PDA

View Full Version : New Details on Halo for Xbox One

Maxdoggy
08-30-2013, 09:33 AM
X360A found some very general plot details for the new Halo on Xbox One.

Click the link below for the full story, or just look at the quoted section below that for the juicy details.

http://www.xbox360achievements.o rg/news/news-15982-Halo-for-Xbox-One-s-First-Story-Details-Leaked.html?utm_source=dl vr.it&utm_medium=twitter

In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted. Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One.

Discuss.

IX Dr Doom XI
08-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Thought the data chip was cortana's, looked very simliar.

Maxdoggy
08-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Thought the data chip was cortana's, looked very simliar.

It most definitely is, but I suppose it had to be a super general description.

What I'm intrigued by is that all sentient life was being hunted. Are the flood back? Are the Prometheans/Didact hunting humanity again?

Yehsus
08-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Clan support, visual ranks, and global ranking. It's not fucking hard to do 343, get it done.

Nicholas Sapien
08-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Clan support, visual ranks, and global ranking. It's not fucking hard to do 343, get it done.

costs money to do though

IX Dr Doom XI
08-30-2013, 10:58 AM
It most definitely is, but I suppose it had to be a super general description.

What I'm intrigued by is that all sentient life was being hunted. Are the flood back? Are the Prometheans/Didact hunting humanity again?

Maybe we found the second didact, the Prometheans aren't truly hostile towards humans or anyone for that matter unless someone come towards something they are guarding, perfect example was the beginning of halo 4 were the Prometheans were killing Covenant and humans alike until the didact after reviving reprogramed them.

Would be great to see the flood again, i hated them in Halo 1, on the Librarian level.

VerbotenDonkey
08-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Petty Officer? Not Chief Petty Officer? He was demoted? :o

Nicholas Sapien
08-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Petty Officer? Not Chief Petty Officer? He was demoted? :o

he is a Master Chief Petty Officer
an E-9

VerbotenDonkey
08-30-2013, 11:36 AM
he is a Master Chief Petty Officer
an E-9

Arg thats what I meant lol. Still doesn't say that.

Gargoyle
08-30-2013, 12:07 PM
If Kelly isn't in this game, I'll cry.

Jam Cliché
08-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Arg thats what I meant lol. Still doesn't say that.

I think they generalized his rank much like one may generalize all forms of Sergeant as just Sergeant. They likely did this because the words "Master Chief" appear immediately after the mention of his [almost] full title. It's poor writing IMO.

I think the thing to take away from this is the idea of sentient life being hunted. A return of the Flood - on a bigger scale, like that of Halo: Silentium - would be so very epic.