PDA

View Full Version : Warmap Changes

HC Theory
10-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Now before I say what I have to say please understand that I only want whats best for FC and all of my suggestions and idea's are for a more interactive and enjoyable FC experience.

Map and Gametype Changes,
Now I know that each armys pick the maps before each war but I tjink it would be nice if each squad got to pick a map from the map pool and then High Command could choose the rest, this way at least each squad will have one map on there that they reall enjoy playing. Right now each map is set up for every gametype even though some maps just arent made for it (Haven CTF being fresh in our minds lol) Id like to see that each map have the gametypes that are best suited for it. Now I have a large list of possible new maps that could be added to the warmap but thats a different thread, but we need a freshness in the War that I havent seen. Now I know ive only been around for 2 wars but not much has changed at least not forvthe better. Dominion and Hill 30 was removed and replaced with Lockdown which I think to be a regress since Lockdown is more of a pure competitive gametype than the former and while I am a competitive player thats not why I joined FC, I joined to have fun.

Thats the root of the problem, having a fair war sim that is also fun is a very difficult thing to do especially since the competitive players tend to overpower the casual guys in the forums. To have a fun yet competitive War I think we need to have more variation in what can be played. Now please dont turn this into another gametype arguement but having a Pro Flag and Pro Slayer gametype avaliable as the choices to be played would help keep the game fun for those that enjoy that type of gametype. I dont think I will ever have more fun playing Halo than when I was playing BTB on Sandtrap in H3 simply because of the vehicular Chaos that was guaranteed to be ensured on that map haha but with H4's ability to spawn with Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades takes the fun out of it. Playing the game with armor abilitys makes it so much more fun for those that are actually trying to enjoy the game without ruining the game in general.

In choosing the maps for the war I think we need to stay away from remakes, playing on these really seems to bring up arguments because its being played differently than it was in the previous games (Use of AA's usually being the issue) also there are some really great community forged maps out there that im sure all of you would enjoy. So if we have to have remakes on the Warmap then lets let them be Re-imaginings of those maps so it feels the same yet different enough to be new and interesting. I'd like to also see some new gametypes added for certian maps, Conversion being one of these in general ( Halo 4's version of Invasion) as well as other tested competitive yet fun gametypes.

Lastly and what I'd love to see implemented the most is a new style of Warmap, as it is now there are sectors and maps. Now each High Command attacks a map in a sector to decide on what map is to be played but what id like to see is instead of maps in a sector there would be clusters. Each cluster would have 2 or 3 maps (depends on how many maps we can find even though im fine with reusing maps as long as they arent near each other) Example: Cluster Sol would have maps: Harvest, Strongside, and Longbow and the defenders would get to choose which map and gametype to play. This wouldnt change the war works since instead of winning maps it would be winning clusters but having this would allow squads to have a choice to play which map is more enjoyable to them instead of High Command choosing it for them. Also if a player doesnt have the required DLC he or she might still have a chance to play that night.

Nicholas Sapien
10-29-2013, 05:23 PM
We try not to pick the same maps, but I can only blame the other HC in our defense

VerbotenDonkey
10-29-2013, 05:30 PM
I think each Squad picking one map would be awesome! :D

Jam Cliché
10-29-2013, 08:00 PM
I love the idea of having 1 of 3 maps to choose, but think of it this way - we already have problems with getting 2 maps properly set up. Now think 6. Each week.

HC Theory
10-29-2013, 08:28 PM
The reason we have so many problems is that we wait until the last moment to work on the maps, I intend on having them all done way before they are chosen. I just dont think its fair that just because blue is going well this war we dont get to play the maps on their side, Tyrene and Atlas are awesome maps but we wont be playing on them this war or possibly next or ever.

Spartanbh
10-29-2013, 09:27 PM

That is actually an excellent idea, however it would have to be an approved map by the Forge Department and what not.

silversleek
10-29-2013, 09:29 PM

animus chooses guardian

McL00V
10-29-2013, 09:34 PM
i'm a fan of this cluster idea, its just a lot of work during peacetime for whoever would decide to work on it. but being able to choose what map you want your game to be on would be sweet. imagine a cluster with something like Pit, Guardian, and Sanctuary in it. what a fun battlenight that would be.

Houdini
10-29-2013, 09:52 PM

HC Theory
10-30-2013, 02:00 AM
Im willing to put the work into it to make this happen lol and i'm sure I could get some help from somewhere haha I only wish that there could be different sized maps in each cluster, 4v4, 8v8 but without knowing which map is going to be chosen we couldn't
have the right amount in the party ready to go lol but still having a choice between 2 maps is still better than not having one at all haha

Jam Cliché
10-30-2013, 02:07 AM
Im willing to put the work into it to make this happen lol and i'm sure I could get some help from somewhere haha I only wish that there could be different sized maps in each cluster, 4v4, 8v8 but without knowing which map is going to be chosen we couldn't
have the right amount in the party ready to go lol but still having a choice between 2 maps is still better than not having one at all haha

We have 30 maps now... We'd be tripling that count with this idea.

