View Full Version : Rec3 Wartime Update

Mythonian
09-07-2013, 05:07 PM
http://www.fcwars.net/node/images/rec3wartimeupdate.png

Rec3 Wartime Update

WTF Happened This Week?

War... War Never Changes.
Fallout 3 FTW.

Balance has pretty much always been the biggest obstacle for FC to try to tackle. If you guys remember the Peacetime Questionnaire we had before this war, here's the responses even from back then:

http://puu.sh/4lvjz.png

So it was obvious that people were not satisfied with army balance. At the time of the questionnaire, it was right after BLUE had lost last war. However, this war didn't appear as much of an improvement, and after three weeks of continued imbalance people grew vocal and pushed for change.

And the community answered in different ways. Some good suggestions were brought up and ended up being shot down by others. There was some drama, some bickering, and some people not willing to work together (despite it being the only thing I wanted for my birthday >.> selfish pricks, jk or am I?)

Anyway, some members answered the call and volunteered to try to help out, and thus we are where we are. Most of Legacy has moved to REDD, and Romeo squad from REDWATCH has moved to BLUE. We are hoping that this alleviates things a lot. Next battle should be interesting.

Talking About The Next Battle...

Due to everything that happened, we decided to cancel the battle this week. So, as all of you should already be aware from your armies, tomorrow, Sunday, September 8th, 2013, will NOT have battles.

Instead, we'll probably do some customs or something. Show up and let's have some fun. Expect a livestream as well as a Notice posted on the website, with a link to it. I plan on livestreaming it at http://www.twitch.tv/ForerunnerConflict but some others will probably livestream as well. Stay tuned for the Notice tomorrow.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Mythonian/lawl/funny-wtf-warning-sign-sign-in-use.jpg~original

Since no battles tomorrow, the next Battle Night will occur the following Sunday, September 15th, at 6:00 PM EST. Attack plans will be posted tonight, so you'll have an extra two days to practice for it. (we'll probably do some testing tomorrow as well as fun customs, so make sure you show up!)

Richochet and Gametypes

So Ricochet went public for everyone earlier in the week, and hopefully you've all had a chance to play it. It's a pretty cool gametype (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52pG4-9JDf4).

http://puu.sh/4lz1s.png (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52pG4-9JDf4)

So I'm curious what you guys think of it. Like it, hate it? Should we try to make an FC gametype out of it? etc.

Also, while on the topic of gametypes, I'd like some criticism of our gametypes this war. Any gametype you guys particularly hate and want adjusted? Any gametype you guys think is awesome and should be played more than it is? Let us know your thoughts!

~Mythonian :cyborg:

Jam Cliché
09-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Ricochet Ricochet Ricochet. Lots of it.

EagleOne
09-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Ricochet is a really fun game type, I'd like to see it on FC Battle Nights.

Nicholas Sapien
09-07-2013, 05:18 PM
it was only a matter of time, I knew myth was gonna add this gametype

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
09-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Any chance we could remake Sabotage out of Ricochet?

bazongaman502
09-07-2013, 05:23 PM
I finally played that game, and I have to admit, its a lot of fun. Id love to see that on battles. We need a lot more fun/relaxing game modes in the battles.

also, iv noticed some new vocabulary from Myth as of recent lol

JEWmanji
09-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Ricochet should def become a part of Battle nights

MedeDust
09-07-2013, 06:06 PM
We should become a Halo Ricochet Community.

Zeta Crossfire
09-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Yes please, such a fun game type. Is there any way to have a one sided match?

Jam Cliché
09-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Yes please, such a fun game type. Is there any way to have a one sided match?

Indeed. You just delete the other hills (hoops).

Guzzie
09-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Ricochet has potential, but I only see it working on 4v4 maps. I would like to see it tested quite a bit before we make a decision on it.

ThatAwkardGuy
09-07-2013, 06:22 PM
I'd enjoy some new gametypes as long as it isn't overplayed.

silversleek
09-07-2013, 06:44 PM
never played ricochet either.. i've also notice the new vocabulary of late.

