PDA

View Full Version : Webmaster's Update (Holy shit Metkil is alive edition)

Metkil5685
10-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Greetings everyone!

Bet you thought you got rid of me, didn't you? Well, you did, almost. Let me get right into what I want to say.

Holy crap, Metkil lives. Where were you?!

Well, if you guys noticed, I disappeared off the radar back in June, shortly after E3. The reasoning behind this was that real life just got WAAAAAY to hectic to manage any kind of virtual life. Any free time I had (which was little) was spent either outside doing more work or playing a game for an hour or so here and there. I figured that it would last until August and I would be able to get back to my virtual life. Well, this is true. Late August came, my college life started back up and my virtual life started to appear again.

So why was I still MIA on FC then over the last two months? Honestly, I have no reason why I wasn't active. All I did was lurk and make sure the website was working properly. I fixed problems as they came up (Myth is great at informing me of these things) and continued lurking.

Over the last week, I decided it's time to get back in the being active boat. Tonight, I am sitting here 30 minutes before I have to lead a raid in World of Warcraft with my guild, so I figured now would be a good time.

Guess what,

I'm finally back.

Don't care, didn't read. Where's my prizes?!

Right your prizes. Trust me I didn't forget. It's bothered me everyday. I was too busy over the summer to take care of it, so I vowed to do to it soon as I could. College started and things started to look. I got ready to prepare the prizes.

Then, they got lost in the move from Home to College. Crap.

This weekend, I got a care package from my parents. Guess what was in it.

Yea, your prizes.

Prize distribution starts this week. Digital prize winners, yours will come this weekend most likely. Physical prize winners, you will be receiving a generic copy and paste private message requesting shipping details. The quicker you reply to the private message, I quicker I will send them out.

Sappy apology time

Everyone here at Forerunner Conflict, I have to apologize. As your website administrator, there is no reason I go inactive for that length of time. I honestly feel like crap leaving you guys in the dark for this long. There were quite a few nights I didn't sleep well because it bothered me how I have treated this awesome community over the last 4 - 5 months. I'll try to find a way to make this up to you guys. Don't know how yet, but I'll do it. For now I will start by keeping my promises and returning to being active.

I hope everyone here can forgive for the mistakes I have made here. Let's fix them and get back in the game!

So, now what?

Well, for now, I am just going to work on being active. You'll be seeing me around on the forums more often. I don't have any major plans for the website at this time.

On a personal level, I'll be playing WoW, EVE Online, and BF4 in the foreseeable future. Then there is the random other games I will be playing. Sadly, I am MIA on XBL because I can't connect to the internet anymore with my X360. I may be back on that in the spring however. PC gamers, if you see me online and want to play something, don't be afraid to ask.

On the multimedia side, I'll be back to livestreaming within the next week or so. I miss doing those. I'm also working on my YT channel as well alongside my livestream. I am also livestreaming for Extra Life with my gaming club on my campus November 2nd. (Link: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=dono rDrive.team&teamID=13118 If your interested in supporting our cause) Yay for helping kids and playing games at the same time.

Well, that's all I got for now. Like I said, I hope you guys can forgive for my absence. I'm ready to move on and get back to being active around here.

Like it or not,

I'm back.

Your truly,

Zach aka Metkil5685
Website Administrator

Silko
10-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Welcome back Metkil. Now bring me a soda

Fuzzy
10-22-2013, 09:17 PM
You had me worried babe... don't ever leave me again! :(

Sicarioano
10-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Majority of the people in FC probably never knew you even existed...and probably still don't O_O

Lol its James
10-22-2013, 09:21 PM
YOU SO KIND METKILLLLL

Solus Exsequor
10-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Haha! Welcome back Metkil! You only just reminded me of my prize, so I thank you. And I also thank you I'm advance for the prize :p I trust you

Jam Cliché
10-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Majority of the people in FC probably never knew you even existed...and probably still don't O_O

THE SAME CAN BE SAID FOR YOU

Maxdoggy
10-22-2013, 09:34 PM
#BlameMetkil

My long lost Argent Crusade buddy is back! On the website! <3

Breezy
10-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Welcome back old man

silversleek
10-22-2013, 09:39 PM

don't you find it funny that most of the new generation of FC probably doesn't know who Raz is? when was the last time he was around anyways?

Lol its James
10-22-2013, 09:40 PM
don't you find it funny that most of the new generation of FC probably doesn't know who Raz is? when was the last time he was around anyways?

when he smelt the bacon, of course.

VerbotenDonkey
10-22-2013, 09:59 PM
But how many of you guys remember Mephistar? :P

Metkil5685
10-22-2013, 10:27 PM

I do. Do I count?

Breezy
10-22-2013, 10:30 PM

I do of course, and Metkil doesn't count

KazuhLLL
10-22-2013, 10:35 PM

Must have been before my time :P

Or during Reach.

Jam Cliché
10-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Must have been before my time :P

Or during Reach.

