinions. It isn't that I dissagree with the topic but I disagree withthe assumptions that you guys are making against me. no one is playing the victim. And it isnt abotu talking sense into me. I am more than entitled to feel how I feel like you all are. it isn't about sense. Who are you to decide what is sense and what isn't. I am not upset that you guys share different opions. i am upset because of the unwanted way of expressing it and accusing me of being "North Korea" or a communist. that is just not needed. And if you do not understand that then I don't know what else to tell you. When i ended my post I did apologies if it came off agressive because I know people take shit the wrong way. But oh no not silko. Can't post anything withotu being a smartass about it.

Edit: LOL at all my typos lol

Thanks!
-FC Management

Pretty sure that was a personal attack after a mod said for everyone to behave. Just saying

Coda
06-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Serious question. Our freedoms are being attacked in numerous levels, when is it ok for us as a society to start killing our government officials to get then back? Our government is a product of an armed revolution and in not saying now is the time but when is?

That's actually a pretty interesting question. Government surveillance is a good thing, in my opinion. But I don't think things like Kinect should be used as observation devices. People should be safe in their own home. I also think that the government should be able to see phone calls and stuff like that, but they'd need something like a search warrant to be able to. Finding terrorists and murderers is good. Listening to everything? Nope. Not good at all. If things got too bad, I'd definitely support a movement and rebellion against a government like that. I don't know enough to say when that would be, though.

Specact
06-07-2013, 01:38 PM

Exactly. I don't want to say anything about armed revolution but when do we as a people say enough and take some sort of stand. When do we stop having our Constitutional rights continuously violated. When do we stand up to a Government that does not represent nor care for our best interests.

xXReiBearXx
06-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Pretty sure that was a personal attack after a mod said for everyone to behave. Just saying

Was in proccess of typing that during the time that the mod posted but ok ban me. Got my point across.

Silko
06-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Was in proccess of typing that during the time that the mod posted but ok ban me. Got my point across.

That point being fuck the Constitution then yes you where very clear

xXReiBearXx
06-07-2013, 01:45 PM

never said that but ok. was more like fuck the government but ok whatever. Cause many people agree that our government makes bad calls. Just saying. And now who keeps disobeying the mod?

Coda
06-07-2013, 01:45 PM

Enough. I don't want to hand out bans

I don't want to have to lock this thread. It has potential for an intelligent conversation.

Specact
06-07-2013, 01:51 PM
never said that but ok. was more like fuck the government but ok whatever. Cause many people agree that our government makes bad calls. Just saying. And now who keeps disobeying the mod?

Our government makes many bad calls on a daily basis. Which is exactly why they shouldn't be trusted with that kind of information. And that is not even taking into account that it is against the Constitution and everything this country was founded upon.

Silko
06-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Our government makes many bad calls on a daily basis. Which is exactly why they shouldn't be trusted with that kind of information. And that is not even taking into account that it is against the Constitution and everything this country was founded upon.

xXReiBearXx
06-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Our government makes many bad calls on a daily basis. Which is exactly why they shouldn't be trusted with that kind of information. And that is not even taking into account that it is against the Constitution and everything this country was founded upon. I guess I can understand that. And I know it's against the constitution. I mean it makes me mad but the government does what it wants. Least that is how I view it. And unless every single american stands up against it they're just going to keep doing it. Again my view. But meh

Specact
06-07-2013, 02:13 PM
I guess I can understand that. And I know it's against the constitution. I mean it makes me mad but the government does what it wants. Least that is how I view it. And unless every single american stands up against it they're just going to keep doing it. Again my view. But meh

On average a revolution has around 12% of the population actively supporting it. Only 40% supported the American Revolution.

xXReiBearXx
06-07-2013, 02:21 PM
On average a revolution has around 12% of the population actively supporting it. Only 40% supported the American Revolution.

I say we overthrow the government and legalize weed so everyone can smoke and be happy lol

ThatAwkardGuy
06-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Ehh...I don't care if they monitor me. But where are my rights?!

RetRdidMunkie
06-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Jeezus H. Christ.
Why even talk of revolution when your vote holds just as much power?
People do have power to make changes. If a politician does some dumb shit, vote in someone else who won't do dumb shit, or vote in someone who will change the dumb shit.
A simple threat to a politician's career can produce major changes in their policies and ideals they support.

JIMI HENRIX
06-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Look, Rie, im not attacking you, but this country was founded on a set of ideals, one of which being that we will not until our dieing breath let the government do what ever it wishes. I don't care if you accept it but if you want to be like them then take it to britain where they accept what the government does. But our founding fathers left a country and started an entire war over that attitude, so why don't we show some respect for what they and our troops fight and die for.

As for the intelligence in this descussion, yes the governent crosses lines every single day, but we as a people have to stand up, weither it's simply voting them out of office, or starting a revolution. The time may not be now, but one day, we may have to start another revolution. I pray to god that we as a people will ditch the ignorance and stand up, but I am truly affraid that we will not. As someone said before, what are the opnions of how far is too far?

- - - Updated - - -

Jeezus H. Christ.
Why even talk of revolution when your vote holds just as much power?
People do have power to make changes. If a politician does some dumb shit, vote in someone else who won't do dumb shit, or vote in someone who will change the dumb shit.
A simple threat to a politician's career can produce major changes in their policies and ideals they support.

I completely agree, but we need someone whe will acknowledge the existance of corruption like this a that will be completely transparent in fixing it. Remember, what a politician says they believe and says they will do doesn't mean thats what they believe or will do.

Specact
06-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Look, Rie, im not attacking you, but this country was founded on a set of ideals, one of which being that we will not until our dieing breath let the government do what ever it wishes. I don't care if you accept it but if you want to be like them then take it to britain where they accept what the government does. But our founding fathers left a country and started an entire war over that attitude, so why don't we show some respect for what they and our troops fight and die for.

As for the intelligence in this descussion, yes the governent crosses lines every single day, but we as a people have to stand up, weither it's simply voting them out of office, or starting a revolution. The time may not be now, but one day, we may have to start another revolution. I pray to god that we as a people will ditch the ignorance and stand up, but I am truly affraid that we will not. As someone said before, what are the opnions of how far is too far?

- - - Updated - - -

I completely agree, but we need someone whe will acknowledge the existance of corruption like this a that will be completely transparent in fixing it. Remember, what a politician says they believe and says they will do doesn't mean thats what they believe or will do.

Not to mention many people in this most recent election voted for Romney because they did not like Obama or for Obama because they did not like Romney. We should not be forced to vote for a lesser of two evils or because I dislike the other candidate. And it is entirely absurd that it is happening. People should have a candidate they can be behind 100% and have faith in them. Instead we are given hand picked candidates for us that are basically puppets.

xXReiBearXx
06-07-2013, 02:55 PM

First thank you for being civil with this comment. I understand the constitution and our rights. My attitude as you stated does not reflect this country as a whole. No matter what the choices made there will be people who will agree and dissagree people who fight and people who do not. There are people who fight to protect our rights and people who do not contribute at all. America is all about free choice. Free speech. I dont feel like they are monitoring us personally. I feel as if they are monitoring looking for specific things. People who try to harm our people. I don't think my opinion and attitude isnt goung to do any harm.

JIMI HENRIX
06-07-2013, 03:01 PM
First thank you for being civil with this comment. I understand the constitution and our rights. My attitude as you stated does not reflect this country as a whole. No matter what the choices made there will be people who will agree and dissagree people who fight and people who do not. There are people who fight to protect our rights and people who do not contribute at all. America is all about free choice. Free speech. I dont feel like they are monitoring us personally. I feel as if they are monitoring looking for specific things. People who try to harm our people. I don't think my opinion and attitude isnt goung to do any harm.