Look, I like options too, but I'd much rather have a more thorough selection process for the 30 maps we decide to use than add more.

JamiDJ
10-30-2013, 09:32 AM

I'm always willing to help for FC.

Solus Exsequor
10-30-2013, 10:32 AM
Hey! Here's an idea. Include other gametypes, i.e. variations of gametypes like SWAT, BR Slayer etc...

Time and time I've recruited people who were like "Oh, do we play Swat?" It'd add for a bit of enjoyment to this evermore competitive community. I'm all for HC's suggestion.

KazuhLLL
10-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Hey! Here's an idea. Include other gametypes, i.e. variations of gametypes like SWAT, BR Slayer etc...

Time and time I've recruited people who were like "Oh, do we play Swat?" It'd add for a bit of enjoyment to this evermore competitive community. I'm all for HC's suggestion.

15-minute long game of SWAT? Noooo thank you. I can barely handle a 5-min matchmaking game of it. >.>

Solus Exsequor
10-30-2013, 10:49 AM
15-minute long game of SWAT? Noooo thank you. I can barely handle a 5-min matchmaking game of it. >.>

Haha!! Gives anyone a chance of beating anyone, could switch the tables of VBD's & Legacy's supremacy, towards an even playing field!

Are you scared of the SWAT??

Jam Cliché
10-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Haha!! Gives anyone a chance of beating anyone, could switch the tables of VBD's & Legacy's supremacy, towards an even playing field!

The words "SWAT" and "even playing field" were put into the same sentence without sarcasm. I think my entire cardiac rhythmic pattern just changed.

Solus Exsequor
10-30-2013, 10:56 AM
The words "SWAT" and "even playing field" were put into the same sentence without sarcasm. I think my entire cardiac rhythmic pattern just changed.

Takes no skill, one shot kill with the loadout weapons, first shot wins it. Seems pretty fair, it means that most of the times VBD appear on the statbook it isn't a given that they'll win.

Jam Cliché
10-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Takes no skill, one shot kill with the loadout weapons, first shot wins it. Seems pretty fair, it means that most of the times VBD appear on the statbook it isn't a given that they'll win.

My friend, just because lunch for you has already passed does not mean you get to ruin MY appetite. Low blow, bro. :[

KazuhLLL
10-30-2013, 11:02 AM

LOL. I'm just as good at SWAT as I am in normal gametypes. SWAT is just an unbelievably boring one. :P

Solus Exsequor
10-30-2013, 11:05 AM
My friend, just because lunch for you has already passed does not mean you get to ruin MY appetite. Low blow, bro. :[

I haven't ate all day :)

I suggest the following gametypes to be played on battle nights from next war onwards:

SWAT
Team Plasma Pistols
Team Incin Cannons
Hill 4 (Hill lasts for a total of 4 seconds)
Team Snipers
Team Scorpions
Lightning Flag
Fiesta Classic
& Finally, Mongoose Races!

Put the fun back into the community!!

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. I'm just as good at SWAT as I am in normal gametypes. SWAT is just an unbelievably boring one. :P

Maybe not making all gametypes 15 mins would be something to look into too then

HC Theory
10-30-2013, 11:31 AM
We have 30 maps now... We'd be tripling that count with this idea.

Look, I like options too, but I'd much rather have a more thorough selection process for the 30 maps we decide to use than add more.

I said 2 or 3 maps per cluster, plus there wouldnt have to be 60 different maps if we have duplicates so that each map could be played no matter which side of the warmap its on haha. We really only need at most about 45 which is easy to come up with with out having to degrade our choice of maps.

WM Feedback
10-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Duplicates wouldn't cause a problem under this system. In fact, it wouldn't even be a problem if the warmap was symmetrical.

No need to increase the map count if we don't want to.

McL00V
10-30-2013, 02:57 PM

I understand what you're getting at, but IMO i think it just further increases the chances that VbD/Legacy/strong map control teams will dominate. Not saying i'm against it though because i'd love to have tons of variety. I would say that there either needs to be a time reduction of the gametype or no time limit, but have a score limit.

Solus Exsequor
10-30-2013, 03:02 PM
I understand what you're getting at, but IMO i think it just further increases the chances that VbD/Legacy/strong map control teams will dominate. Not saying i'm against it though because i'd love to have tons of variety. I would say that there either needs to be a time reduction of the gametype or no time limit, but have a score limit.

It could at least be attempted at very least.

McL00V
10-30-2013, 03:03 PM
It could at least be attempted at very least.

Agreed

Andimion
10-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Just an opinion, and its one I had when I was FM myself.

I felt for map selection, it should be a straight and utter shuffle who gets control of what maps.. But of course each side would get an equal in terms of 8v8, 6v6 and 4v4 maps.. Arrangement of the maps each army got would be decided by the armies HC. giving a tactical plan for each side with the cards they were dealt.

As for game types, im perfectly okay with the game types as is. Just need them all to be fixed and the maps fixed as well.

