PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One vs PS4

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Juggernaut9473
08-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Xbox One and Xbox 360 users cannot voice-chat cross-consoles. http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/12/4615482/xbox-one-and-xbox-360-users-cant-voice-chat-across-platforms

:facepalm:

Maxdoggy
08-12-2013, 07:45 PM
:facepalm:

Text messaging works fine, but because of the different audio codecs + technobabble + pushing people to get Xbox One's, voice chat won't work cross-system.

Maxdoggy
08-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Update via Microsoft spokespeople about the 180 on Kinect: http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-wont-actually-need-kinect-plugged-in-microso-1113142909?utm_campaign=S ocialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

UPDATE: A Microsoft spokesman has answered a couple of our questions:

Can games that use Kinect for supplemental features and commands still be played without Kinect, or will any game that uses Kinect at *all* need the Kinect plugged in?

If Kinect is only used to enable supplemental features in a particular title, then you will still be able to play that game if Kinect is unplugged. Games where Kinect is required – like “Kinect Sports Rivals,” for example – will of course need the sensor to be plugged in.

Does Microsoft still have no intentions of selling a Kinect-free bundle?

Though we’ve changed this requirement, Kinect is still an essential and integrated part of the Xbox One platform. By having it as a consistent part of every Xbox One, game and entertainment creators can build experiences that assume the availability of voice, gesture and natural sensing, leading to unrivaled ease of use, premium experiences and interactivity for consumers. We also strongly believe that once you try the all-new Kinect and the game and entertainment experiences it enhances or enables, you won’t want to use your Xbox One without it.

And here's Microsoft senior exec Albert Penello, posting on NeoGAF about the flip. (Bolded emphasis mine)

We still believe in Kinect. We aren’t interested in splitting the development base. The more demos I’ve seen, the more I’ve used it – the more impressed I am. The team feels strongly about Kinect, and I hope we’re able to prove that when you use it.

We also have a ton of privacy settings to allow people to turn off the camera, or microphones, or put it in a state just for “Xbox On” and IR blasting – there will be a lot of user control for that.

The thing we all understood, and hence this change, is that there are some scenarios where people just may not be comfortable. We wanted people to be 100% comfortable, so we allow the sensor to be unplugged. And clearly the “it dropped” scenario is possible.

The most obvious thing is watching a DVD/BD, or streaming a movie, or HDMI pass-through, your experience isn’t impacted (except you miss voice and IR blasting)

There is no “gotcha”, but obviously, if there is a game that REQUIRES Kinect (like Rivals), or something where Kinect IS the experience (like Skype), those won’t work.

That said, for people who have privacy concerns there are user control settings, which we believe are great.

Juggernaut9473
08-12-2013, 07:59 PM
so many 180's

Fiery Grave
08-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Wow this is some crazy reversal. Now lower the price, sell me a version without kinect and I'll me all over that day 1 edition.

that wont happen, they want the kenict to be something a devloper can assume every player has, and even if that player doesn't use it it allows them to get it into the game instead of being stopped so that it doesn't get the "better with kinect" sticker which has show to drop sales of a game as some people wont buy it if it uses kenict

also this

Does Microsoft still have no intentions of selling a Kinect-free bundle?

"Though we’ve changed this requirement, Kinect is still an essential and integrated part of the Xbox One platform. By having it as a consistent part of every Xbox One, game and entertainment creators can build experiences that assume the availability of voice, gesture and natural sensing, leading to unrivaled ease of use, premium experiences and interactivity for consumers. We also strongly believe that once you try the all-new Kinect and the game and entertainment experiences it enhances or enables, you won’t want to use your Xbox One without it."

so many 180's

people complained so much, and even though pre sale orders were beating PS4 for a while they realized people cannot see the reasoning for some of their decisions as they affect the development side a lot more than player side

Asseroya
08-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Man, the Xbox One had so much potential, but people started whining like bitches and now what we have is a box filled with undigested crap.

Maxdoggy
08-23-2013, 06:07 PM
New hands-on and in-depth video of the Xbox One controller:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG0L_xJfFro

Maxdoggy
08-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Ten Reasons To Love The Xbox One Operating System (Including hints at new features): http://www.gamespot.com/gamescom/ten-reasons-to-love-the-xbox-one-operating-system-6413655/

A White Xbox One is the only Xbox One I Want....and I can't haz it. :(
http://kotaku.com/this-white-xbox-one-sure-is-snazzy-too-bad-its-only-f-1202479119?utm_campaign=S ocialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Maxdoggy
08-26-2013, 11:53 PM
Pulling a move out of Sony's playbook of waiting-for-the-competition-to-make-an-announcement-before-finalizing-your-own-details, the Xbox One could be releasing November 8th - a full week ahead of the PS4 - if a Walmart leak is to be believed.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-might-be-out-on-november-8-1204282442?utm_campaign=S ocialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Boom goes the dynamite?

