PDA

View Full Version : Convince me

RaZ Vader
07-09-2013, 10:35 AM
You all know that I have been all about the PS4 Lately, but I want to probably get the Xbox One, ONE day as well because of all of you here at FC, and if Halo peaks my interest again. Those are the only real reasons that I would get an Xbox. FC, XBL Friends, and Halo. Nothing else really matters, but maybe all of you can convince me or shed some light on some things that I may over-look.

Here is my current "beef" if you will with the Xbox and Microsoft.

It Ships with the Kinect. Most of you may already have one. We all know now how much I don't enjoy it. I also am not a fan on how it is Forced upon someone who wants the console. I have to keep it plugged in if I don't use it? Why? What is the reason to keep it plugged in? Does the Kinect have a power source to the Xbox Console itself. Most of you are going to accept the kinect though, so tell me why I should.
DRM has been reversed after only a week. Though many people on the net were happy, I did some research and saw what this could of been if they kept it. But, my problem now is how quickly they changed this policy. Why not stay true to their word? Seems a little shady too me.
So many un-answered questions that I can't find or am too stupid too see with this whole "Cloud Computing"
Value in the XBL. When Compared too the PSN. It does seem you get more out of becoming an PS+ Subscriber with new games every month to download. For example, last month Battlefield 3 was free.

So yes, that is my current beef. I am also skeptical on how little they discuss the so called "highlights" of their console. I just wish Microsoft would talk more about them, so I can justify getting one, one day. So much I don't know about this console yet.

Choca Cola
07-09-2013, 11:09 AM
What about the other games that will come out besides Halo? We will have exclusives on both sides of our new console war, and each will kick out some amazing games. It would be a first world shame to limit yourself to only a fraction of them if you (sort of) want the other console, and have the money to afford it.

bl4yze
07-09-2013, 11:17 AM
because me

xxXENOPIRATExx
07-09-2013, 11:18 AM
What about the other games that will come out besides Halo? We will have exclusives on both sides of our new console war, and each will kick out some amazing games. It would be a first world shame to limit yourself to only a fraction of them if you (sort of) want the other console, and have the money to afford it.

also, the thing about PS+ is if you don't have it anymore, the free games you get go with it. the xbox free games with gold system, if you run out of gold, you keep the games. get the xbox one because I will get it. best reason ever.

RaZ Vader
07-09-2013, 11:20 AM

the other exclusives on Xbox do not really perk my interest other than Halo. Titanfall is only a timed exclusive, and will be coming to PS4 eventually. RYSE, and Sunset overdrive do not really get me excited either. Halo is Xbox's only thing for me still in terms of video games that keep me somewhat interested in the next Xbox. If it wasn't for Halo, I would of been PC gaming or on the PS years ago. Amazing what one game can do for a console, even if the series is starting to feel dry. (like COD)

Sources:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-titanfall-tech-analysis
http://www.examiner.com/article/respawn-discusses-titanfall-ps4-release
http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/06/27/could-titanfall-eventually-come-to-the-ps4-also

- - - Updated - - -

also, the thing about PS+ is if you don't have it anymore, the free games you get go with it. the xbox free games with gold system, if you run out of gold, you keep the games. get the xbox one because I will get it. best reason ever.

now why on earth would I stop paying for the PS+ ? lol This doesn't concern me unless I was dirt poor. In that case, why the hell would I be getting a console?

xxXENOPIRATExx
07-09-2013, 11:28 AM
everything you need to know about xbox one: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/xbox-one-release-date-news-and-rumours-937167
everything you need to know about PS4: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gaming/consoles/ps4-release-date-news-and-features-937822
after you read those, then we will try to convince you.

Blackhawk570
07-09-2013, 11:33 AM
It Ships with the Kinect. Most of you may already have one. We all know now how much I don't enjoy it. I also am not a fan on how it is Forced upon someone who wants the console. I have to keep it plugged in if I don't use it? Why? What is the reason to keep it plugged in? Does the Kinect have a power source to the Xbox Console itself. Most of you are going to accept the kinect though, so tell me why I should.
DRM has been reversed after only a week. Though many people on the net were happy, I did some research and saw what this could of been if they kept it. But, my problem now is how quickly they changed this policy. Why not stay true to their word? Seems a little shady too me.
So many un-answered questions that I can't find or am too stupid too see with this whole "Cloud Computing"
Value in the XBL. When Compared too the PSN. It does seem you get more out of becoming an PS+ Subscriber with new games every month to download. For example, last month Battlefield 3 was free.

