PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

JamiDJ
08-01-2013, 02:13 PM
I am returning to BLUE this war, and was wanting to know if it would be possible to be a BLUE army mod once more. Let me know, Thanks

Deathhawk
08-01-2013, 03:19 PM
That's up to your HC I would say, shoot em a PM about it.
Specifically your FM, as they have the actual ability to do so.

Nicholas Sapien
08-01-2013, 04:03 PM
I am returning to BLUE this war, and was wanting to know if it would be possible to be a BLUE army mod once more. Let me know, Thanks

That's up to your HC I would say, shoot em a PM about it.
Specifically your FM, as they have the actual ability to do so.

That's not up to us, it is up to the website administrator. which is Metkil, we have been trying to get our Gmods, but only metkil can approve them. We already tried to contact him about it.

JamiDJ
08-01-2013, 04:24 PM
i'll just wait for his reply then. Thanks guys.

Deathhawk
08-01-2013, 05:52 PM
That's not up to us, it is up to the website administrator. which is Metkil, we have been trying to get our Gmods, but only metkil can approve them. We already tried to contact him about it.

Hmm.
There are multiple administrators. Any admin should be able to change a usergroup. It's possible creating usergroups may only be up to the root admin, but any existing mod usergroups should be accessible.
Is that not the case?

If he's not getting back, and you only PM'd him, try some other stuff.
His introduction thread (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?8155-Metkil5685) holds a ton of his various contact info.

Maxdoggy
08-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Metkil is the only one that can give administrative privileges out/remove them. Admins can give mod powers to others (to an extent). Mods can give mod to others (to an extent).

Nicholas Sapien
08-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Hmm.
There are multiple administrators. Any admin should be able to change a usergroup. It's possible creating usergroups may only be up to the root admin, but any existing mod usergroups should be accessible.
Is that not the case?

If he's not getting back, and you only PM'd him, try some other stuff.
His introduction thread (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?8155-Metkil5685) holds a ton of his various contact info.

I know I can grant Global Moderator status, but Metkil has to approve it.
Myth told us Metkil has to assign the Global Moderators

Deathhawk
08-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Metkil is the only one that can give administrative privileges out/remove them. Admins can give mod powers to others (to an extent). Mods can give mod to others (to an extent).

I know I can grant Global Moderator status, but Metkil has to approve it.
Myth told us Metkil has to assign the Global Moderators

Right, and Jamie was asking about becoming a mod of only the B.L.U.E. Army forums, which is a sub-forum that really only a B.L.U.E. leader capable of making the changes would have control of who moderates it. As far as I know the B.L.U.E. FM is the only one position with the authority and ability to grant/renew powers. Evidently other HC or moderators might be able to but I figure that the field marshal is the most direct way to get that done.. but since it's up for the blue superiors to decide who moderates their forum, he should just straight PM them since it's quicker and cleaner for him to do so.

Therefore Metkil isn't the fastest or most appropriate person to consult about this, so I told Jamie to ask his B.L.U.E. superior.

Nicholas, what control group as a General are you in? Admin, GM, or Mod?

Relapsive
08-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Hes an Admin. Generals and FM have the same admin powers.

Silko
08-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Right, and Jamie was asking about becoming a mod of only the B.L.U.E. Army forums, which is a sub-forum that really only a B.L.U.E. leader capable of making the changes would have control of who moderates it. As far as I know the B.L.U.E. FM is the only one position with the authority and ability to grant/renew powers. Evidently other HC or moderators might be able to but I figure that the field marshal is the most direct way to get that done.. but since it's up for the blue superiors to decide who moderates their forum, he should just straight PM them since it's quicker and cleaner for him to do so.

Therefore Metkil isn't the fastest or most appropriate person to consult about this, so I told Jamie to ask his B.L.U.E. superior.

Nicholas, what control group as a General are you in? Admin, GM, or Mod?

No Jamie was a global mod. Each faction is allowed two global mods other then the ranks that are in WC. That is why Jamie is asking if he can get his old job back

Deathhawk
08-01-2013, 09:37 PM
No Jamie was a global mod. Each faction is allowed two global mods other then the ranks that are in WC. That is why Jamie is asking if he can get his old job back

ooooh thanks for clearing that up.

Then why aren't the faction's GM's determined by their HC then sent to Metkil?
Or would there just be three or something?

JamiDJ
08-04-2013, 03:18 PM

This. :D its no big deal if i can't, i was just wondering.