PDA

View Full Version : Cube World

VerbotenDonkey
07-08-2013, 11:05 PM
https://picroma.com/cubeworld

So I found this awesome game, it's like a mix of Pokemon, World of Warcraft, and Minecraft. And I want people to play it with. It's currently in Alpha and I think it costs to play it, but it looks pretty cool and I'm in to supporting some cool Indie games like this. So if you're interested. Yeah. Let's play.

PS I call Wizard Heals.

Shibbeh shows it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofuvXOA0pQM

Jam Cliché
07-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Soooo... it's not out yet?

VerbotenDonkey
07-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Soooo... it's not out yet?

Updated the OP because I made this topic within seconds of finding out about the game and I knew nothing about it lol.

It's currently in Alpha stage and I think it costs money to buy into the Alpha. Right now registration is down because they're having maintenance errors but I'm into helping out Indie games and it looks really fun.

Mythonian
07-08-2013, 11:12 PM
It's in Open Alpha right now. You can buy it (similar to how Minecraft started), and over time they will finish the game and add new features. Basically it's like a pre-order except you can already play it.

EDIT: They have been getting DDoS attacked, which is why you can't purchase the game at the moment. They've been working on it for a few days, and I've been waiting to be able to get my hands on it. xD

Maxdoggy
07-08-2013, 11:13 PM
It's out, but it's currently down due to DDoS attacks. Some people suspect that some haters that don't like that Cube World is visually like Minecraft are trying to destroy this indie developer.

VerbotenDonkey
07-08-2013, 11:16 PM
It's out, but it's currently down due to DDoS attacks. Some people suspect that some haters that don't like that Cube World is visually like Minecraft are trying to destroy this indie developer.

Honestly, that's the first thing I thought of when I read the update about the DDoS. :/ This game has been in the making for several years so while it's possible he probably took some inspiration from it, honestly it's not that big a deal. I think it looks great.

Mythonian
07-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Honestly, that's the first thing I thought of when I read the update about the DDoS. :/ This game has been in the making for several years so while it's possible he probably took some inspiration from it, honestly it's not that big a deal. I think it looks great.

He did take inspiration:

I'm Wollay, the creator of Cube World. I started this game in June 2011 as a hobby project. My inspirations were Minecraft, Zelda, Secret of Mana, Monster Hunter, Diablo, World of Warcraft and many more. My aim was to create an infinite, colorful, procedurally generated world, full of adventures, monsters, and mysteries. The result is Cube World, a voxel-based role-playing game.

Spattan177
07-09-2013, 12:17 AM
im going to have to get this someday.

VerbotenDonkey
07-11-2013, 01:59 AM
So I tried to create an account a few times tonight and at 1:45 AM EST it finally worked for me. Will download in the morning and play after work. :)

Mythonian
07-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Buy it while you can! https://picroma.com/buycubeworld

VerbotenDonkey
07-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Yeah I played it a bit this morning. It was really epic! Only, most the monsters seemed a lot tougher than I, I couldnt' seem to find out if they had levels or not but it took 2 health potions to keep myself alive before I could kill one. And all the mobs seemed to be in groups of 3 or so, it was hard to find one alone.

It would be REALLY fun in a group, I could tell. I was rolling mage, so if we had a warrior and ranger, and maybe even rogue, that would be epic.

EDIT: Its just the accounts thing thats DDoS'd. Once you make your account, you're golden.

Mythonian
07-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Yeah I played it a bit this morning. It was really epic! Only, most the monsters seemed a lot tougher than I, I couldnt' seem to find out if they had levels or not but it took 2 health potions to keep myself alive before I could kill one. And all the mobs seemed to be in groups of 3 or so, it was hard to find one alone.

It would be REALLY fun in a group, I could tell. I was rolling mage, so if we had a warrior and ranger, and maybe even rogue, that would be epic.

EDIT: Its just the accounts thing thats DDoS'd. Once you make your account, you're golden.

Would definitely be better in a group. Someone should try setting up a server sometime soon.