VerbotenDonkey
09-07-2013, 06:51 PM
No on Ricochet.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

bl4yze
09-07-2013, 07:16 PM
No on Ricochet.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Will never forgive you for this

Toast78901
09-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Two things Senor Myth:

1. Ricochet you say? Hell yeah!

2. "War... War never changes." Is in Fallout 1, 2, BoS, 3 and New Vegas. Just sayin xD

Silko
09-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Any chance we could remake Sabotage out of Ricochet?

I was just about to post that

Jam Cliché
09-07-2013, 07:42 PM
I was just about to post that

It's been talked about a bunch, and there are talks of a modded version of Ricochet emulating Assault.

Silko
09-07-2013, 07:43 PM
It's been talked about a bunch, and there are talks of a modded version of Ricochet emulating Assault.

I know I suggested it back when it first came out :D

Jam Cliché
09-07-2013, 07:46 PM
I know I suggested it back when it first came out :D

I'm still failing to understand how 343 managed to be dumb enough to leave it out even when they kept Grifball. I mean shoot, Neutral Assault is better than 2Flag IMO.

Silko
09-07-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm still failing to understand how 343 managed to be dumb enough to leave it out even when they kept Grifball. I mean shoot, Neutral Assault is better than 2Flag IMO.

Must have said fuck it when they threw out the ability to have more then 1 person in theater mode, or when they butt fucked Forge mode or 50 other times they did something stupid. It is 343 what do you expect

Mythonian
09-07-2013, 08:13 PM
2. "War... War never changes." Is in Fallout 1, 2, BoS, 3 and New Vegas. Just sayin xD
Out of which, Fallout 3 was the best and most memorable IMO.

Platinum
09-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Must have said fuck it when they threw out the ability to have more then 1 person in theater mode, or when they butt fucked Forge mode or 50 other times they did something stupid. It is 343 what do you expect

Wasn't Reach one-person theatre? I still blame Bungie for Halo 4 (even though they had nothing to do with it)

EDIT: Forgot to stay on topic. Ricochet is amazing, and can be pretty competitive if tweaked a little. I don't see how 343 can have one amazing gametype after a shit disaster gametype (MM Lockdown).

Mythonian
09-07-2013, 08:54 PM

Wasn't Reach one-person theatre? I still blame Bungie for Halo 4 (even though they had nothing to do with it)

If you're gonna blame someone, it'd be Microsoft. They rushed 343 into releasing the pseudo-complete game before they wanted to release it.

Silko
09-07-2013, 10:05 PM
If you're gonna blame someone, it'd be Microsoft. They rushed 343 into releasing the pseudo-complete game before they wanted to release it.

I can agree with this

Coda
09-07-2013, 10:06 PM
If we could turn ricochet into a sabotage kind of thing (which wouldn't be hard) then I say go for it. But I wouldn't want it as just a sports game type in a war sim. It just ruins that war feel...

Toast78901
09-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Out of which, Fallout 3 was the best and most memorable IMO.

I wanna have you on the show and do a Fallout discussion when 4 comes out and we both get a chance to try it out lol

Mythonian
09-07-2013, 10:27 PM
I wanna have you on the show and do a Fallout discussion when 4 comes out and we both get a chance to try it out lol

lol k

One thing though: TES > Fallout.

Toast78901
09-07-2013, 10:30 PM
lol k

One thing though: TES > Fallout.

For me personally that is a very, very tough call. It really boils down to what aspect I am judging them on. TES's lore is much more expansive, and it is much easier to get immersed in. Problem is, it is very stereotypical RPG; Fallout wins for sure in the creativity dept. And now, I'm gonna stop this before it even has the chance to become a full couple pages xD

Silko
09-07-2013, 10:35 PM
If we could turn ricochet into a sabotage kind of thing (which wouldn't be hard) then I say go for it. But I wouldn't want it as just a sports game type in a war sim. It just ruins that war feel...

