PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a top of the line gaming headset

Zeta Crossfire
10-18-2013, 10:50 PM
I currently have a pair of Triton Warheads but as many people here know I've had to send them back 7-8 times now because they were defective and they kept sending me refurbished units. My warranty expired and they won't replace my now (again) dead headset. I'm looking for another brand (not Triton) to buy a gaming headset from. People so far have been recommending me the Astros A50's which are 300 dollars and look awesome but I want to see what else is out there.

Can anyone else recommend me a headset or know how good Astros is?

Maxdoggy
10-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Are you getting an X1?

Wait.

Until 2014.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/18/microsoft-no-third-party-xbox-one-headsets-until-2014/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-headset-adapter-shipping-in-2014/1100-6415668/

Zeta Crossfire
10-18-2013, 11:07 PM
I don't plan on buying an X1 at launch anymore, instead waiting for more games to come out. (either watch dogs or Titan Fall) Should I still wait?

Guzzie
10-18-2013, 11:26 PM
I am not sure what AstroGaming is planning on doing with their headsets in preparation for the X1, but I highly recommend the a40's. I have had mine since H3 and I would not switch to any other company.

Anarchy
10-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Again with the money Zeta!?

Blackhawk570
10-18-2013, 11:50 PM
There will be an adapter to use that will make previous xbox 360 headsets compatible.

~Gamestop Employee

Fuzzy
10-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Again with the money Zeta!?

I told you Anarchy, he is mad rich!

His dad is Bill Gates and his mom is Oprah Winfrey.

Jam Cliché
10-19-2013, 01:05 AM
God dammit Zeta. Do you even have a budget?

bl4yze
10-19-2013, 06:40 AM
I am not sure what AstroGaming is planning on doing with their headsets in preparation for the X1, but I highly recommend the a40's. I have had mine since H3 and I would not switch to any other company.

I agree but I disagree. I would buy the a40 Mixamp alone, and then buy some Siberia v2's to pair with it. The a40s alone aren't great quality. If you're serious about "top of the line", get an a40 mixamp and a Sennheiser HD gaming headset. The mixamp is top of the line as far as practicality and compatibility with the 360 go. You can also use it with your PC simultaneously. The Astro headsets aren't prime quality though, I would suggest the Siberias if you want to save 40 dollars or so

- - - Updated - - -

Are you getting an X1?

Wait.

Until 2014.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/18/microsoft-no-third-party-xbox-one-headsets-until-2014/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-headset-adapter-shipping-in-2014/1100-6415668/

You could still use an a40 mixamp with the X1 and the Kinect as a mic, or whatever mic they ship with it. The Optical audio out surpasses any RCA connection by leaps and bounds.

Maxdoggy
10-19-2013, 09:11 AM
There will be an adapter to use that will make previous xbox 360 headsets compatible.

~Gamestop Employee

But like I linked, they won't be out until 2014.

Honestly Zeta, those games you mentioned won't be out until Spring 2014, so if you want to buy a good headset, you could do so.
My original recommendation was based upon you getting a console at launch.

As you are not, I do believe Astro is at the top in this market.

I personally have XP400's from Turtle Beach and they are pretty good. I've had some connection problems here and there and also I sound like a robot sometimes in game chat. So there's that.

bl4yze
10-19-2013, 10:51 AM
But like I linked, they won't be out until 2014.

Honestly Zeta, those games you mentioned won't be out until Spring 2014, so if you want to buy a good headset, you could do so.
My original recommendation was based upon you getting a console at launch.

As you are not, I do believe Astro is at the top in this market.

I personally have XP400's from Turtle Beach and they are pretty good. I've had some connection problems here and there and also I sound like a robot sometimes in game chat. So there's that.

Again, for the money, the actual A40 headset is overpriced. The Mixamp is the big selling point. I own a pair of A40s and I also own a pair of studio headphones and have tried the Siberia v2s. The siberias are almost identical to the quality of the astros and about $70 cheaper. Astro have great marketing, and a good product, but there is better for cheaper. Like I said, the mixamp is the prime piece of hardware for Xbox.

Zeta Crossfire
10-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Ok cool Astros it is. Might be a few months until I can get them but they look like a solid Purchase. Thanks guys

HighLight
10-20-2013, 11:17 PM
I agree but I disagree. I would buy the a40 Mixamp alone, and then buy some Siberia v2's to pair with it. The a40s alone aren't great quality. If you're serious about "top of the line", get an a40 mixamp and a Sennheiser HD gaming headset. The mixamp is top of the line as far as practicality and compatibility with the 360 go. You can also use it with your PC simultaneously. The Astro headsets aren't prime quality though, I would suggest the Siberias if you want to save 40 dollars or so

This. I've used both the PC350s and PC360s (w/ the astro mixamp) and prefer them over the A40s. Great quality sound and extremely comfortable.

Wasn't a fan of the Siberia v2s ,so if you have the money I'd definitely recommend a40s or sennheiser.