PDA

View Full Version : Describe your Halo

Coda
06-26-2013, 05:05 PM
When the next Halo game comes out, whether it's Halo 5 or not, people will be thrilled, and disappointed. But here in FC, we have tons of different Halo fans. Now, I will give you all a task... create your ideal halo. Here's some things you should include

Protagonist? Is it The Chief? An ODST?
Time frame
Graphics
Types of enemies
What the story will be
How does the story tie into the current Halo story?
Is it still a First Person Shooter?
Assuming your Halo has a similar multiplayer system, what are the gametypes?
What will the MJOLNIR look like?
What platform? Xbox One? PC? Why is that?
How will you make money from the game?
Who is this game aimed at? Who do you want to buy it?
How will you advertise for it?
How much will the game cost?

These are just guidelines. You don't have to include all of these, but you should include most of these. Feel free to add more, too.

Andimion
06-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Too much to even type..... blaaahhh

Fiery Grave
06-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Halo 2 with better graphics... in a fashion similar to halo anniversary

bazongaman502
06-26-2013, 05:15 PM
-Protagonist? Is it The Chief? An ODST? Chief
-Time frame? <5 years after Halo 4
-Graphics Flip Book
-Types of enemies Same as Halo 4... however, UNSC added as well.
-What the story will be Chief going rouge to find Halsey to get her to try to save Cortana (Face it, Cortanas story isn't over)
-How does the story tie into the current Halo story? Cortana "died". Chief still wants to save her.
-Is it still a First Person Shooter? Nope, a flip book.
-Assuming your Halo has a similar multiplayer system, what are the gametypes? Same as usual.
-What will the MJOLNIR look like? Cleaned up version of Halo 4s
-What platform? Xbox One? PC? Why is that? Xbox One. Its a Xbox Exclusive owned by Microsoft. They will not allow it to go to anyone else. Ported to PC many years later though.
-How will you make money from the game? Making Gargoyle and UNLUCKY NUM13ER my hoes and sell them on the corner.
-Who is this game aimed at? Who do you want to buy it? Devoted Halo fans only. Im not targeting a new audience.
-How will you advertise for it? E3, PAX Prime/East/and the other.
-How much will the game cost? $50

HighLight
06-26-2013, 05:29 PM
I just want a multiplayer that actually takes skill to be good at.

silversleek
06-26-2013, 05:48 PM
the entire game will be nothing but a flood firefight mode, 20$.

Graycochea
06-26-2013, 11:47 PM
I think Bazonga is the only one who understood the purpose of this exercise.

THExSPIDERMAN
06-27-2013, 09:56 AM
I just want sprint, armor abilities, flinch, and all that forerunner shit taken out.

Guzzie
06-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Protagonist: The Chief

Time Frame: Sometime after Halo 4. I wanna see the story continued.

Graphics: Next Generation graphics (Xbox One at its best)

Types of enemies: Would not mind to see the return of some old enemies, but I would love to see some spartan vs spartan conflict. Something happens that causes the Chief to fight spartan IVs, and Chief ends up proving why he is a BAMF and why spartan IVs are pussies (if you know about how Chief's spartan program differs from spartan IVs).

What the story will be: I think the logical way to take it would be to be related to the recovery of Cortana, but I feel like that would be a halt in the progression of the story. I would like to see Cortana be a priority, but also a secondary plot going along with the latter.

How does the story tie into the current story: A continuation of the current.
Is it still a first person shooter: Yes

What are the gametypes: More of what we are used to seeing, but definitely playlists that cater to every sort of gamer (competitive and casual). I was not a fan of how Throwdown was thrown into the mix months after the Halo 4's release. I want something competitive at launch.

What will the MJOLNIR look like: There has been a great progression in the Chief's armor through every Halo game. A re-imagining of the current would be great.

What platform: Xbox One.

How will you make money from the game: Not sure I understand this question. If you are referring to the in-game point system, like the credits Halo 4 currently uses, then more of the same would be great. You get points from playing games.

Who is this game aimed at: Both long time Halo story fans (via campaign, spartan ops, etc) and those who want a great competitive experience experience through multiplayer.

How will you advertise for it: E3, PAX, Youtube, TV Commercials, etc.

How much will the game cost: Whatever the current game costs are. Based on what we know so far about next Gen consoles, the game should be $60.

Other:

-The return of multiple people in a theater lobby.
-A ranking system similar to Halo 3, but a bit more difficult to rank up in it. Also, fixing being level locked.
-Highly customizable custom games (sprint on/off, weapon tuning, and other features that could be done with action replay back in the day).
-Forging to be improved. Would love to see a way to make maps on your computer and somehow import them to your xbox. Would provide a high level of craftsmanship into user created maps.
-Being able to see what the score of a game was after the game is done. I don't play with a calculator bro.
-Take everything that was great about every Halo game and use it. Everything that was bad, and discard it. Improve upon those things, toss next gen graphics into the game, add a great story, and you got yourself an awesome next Halo.

Cheers.

