PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft's E3 Press Cconference: First Reactions

RaZ Vader
06-10-2013, 02:54 PM
I have about 10 minutes before I walk out my front door for work, so forgive me for making this to the point. But, I wanted to get it out their, and hear everyone's reaction. (maybe I'll edit this and tackle everything later)

GAMES
A lot of game trailers were shown. Yeah, and Halo is obviously coming back. RYSE, looks great. Idk what else to really say. I mean, We have seen a lot of this stuff before, but in older generations.

I will move right to the hardware, and Xbox Live Experience.

Hardware & Xbox Live stuff
A lot of unanswered questions? or Is this confirmed somewhere else? Always Online? Can't play my single player campaigns if I lose internet connection? I can't borrow my friend's games? $499?

Kinect will have to be used? Headsets??? No Headset?

All of that seems a bit negative for me.

I do like that their is no limit on friends anymore, but how is that going to work? I like the game recording software, and editor.

But that is all I really liked. I await Sony's Press Conference. But, I am unimpressed with Microsoft's conference.

THExSPIDERMAN
06-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Project Spark looked amazing. And that halo 5 trailer made it seem like the chief was going rogue.

MedeDust
06-10-2013, 02:59 PM
I have about 10 minutes before I walk out my front door for work, so forgive me for making this to the point. But, I wanted to get it out their, and hear everyone's reaction. (maybe I'll edit this and tackle everything later)

GAMES
A lot of game trailers were shown. Yeah, and Halo is obviously coming back. RYSE, looks great. Idk what else to really say. I mean, We have seen a lot of this stuff before, but in older generations.

I will move right to the hardware, and Xbox Live Experience.

Hardware & Xbox Live stuff
A lot of unanswered questions? or Is this confirmed somewhere else? Always Online? Can't play my single player campaigns if I lose internet connection? I can't borrow my friend's games? $499?

Kinect will have to be used? Headsets??? No Headset?

All of that seems a bit negative for me.

I do like that their is no limit on friends anymore, but how is that going to work? I like the game recording software, and editor.

But that is all I really liked. I await Sony's Press Conference. But, I am unimpressed with Microsoft's conference.

Only like 2-3 games were truly original, Halo actually got me a bit excited, I mean if we're expecting an old Halo experience then just stop cause it was stated plenty of times that it's something new, and for me it's a lot better than most games now.

And the always online was and all of those questions were answered already pre-E3

But yes the conference was disappointing.

VerbotenDonkey
06-10-2013, 03:05 PM
The Xbox One tech questions would have been provided at the actual Xbox One reveal, E3 is mainly for showing off games (although some cool features like the Twitch partnership were announced at E3).

Titanfall looked pretty cool, Halo announcement was too much of a teaser :( Didn't show off Halo Bootcamp either. Project Spark looked amazing I'm really pumped for that. It looked like a more advanced Little Big Planet for Xbox.

bazongaman502
06-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Still Jizzing from it. I dont see how its was a disappointment. It showed everything they said it would. Let alone, E3 isn't over yet. More things will be announced this entire week. PS4 is in a situation where they have to stand out yet again, because as of right now, in my opinion, Xbox One is the lead dog now.

Specact
06-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Still hasn't changed my mind. I'll be using that $499 for PC parts instead.

BlazeTokayuma
06-10-2013, 03:40 PM
The XBOX conference wasn't all that great to me. Halo 5 was an unexpected surprise to me, but that cloak. And the always on thing I still don't understand. Although 2 free games a month I like very much so.

Jam Cliché
06-10-2013, 03:42 PM
The Halo 5 trailer with the cloak was purely for fucking with us. Just put a cloak over the Chief so no one knows what the fuck is up until his helmet came out.

BlazeTokayuma
06-10-2013, 03:50 PM
The Halo 5 trailer with the cloak was purely for fucking with us. Just put a cloak over the Chief so no one knows what the fuck is up until his helmet came out.

Just that cloak. XD There is that Forerunner Phoenix thing to worry about also.

Fiery Grave
06-10-2013, 03:58 PM

The second i got a good look at the hand i knew it was the cheif... also the trailer screamed Halo 3 reveal trailer reference from the start of it.

I was really hoping the Battlefeild 4 fuck up was intentional and mirrors edge would start plays as they revealed mirrors edge 2... that would have been cool.

Project spark and dead rising are the games that blew me away... and forza 5... not a racing game fan but shit son... they was still pretty cool.

The being online once every 24 hrs thing i have a feeling has been blow way out of proportion... Like what your xbox is just suddenly not going to work if you haven't connected to the internet for 24 hrs? I doubt it... it makes little sense to do that... but even still how often are most of us not online while playing games? I just use the appear offline feature when i do not wish to be disturbed

And they said games are going to have game licenses tied to accounts (you can transfer a license to somebody else every 4 months or something like that)... I Imagine if you go to your friends house and want to play a game you brought with you you'll just have to sign into your account there... not really a big deal when your account is supposed to be tied to you as a person with this console... its something you can have anywhere (phone/smartglass stuff).

and head sets will always be a thing no way they are going to not have them as an open mic just picks up too much background noise.

VerbotenDonkey
06-10-2013, 03:59 PM

I don't know, I think we can view it as something else. SPOILERS.

SPOILERS.

If anyone finished Spartan Ops, Halsey has left the UNSC and is working with the rogue Covenant now. Maybe Chief found out and defected as well and is using the cloak as a cover? Although he's like 7 foot or so so I'm guessing they could tell that its not a nomad or anything lol. It could also be symbolic of him being a lone traveler now that Cortana is gone. IDK Maybe I'm looking too much into it.

bazongaman502
06-10-2013, 04:09 PM
I don't know, I think we can view it as something else. SPOILERS.

SPOILERS.

If anyone finished Spartan Ops, Halsey has left the UNSC and is working with the rogue Covenant now. Maybe Chief found out and defected as well and is using the cloak as a cover? Although he's like 7 foot or so so I'm guessing they could tell that its not a nomad or anything lol. It could also be symbolic of him being a lone traveler now that Cortana is gone. IDK Maybe I'm looking too much into it.

Adam Kovick from Machinima even said he expects Cheif to follow Halsey in attempt to get her to help/save cortana

fearfulpenguin
06-10-2013, 04:13 PM
I would agree that some parts were boring and just blah, blah, cloud this, cloud that BUT as for the games sign me up for dead rising 3, im not much of a mech game fan but mother of pearl that titanfall gameplay got me going in the right places ;) and idk but i think it would be pretty bad ass if master chief went rogue and did his own thing and probably what people have been saying is trying to get cortana back since he still has her chip. i also could see me spending countless hours getting lost in project spark lol creating new ways to beat the levels each time

and almost forgot mother f-ing killer instinct is back say whaaaa

Zeta Crossfire
06-10-2013, 04:14 PM
I actually thought that was their best conference since they first played the Halo 2 demo on stage. it was just one game after another and I don't think there was a game shown that I didn't like. Well done microsoft, looks like I'm saving money for a Xbox One now.

Maxdoggy
06-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Quinn, Halo Bootcamp was the codename for Halo: Spartan Assault.

RaZ, those questions about being always online have already been answered. Google search them or search them on Major Nelson's website.

I wasn't blown away, per se, but I'll definitely be getting the Xbox One.

Can't wait for Destiny tonight at the PS4 conference though.

JamiDJ
06-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Can't wait for Destiny tonight at the PS4 conference though.

This!

Silko
06-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Don't care saw battlefront