Bitch Bitch Bitch.

bl4yze
10-30-2013, 06:45 PM

I suggest the following gametypes to be played on battle nights from next war onwards:

SWAT
Team Plasma Pistols
Team Incin Cannons
Team Snipers
Team Scorpions
Lightning Flag
Fiesta Classic

- - - Updated - - -

Do this on your own time with friends. All of that sounds cancerous.

HC Theory
10-30-2013, 07:05 PM
As for game types, im perfectly okay with the game types as is. Just need them all to be fixed and the maps fixed as well.

Now I know this pertains to the Gametype thread but I truly believe that removing PP and Stickys from Personal loadouts on Heavy Maps is for the best. When you have a Vehicle a single guy shouldn't be able to take it out, remember how much fun it was to have to fight for the Lasers on Sandtrap and Vahalla or having a some good Hog vs Hog action? Saying the Each map has its own set of rules for what can and cannot be used on it would be nice but even I wouldn't want to try and govern that. But having the Heavy gametypes locked with Magnum and Frag start would work from my view.

Having a Mirrored Warmap would work but only the first 3 sectors would be mirrored with the middle unique though having two maps in each cluster would allow players to choose which they would rather play or if they didn't have the required DLC it would still give them a chance to play.

bl4yze
10-30-2013, 07:22 PM
When you have a Vehicle a single guy shouldn't be able to take it out, remember how much fun it was to have to fight for the Lasers on Sandtrap and Vahalla or having a some good Hog vs Hog action?

That's too MLG Gamebattles for me bro.

Jam Cliché
10-30-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm still not understanding the layout of this proposed warmap. Perhaps a visual illustration is in order?

VerbotenDonkey
10-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Do this on your own time with friends. All of that sounds cancerous.

So we can keep the loadouts personalized then? ;)

Jam Cliché
10-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Don't derail the topic again. You've all been warned.

bl4yze
10-30-2013, 09:01 PM
Don't derail the topic again. You've all been warned.

But making comments about adding incineration cannons to loadouts is keeping the topic on the tracks? Can't explain that.

http://arch.413chan.net/YOU-CANT-EXPLAIN-THAT-(n1303047984292).jpg

Jam Cliché
10-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Don't push it.

This thread is about a suggested revision to the warmap and map selection process for the wars. Nothing else.

C-Dumps
10-30-2013, 10:23 PM

swat does not provide an even playing field its got to be one of the worst gametypes ever its just about who sees who first. thats not fun at all

- - - Updated - - -

it is never going to be a given that VbD will win. they win because are great players and because they have teamwork. if you want to beat them you have to play better. they win fair and square and lose fair and square. sorry if they win more then they lose. but no need to bring in gametypes that are stupid just because they are a challenge

- - - Updated - - -

SWAT
Team Plasma Pistols
Team Incin Cannons
Team Snipers
Team Scorpions
Lightning Flag
Fiesta Classic

- - - Updated - - -

this has got to be the worst idea ever. these games would be fun to play on a get together game night try a saturday not on a Battle Night.

HC Theory
10-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Do not lock this thread.
Just remove comments, I only mentioned gametype changes as it is integral to which maps are to be chosen and how they are played I cant help if others feel the need to speak their mind in this thread but locking this would mean the death to this idea which has yet to receive a negative response and if implemented would help further FC and promote greater community involvement.

As to the example you asked for jam here it is, http://i.imgur.com/mN5U5oI.png Now as far as map placement I payed no attention to how many 8v8 or 4v4 maps were in each sector lol I only payed attention to that the maps in each cluster required the same amount of players 6v6 or 4v4. Now Sectors 2 and 3 could be inverted as well so that there would be less of a chance to play the same maps within a few weeks.

Jam Cliché
10-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Do not lock this thread.
Just remove comments, I only mentioned gametype changes as it is integral to which maps are to be chosen and how they are played I cant help if others feel the need to speak their mind in this thread but locking this would mean the death to this idea which has yet to receive a negative response and if implemented would help further FC and promote greater community involvement.

As to the example you asked for jam here it is, http://i.imgur.com/mN5U5oI.png Now as far as map placement I payed no attention to how many 8v8 or 4v4 maps were in each sector lol I only payed attention to that the maps in each cluster required the same amount of players 6v6 or 4v4. Now Sectors 2 and 3 could be inverted as well so that there would be less of a chance to play the same maps within a few weeks.

Relax I'm not gonna lock it.

I like the idea - I really do. If it were implemented this war, for instance, and we inverted one side of the map to the other, then I could be choosing a map like Perdition instead of Moonbase. =D

It mean, with it this way, if an army wins a planet, that planet can be attacked back by the other army but be represented by its alternate map if desired.

I'm not officially advocating this, but I will definitely save it for a rainy day.

Houdini
11-01-2013, 09:43 PM
SWAT
Team Plasma Pistols
Team Incin Cannons
Team Snipers
Team Scorpions
Lightning Flag
Fiesta Classic

Please, Please, Please, Please.

On Topic:
Having more diversity on battle nights would be a welcome addition. We don't play an excessive amount of matches each night, but the added challenge of preparing for additional maps would be very interesting.