PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 4 Open Beta

Silko
08-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Seen as the open beta for BF4 is for every major system I will post this in the general gaming discussion

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/08/bf4-mp-trailer-beta-premium/?utm_campaign=bf-social-us-socom-fb-social-na-socom-fb-beta-082013&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=social&sourceid=bf-social-us-socom-fb-social-na-socom-fb-beta-082013

That's right I said every system. Come early Oct BF4 Open beta will become available on every major platform (No I don't consider the Wii a major platform, deal with it) If you have the following:

Battlefield 3 Premium
Pre-Ordered Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition
Medal of Honor: Warfighter (Limited or Digital Deluxe Edition)

You will be able to take part of the 3 day private beta. This takes place, you guessed it, three days before the open beta. The open Beta will use the Siege of Shanghai map, also known as the map revealed during E3, on Conquest mode.

Relapsive
08-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Damnit i have premium on xbox but not PC. This sucks.

Maxdoggy
08-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Damnit i have premium on xbox but not PC. This sucks.

You can get Premium on PC for only $15 right now on Origin (the promotion runs the length of Gamescom).

Relapsive
08-21-2013, 09:54 PM
yea but that's more money on the same game. -_-

bl4yze
08-21-2013, 10:05 PM
yea but that's more money on the same game. -_-

You could just preorder BF4 for PC

Silko
08-21-2013, 11:05 PM
You could just preorder BF4 for PC

PoLeo
09-03-2013, 12:58 PM
The 29th is when the full game comes out. The Beta is early October.

bazongaman502
09-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Its not an "Open Beta" if there are requirements to be in it XD

Silko
09-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Its not an "Open Beta" if there are requirements to be in it XD

If you have the following:

Battlefield 3 Premium
Pre-Ordered Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition
Medal of Honor: Warfighter (Limited or Digital Deluxe Edition)

You will be able to take part of the 3 day private beta. This takes place, you guessed it, three days before the open beta.

L2R. Only the private 3 day beta before the public beta has requirements

bazongaman502
09-04-2013, 03:06 AM
Cool

Sgt Catastrophe
09-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Looks like I'll be having to deal with early access on the PC and not Xbox. Its awkward playing by myself all the time lol.

KazuhLLL
09-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Battlefield 4 Alpha gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxIXZW_QTiE

Jam Cliché
09-13-2013, 02:06 PM
L2R. Only the private 3 day beta before the public beta has requirements

To be fair, you did not phrase the OP all that well.

bl4yze
09-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Only filthy casuals didn't have premium.

Jam Cliché
09-13-2013, 04:06 PM
For some reason I cannot even play BF3 on my PC. I go to play it via Origin, and it takes me to a website, which is presumably a hub, but if I click something like Quick Match, it just sits for hours supposedly searching for a game...

Maxdoggy
09-13-2013, 04:09 PM
For some reason I cannot even play BF3 on my PC. I go to play it via Origin, and it takes me to a website, which is presumably a hub, but if I click something like Quick Match, it just sits for hours supposedly searching for a game...

Well then click "Server Browser" and join a damn server yourself! Lol

KazuhLLL
09-13-2013, 04:41 PM

Well then click "Server Browser" and join a damn server yourself! Lol

^
Quick match takes forever, ironically enough. Just go the Multiplayer tab, click Server Browser, and set up some filters for whatever type of match you feel like playing.

Maxdoggy
09-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Beta Dates have been announced!
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/battlefield-4-beta-dates/?utm_campaign=bf-social-us-socom-fb-beta-dates-announced-091613&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=social&sourceid=bf-social-us-socom-fb-beta-dates-announced-091613

Silko
09-16-2013, 08:20 PM
Beta Dates have been announced!
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/battlefield-4-beta-dates/?utm_campaign=bf-social-us-socom-fb-beta-dates-announced-091613&utm_source=fb&utm_medium=social&sourceid=bf-social-us-socom-fb-beta-dates-announced-091613

lol max you just beat me to it. I was grilling for burgers for dinner when I saw this and ran inside to post it

Maxdoggy
09-16-2013, 08:25 PM
lol max you just beat me to it. I was grilling for burgers for dinner when I saw this and ran inside to post it

I'm awesome. Don't feel bad about it. :P

Silko
09-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Now the question is, how long will the beta last?

Maxdoggy
09-16-2013, 10:32 PM
DICE just released a new trailer that goes over the basics of BF4 multiplayer but has tons of new footage and details about new maps!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SRxs5xYWuo

VerbotenDonkey
09-16-2013, 10:48 PM
They always make such epic trailers with epic moments that will never happen ingame xD

I'm so excited for BF4. I just hope that the new stuff isn't just gimmicky, like the power switch only being in one or two buildings on one level, or just that one skyscraper able to come crashing down like that.

Maxdoggy
09-16-2013, 10:51 PM
They always make such epic trailers with epic moments that will never happen ingame xD

I'm so excited for BF4. I just hope that the new stuff isn't just gimmicky, like the power switch only being in one or two buildings on one level, or just that one skyscraper able to come crashing down like that.

Not all buildings will be able to be leveled like that Skyscraper in the Shanghai map. It won't be the kind of destruction that BFBC2 had, I don't think (where every building was completely destructible so that by the end of a match all the terrain was flat, lol).

