PDA

View Full Version : No more Manatory Kinect!

RaZ Vader
08-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Well. Idk if I should be pleased or shake my head. Microsoft has been changing so much since E3 it is almost unbelievable. They are either listening to the public gamers or really hurting on their pre-orders.

Either way, the kinect was my biggest peeve, and even though they have yet to announce a kinectless version of the console... I would not be surprised if they announced one at Gamescom. However... I still will not be able to get one on Day One because I'm still sticking with the PS4. But... Now I will most likely get one later if they ever announce a kinectless version.

I'm shocked.

http://ign.com/articles/2013/08/12/xbox-one-no-longer-requires-kinect-to-function

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-wont-actually-need-kinect-plugged-in-microso-1113142909

UPDATE: Still looks like it will come with the system. Why? Beyond me. Oh well.

Zeta Crossfire
08-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Oh well, mine will still always be plugged in.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
08-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Oh well, mine will still always be plugged in.

^
I'll tell your right now the NSA, CIA, FBI, MI6, KGB, etc... Will have no interest in my gaming activities.

Harry
08-13-2013, 12:43 AM
http://troll.me/images/conspiracy-keanu/this-changes-everything.jpg

Zeta Crossfire
08-13-2013, 12:50 AM
^
I'll tell your right now the NSA, CIA, FBI, MI6, KGB, etc... Will have no interest in my gaming activities.

But I want the NSA to listen to me. If they hear my complaints about the government enough maybe they'll actually take to my ideas. Considering the NSA is the only part of the government that listens it's better than writing my local congressman

Spattan177
08-13-2013, 01:15 AM
im getting an xb-1. I. need. halo. in malife.

RaZ Vader
08-13-2013, 07:16 AM
The NSA crap that people are talking about was never my issue. Just a piece of hardware that I didn't want was forced on me.

Maxdoggy
08-13-2013, 10:01 AM
The NSA crap that people are talking about was never my issue. Just a piece of hardware that I didn't want was forced on me.

It's forced on you so that fragmentation does not occur and allows for amazing experiences on the Xbox One (plus 100% adoption on the peripheral will give developers incentive to develop features for it).

Fiery Grave
08-13-2013, 10:08 AM

think of it this way, if half the 3DS didn't have touch screen capabilities their would be significantly less games that use touch screen stuff because people would be like "well if we dont have that anyone with a 3ds can play it, not just the people with touch screen's" now personally i dont use the touch screen during games, too annoying, and its pretty useless to me, but it allows more interesting games to be made and occasionally a game will have a cool feature that uses the touch screen and i use it for that. Gives me the option to use it

RaZ Vader
08-13-2013, 11:16 AM
When I see these "games" with kinect being the highlight, and it actually works well. Then I'll be excited.

Relapsive
08-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Im just letting you know when you go on Gamestop.com. The Xbox one is sold out and the ps4 isnt. So yea i dont think they are hurting on pre-orders.

Edit: I think this might be based on where you live or not.

KazuhLLL
08-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Considering the NSA is the only part of the government that listens it's better than writing my local congressman

#Murica