This wiki is very useful: http://wiki.cubeworldforum.org/

About monsters, just got this on the wiki:
http://gyazo.com/a53485f220fdd1c932a096c31 d2c5d21.png
So at low levels it'd be best not t

VerbotenDonkey
07-11-2013, 07:01 PM
xD And here I thought blue meant friendly NPCs and red meant enemy xD No wonder, I was attacking red named ones. Shoulda read the wiki before playing xD Didn't have much time before work though.

I'm definitely down for it though. The alpha costs $20 but I think its worth it, this game is definitely going places. I got the Water Mage/Healer down for the group.

Mythonian
07-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Friendly NPCs have a name above what race they are, and if you try attacking them nothing happens. They will also help you out in a fight if they see you fighting enemies nearby.

I got the Ranger for the group.

VerbotenDonkey
07-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Let me know when you get it Myth. :)

Mythonian
07-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Let me know when you get it Myth. :)

Oh, I have it. Actually got it last night but never got around to posting it. What I said in the last two posts were stuff that I figured out after playing for a bit.

VerbotenDonkey
07-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Oh, I have it. Actually got it last night but never got around to posting it. What I said in the last two posts were stuff that I figured out after playing for a bit.

Oh! xD Up for playing now?

Spattan177
07-12-2013, 01:10 AM
got it this afternoon :D

VerbotenDonkey
07-12-2013, 01:14 AM
got it this afternoon :D

Myth and I were playing tonight. He's a 45 Ranger and I'm an 11 Mage now. You should be a Warrior cause we need one xD

Spattan177
07-12-2013, 01:39 AM
ah, i'll start one tomorrow. and, would happen to know what pet chocolate cake would tame?

VerbotenDonkey
07-12-2013, 01:52 AM
ah, i'll start one tomorrow. and, would happen to know what pet chocolate cake would tame?

Okay! Myth works morning and I work evening though so I'm not sure we'll be playing tomorrow xD But yeah, do you use skype much? It's a lot easier to do a voice conversation than it is to type everything out.

And I do not, but if you check the wiki it has a list of all the known ones.

RahzVael
07-12-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm going to get this when I have the money to get it.

Mythonian
07-12-2013, 06:59 PM

Add me on Skype and we can play sometime!

Juggernaut9473
07-12-2013, 07:53 PM
i would get it, but i just payed for a minecraft server =P

KazuhLLL
07-13-2013, 05:31 AM
i would get it, but i just payed for a minecraft server =P

:D <3

IX Dr Doom XI
07-13-2013, 05:43 AM
I just got it as well, really fun game.

Nocte
07-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Does it work like Minecraft, or does it only have the block look?

- - - Updated - - -

Mythonian
07-13-2013, 05:46 PM
I just got it as well, really fun game.Add me on skype and we can play sometime. ;)

It's an adventure RPG, while Minecraft is a sandbox game. Think of survival Minecraft but times 9000, and without the mining/building. You adventure around instead of digging tunnels and building structures (although being able to build buildings is a planned feature to be added later).

Remember that it's an Alpha.

IX Dr Doom XI
07-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Add me on skype and we can play sometime. ;)

Done :)

Asseroya
07-25-2013, 04:57 AM
I have an Intel graphics card, so I got to wait until they make it possible to play with one.

VerbotenDonkey
06-30-2014, 10:55 PM
http://kotaku.com/watch-cube-worlds-new-quest-system-in-action-1598248106?utm_campaign=S ocialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Faceboo k&utm_medium=Socialflow

Anyone up for starting characters again and playing?

Mythonian
06-30-2014, 11:25 PM
http://kotaku.com/watch-cube-worlds-new-quest-system-in-action-1598248106?utm_campaign=S ocialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Faceboo k&utm_medium=Socialflow

From what I can tell that was a preview of things, but they haven't released an update with any of it though. Hopefully they release something in the next few weeks.

Blackhawk570
06-30-2014, 11:45 PM
jesus not this crap again cmon Myth this was like 8 years ago

VerbotenDonkey
06-30-2014, 11:58 PM
From what I can tell that was a preview of things, but they haven't released an update with any of it though. Hopefully they release something in the next few weeks.

Yeah thats unfortunate. Still waiting for the update.

Spattan177
07-01-2014, 12:15 AM

Yes. And for some reason sarge's forge world song invades my mind whenever I think cubeworld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpdPKWVQWEU