PDA

View Full Version : War on the horizon?

VerbotenDonkey
08-29-2013, 04:30 PM
http://rawwscoop.com/2013/08/28/no-negotiation-china-and-russia-walk-out-of-un-security-council-meeting-this-isnt-an-exercise/

So yeah, things are heating up.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
08-29-2013, 04:37 PM
I remember when I was 10 or so an old man told me I should expect to see WWIII in my lifetime. This is some scary stuff.....

Spartanbh
08-29-2013, 04:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01-2pNCZiNk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBfjU3_XOaA

Maxdoggy
08-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Well shit...

Everyone get on Tom Clancy's EndWar and help the US win! :P

But srsly, I need to buy myself a gun. Red Dawn, here we come!

McL00V
08-29-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm a little nervous. Not gonna lie.

Maxdoggy
08-29-2013, 04:49 PM

This is more serious than North Korea putting on its little show earlier this year. I don't understand Russia. Or China. They're on the crazy train too.

Spartanbh
08-29-2013, 04:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjSpO2B6G4s

Jam Cliché
08-29-2013, 05:00 PM
The Cold War never ended, folks.

This scares me a lot.

It scares me more that most people don't even know about it. We've officially desensitized ourselves to war.

VerbotenDonkey
08-29-2013, 05:04 PM
This is more serious than North Korea putting on its little show earlier this year. I don't understand Russia. Or China. They're on the crazy train too.

They have their own agendas, just like the US. Everyone wants oil and allies in the Middle East.

Jam Cliché
08-29-2013, 05:06 PM
They have their own agendas, just like the US. Everyone wants oil and allies in the Middle East.

Won't be anything left to gain after this.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
08-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Ghosthammer sent this to me a while back. I thought I'd share it here. Makes me feel a little better Seeing us as #1 and Brittan/France not far behind.

Also I noticed Iran, who is the 3rd biggest supporter of Syria is pretty far down the list.

World's Strongest Militaries (http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp)

MedeDust
08-29-2013, 05:24 PM
The only conflict here is that China and Russia agree that whatever attack the UN makes on the middle east will cause the middle east to automatically cut off any trade with the other nations, forget about the attacks they will make for a second. Russia and China rely on those resources which is why they do not wish to jeopardize the trade route. That is mainly why they walked out, a journalist doesn't need to tell me that.

Now, if this so happens, we cannot say for sure that China and Russia will attack us, remember we are still allies so there is different possibilities. However, as soon as the middle east break open against Israel, the UN is now obligated to war, something Russia and China will most likely not support us in.

In the possibility that Russia and China stay away, our only threat would be those middle east countries, which in all honesty will not be too bad. The remaining UN nations can easily contain this threat and force an end sooner than believed. What we do not know, however, is how Russia and China will act at the end, they will be unharmed and fresh, ready to take advantage.

In the possibility that Russia and China retaliate against the UN. We don't necessarily have to say we're fucked. I believe their heads are level enough to keep a nuclear war out of reach. Just as we don't want to loose everything, they don't want to either, just as we say they're crazy, they are most likely thinking the same about us. This might just be and intense stair down and maybe a few battles, apart from the middle east war, that would most likely end in a treaty.

Remember how much China and Russia still need us, we are their highest consumers.

I am nervous about this though, a lot of shit can happen. A lot of shit can happen quick.

Coda
08-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Ghosthammer sent this to me a while back. I thought I'd share it here. Makes me feel a little better Seeing us as #1 and Brittan/France not far behind.

Also I noticed Iran, who is the 3rd biggest supporter of Syria is pretty far down the list.

World's Strongest Militaries (http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp)

Interesting list

Spartanbh
08-29-2013, 06:03 PM
US response to Russia and China:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jPKAlkxkNo

Yehsus
08-29-2013, 06:04 PM
We should just sick Germany onto Russia :p

But humor aside, nothings going to happen. The Security Council has too much to lose in a world war over an insignificant country like Syria.

Anarchy
08-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Ain't nothing sadder than a small time reporter trying to scare people into taking his shitty story seriously.

PhoenixPrime
08-29-2013, 07:38 PM

The reason they are behaving this way is threefold:

1). They fear the US having control of oil-producing countries, like they did with Iraq. They're afraid that we'll choose to make Syria a client state this time, and not give them back their government entirely. They won't just take us by our word on it.

2). The Cold War isn't exactly over, just the arms race. Russian and Chinese distrust isn't a thing of the past. They see us striking Syria in the Middle-East as a way of moving our influence closer and closer to their doorstep. Syria represents serious and extreme economic crisis for them, and a way out of ours. They don't like that.

3). The fear of growing empires is still quite possible in the world. Just because western civilization has halted their need for empire, doesn't mean they think that we won't do it. Frankly, I've got my doubts about that as well.

