PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One will eventually run the way Steam does?!

Al Capone111
06-13-2013, 11:16 PM
The last few days have been nothing but a big circlejerk of hate for Microsoft and the X1. Especially on Reddit. But I present this for everyones consideration.

http://www.neowin.net/news/anonymous-xbox-engineer-explains-drm-and-microsofts-xbox-one-intentions

I ordered my X1 yesterday, and I'm happy as hell.

RaZ Vader
06-14-2013, 12:42 AM
It is an interesting read. But until I hear better deals like Steam deals. I'm not budging on my soon to be ps4 purchase. I still can't wait for PS4. At this point. Its about my money & that silly kinect lol.

Fiery Grave
06-14-2013, 01:25 AM
It is an interesting read. But until I hear better deals like Steam deals. I'm not budging on my soon to be ps4 purchase. I still can't wait for PS4. At this point. Its about my money & that silly kinect lol.

You really hate that kinect don't you? even tough you can just point it at the wall and never touch it.

Deals wont be instant. they have to prove to Publishers that this will work... I bet by 2015 there will be a difference of 10-15$ in physical games and 15-20$ in digital... i wouldn't be surprised if steam started working on the X1... Steam was going to put out the "Steam box" as their own console and the suddenly decided not to without much explanation... maybe MS is why... maybe they are working on something... you never know with valve

KillerGUNNY132
06-14-2013, 01:43 AM
You really hate that kinect don't you? even tough you can just point it at the wall and never touch it.

Deals wont be instant. they have to prove to Publishers that this will work... I bet by 2015 there will be a difference of 10-15$ in physical games and 15-20$ in digital... i wouldn't be surprised if steam started working on the X1... Steam was going to put out the "Steam box" as their own console and the suddenly decided not to without much explanation... maybe MS is why... maybe they are working on something... you never know with valve

I don't know about the Steam integration part.

I always heard that Gabe Newell really dislikes consoles and dislikes the Xbox much, much more than the Playstation. Doesn't the PS3 already have some sort of Steam feature?

But I do like the idea of X1 going the way of Steam. It's a great service and it would be awesome if that came to the home console.

RaZ Vader
06-14-2013, 02:06 AM
I do hate Kinect. Which is why I am not getting the X1. Because I will not pay for something I won't use. Thats mainly it. I think I have said that enough.

But yes. I like the idea of the steam concept. We will have to wait and see what happens.

Fiery Grave
06-14-2013, 02:35 AM
I don't know about the Steam integration part.

I always heard that Gabe Newell really dislikes consoles and dislikes the Xbox much, much more than the Playstation. Doesn't the PS3 already have some sort of Steam feature?

But I do like the idea of X1 going the way of Steam. It's a great service and it would be awesome if that came to the home console.

Gabe HATES PS3 thats why it took forever for a Valve game to come out on the PS3... its was like what 4 or 5 years into PS3 life before they saw one... He doesn't mind the xbox thats why games come out for it, but didn't like how their practices were going so he didn't support the games the same way as with steam (though they are obviously changing those)

I do hate Kinect. Which is why I am not getting the X1. Because I will not pay for something I won't use. Thats mainly it. I think I have said that enough.

But yes. I like the idea of the steam concept. We will have to wait and see what happens.

you never said why you hate it

bazongaman502
06-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Its the way of the future, and Microsoft and XB1 are advancing into it. PS4 is still trying to catch up to today XD lol

Al Capone111
06-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Its the way of the future, and Microsoft and XB1 are advancing into it. PS4 is still trying to catch up to today XD lol

The X1 I think is the long term system. In a few years new games I'm will drop in price on the X1, both disc based and digital. Is it perfect? No but give it a year or two and people will love it. I could see some level of Steam integration in the future. If the digital market takes off on the X1 GabeN might approach MS about it. And then he launches the Half-Life anthology on the X1, with HL3 on the same day it comes to PC.

The PS4 is the short term system. Prices likely will stay at the $60 most of its life.