Carpe Vexillum
06-27-2013, 12:56 PM
I had to think about this for a while, being a game designer myself this is tough. I wanted to post when I first saw it but I took the time to think. Barring all of my personal taste, and all of my rage at getting killed a specific way. Every Halo game I have played up to date has been fun and what I see in each is:

*Fun and colorful FPS Gameplay
*A story driven universe full of rich characters and unlimited possibilities
*A multiplayer that is unique and ever changing
*New features that support the evolution of gaming

With that being said and we are talking about a modern GAME, not some deranged multiplayer vision. My ideal Halo is one where they continue to do what they are doing, and maybe adding it to the PC platform. Halo has evolved to make battles more diverse and interesting, from all of the weapons, to the loadouts and packages: I mean that's what Halo multiplayer is about right? Battles, not quick encounters like COD or BF. As for anything in the story department, that is the only reason why I have bought all of the games opening night. They story has always been solid and this newest game is no different. The games so far have played well and have been fun. I trust them to keep it that way.

Coda
06-27-2013, 11:28 PM
How will you make money from the game: Not sure I understand this question. If you are referring to the in-game point system, like the credits Halo 4 currently uses, then more of the same would be great. You get points from playing games.

By this I mean how will you make money instead of lose it? Obviously creating, and advertising for a game costs a lot of money. Why will people buy this game? How would you make sure you make money from this?

Juggernaut9473
06-28-2013, 07:50 AM
By this I mean how will you make money instead of lose it? Obviously creating, and advertising for a game costs a lot of money. Why will people buy this game? How would you make sure you make money from this?

Its halo. The game sells consoles on its own lol

xxXENOPIRATExx
06-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Protagonist? Is it The Chief? An ODST?: The Arbiter
Time frame: Set after the end of the Human-Covenant War in 2553
Graphics: Same as Halo 4
Types of enemies: Brutes, disparate Sangheili factions,
What the story will be: The heated situation on Sanghelios escalated in March 2553, when 'Vadam's enemies, united under the banner of the Servants of the Abiding Truth, launched an all-out attack on the state of Vadam, specifically targeting the Vadam keep. Despite Avu Med 'Telcam's ship being shot down early in the battle, reinforcements soon arrived to attack the Vadam keep. The Arbiter was caught off guard and as his own reinforcements failed to arrive on time, he reluctantly accepted the UNSC's help in fending off the attackers. The UNSC Infinity decimated the rebel forces while the UNSC Port Stanley posed as a Kig-Yar pirate ship and covertly destroyed some of 'Vadam's ships, leaving the Arbiter with a Pyrrhic victory. After the battle, Thel 'Vadam was in talks to visit the UNSC Infinity, a ship more powerful than any human ship during the Human-Covenant War.
How does the story tie into the current Halo story?: Ties into the book Halo: Glasslands but before halo 4
Is it still a First Person Shooter?: yes
Assuming your Halo has a similar multiplayer system, what are the gametypes?: all the gametypes from halo 3, reach, and 4
What will the MJOLNIR look like?: Mark V. In addition, a variant that was specifically developed for SPECWAR/Group Three; the Mark V.
[B]What platform? Xbox One? PC? Why is that?: Xbox One. because halo is a xbox exclusive.
How will you make money from the game?: Selling different body parts from fireteam nova.
Who is this game aimed at? Who do you want to buy it?: the game is aimed at halo fans. duh
How will you advertise for it?: Jesus
How much will the game cost?: $39.99

Spattan177
06-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Protagonist(s): Lance Corporal Mason, Reth'Chal (skirmisher) both in spec-ops teams
Time frame: 2611
Graphics: whatever Halo 6 has to offer.
Types of enemies: Covenant (Loyalist and heretic) UNSC (remember the "mule" from reach? well they aren't there, I was just asking.) =P
Story: The human covenant war has re-ignited. the chief is MIA, providing the covenant a massive moral boost, to compensate the loss of the chief the UNSC created the PHANTOM program. the program consists of (far) less extreme SPARTAN augmentations, endless/sleepless hours of combat training, vehicle training human/covenant, guerilla tactics. to counter this and maintain covenant moral the LEGACY program went live, LEGACY consists 98% of Kig-Yar, (many literally enslaved to the program) the other 2% consists of Sangheili (voluntarily joined) legacy training consists mostly of stealth combat and vehicular training. a lost Forerunner installation has been discovered, both PHANTOM and LEGACY are desperate to take control and learn the secrets of the installation.
How does it tie into the current halo story line? human-covenant war, forerunner tech, forerunner installation. simple as that.
still an FPS? yes and no, can be toggled into FPS and TPS, right/left hand can be toggled to see around whatever corner.
Gametypes: CTF, Slayer (team and solo) assault, mini-slayer! :D Invasion, regicide, firefight, (now with UNSC enemies) wolfpack, (kind of like AC3's) Spartan op's (only more marine/covenant flavored.) and VIP.
MJOLNIR appearance: No mjolnir, marine PHANTOM armor, largely customizable, with shields around x2 as strong as the SPI suit. LEGACY suit with shields as strong as reach elite officer shielding.
what system will it be for? XBOX one, well all my friends are on live, HALO is microsoft owned, and xbox is my fav. system. selling it at major retailers, Gamestop, Wal-Mart, all that stuff. halo players, shooter fans, people who like to have a lot of control over their character.
how much is the game priced? 50$