A release date before November 19th actually might make sense as "Watch_Dogs" isn't listed as a "Launch Title" for the Xbox One. I hate to trust Walmart, but the 8th could be the release date!

EDIT:

Best argument about getting the Xbox One ever from Kotaku:

Xbox One:
1. Can play used Xbox One Games
2. Doesn't require a Playstation Plus account for online multiplayer

PS4:
1. Cannot play used Xbox One Games
2. Requires a Playstation Plus account for online multiplayer.

The choice is obvious.

KazuhLLL
08-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Pulling a move out of Sony's playbook of waiting-for-the-competition-to-make-an-announcement-before-finalizing-your-own-details, the Xbox One could be releasing November 8th - a full week ahead of the PS4 - if a Walmart leak is to be believed.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-might-be-out-on-november-8-1204282442?utm_campaign=S ocialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Boom goes the dynamite?

A release date before November 19th actually might make sense as "Watch_Dogs" isn't listed as a "Launch Title" for the Xbox One. I hate to trust Walmart, but the 8th could be the release date!

EDIT:

If that's true, watch Sony PS4 stock "accidentally" leak the same day xD

Juggernaut9473
08-27-2013, 09:59 AM

Boom goes the dynamite?

EDIT:

please please please let it be true and have microsoft give sony a giant FUCK YOU

Maxdoggy
09-03-2013, 09:33 PM
The CPU of the Xbox One got a 150MHz boost and is now in full production!
http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/3/4691770/xbox-one-cpu-gets-150-mhz-boost-console-in-full-production

RaZ Vader
09-14-2013, 03:05 PM
didn't see this posted anywhere, but here is an overhead shot of the 2 new controllers for each console to display their sizes. I'll see if I can get more angels!

http://www.gamechup.com/dualshock-4-has-a-deceptively-large-size-side-by-side-comparison/

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2013/06/25/ps4-xbox-one-controllers_0.jpg

Jam Cliché
09-14-2013, 03:37 PM
I wish the XB1 controller wasn't so fuck ugly.

Maxdoggy
09-14-2013, 05:21 PM
I wish the XB1 controller wasn't so fuck ugly.
Both of them look like retarded aliens. Lmao.

Guzzie
09-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Both of them look like retarded aliens. Lmao.
It's all about the feel.

Maxdoggy
09-14-2013, 07:29 PM
It's all about the feel.

First of all: Insert Sex Joke Here.

Second of all: I agree.

RaZ Vader
09-14-2013, 09:26 PM
First of all: Insert Sex Joke Here.

Second of all: I agree.

Also Agree. I have not heard anything really negative about any of them, so many people are praising the new dualshock however. They are saying that it is a very high improvement. Here is what normal gamers like you and me think about both of them. (well the ones that had money to go to pax or gamescom)

http://kotaku.com/have-you-already-played-a-next-gen-console-1242821449

^Check out the comments

Maxdoggy
09-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Xbox One allows for 1,000 friends, allows you to mark "favorited friends", and allows you to follow other people online a la Twitter (so you can stalk JackP from RoosterTeeth if you so wish w/o being on his friends list.

http://www.xbox360achievements.o rg/news/news-16193-Xbox-One-Has-a-Twitter-like-Followers-System--New-Gamerpics-Revealed.html?utm_source= dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Maxdoggy
09-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Microsoft apparently is working on a counter to PS4's Gaikai streaming service.

Microsoft shows Halo 4 running on PC, Windows Phone streaming from cloud http://sbn.to/1fJUnhm

Zeta Crossfire
09-30-2013, 06:24 PM
Battlefield 4 hype? God damn I can't stop watching those Gameplay videos.

Maxdoggy
10-29-2013, 08:59 AM
To add more fuel to the proverbial fire: Battlefield 4 on PS4 vs. Xbox One.

http://kotaku.com/battlefield-4-on-ps4-vs-battlefield-4-on-xbox-one-1453889917?utm_campaign=S ocialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lspjyu31Joo

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-pc-face-off-preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XqWRACk2zY

Zeta Crossfire
11-04-2013, 04:25 PM
The more information that comes out on the Xbox one the less I want to get it, so much so I cancelled my Xbox One pre-order. With confirmation that COD runs at 720p compared to the PlayStation, I feel like this might be telling on this console years down the line. Not sure what I'm getting for 100 dollars more, and it looks like PSN will be nearly if not on par as Xbox live. Also PlayStation Plus is amazing, worth it more then Games for gold.

