PDA

View Full Version : Games that everyone loves but you don't

Zandril
06-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Hello gentlemen/ladies/transvestites

I am curious as to what games you guys do not like/get but everyone else seems to love.

For me, it's Call of Duty (I'm sure a lot of people would back me up on this one.) and Guitar Hero.

I play a little guitar myself but I just can't seem to learn how to play Guitar Hero right.

The Final Fantasy games that are turn-based also bored me a little.

Juggernaut9473
06-23-2013, 11:38 AM
i despise COD

Spartanbh
06-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Gears of War
Mass Effect
Guitar Hero/Rock Band, any game with that shyte music stuff
Legend of Zelda games (don't really hate them, but I have no interest whatsoever in them, and yet I own several XD)
Final Fantasy
Madden
FIFA

Nicholas Sapien
06-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Legend of Zelda games (don't really hate them, but I have no interest whatsoever in them, and yet I own several XD)

something must be wrong with you

riphelix
06-23-2013, 01:43 PM

something must be wrong with you

Seriously wrong.

Anarchy
06-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Halo SWAT

silversleek
06-23-2013, 02:08 PM
oblivion/skyrim

Zeta Crossfire
06-23-2013, 02:30 PM
I really don't understand the love of Half Life 1 or 2. Just never could get into them.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
06-23-2013, 02:51 PM
GTA, the only one I really liked was San Andreas. All the other ones bored me or the controls just didnt sit right with me.

Mass Effect 2 & 3, I loved 1. #1 was essentially a sci-fi RPG. 2&3 were both third person shooters with almost all the RPG elements removed. I only play 2&3 for the story.

Andimion
06-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Spartan doesn't like LoZ?! I don't want to live on this planet any longer.. * holds collection close*

Sports games Racing games shit games. All garbage.

Spartanbh
06-23-2013, 02:56 PM
I collect Zelda games for my Nintendo collection, but that's about it. I rarely have any interest in playing them, ESPECIALLY OCARINA OF TIME AND MAJORA'S MASK =P. I don't care too much for the Metroid series either.

KazuhLLL
06-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Mass Effect
Final Fantasy
Madden
FIFA

Halo SWAT

Sports games Racing games shit games. All garbage.

^All of that.

And also Assassin's Creed.

Nicholas Sapien
06-23-2013, 03:09 PM
I collect Zelda games for my Nintendo collection, but that's about it. I rarely have any interest in playing them, ESPECIALLY OCARINA OF TIME AND MAJORA'S MASK =P. I don't care too much for the Metroid series either.

you have made an enemy of mankind, prepare your anus

Platinum
06-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Half Life, Zelda, and Starfox.

My favorites have to be Call of Duty, Kinect Sports, and baby maker.

zZ Dr K Zz
06-23-2013, 03:53 PM
I really don't understand the love of Half Life 1 or 2. Just never could get into them.
I think it's really not how good the game is. It's how those games defined the FPS genre and pretty much every game after that is a clone of those games or takes something from the Half-Life series.

Alpha Protocol. Possibly the only game that has ever made me feel like an actual spy, such a fun game!

Blackhawk570
06-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Viva Pinata despite everyone loving this game I am not too fond of it.

purple gamer 17
06-23-2013, 04:28 PM
baby maker.

fearfulpenguin
06-23-2013, 04:52 PM
might get some enemies for this but i never understood what was soo great about bioshock or mass effect and I too cannot stand the cod games

Fiery Grave
06-23-2013, 05:39 PM
I dislike zelda games i play for 20 mins get bored and wasted my money

Alienatedwaffle
06-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Cod

/Thread

- - - Updated - - -

Cod

/Thread

RetRdidMunkie
06-23-2013, 06:12 PM
I hate all of you so much.
So very much.

JEWmanji
06-23-2013, 09:46 PM
GTA, any sport game, kingdom hearts, team fortress, and i wasn't the biggest fan of half life one or two

MedeDust
06-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Halo 2

Choca Cola
06-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Halo 4, COD, Mario games, and any sport game.(I just can't do er' capn''.)

VerbotenDonkey
06-23-2013, 11:25 PM

We can never be friends.

Graycochea
06-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Not sure if this thread is troll...

... or if world really isn't worth living in anymore.

Seriously though, how could anyone not like HL, ME, or Zelda? That's brought my whole world crashing down. My life is officially a lie. Personally though, I don't like any Rockstar game, especially RDR or GTA.

Fiery Grave
06-24-2013, 12:48 AM
Not sure if this thread is troll...

... or if world really isn't worth living in anymore.

Seriously though, how could anyone not like HL, ME, or Zelda? That's brought my whole world crashing down. My life is officially a lie. Personally though, I don't like any Rockstar game, especially RDR or GTA.

because honestly the story is weird and not that interesting, the premise makes no sense in most of the games... and the game play mechanics are kinda slow... so unless you played zelda games as a kid your probably not going to be fond of them as an adult

Andimion
06-24-2013, 06:19 AM
I've played Zelda since I was 5 years old and ventured into my neighbours house unannounced. Sat down in front of their TV and just killed stuff.. Eventually I beat the game, 4 years after I started killin stuff. Lol and so began my adventure into LoZ. I'm 23 now and I sport LoZ fandom daily..