You are very welcome, I understand where you are comming from and with your most recent clearification, yes they could be doing just that. However i do not believe our government is creddible enough to have that kind of power and use it justly.

xXReiBearXx
06-07-2013, 03:06 PM
You are very welcome, I understand where you are comming from and with your most recent clearification, yes they could be doing just that. However i do not believe our government is creddible enough to have that kind of power and use it justly.
I think if they communicated with us better then maybe people would be more comfortable. Ok monitor the web if you want but at least be honest about the details. Let us know why and what.

JIMI HENRIX
06-07-2013, 03:22 PM
After all, the internet is technacally the governments creation and is now public. Furthermore, everything public is as discribed, "public". Just like walking down the street, or in a shopping center, you are subject to being tapped on security cameras and we trust that the owners of those cameras are not abusing the power of having them. However those videos are privite. Or people videoing out in public, they can not make the fottage public. Now, they are not entitaled to your data, and do not have your concent to view it without having a warrent or other legal means. Now if it were a transparent program with public detals and being completely honest and were being used for the right reasons, it could be a good progam, however our current government has the reputation of abusing privlidges such as the access to this data. This is where the big problem comes in, we can't trust them when they treat this progam as a classified object, and with their history of abusing their power.

Nicholas Sapien
06-07-2013, 03:31 PM

I figured that they were doing this for decades

lol I just read all of your posts, no flaming k?

-Nick

KazuhLLL
06-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Related news:

US government invokes special privilege to stop scrutiny of data mining
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/07/us-government-special-privilege-scrutiny-data

Maxdoggy
06-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Related news:

US government invokes special privilege to stop scrutiny of data mining
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/07/us-government-special-privilege-scrutiny-data

Well that's just freakin' awesome...

Spartanbh
06-08-2013, 01:19 PM

Maxdoggy
06-08-2013, 09:01 PM
President Obama ordered a "cyber attack target list": http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/07/obama-ordered-cyber-attack-target-list/

The Director of National Defense has released more info to clear up some "inaccuracies": http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/08/director-of-national-intelligence-prism-declassified/

Zeta Crossfire
06-08-2013, 10:14 PM
We had a debate this debate after one of my Poly Sci class with a few people and it's left me uneasy. I really don't know what the boiling point is and what would happen when we get there. Do we rally? Do we vote people out of office? Do attack government property? As a person who has only wanted to work in politics to help people I've made a lot of friends in the Oregon's capital and a lot of people there are good people. How do you tell apart the people who are trying to serve the public and people who aren't? And what do you do if the most damning people are thousand miles away? In Oregon I can vote people out as much as I want but I don't have the power to vote people out of office on the other side of the country. These questions have been racking my brain all day and I seriously don't know what I can do and it really does scares me.

THExSPIDERMAN
06-09-2013, 01:57 AM
They wouldn't be doing this for our safety. They would do it to control us. I doubt most terrorists use Verizon.

Say you have political views that the government doesn't like. They could look through everything you've posted and use it to bribe you. If you don't have anything to hide, they'll give you something to hide. They could make it look like you accessed CP and have you arrested.

People of the same political group would hear about things like that happening and leave the group. Those who remained would be easy targets.

Many countries have done things similar to this to control the people. Soviet Russia, Facist Germany.

All I know is that I'm going to put duct tape over the kinect camera when I'm not playing with it lol.

Tl;Dr Fuck communism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=298Cw3_qGwE

Spattan177
06-09-2013, 02:46 AM
so are they able to read this right now? im still a little confused.

Fuzzy
06-09-2013, 04:03 PM

MedeDust
06-09-2013, 04:30 PM
IDC if I want to tell some guy in Turkey that I received his package, and I get my door broken down, they'll look stupid cause it'll be a collectible toy car.

RetRdidMunkie
06-10-2013, 01:10 AM
IDC if I want to tell some guy in Turkey that I received his package, and I get my door broken down, they'll look stupid cause it'll be a collectible toy car.
Now, if they find out about the midgets we've been sneaking in for the midget rodeo, we'd have problems..

Maxdoggy
07-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Oh reddit, you so funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55D-ybnYQSs