PDA

View Full Version : It dawned on me today...

Sgt Catastrophe
07-09-2013, 12:59 PM
I was playing with a buddy of mine and I realized, why the hell are there advertisements on my dashboard when I pay for my Xbox Live? We as paying customers shouldn't be getting advertisements on our dashboard, I get enough advertising on the Web as it is. I obviously use adblock, but seriously, some of the shit they advertise is retarded. Hell, Playstation players who don't even have PS+ don't get advertisements on their dashboard/menu. All they get it a scrolling bar in the top-right talking about games and deals. Its all not really a big deal and its not that annoying, but are the advertisements really necessary?

Maxdoggy
07-09-2013, 01:02 PM
I was playing with a buddy of mine and I realized, why the hell are there advertisements on my dashboard when I pay for my Xbox Live? We as paying customers shouldn't be getting advertisements on our dashboard, I get enough advertising on the Web as it is. I obviously use adblock, but seriously, some of the shit they advertise is retarded. Hell, Playstation players who don't even have PS+ don't get advertisements on their dashboard/menu. All they get it a scrolling bar in the top-right talking about games and deals. Its all not really a big deal and its not that annoying, but are the advertisements really necessary?

They don't play sound randomly. They sit there in a corner and don't get my attention because honestly who sits on the dashboard in one location to watch a full ad. They give MS more money so that they can provide a better service.

I don't mind them.

But in principle, I agree.

Savagegxp
07-09-2013, 01:16 PM
The ads actually make Xbox live cheaper for the player. If they didn't sell ad space we would have to pay the difference.

Silko
07-09-2013, 01:22 PM
As much as I hate ads going to have to agree with the two above me. Atleast they are like the ads here on the forums and not like the fucken retarded ass ads on youtube.

Fiery Grave
07-09-2013, 01:49 PM
I have sat and watched a few ads off the dashboard since they are generally ads targeted at gamers and something im interested in... not like most places where its either "1 weird trick to lose fat" or "Buy downy detergent".

HighLight
07-09-2013, 01:59 PM
You pay for tv with ads.

Blackhawk570
07-09-2013, 02:03 PM

Welcome to life?

Jam Cliché
07-09-2013, 02:05 PM
You pay for tv with ads.

Actually, I don't. =D Fuck network TV.

Sgt Catastrophe
07-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Welcome to life?

Yep, a few of you guys made a good point. At least they aren't dumb ass "Trick to lose weight" ads. I don't care for the ads but every since Xbox has basically become a TVbox, I've seen those ads. Welcome to life. xD

RaZ Vader
07-09-2013, 02:40 PM
I agree that it is a little annoying to see an ad on your dashboard when scorlling to see your friends. Gaming is more mainstream than it use too. But at least PlayStation doesn't do shit like that. Keep ads out of my gaming experience.

Nocte
07-09-2013, 02:52 PM
The only thing as wise that bothers me on XBL is getting PlayStation ads while I watch Youtube....

Otherwise I give 0 fucks as to the ads, I hardly notice them.

MedeDust
07-09-2013, 03:14 PM
I enjoy the occasional dating site.

MedeDust
07-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Ohai Eagle long time no see

bazongaman502
07-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Id rather deal with ads that are just sitting in one spot and you can click on it if you want (Like the Xbox 360 dashboard is) rather than the ads on youtube where if you don't have ad block, you have to watch before watching the video you want. Even worse when the ad and is longer than the damn video you are trying to watch.

But on the Xbox, I don't find it as an issue. Sometimes I click on them to see what they are about, but otherwise I don't bother looking at them.

Vermilion
07-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Advertisement gives them money. All Microsoft wants is money. After all, just look at the Xbox ONE. Not enough people want to buy a Kinect, so now they'll force you to use one.

Money money money...