No one's gonna remember you next year. GTFO

KazuhLLL
10-22-2013, 10:49 PM
No one's gonna remember you next year. GTFO

They will, because my Cyan army will leave an impact to be remembered throughout the generations of FC.

Zeta Crossfire
10-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Welcome back, glad to see the prizes being given out. Lets just hope next year it goes faster lol

Fuzzy
10-22-2013, 10:56 PM
I do of course, and Metkil doesn't count

Not to be mean but you do not remember Mephistar...

I was not even around when Mephistar was around and I have been here for 3 years...

Breezy
10-22-2013, 11:05 PM
My cousin use to be part of FC Fuzzy, told me alot about you guys. So mainly sure you can say i dont, but from what my cousin told me, makes me know him a little.

My cousin use to live in Russia, was part of FC since Halo 3. He left by the mid times of Halo Reach. That's when he decided to leave and move on to Playstation and PC

Nicholas Sapien
10-22-2013, 11:28 PM
EVE Online
gosh If I continued playing that game, I would never get out of the house

Ominous Solace
10-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Welcome Back MetKil. Hope we don't disappoint you too much ;)

Al Capone111
10-23-2013, 01:09 AM
We still need to make the Zac/Zak/Zach/ squad a thing.

GAMExSOLID
10-23-2013, 01:25 AM
I'm new Gen. FC and Raz Recruited me :D, got to play in a full custom game lobby with Jupiter, Mephistar, and the gang. They told me all about FC and how it all began. Probably the best custom game lobby I've been apart of hands down! Jupiter added me on Facebook :$
-Welcome back Metkil!

Andimion
10-23-2013, 07:29 AM
I miss Micro....

But HEY METKILL WHATS UP?!

On a kinder note, I miss WoW... I stopped playing right after I got Alani... I should drop a month on my account and see how my old guild is doing...

Metkil5685
10-23-2013, 08:07 AM
I miss Micro....

But HEY METKILL WHATS UP?!

On a kinder note, I miss WoW... I stopped playing right after I got Alani... I should drop a month on my account and see how my old guild is doing...

Yea, I miss Micro as well. Cool dude.

WoW is pretty fun right now. Jump in an active raiding guild and go. SoO is really fun.

You can blame WoW and EVE for my inactivity. It just dawned on me.

Andimion
10-23-2013, 10:32 AM
I took a break just before patch 4.0 of Isl of thunder. I got really bored of the raids and stuck with PvP.

If I came back I'd likely not be in my guild anymore, it was #1 in our realm and top 500 in the world.. They'd removed me from the core group for disappearing off the face of the earth.. Lol

RaZ Vader
10-23-2013, 01:47 PM
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/38813692.jpg

Metkil5685
10-23-2013, 01:49 PM
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/38813692.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/3d171701630af8824abd7f01c e56701d/tumblr_mjboi8FoQ11qdjmemo 1_400.jpg

Silko
10-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Yea, I miss Micro as well. Cool dude.

WoW is pretty fun right now. Jump in an active raiding guild and go. SoO is really fun.

You can blame WoW and EVE for my inactivity. It just dawned on me.

Someone enjoys being a panda I see......

Metkil5685
10-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Someone enjoys being a panda I see......

Because this is a panda: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/velen/Tirgo/advanced (inb4 dear god your horrible)

You know, in perspective, I realize that my guild has no one that plays a panda as a main. Sure, everyone has one as an alt, but no one actually plays on actively in my guild. Perhaps once my guild can actually kill things, I'll livestream us raiding (we have terrible DPS right now).

VerbotenDonkey
10-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Because this is a panda: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/velen/Tirgo/advanced (inb4 dear god your horrible).

That's a human. (dear god you're horrible)

Andimion
10-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Because this is a panda: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/velen/Tirgo/advanced (inb4 dear god your horrible)

You know, in perspective, I realize that my guild has no one that plays a panda as a main. Sure, everyone has one as an alt, but no one actually plays on actively in my guild. Perhaps once my guild can actually kill things, I'll livestream us raiding (we have terrible DPS right now).

While I cant say I was main, I was Brewmastering.. lol Whats your Ilvl now?

Sicarioano
10-24-2013, 10:31 PM
THE SAME CAN BE SAID FOR YOU

Well when FC goes to BF4 or just quits Reach then I'll think about coming back into service. But until then, I will not touch nor play GAYLO FUCKING 4, and will stay retired.

Silko
10-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Well when FC goes to BF4 or just quits Reach then I'll think about coming back into service. But until then, I will not touch nor play GAYLO FUCKING 4, and will stay retired.

two things

1) We did stop playing Reach

2) You did shit? News to me

I was joking with you. I say that in the context of the rather surprising amount of subscription lose after the expansion. i have several friends who where very active in WoW who decided to leave after the expansion. Granted it was more over how they made the raiding loot system and the daily grind system after the expansion but never the less. I also could be getting details wrong as I have never touched the heathen known as WoW

Sicarioano
10-24-2013, 10:47 PM
I meant Gaylo 4
I'm like half dead right now