The Kinect thing is probably the only thing that is meh right now. Kinect will be implemented in more games and it enhance games a little bit depending on how they use the kinect. For Mass Effect 3 so far it was the best use of the kinect I have seen where you are able to control you squad mates with voice commands instead of pressing the Right Back Button which pauses the games and you select the skills manually. This speeds up gameplay and is an easier way to controlling your squadmates. What I don't want to see is the kinect replacing the controller which won't happen.

Microsoft had to basically reverse the DRM policy because of the bad marketing of their system. This is probably the only way to save their product because of the bad PR marketing by Microsoft. Microsoft won't try to screw you over and implement DRM after a couple of months after the console if you mean this by being sketchy. Microsoft would be done as a company if they did this basically going back on the their word, and just saying things to make you buy a product.

The Cloud computing thing is kind of still up in the air. Either way though the PS4 does not have anything like this so automatically Xbox One wins with this and if you want a better console for gaming the Xbox One beats the PS4 with this.

Xbox One gold membership gives you permanent free games while ps4 gives u a bunch for only a month at a time. Also it looks like there were 1-2 good titles with the games they are giving for the PS4 and the rest are indie games. Either way this shouldn't persuade your interest just consider this a bonus because these are games you should already have for your console and probably won't play.

Everything is clear about the ps4 and xbox one except the cloud computing thing with the X1. We need like an official response for cloud computing but don't expect this until like September probably. It could be out not possibly just that I didn't look into it.

The exclusives is what you should be looking at as of now. The PS4 has only a couple of good games going for them while X1 has about double that. The PS4 may have more exclusives with their indie games, but quality of quantity unless you want games like COD every year (fuck you cod).

xxXENOPIRATExx
07-09-2013, 11:38 AM
The Kinect thing is probably the only thing that is meh right now. Kinect will be implemented in more games and it enhance games a little bit depending on how they use the kinect. For Mass Effect 3 so far it was the best use of the kinect I have seen where you are able to control you squad mates with voice commands instead of pressing the Right Back Button which pauses the games and you select the skills manually. This speeds up gameplay and is an easier way to controlling your squadmates. What I don't want to see is the kinect replacing the controller which won't happen.

Microsoft had to basically reverse the DRM policy because of the bad marketing of their system. This is probably the only way to save their product because of the bad PR marketing by Microsoft. Microsoft won't try to screw you over and implement DRM after a couple of months after the console if you mean this by being sketchy. Microsoft would be done as a company if they did this basically going back on the their word, and just saying things to make you buy a product.

The Cloud computing thing is kind of still up in the air. Either way though the PS4 does not have anything like this so automatically Xbox One wins with this and if you want a better console for gaming the Xbox One beats the PS4 with this.

Xbox One gold membership gives you permanent free games while ps4 gives u a bunch for only a month at a time. Also it looks like there were 1-2 good titles with the games they are giving for the PS4 and the rest are indie games. Either way this shouldn't persuade your interest just consider this a bonus because these are games you should already have for your console and probably won't play.

Everything is clear about the ps4 and xbox one except the cloud computing thing with the X1. We need like an official response for cloud computing but don't expect this until like September probably. It could be out not possibly just that I didn't look into it.

The exclusives is what you should be looking at as of now. The PS4 has only a couple of good games going for them while X1 has about double that. The PS4 may have more exclusives with their indie games, but quality of quantity unless you want games like COD every year (fuck you cod).

this is by far the best argument I've ever seen for the X1.

Andimion
07-09-2013, 11:51 AM
It had me at Halo........ ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I'll also take this moment to say... I hate the connect and the huge possibility of privacy invasion it represents... So as to remedy the issue, I'll be blindfolding myself and printing out a large image of a big veiny dick and placing it in front of my connect. So if any privacy invading cunts seek to watch me and my GF bang, they only get the sounds and ill let the image do the rest of the talking.

Or when I'm playing Halo of course.. Nothing but dick for them to see.

RaZ Vader
07-09-2013, 11:55 AM
this is by far the best argument I've ever seen for the X1.