There may be a way to eliminate the throwing the ball into the goal to score. If we can focus a run in and maybe event get a plant timer bam insta Sabotage. If not we could make it where throwing the ball in has a score of 0 and do what we do with 1 flag. Hide the Attacking teams score zone in an unreachable position. Just throwing out some ideas (cough cough forge department cough cough)

Zeta Crossfire
09-08-2013, 12:01 AM
New vegas was better

silversleek
09-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Nah 3 is where it's at.

Fuzzy
09-08-2013, 12:45 AM
Bottom line is that I think we can all agree, Fallout is fucking brilliant.

Guzzie
09-08-2013, 12:48 AM
^ never played it :( but on topic, I am down to run some ricochet tomorrow, to test out different maps, as a way of replacing the BN.

Jam Cliché
09-08-2013, 12:49 AM
Bottom line is that I think we can all agree, Fallout if fucking brilliant.

I fell out of a boat once.

Shit was not brilliant.

Fuzzy
09-08-2013, 12:52 AM
I fell out of a boat once.

Shit was not brilliant.

But it was a learning experience that changed your perspective of life that inspired you to excel for brilliance which in itself was brilliant.

Jam Cliché
09-08-2013, 01:04 AM
But it was a learning experience that changed your perspective of life that inspired you to excel for brilliance which in itself was brilliant.

Don't tell me how to live my life!

Yehsus
09-08-2013, 01:36 AM
I had to change my Spartans penis's armor color for you fucks.

I'd like some appreciate for mine and legacy's penis color.

bazongaman502
09-08-2013, 01:45 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPYqg2a8WQU

Platinum
09-08-2013, 03:32 PM

Lol. Where did this come from? >.> <.<

Blackhawk570
09-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Wow Myth terrible update. You need to leave this community asap.

Silko
09-08-2013, 04:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPYqg2a8WQU

LOL

Houdini
09-08-2013, 06:04 PM
We should become a Halo Ricochet Community.

WM Feedback
09-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Ricochet:
Yes for 4v4's, but we may need to adjust the static spawn system, and don't even THINK about adding ordnance. Just. Don't.

Other gametype thoughts:
Make 4v4 extraction single plot please :)

KazuhLLL
09-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Ricochet:
Yes for 4v4's, but we may need to adjust the static spawn system, and don't even THINK about adding ordnance. Just. Don't.

Other gametype thoughts:
^^^^^^^

Guzzie
09-09-2013, 03:21 AM
Ricochet:

Other gametype thoughts:
i've been suggesting 4v4 extraction one plot for a very long time. Would still like to see it implemented.

bl4yze
09-09-2013, 04:07 AM
i've been suggesting 4v4 extraction one plot for a very long time. Would still like to see it implemented.

1 plot extraction would be great. Some arguments I've compiled that are against 1 plot;

"It's basically a glorified King of the Hill"

"2 plot promotes more teamwork!!!!111!!1!1"

"Just because 1 plot is in matchmaking and throwdown doesn't mean it's better!!!!!!"

Sure, 1 plot is a harder set up to break, once a team has control and got into position.. but it also promotes less random gameplay. With 1 plot you KNOW where the next one will be and you KNOW that if you give up a 'lost cause' plot (10 seconds left with 1 person alive and 3 that just died, sitting in respawn screen), you can have your alive player go and anchor spawns at the next plot and have a slight advantage. This promotes forward thinking, and not just a 'Spawn and sprint to whichever plot is closer', or a 'send all 4 to one plot, then convert while the other team sends all 4 to another plot' gameplay.

Before I played a 2plot extraction game with VbD, my team would usually try and go for every single extraction, then once I played with VbD I'd notice they'd say 'fuck it' on trying to convert the "gimme" plots that are on the opponents side of the map, and just focus on winning their plots. Then when it came down to the neutral plots they would overload them and focus on winning those neutral plots. Once they secured those they would go back to letting the other team win their plots and securing the plots on their side. I don't think they've lost more than three 4v4 extraction games with this strategy, and i think one of those losses was a 3v4.

edit: I also think respawn times on Extraction should be raised. I'm not sure what it is right now, but it should at least be 7 or 10 seconds.. I'm not sure 7 is even an option, but a 10 second respawn would reward a team for getting all 4 players down and then going to extract.

