PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a new Samsung smart TV

Zeta Crossfire
09-28-2013, 03:31 PM
So I just recently moved into a new apartment and they have given me a Samsung Smart TV Series 6 6100 47 inch.

I've noticed some decent input lag, as well as major screen tearing on some of my games. Halo 4 I only notice bluring, Rainbow 6 has super screen lag, skyrim has slow down, lag, as well as minor tears ect. I've gone into the menus but I can't find any gamer options. I've been told to place the picture mode into movies and not Dynamic and put all the auto settings to medium but I'm still having this issue. google isn't much help, has anyone else had this issue and could help me out? Thanks

HighLight
09-28-2013, 03:58 PM
First, I haven't used a smart tv so I am not fully knowledgeable, but I do not think there is a whole lot you can do in terms of the input lag you are receiving. Larger LED/LCD/plasma TVs (even smaller TVs in general) tend to have noticeable input lag especially when compared to tube TVs or computer monitors. Fiddling with the settings, unfortunately won't change a whole lot.

I'm not exactly sure how to fix the tearing. What are you using to connect your xbox to the tv?

Zeta Crossfire
09-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Right now using an HDMI cord. I had a 55 inch Pioneer elite before I moved into my new place Samsung support and they told me to turn off their smoothness effects which has seemed to of solved most issues. There isn't any input lag anymore, but there is small but noticeable screen tearing when I move fast left to right (or vice versa) on some games. The lady I talked to didn't know anything about games, so I'm going to dive into the menus and see whats up.