VerbotenDonkey
09-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Not all buildings will be able to be leveled like that Skyscraper in the Shanghai map. It won't be the kind of destruction that BFBC2 had, I don't think (where every building was completely destructible so that by the end of a match all the terrain was flat, lol).

I figured the skyscrapers, but hopefully the lightswitch/gates wont be. It's not really a controllable environment if its just in one spot.

Also 5 PLAYER SQUADS FINALLY! YAY!

Maxdoggy
09-24-2013, 11:32 AM
New customization video is out. My favorite part is the end where they discuss the "tiered reloading" system.
Basically, if you fire an RPG, start reloading and you take out the missile, but then switch to another weapon before you finish reloading, when you switch back to the RPG, the grenade is already removed from the gun and you only have to finish the last half of the reload instead of restarting it. Success!

http://www.xbox360achievements.o rg/news/news-16192-Battlefield-4-Customisation-Options-Discussed-in-Latest-Vid.html?utm_source=dlvr. it&utm_medium=twitter

KazuhLLL
09-24-2013, 09:04 PM
New customization video is out. My favorite part is the end where they discuss the "tiered reloading" system.
Basically, if you fire an RPG, start reloading and you take out the missile, but then switch to another weapon before you finish reloading, when you switch back to the RPG, the grenade is already removed from the gun and you only have to finish the last half of the reload instead of restarting it. Success!

http://www.xbox360achievements.o rg/news/news-16192-Battlefield-4-Customisation-Options-Discussed-in-Latest-Vid.html?utm_source=dlvr. it&utm_medium=twitter

That's very awesome. Somehow I feel like people will find a way to glitch that to make insta-reloads though xD

Maxdoggy
09-24-2013, 09:05 PM
That's very awesome. Somehow I feel like people will find a way to glitch that to make insta-reloads though xD

That's why there's going to be a two week beta! :)

Spartanbh
09-24-2013, 09:24 PM
October 1st...GTA Online or BF4 Beta........WLAKDJFA;LDJF A;LKDFJAL;DKJFA;LDKFJA;LD KJFLAKJDFALKJDFLKAJFD

Jam Cliché
09-24-2013, 09:30 PM
October 1st...GTA Online or BF4 Beta........WLAKDJFA;LDJF A;LKDFJAL;DKJFA;LDKFJA;LD KJFLAKJDFALKJDFLKAJFD

BOTH

Maxdoggy
09-24-2013, 10:11 PM

I'm thinking the Beta because it won't be there as long.

Also, collapsing skyscrapers.

Silko
09-25-2013, 12:14 AM
That's why there's going to be a two week beta! :)

Let's not kid ourselves here. This isn't really a beta for bug fixes this is a stress test and a demo to get more buyers come the 29th.

Maxdoggy
09-25-2013, 08:35 AM
Let's not kid ourselves here. This isn't really a beta for bug fixes this is a stress test and a demo to get more buyers come the 29th.

While you are correct, it's also to get a LOT more feedback on weapon/vehicle tuning and for bug fixes (because millions of people playing a beta will find bugs).

But yeah, the number one reason is probably a stress test.

xxXENOPIRATExx
09-26-2013, 10:44 AM
While you are correct, it's also to get a LOT more feedback on weapon/vehicle tuning and for bug fixes (because millions of people playing a beta will find bugs).

But yeah, the number one reason is probably a stress test.

Q: What is the purpose of the Battlefield 4™ Betas?
A: The Betas give us a chance to properly test our servers, the back end, and configure the multiplayer components of the game. By taking part, you will help us in ensuring a smooth launch for Battlefield 4™. You’ll also have the option to feedback directly to us with any gameplay ideas, bugs you find, and other thoughts on the Beta experience.

The Exclusive Betas starting October 1 and the Open Betas starting October 4

Maxdoggy
09-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Q: What is the purpose of the Battlefield 4™ Betas?
A: The Betas give us a chance to properly test our servers, the back end, and configure the multiplayer components of the game. By taking part, you will help us in ensuring a smooth launch for Battlefield 4™. You’ll also have the option to feedback directly to us with any gameplay ideas, bugs you find, and other thoughts on the Beta experience.

The Exclusive Betas starting October 1 and the Open Betas starting October 4

The More You Know. Da da duh duh da!!

Maxdoggy
09-29-2013, 08:52 AM
If you plan on playing the Beta on PC (or at least part of it on PC), you can preload the beta TODAY at 1pm Eastern!
The beta officially starts on October 1st at 4am Eastern!

This has been a public service announcement by Maxdoggy Gaming. :thumbs up:

Silko
10-01-2013, 10:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8znjqjdA2I

Silko
10-03-2013, 06:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77MoOI9hU38

Maxdoggy
10-03-2013, 06:02 PM
The Xbox 360 and PC versions are crazy different. If only the PC version had decent coding and wouldn't use 100% of my processor and like 50% of my GPU...

It's fun, though!

Silko
10-04-2013, 10:16 AM
The BF4 open beta is now open! It may take some time for it to show up on the dashboard but doing a game search for Battlefield 4 will let you download the beta. See you on the battlefield

Silko
10-04-2013, 10:59 AM
THIS. IS. ORGASMIC!!!