PDA

View Full Version : INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Dr. Nora Lowesly
08-07-2013, 06:31 PM
AI Designation: 10-438 AKA Darla

Slipspace burst-transmission...

Being sent from unknown sector of space....

Recipients: Imperial Royal Enforcer Deployment Division; Brotherhood Legion of United Exiles...

Priority: Immediate Attention Required

"You all know me. You know what I've done for each of your governments in revolutionizing ship-based reactors and shield technology, all from reverse-engineered artifacts taken from Forerunner installations from the far flung parts of each of your territories.

You also know where I stand on your little war, or wars, and the destruction they bring. You know the only reason I keep doing my work is so that, whoever wins, humanity will be preserved. And yet you know I don't care for either side very much.

In this transmission, I am encrypting coordinates to this.. planet. While tracking down the artifact one of your governments displaced in this region of space, undoubtedly jettisoned in the middle of battle, I came across this message in Forerunner.

"Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...Preserve the Mantle...

It just keeps going.

After the Empire sacked the forward headquarters of Brotherhood naval operations just weeks ago, this message began playing. I don't know what you did, and it's very likely neither of you do either, but this has awakened something deep in the heart of space. The coordinates I am sending to you indicate the location of an artifical world, unlike anything we have ever encountered. The last time humanity found something like this, the Flood was released upon the galaxy after a millennia of incarceration. It is absolutely vital that either of your factions, I don't care who, gets down here and begins to secure this planet.... carefully. This war of yours, this Forerunner Conflict, has set something in motion. Already my initial scans of the planet indicate high levels of activity. This activity was almost non-existent three weeks ago.

For your sake, for everyone's sake, get here now, before whatever has been set in motion consumes the galaxy"

VerbotenDonkey
08-07-2013, 06:37 PM
<://[INCOMING.TRANSMISSION]

<://[SECURE.CONNECTION//IONI.SECIII]

Imperial Intelligence copies that Darla. Aid will be on the way.

Webber Out.

Jax Carlton
08-07-2013, 06:55 PM
"Dangit Nora I told you not to broadcast any messages. Now we are going to have Empire and Brotherhood fleets all over the sector. Oh well at least they wont be able to find us. I'm well known throughout the galaxy as a smuggler for a reason."

Nicholas Sapien
08-07-2013, 06:56 PM
I can smell you

Maxdoggy
08-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Well this is new.

MedeDust
08-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Well this is new.

That's what she said.

DECEIT
08-07-2013, 11:40 PM
REDD vs BLUE vs Flood.

Jam Cliché
08-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Well this better be good.

Spattan177
08-08-2013, 12:02 AM
what's going on? I'm very confused...

RaZ Vader
08-08-2013, 12:29 AM
Ha! Awesome. ;)

MedeDust
08-08-2013, 12:35 AM
I thought we fought back the flood years ago.

Jam Cliché
08-08-2013, 03:14 AM

I thought we had a truce with the Covenant

A lot can change...

Nicholas Sapien
08-08-2013, 04:54 AM

:facepalm:
pay attention next time

Vestige
08-08-2013, 05:05 AM
Interesting.