KazuhLLL
09-09-2013, 10:23 AM
I also think respawn times on Extraction should be raised. I'm not sure what it is right now, but it should at least be 7 or 10 seconds.. I'm not sure 7 is even an option, but a 10 second respawn would reward a team for getting all 4 players down and then going to extract.
7-second respawn isn't an option, unfortunately, but I would love for it to be changed to 10. It's really annoying to get double or triple kills and still not be able to get the extract because the first guys you killed have already spawned and are throwing grenades at the Extraction site -___-

I don't think they've lost more than three 4v4 extraction games with this strategy, and i think one of those losses was a 3v4.
Yeah it was ;)

Poor Guzzie has to play against my connection again now that we're in separate armies xD

WM Feedback
09-09-2013, 02:49 PM
OH! I just remembered another one.
Remove saws from personal ordnance.

After the update they're just too powerful, and we've all been in a game with 4+ saws on the map at one time.

Jam Cliché
09-09-2013, 03:32 PM
OH! I just remembered another one.
Remove saws from personal ordnance.

After the update they're just too powerful, and we've all been in a game with 4+ saws on the map at one time.

Yeah maybe as a map weapon they'd be nicer, but at the strength they are at, they can even outshine a BR at midrange. So if they're gonna be in personal ordnance, the weighting should be lower. Like that of the Rockets.

Guzzie
09-09-2013, 03:36 PM
7-second respawn isn't an option, unfortunately, but I would love for it to be changed to 10. It's really annoying to get double or triple kills and still not be able to get the extract because the first guys you killed have already spawned and are throwing grenades at the Extraction site -___-

Yeah it was ;)

Poor Guzzie has to play against my connection again now that we're in separate armies xD
Increase respawn time to 10 seconds and the extraction arm time. That will balance out both pretty nicely.

And yeah, Kaz and his witchcraft are back :(

bl4yze
09-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Yeah maybe as a map weapon they'd be nicer, but at the strength they are at, they can even outshine a BR at midrange. So if they're gonna be in personal ordnance, the weighting should be lower. Like that of the Rockets.

Wait... people are getting Rockets in ordnance? WTF is this?! Where are MY ROCKETS?! I seem to ALWAYS get Needler, Plasmas and a Scattershot, the scattershot deemed useless due to the host which may as well be in Russia

Mythonian
09-09-2013, 07:01 PM

Rockets are not in ordnance... xD

Left Slot
Middle Slot
Right Slot

Shotgun
Energy Sword
Gravity Hammer
Scattershot
SAW
Sticky Detonator
Railgun
Needler
Concussion Rifle
Speed Boost
Damage Boost
Overshield
Frag Grenades
Plasma Grenades
Pulse Grenades

Silko
09-09-2013, 07:08 PM

Left Slot
Middle Slot
Right Slot

Shotgun
Energy Sword
Gravity Hammer
Scattershot
SAW
Sticky Detonator
Railgun
Needler
Concussion Rifle
Speed Boost
Damage Boost
Overshield
Frag Grenades
Plasma Grenades
Pulse Grenades

You know what the issue with this list is? The lack of rockets

Jam Cliché
09-09-2013, 07:14 PM

Left Slot
Middle Slot
Right Slot

Shotgun
Energy Sword
Gravity Hammer
Scattershot
SAW
Sticky Detonator
Railgun
Needler
Concussion Rifle
Speed Boost
Damage Boost
Overshield
Frag Grenades
Plasma Grenades
Pulse Grenades

thatsthejoke.png

Guzzie
09-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Wait... people are getting Rockets in ordnance? WTF is this?! Where are MY ROCKETS?! I seem to ALWAYS get Needler, Plasmas and a Scattershot, the scattershot deemed useless due to the host which may as well be in Russia
poor kid. and I actually like the idea of making the SAW a map weapon rather than an ordinance drop. Would simplify the drops a bit.