Just not sure anymore, I'll buy a Xbox One for Halo 5 but I don't think I'll get it before then. (unless titan fall is somehow god like)

Maxdoggy
11-04-2013, 05:23 PM
The more information that comes out on the Xbox one the less I want to get it, so much so I cancelled my Xbox One pre-order. With confirmation that COD runs at 720p compared to the PlayStation, I feel like this might be telling on this console years down the line. Not sure what I'm getting for 100 dollars more, and it looks like PSN will be nearly if not on par as Xbox live. Also PlayStation Plus is amazing, worth it more then Games for gold.

Just not sure anymore, I'll buy a Xbox One for Halo 5 but I don't think I'll get it before then. (unless titan fall is somehow god like)

If you're that worried about specs for a machine that no one even has yet, build a PC.

Looks like you found your excuse, is all that I'm saying.

I shall very much enjoy my Day One edition of the Xbox One and the great games that will be out for it. It's all about the games and if the games are good. Graphics is just icing on the cake.

The average user won't be able to tell any difference between the platforms, and as developers finally learn how to use the technology and leverage its assets better, games will be running in native 1080p in 60fps on both consoles.

But whatever floats your boat, bro. It's your money. Not mine.

Zeta Crossfire
11-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Yeah the more I look at it PlayStation plus is what drives me to Ps4. My girlfriend had so many free great games on her PlayStation its crazy.

Jam Cliché
11-04-2013, 05:35 PM
If you're that worried about specs for a machine that no one even has yet, build a PC.

Looks like you found your excuse, is all that I'm saying.

I shall very much enjoy my Day One edition of the Xbox One and the great games that will be out for it. It's all about the games and if the games are good. Graphics is just icing on the cake.

The average user won't be able to tell any difference between the platforms, and as developers finally learn how to use the technology and leverage its assets better, games will be running in native 1080p in 60fps on both consoles.

But whatever floats your boat, bro. It's your money. Not mine.

Agreed. I can't even tell the different in the above videos beyond different types of lensflare and some lighting. FFS I want good games. Graphics can eat my asshole.

JEWmanji
11-04-2013, 08:22 PM
I'll be getting the Xbox one at somepoint i can't stand playstaion controllers and ya playstation plus gives you lots of free games but who know if they still will with the Ps4 or not and i'd rather not pay for xbl and playstation plus when i know i'll use my xbl more even if i did get a ps4... i'm just not a fan of how playstation is set up and personally i could give a rats ass about which on looks better either way the games will look a hell of a lot better than they do now and all the games i want are either coming out for both or just xbox.

Zeta Crossfire
11-04-2013, 08:59 PM
It's not as much about graphics as it is about emergin for me. When games are developed for PS3 first there are less pop up issue that I've been then for Xbox. More powerful hardware to me means it keeps me more emerged into the game. Also the COD guys said they had to sacrifice the looks for frame rate, I hope this issue gets better, but long term if PS4 can do that out of the gate and Xbox can't I wonder what other sacrifices they will have to make.

Also PS+ will continue onto PS4 with free games coming out day one and the month after. God already got so many free games on my Vita that I almost never need to buy games again, considering that the games they give out are usually good.

Maxdoggy
11-04-2013, 09:11 PM
I've never seen someone spell "immersion" as "emergin" before. I suppose it makes sense, but lol.

And I think with the CoD/Xbox thing it was more of "Microsoft got the drivers out late and we didn't know how much RAM we were going to have available for textures/other stuff b/c MS was behind in getting their shit together" than "it's not possible on the Xbox One".

KazuhLLL
11-04-2013, 09:26 PM
I'm just going to quote this reddit post since it pretty much sums up my thoughts on the CoD thing perfectly:

Read: "eSRAM was the issue."

PS4 was more straight-forward. Sony gambled and got lucky with the 8 GB GDDR5. That's all there is to it. Microsoft took the safe route and went with DDR3 so that they could get the capacity they needed and had to compensate for the bandwidth differential by using eSRAM.

But I also don't believe Rubin when he says it wasn't a lack of effort. Yes it was. It's a port that has a hard street date. It wouldn't make much sense financially to put more effort into it to reach 1080p 60 fps. There's nothing special about that old ass engine that can't be run at 1080p 60 fps on Xbox One. Their definition of "optimization" was dropping the resolution to get the frame rate they wanted. Shit, it probably runs at 90 fps on Xbox One but they locked it to 60.

When you're rushing a game out the door, dropping the resolution is a quick and dirty way of getting to 60 fps.

-kr0tchr0t (http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1pvj8v/xbox_one_resolutiongate_c all_of_duty_ghosts_dev/cd6i0c5)

V3N0M_SIERRA
11-15-2013, 05:45 AM
having owned both ps3 and xbox 360, i liked ps3 but i love my xbox, besides xbox has halo, and forza.

edit; the build of both these new systems is pretty close, the first games for new consoles almost never meet the full potential of the system; take halo or the uncharted series, the latest one looks amazing compared to previous titles

Breezy
11-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Best not to get the xbox one because new consoles can sometimes be defective. That's what happen when i bought my xbox 360 on the day it came out. Malfunctioned after 3 months of play. So that's why i am waiting until the price goes down and everything is settled for the xbox one.

