PDA

View Full Version : Holidays and Battle Nights

xXReiBearXx
06-13-2013, 09:55 AM
I don't know if it has been suggested and if it has I apologies for the post.

If a holiday falls on battle night why not have battle night a day before or after? At my job when we have days off for holiday's that fall on a sunday we get that monday off...also companies that do deliveries and pick ups for my job will come a day after their sceduled if a holiday occurs that requires our place to be closed on a monday. Just a thought.

Nicholas Sapien
06-13-2013, 10:14 AM
not a lot of people will come to the other day, cause they won't know when battles are
and even if you tell them, they'll bring up some excuse and say "I thought battles were this sunday? D: "
Besides a lot of people still work on saturday and stuff, so they might not be able to come

xXReiBearXx
06-13-2013, 10:47 AM
not a lot of people will come to the other day, cause they won't know when battles are
and even if you tell them, they'll bring up some excuse and say "I thought battles were this sunday? D: "
Besides a lot of people still work on saturday and stuff, so they might not be able to come

Doesn't have to be just on a saturday. Could be on Monday. I mean it is a better option for those who are complaining about cancelling or peopel complaining that they can't be there because of holidays. This here would make it so everyone can be happy. I think people can make it on a monday.

bazongaman502
06-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Lets use Mothers day for example. We just canceled it. We can't do it monday since not everyone is able to get that day off. But a Saturday for a holiday like that? Yeah, I can agree. BLUE really shouldn't be hurt by battles on saturdays every once in a while since they have BLUE scrimishes that day. As long as attendence can be stable, I don't see it as a problem really. Good Idea.

KazuhLLL
06-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Lets use Mothers day for example. We just canceled it. We can't do it monday since not everyone is able to get that day off. But a Saturday for a holiday like that? Yeah, I can agree. BLUE really shouldn't be hurt by battles on saturdays every once in a while since they have BLUE scrimishes that day. As long as attendence can be stable, I don't see it as a problem really. Good Idea.

We get maybe a third of the turnout on Saturdays as opposed to Sundays. Honestly we would be more likely to have a better turnout on a Sunday with a holiday than a Saturday (or Monday) without one.

xXReiBearXx
06-13-2013, 12:53 PM
We get maybe a third of the turnout on Saturdays as opposed to Sundays. Honestly we would be more likely to have a better turnout on a Sunday with a holiday than a Saturday (or Monday) without one.

To be honest it's not like people are spending the day and night on a minor holiday. like if xmas was on a sunday that is different because more major holiday's people actually travel and take time off to spend time with family. I think on a minor holiday like mother's and father's day battle nights should be the night before. Or after....which ever works for most lol

VerbotenDonkey
06-13-2013, 01:33 PM
To be honest it's not like people are spending the day and night on a minor holiday. like if xmas was on a sunday that is different because more major holiday's people actually travel and take time off to spend time with family. I think on a minor holiday like mother's and father's day battle nights should be the night before. Or after....which ever works for most lol

Most people said they cannot make it though.