Not for me... lol A lot of stuff I knew, and Blackhawk, you keep those games if you have a PS+ You do not cycle through them every-month. Here is a complete list of free games you can get on the Playstation if your a PS+ member. Also, Xbox will be stopping the free games later this year, not sure if you will get anymore AAA titles for free from them after November hits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kapjaOOXEfY

http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/9154890398/

Juggernaut9473
07-09-2013, 12:26 PM
why do we need to convince you? it is your money raz, either you get it or you dont. i know im getting the x1 on day one and the ps4 sometime next year because there are games on both consoles that are exclusives that i love, as for the kinect i use my statement i heard a while ago...the only person weirder than the guy who plays xbox in only his underware for 18 hours is the guy who watches them...and there are options to turn the kinect off it just has to be connected

RaZ Vader
07-09-2013, 12:29 PM
why do we need to convince you? it is your money raz, either you get it or you dont. i know im getting the x1 on day one and the ps4 sometime next year because there are games on both consoles that are exclusives that i love, as for the kinect i use my statement i heard a while ago...the only person weirder than the guy who plays xbox in only his underware for 18 hours is the guy who watches them...and there are options to turn the kinect off it just has to be connected

I just want to feel reassured. Give me false hope lol But yeah, I don't really know. I guess I have to be more patient to see what is going to happen. Hoepfully another version of Xbox One will come out half way through next year, with better exclusives.

EagleOne
07-09-2013, 12:41 PM
The next Halo title doesn't come out until next year. That's probably when I'll get the console, I'm assuming they'll have a limited Halo edition of it, just like Halo 3, Halo Reach, and Halo 4. The Reach console is still my favorite, and with those Limited Edition Consoles, you get more (as in better parts on the inside (quality) and most likely more hard drive space.) That's my plan anyways. Playstation will always have a place in my heart, but they've never been as good as the titles they had for the original. ^_^

P.S. My hands are too big for Sony's controllers, The original Xbox controllers were perfect for me and Star Wars Battlefront. :P

Maxdoggy
07-09-2013, 12:47 PM
RaZ, if you're asking us to convince you it means that you want to be convinced and therefore in reality want the X1 first.

Now that you've realized this, can I close the thread? :P

RaZ Vader
07-09-2013, 01:00 PM
No. No. No. Yeah go ahead.

Silko
07-09-2013, 01:17 PM

RaZ, if you're asking us to convince you it means that you want to be convinced and therefore in reality want the X1 first.

Now that you've realized this, can I close the thread? :P

It is called wanting attention

VerbotenDonkey
07-09-2013, 01:34 PM

Fiery Grave
07-09-2013, 01:47 PM

why is it in that image they repeat points? the first two are the same thing and the 4th and 5th ones are the same thing?

Raz the kinect isn't such a bad thing, its up to you if you use it. but having it mandatory opens things up say your playing the next COD and some guy has the heart beat sensor (does that game still have that thing i dont even know) and instead of just having 1 heart beat for everyone the frequency it shows up can go off your real heart beat so if your calm and have a normal heart beat it shows up less than someone who is really pumped and has their heart racing... this is a way to use the kinect with out you even knowing your using it

Now thats just something i came up with off the top of my head and im not a creative guy, imagine developers being allowed to use this tool in new and creative ways. you may not like it at the start and have no use for it, but it allows the possibility of this amazing game to be made one that you may find to be your new favorite.

its giving the developers another tool, another option for their visions to come to life and shre those wiht the world... wether you experience those vision is up to you, but having it on all the consoles mean publishers have no reason to go "No, its a broader audience if we dont have kinect integration scrap it"

Also robbie if your that worried some one is going to be spying on you, you might as well do the same thing for any plugged in web cams (laptops too) and cameras on phones you have since its the exact same thing except it already happens and is easier for just anyone to get into those devices

KillerGUNNY132
07-09-2013, 02:00 PM
This doesn't feel like you want to be convinced Raz.

This feels like you just want to debate about the PS4 and X1.

Also, where are people getting that Titanfall is a timed exclusive? Has anyone ACTUALLY said that? Has Respawn ACTUALLY LEGIT ANNOUNCED that Titanfall is a timed exclusive and will eventually come to the PS4?

Because all Respawn has said that I've seen is that they haven't ruled it out. They havn't said "most likely coming to the PS4 in the near future" or anything close to that. They have said they haven't ruled it out.

But right now, Titanfall is an X1 exclusive.

