PDA

View Full Version : The Official FC Podcast: Episode 16 (The Solocast)

Toast78901
08-19-2013, 05:20 AM
Alright people; another week another show. I try my hands at a solocast, a conversation about Cortana is had and the new co-host is announced. Definitely check it out via this embed:

And some links:

Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23EnhGsuIsc&feature=youtu.be)

iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/official-forerunner-conflict/id612973452)

Podomatic (http://forerunnerconflictpodcast .podomatic.com/entry/2013-08-19T02_11_03-07_00)

Be sure to donate some codes and of course send in that listener mail.

So yeah guys. Thanks for tuning in, staying loyal and as always, staying classy.

Fuzzy
08-19-2013, 06:29 AM
Ehh Maxdoggy! Remember who your General was back when you were FM of BLUE? I expect shout outs every episode...

Congratulations also.

GAMExSOLID
08-19-2013, 06:36 AM
Congrats Maxdoggy!!!

Nicholas Sapien
08-19-2013, 06:44 AM
whats the name of the song at the end?

Toast78901
08-19-2013, 08:43 AM
whats the name of the song at the end?

Panzerkampf by sabaton

Nicholas Sapien
08-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Panzerkampf by sabaton

Also Cortana is gonna come back, who cares how she comes back? besides the jews
jk jk

Maxdoggy
08-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Squee! Thank you so much, Toast!

I totally didn't skip ahead to the end of the podcast to see who it was (the comments did that for me on accident, lol).

Bonus points to Urias for using the music from the Borderlands 2 wub wub trailer (Doomsday).

PS to Yehsus - Shut Up. I'm not in Marching Band anymore as I am a Sophomore in college now. :/

PPS, Fuzzy: Go play with your turtles. (And shut up!) :P

PPPS, thanks to all of the other contestants who applied for the position and hopefully we can have you guest-host on the podcast!

Thanks! :D

KazuhLLL
08-19-2013, 11:03 AM
PPPS, thanks to all of the other contestants who applied for the position and hopefully we can have you guest-host on the podcast!

GG, Max. GG.

My co-hosting services are always available ;)

Zeta Crossfire
08-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Congrats Max! If you ever need a guest host with a red perspective let me know.

Also even though it was a solo cast you did a great job toast, never be afraid to do more of them.

Yehsus
08-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Looks like legacy's spot on the podcast has been solidified once more. Well done everybody.

Jam Cliché
08-22-2013, 03:44 PM
The issue of using two brains to construct a "new" Cortana is that it ignores the actual process of making a smart A.I. They don't have the "memories" of their original. Many smart A.I. do not even know who their human donor was, because besides Halsey, the donor brain is from someone who is now dead.

The creation of a smart A.I. involves mapping the neural patterns of a brain by sending signals through it many, MANY times and imprinting those patterns onto a specialized core. So trying to scan two brains would literally not work. Every brain is too unique, and "memories" have nothing to do with the process.

And since you guys mentioned it, yes, Promethean Knights are the result of the Forerunners seeing the failure of the Composer to reconstruct biomass.

Also, rewards don't always mean money! You run a podcast for fuck's sakes. If people are sending you listener mail, it might be because they want to be heard on that podcast. Maybe you could "reward" people with a GUEST spot! =D

Toast78901
08-23-2013, 04:16 PM
The issue of using two brains to construct a "new" Cortana is that it ignores the actual process of making a smart A.I. They don't have the "memories" of their original. Many smart A.I. do not even know who their human donor was, because besides Halsey, the donor brain is from someone who is now dead.

The creation of a smart A.I. involves mapping the neural patterns of a brain by sending signals through it many, MANY times and imprinting those patterns onto a specialized core. So trying to scan two brains would literally not work. Every brain is too unique, and "memories" have nothing to do with the process.

And since you guys mentioned it, yes, Promethean Knights are the result of the Forerunners seeing the failure of the Composer to reconstruct biomass.

Also, rewards don't always mean money! You run a podcast for fuck's sakes. If people are sending you listener mail, it might be because they want to be heard on that podcast. Maybe you could "reward" people with a GUEST spot! =D

Jam, don't try to be subtle. No, we don't want you on. Now get back to the kitchen and make me my sammich

GAMExSOLID
08-25-2013, 09:16 AM
#FreeTheBirdMan! #CagedAndConfused!