But humor aside, nothings going to happen. The Security Council has too much to lose in a world war over an insignificant country like Syria.

Don't bet on that. Proxy wars are nothing new. There's no way we'll see a war on the western homefront. Gone are those days. But having a war between these countries on Syrian soil is entirely possible and probable.

If we declare another war, I'm enlisting that day.

Maxdoggy
08-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Update!

http://sourcefednews.com/obama-made-decision-syria/

Spattan177
08-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Won't be anything left to gain after this.

"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left" --Bertrand Russell
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." --Albert Einstein.

silversleek
08-29-2013, 09:27 PM

oh yeah, cause that worked so well before. Nah, finland's got this.

Yehsus
08-29-2013, 11:09 PM
oh yeah, cause that worked so well before. Nah, finland's got this.

Two front war never helps.

Zeta Crossfire
08-30-2013, 01:59 AM
China wouldn't fight the US, our economies are so intertwined right now that a war with the US means a collapse of their economy.

RaZ Vader
08-30-2013, 04:17 AM
In other words. The United States is running out of oil...

silversleek
08-30-2013, 04:59 AM
well, if it does turn out to be something, looks like i picked the right side in fc cause i've gotten some practice at killing reds ;P

Relapsive
08-30-2013, 06:43 AM
In other words. The United States is running out of oil...

Far from it. America has actually yet to use even a fraction of their oil. They split there oil into three categories, Public use, Military Use, and the rest being shipped into government warehouses.

^That can be the only possible way because if you look at the amounts of oil we get from other countries and how much of our own private big business get it is the only way that could possibly make sense of where all the oil went.

I did some research about this topic with my Class not too long ago. And we had to do all the math and everything else which kinda sucked I wont lie but it was good quality info.

The idea that we are attacking them for oil could be a secondary reason because we are needy when it comes to oil so yea. But I doubt we would use Oil as a primary reason to possibly get into a huge conflict we might be getting in.

Silko
08-30-2013, 01:33 PM
China wouldn't fight the US, our economies are so intertwined right now that a war with the US means a collapse of their economy.

Far from it. America has actually yet to use even a fraction of their oil. They split there oil into three categories, Public use, Military Use, and the rest being shipped into government warehouses.

^That can be the only possible way because if you look at the amounts of oil we get from other countries and how much of our own private big business get it is the only way that could possibly make sense of where all the oil went.

I did some research about this topic with my Class not too long ago. And we had to do all the math and everything else which kinda sucked I wont lie but it was good quality info.

The idea that we are attacking them for oil could be a secondary reason because we are needy when it comes to oil so yea. But I doubt we would use Oil as a primary reason to possibly get into a huge conflict we might be getting in.

What these two said. China is full of shit, if they attacked us they would wound their economy just as badly as they would wound ours. This isn't about oil, this is just a massive game of chicken. Which major power player is going to turn left first. The real threat in all this is Iran. While ultimately we would kick the shit out of Iran, it would be very long and bloody. Plus Iran could pull others into the fight.

Jam Cliché
08-30-2013, 01:54 PM
What these two said. China is full of shit, if they attacked us they would wound their economy just as badly as they would wound ours. This isn't about oil, this is just a massive game of chicken. Which major power player is going to turn left first. The real threat in all this is Iran. While ultimately we would kick the shit out of Iran, it would be very long and bloody. Plus Iran could pull others into the fight.

When the sensationalism cools down with everyone, we'll see that this is the most likely outcome. Individual nations have been using the UN as a bitching post for over a decade now. All talks of major action and hostility are nothing but barking.

But it's not 100% unlikely that someone is gonna jump the wrong gun. That's what freaks me out. Eventually we escalate too high.

Maxdoggy
08-30-2013, 01:54 PM

Iran is begging for an excuse to wipe Israel off of the planet. They're hoping this will be it.

Also, British Parliament shot down David Cameron's plans to strike Syria with the US and France.

Silko
08-30-2013, 02:10 PM
When the sensationalism cools down with everyone, we'll see that this is the most likely outcome. Individual nations have been using the UN as a bitching post for over a decade now. All talks of major action and hostility are nothing but barking.

But it's not 100% unlikely that someone is gonna jump the wrong gun. That's what freaks me out. Eventually we escalate too high.

This talk of Armageddon is also very very unlikely. The nations that have nuclear weapons are aware that they will never actually get to use them. Why? Mutually assured destruction. The only way we will see a nuclear fallout is if nations like Iran or North Korea or other extreme fanatical states gain nuclear armament. Which if they ever do every nation who has some sense will rain down upon them. This also means Russia and China. They know that if NK or Iran ever got their crazy ass hands on a useable nuke, life as we know it will end. So this talk of WWIII and the end of all life is mostly just paranoia and fear. No current nation is stupid enough for fire a nuke, what possible gain could they get from it?