RaZ Vader
07-10-2013, 12:34 AM
No I don't want attention. I just hate having my real life friends and my fc friends split. So I'll probably end up getting both. I just want to feel reassured throwing out another $500 maybe $400 if the price ever drops for a few exclusives and to hang with you fine gentlemen.

Fiery Grave
07-10-2013, 12:37 AM
No I don't want attention. I just hate having my real life friends and my fc friends split. So I'll probably end up getting both. I just want to feel reassured throwing out another $500 maybe $400 if the price ever drops for a few exclusives and to hang with you fine gentlemen.

Your torn i get it, a lot of people are in your shoes raz I just hope our responses give yo what your looking for

MedeDust
07-10-2013, 12:52 AM
If you can afford both, get both. If one of them doesn't satisfy you just sell it. Best advice I can give honestly.

Blackhawk570
07-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Not for me... lol A lot of stuff I knew, and Blackhawk, you keep those games if you have a PS+ You do not cycle through them every-month. Here is a complete list of free games you can get on the Playstation if your a PS+ member. Also, Xbox will be stopping the free games later this year, not sure if you will get anymore AAA titles for free from them after November hits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kapjaOOXEfY

http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/9154890398/

Well you won't be able to get those free games now, because they are only available for a certain amount of time, so you will slowly build your collection up once you start your playstation plus collection, but those games seem pretty good. But I also want to buy a new system to play new games so that is why the exclusives have single-handedly won my console choice. I want new games and Titanfall, ryse, sunset overdrive, project spark, and possibly quantum break has made me want the X1.

Also @Kratos

you can turn off the kinect but it has to be connected to the xbox and you live in canada so screw you.

Graycochea
07-12-2013, 02:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQJJXx-Ks70&list=PLB9B0CA00461BB187

Fiery Grave
07-12-2013, 10:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQJJXx-Ks70&list=PLB9B0CA00461BB187

that is so old dude.... it doesn't really apply here

Graycochea
07-14-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm just trying to help, plus I learned of Extra Credits two days ago.

- - - Updated - - -

*three, but that probably doesn't matter.

RaZ Vader
07-14-2013, 12:58 AM
I am probably going to get both if I can. PS4 first. Xbox One later, maybe I'll get their slim version after a year of release. (i really wish they stopped coming out with so many god damn versions of a console and stick with one).

I don't see how sony will do that. PS4 is the smallest of dem all!

I digress.. lol

KillerGUNNY132
07-14-2013, 01:15 AM
I am probably going to get both if I can. PS4 first. Xbox One later, maybe I'll get their slim version after a year of release. (i really wish they stopped coming out with so many god damn versions of a console and stick with one).

I don't see how sony will do that. PS4 is the smallest of dem all!

I digress.. lol

You'd be surprised.

RaZ Vader
07-14-2013, 01:28 AM
You'd be surprised.

one day, we will be playing on consoles the size of an iPhone 3

xxXENOPIRATExx
07-14-2013, 12:41 PM
one day, we will be playing on consoles the size of an iPhone 3

one day, we will have headsets that have the screen in front of our eyes. the console is the headset also.

Juggernaut9473
07-14-2013, 01:14 PM
one day our console will be inserted via cybernetics into our brain

MedeDust
07-14-2013, 01:35 PM
one day our console will be inserted via cybernetics into our brain
Well actually, the director of neuro-virtual engineering, developed a prototype to a chip that cross matches the wave patterns developed by your imagination with the a sonar wave coordinator, combining filtered virtual motion that projects through a cellular visual transponder. The coordinator comes linked to a HDCPU, that is pre-loaded with a sensor, that can detect when you have interacted too long, forms the body of the chip. If implanted within a pair of goggles it can be a progressive gadget in the videogame market.

xxXENOPIRATExx
07-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Well actually, the director of neuro-virtual engineering, developed a prototype to a chip that cross matches the wave patterns developed by your imagination with the a sonar wave coordinator, combining filtered virtual motion that projects through a cellular visual transponder. The coordinator comes linked to a HDCPU, that is pre-loaded with a sensor, that can detect when you have interacted too long, forms the body of the chip. If implanted within a pair of goggles it can be a progressive gadget in the videogame market.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg?1321408042. i can't put up pictures for some reason.

Juggernaut9473
07-14-2013, 02:45 PM
well damn...the future is now then :P

Graycochea
07-14-2013, 04:49 PM
The future is actually tomorrow, but whatever.