On a side note... I've lost faith in all humanity.. THE GREAT PURGE IS AT HAND! YEE ZELDA HATERS WILL BURN FOR YOUR DISBELIEFES! ALL WILL FALL, ALL WILL BURN.

xXReiBearXx
06-24-2013, 06:25 AM
I am a big fan of Metal Gear! That is why I am super happy that the new Metal Gear is coming out for xbox also. I can't really say there are games I dislike. As much as I enjoy the halo franchise I really can't stand playing multi player haha Ironic since I am in FC I know. I mean I do enjoy playing with people online but I don't enjoy getting my ass kicked nearly all the time haha

Graycochea
06-24-2013, 07:15 AM
I've played Zelda since I was 5 years old and ventured into my neighbours house unannounced. Sat down in front of their TV and just killed stuff.. Eventually I beat the game, 4 years after I started killin stuff. Lol and so began my adventure into LoZ. I'm 23 now and I sport LoZ fandom daily..

On a side note... I've lost faith in all humanity.. THE GREAT PURGE IS AT HAND! YEE ZELDA HATERS WILL BURN FOR YOUR DISBELIEFES! ALL WILL FALL, ALL WILL BURN.

Give this guy a medal. I'll help you with the Great Purge.

Fiery Grave
06-24-2013, 01:07 PM

Think about someone who never played it as a kid... imagine how boring these games would be when there is no nostalgia and no previous story story or attachment to the characters.

xXReiBearXx
06-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Think about someone who never played it as a kid... imagine how boring these games would be when there is no nostalgia and no previous story story or attachment to the characters.

You don't need to have played it as a kid to enjoy it. I mean technically speaking the newer versions don't have much to do with the old school storyline...Like the windwaker was a completely different Link. Like an alternate universe....but I will agree that they are missing out on the epic glory that we old folks remmeber lol

Fiery Grave
06-24-2013, 01:30 PM
You don't need to have played it as a kid to enjoy it. I mean technically speaking the newer versions don't have much to do with the old school storyline...Like the windwaker was a completely different Link. Like an alternate universe....but I will agree that they are missing out on the epic glory that we old folks remmeber lol

Its not necessarily story... its the characters... we don't already care about link, zelda or gannon... so when a little fairy and a talking tree go "You must save the princess" my brain goes why? its quite obviously ruining links current life... and then the game also goes on forever about controls even though its "press x button around stuff". Also there is a lot of dialogue at the start that is hard to get through

Yehsus
06-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Call of duty mulitiplayer (great campaigns though)

Oblivion
Pokemon
Any Zelda/Mario game. In fact anything on the sega/Nintendo.
Racing games
Halo 3
SWAT in all other halo games.

Choca Cola
06-24-2013, 02:18 PM
http://www.picresize.com/images/rsz_man_pointing_at_self_ bw.jpg You may wish you could have when you were younger, but you can still find the games fun, even the older ones.

Lol its James
06-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Skyrim. I can't stand it

Andimion
06-24-2013, 04:26 PM
and hence forth this thread was littered with trolls and people who dont list games they like so we can understand with out hating on them for their hate..

I absolutely loved all 3 Elderscrolls, Skyrim more then the others mostly cause of the huge advancement in graphics (which was obvious given the new age in tech) but Dragons was my fav part. But suffice to say, Im a sucker for a storyline that makes me imagine myself in the boots of the main character.. Im a huge RPG fan, cause the lives of the character were a great escape from my own personal life.

I can understand for you guys who dont like LoZ cause you werent brought up with it. With the games we have today, itd be hard to go back and play games that were the linear/predictable/simple. It really is as Fiery says, its hard to invest yourself in those games when youve tasted the nowadays games. But why in gods name wouldnt you enjoy ME(up to the ending of ME3, god help EA).. Or SKYIRM?! Like I cant rap my head around it.. All I can think of, is you wouldnt like it because sooooo many people like it and youre some kind of hipsterkid.. But why the fuck would you not like a game just cause other people like it.. Play games for your own personal enjoyment..

Spartanbh
06-24-2013, 04:40 PM
I can understand for you guys who dont like LoZ cause you werent brought up with it

Funny this is...I was brought up with Zelda XD. I played them, but I could just never wrap my head around the story. Same thing with the Metroid series, they were a little to farfetched for my liking, and yet I could handle the intricacies of Pokemon at the age of 6! Growing up before I had a Gamecube and experienced 007 and Medal of Honor games, I preferred the simple yet loveable story lines of Super Mario and Pokemon, that was about it. The only actual "war" game I ever played back on my N64 was Starfox XD. Aside from Elder Scrolls, I could just not get into the Medieval-esque game play of LoZ. I wasn't big into Sci-fi games until HALO, and even still aside from HALO and Star Wars, I still don't care for much extreme sci-fi like Mass Effect. I'm not doubting that their stories are amazing, but I personally don't find the joy in them. HALO is my #1 true love, regardless of gameplay, and it's like no Sci-fi game can match it, excluding the Star Wars universe of course.

Andimion
06-24-2013, 05:00 PM
I 100% agree Spartan. I love Halo so much.....

Graycochea
06-24-2013, 06:49 PM
linear/predictable/simple

I'm starting to doubt you even played the Ocarina of Time. I still haven't beaten it.

Naw, I'm remembering its difficulty from when I was a young'un. I could probably knock it out in a few days now. I really haven't beaten it though, my N64 broke before I could.