V3N0M_SIERRA
11-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Best not to get the xbox one because new consoles can sometimes be defective. That's what happen when i bought my xbox 360 on the day it came out. Malfunctioned after 3 months of play. So that's why i am waiting until the price goes down and everything is settled for the xbox one. i agree with mugsy, dont want a day one rrod console

Andimion
11-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Fact: Both The Xbox 360 and the PS3 was shipped day 1 with defects that caused it to malfunction.

Fact2: PS4 has already been confirmed to have defects causing it to malfunction, no doubt XboxOne will as well

Pick the console based on your gaming desire, everything else is just something that will effect that experience.

I for 1 am getting the XboxOne for several reasons, regardless of my friends going PS4 and all the possibilities I may come across with this console. I am because all of the games I want other then the dual part games that are for both consoles, and the exclusives I desire hit in the XboxOne more then the PS4. Look everything up and do your own research, make the appropriate decision based on the information you gather yourself. Dont let someone elses boycot have any effect on your decision where your money goes.

Silko
11-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Fact: Both The Xbox 360 and the PS3 was shipped day 1 with defects that caused it to malfunction.

Fact2: PS4 has already been confirmed to have defects causing it to malfunction, no doubt XboxOne will as well

Pick the console based on your gaming desire, everything else is just something that will effect that experience.

I for 1 am getting the XboxOne for several reasons, regardless of my friends going PS4 and all the possibilities I may come across with this console. I am because all of the games I want other then the dual part games that are for both consoles, and the exclusives I desire hit in the XboxOne more then the PS4.

Exact reasons why I will be getting the X1 over the PS4. I also dislike Sony so I try my best not to give them my money

Blackhawk570
11-16-2013, 06:27 PM

I for 1 am getting the XboxOne for several reasons, regardless of my friends going PS4 and all the possibilities I may come across with this console. I am because all of the games I want other then the dual part games that are for both consoles, and the exclusives I desire hit in the XboxOne more then the PS4. Look everything up and do your own research, make the appropriate decision based on the information you gather yourself. Dont let someone elses boycot have any effect on your decision where your money goes.

Ahem Brother

JEWmanji
11-16-2013, 07:18 PM

Couldn't have said it any better

AbnormallyLilith
11-16-2013, 10:01 PM

damn right

Anthuknee
11-17-2013, 01:32 AM

Next Redd FM

On Topic:
Getting myself an Xbox One

bl4yze
11-17-2013, 02:12 AM
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1366/45/1366453500131.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

nvm, im getting a PS4
http://www.destructoid.com/system-seller-pornhub-pledges-to-fully-support-the-ps4-265807.phtml

RaZ Vader
11-17-2013, 04:38 AM
Im loving ps4 so far. Can't wait to get x1 next year.

Relapsive
11-17-2013, 10:14 AM
nvm, im getting a PS4
http://www.destructoid.com/system-seller-pornhub-pledges-to-fully-support-the-ps4-265807.phtml

Would it tell other people your watching porn? :D

HighLight
11-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Would it tell other people your watching porn? :D

I would only hope so.

Blackhawk570
06-09-2014, 02:13 PM
ROUND 2?

Silko
06-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Master Chief Collection anyone?

Zeta Crossfire
06-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Buying an xbox one within the month.

Silko
06-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Buying an xbox one within the month.

I'll see you there man.

Graycochea
06-09-2014, 03:21 PM
When it comes to the X1, Microsoft just lit a fire under my ass.

Barry Soap
06-09-2014, 03:32 PM
When it comes to the X1, Microsoft just lit a fire under my ass.

Lol is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Maxdoggy
06-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Microsoft fucking knocked it out of the park with their conference.

Sony is gonna have to show off some amazing shit to come close to that.

KazuhLLL
06-09-2014, 04:38 PM
$60 for all four games :panda:

Blackhawk570
06-09-2014, 11:47 PM
When it comes down to Xbox vs PS4 this year really it is all about what you like. On both sides there are really no big exclusive games that are dropping unlike last E3 which was Titanfall. I personally am really excited for the Halo Master Chief Collection. I never got to play the multiplayers of the old halos on xbox live so it will be fun. I really want the Ratchet and Clank collection on the PS4 though, so I am kind of upset about not having a PS4 because of that. Other games I am personally excited for is Project Spark, Tomb Raider, and The Division. Idk if Sunset Overdrive has actually pushed me away from that game after watching some gameplay. I love insomniac games so I am hoping this game will be good.