View Full Version : FC Update 8.1

Mythonian
12-15-2013, 02:20 AM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2009/247/a/2/War_meme_by_Nemu_Asakura. jpg
http://www.fcwars.net/node/images/forerunnerconflict.png
Update 8.1

One War Done, Another In The Works

Finally, Peace!

Since August, 5 months ago, we've been fighting a war, shooting at each other and doing other war stuffz. Now, that war has ended, and peace is upon us.

We can all set down our weapons, sing kumbaya, and all roast marshmallows together around a fire.

So, since we're all friends now, transfers between armies have been opened, and anyone is able to switch sides and how see the other half live. We encourage everyone to at least give it a shot!

Peacetime Transfers: http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?13135-Peacetime-Transfers

Medal of Honor Awards

Very rarely, some members will be recognized in particular for their contributions. These Medals of Honor are given personally by the Field Marshal of each army, to a single person whom they feel deserved the award more than any other member.

So, those who shall be receiving the Medals of Honor for the Third War of Halo 4 are....

Field Marshal Zeta Crossfire awards the MoH to SatiricalAxis5

Anyone can lead a squad, but not many people can lead a squad day in and day out like Satirical can. Bellator is a good squad, they get some great wins but also some terrible lose and even with that Bellator comes back every single week and pushes through. Satiricalaxis5 is a good leader. When moral is low he talks to who's having a bad time and makes them feel better. He always has a good attitude, he is always eager to help and do more. When I got busy and couldn't run boot camps anymore SatiricalAxis5 was the only REDD officer to step up to become head DI. This war he helped lead bellator to more wins then they've seen in awhile, and through his leadership one of the oldest squads in FC has not only stayed around but flourished even as the REDD army lost many squads this war. SatiricalAxis5 is a good guy and a great leader. Forerunner Conflict is lucky to have someone of his caliber in our community
Field Marshal Blackhawk570 awards the MoH to Punctual Puppet

Amazing Squad Leadership and active participation throughout the entire war.

Both of these guys deserved it. Keep up the good work!

New Leaders Have Arrived

As always, immediately after a war, both armies set up an election to decide the next Field Marshals. Both armies have finalized their elections and have already begun getting things in motion to prepare for the future.

Below you can see who your leaders overseers will be next war!

In a landslide 28-10 victory, Anarchy (http://fcwars.net/forums/member.php?1259-Anarchy) has become the new REDD Field Marshal!
If you don't know me well, I've been in FC for two years and joined about midway through Halo: Reach. I was FM of BLUE for the final two wars of Reach, the Halo 4 Beta war, and the first full war of Halo 4. When I took the army over, it had a total of two squads. When I finally stepped down 8 months later, the army had grown to a size of 8 squads, once tipping 9 functional squads. To put it simply, I've been in a situation like this before with an army.

But this army has a lot of talented leaders, both experienced and new. Beyond that we have a lot of lively members who keep this community running. Our numbers may be low now, but they can be much, much higher, and I'm confident we can make that happen if we put our minds to it.

If FM, you'll see some changes:
-First and foremost we'll have set structure of officers, running with a lean team of flag officers and high command members who are active, dedicated, and committed to making this place better. Most flag officer positions and some HC position(s) will be up for application, and we will fill those positions with people willing to put time into FC. Those with current positions can re-apply, those who don't can take a chance, but we want the most dedicated amongst our ranks.

-Second, we'll be doing everything we can to recruit and attain recruits by making this place fun for everyone with fun maps, gametypes, and a fun atmosphere.

-Third, we'll start focusing a lot more on making this army an army, with military aspects lighting the way. I want FC to be a very interactive experience beyond just playing Halo 4 once a week and posting on a website. I want the military aspect to be there, it's a magic that makes this place special we're in danger of losing, and I will help bring that back. This will be both through battle nights and on the website, as well as having officers who can support such a system FC has.

-Finally, you're simply going to get a Field Marshal who is there, and wants the best for you and this community. This place needs life, and we're going to give it just that. We're going to make this place special again for everyone, make Halo 4 fun for you to get on and play, and most importantly, keep you coming back for more. FC shouldn't be a chore, I'll make it something worth loving again.

I just want to make this place's magic to come back. And I wont stop until it does.
In a much closer 27-20 victory, Silversleek (http://fcwars.net/forums/member.php?546-silversleek) has become the new BLUE Field Marshal!
As my opening statement, i'd just like to point out that every unit i lead does well. Echo, second assault, resistance, cyberdyne, and next, blue army, which i shall lead to yet further victories!

I have some concrete objectives i want to accomplish during my time as FM which i will outline in this speech.

First and foremost, i want to get set responsiblities for all ranks posted in a public position all the way down to enlisted. Quite a few ranks are either not used (much) or have need of new responsiblities in the changing army (colonel for a good example).

Second, is to regather the strength of our army and hopefully get us up to a batallion again.

Third, is to integrate more people into aspects of FC other than sunday battles. This includes Media and machinima, forge departments, the LARP, the FC:RP, inter-army Scrims, and guzzie's training center (which i sincerely hope he'll be willing to keep running.)

Fourth, Creation of army reports that can be both informative, and not terribly boring for those officers filling them out. (making paperwork fun, my hardest task by far.)

Fifth, Getting more people interested in DI jobs.

Sixth, filling out the seldom used, and barely known about “army field manual”

Seventh, to give REDD a war they will never forget.

I hope to have the support of my army behind me in these tasks, and plan on working towards them as, or with the field marshal. I'm open to questions at any time, but for organizations sake, please ask them in this thread!

Predicted questions:

Who do you plan on having in your highcom?

Now, some positions will be obvious, and i have people in mind for all the seats, but i won't say a word till after i'm elected. (except maybe to the people themselves.)

Why not candidate X?

Candidate X is awesome, but only one can win. If you wish to vote for candidate X, go ahead, i won't stop you.

I've heard you've been known to hang around some unsavory types and partake in less than legal activites

Those claims are completely unfounded and you'll be hearing from my lawyers. (unless you want me to hook you up, in which case, umm... talk to me later)

Congratulations to both of the new FMs. Get to work now and don't let your army slack off!

Fixin' Stuffz

So once again, since we've gone through a full war, we'd like to receive some feedback and suggestions from everyone in the community. Just like last time, I've prepared a Questionnaire that includes a wide range of questions.

Please take a few minutes and help us improve how we do things in FC!

Click for Full (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1g2omwYI9NfaX6tocl9lm-6F8yx8T_jeTzc9RUUrZaIY/viewform)
1g2omwYI9NfaX6tocl9lm-6F8yx8T_jeTzc9RUUrZaIY

TIP: Do your best to earn those bonus points!

Map & Gametype Testing

Over the next few weeks of Peacetime, the Forge Department will be hosting many events and activities to ensure that next war starts smoothly and continues as such, on toward Halo 5. Here's the current schedule:
Week 2
-Tuesday, December 17th, 9PM EST - Map testing
-Thursday, December 19th - Default Map Rankings Survey Closes
-Friday-Sunday, December 20th-22nd - Default Map Rankings Organized
-Friday-Sunday, December 20th-22nd - Meet and discuss Gametypes
(Work on Gametype Options)

Week 3
-Tuesday, December 24th, 9PM EST - Gametype testing
-Thursday, December 26th, 9PM EST - FINAL Map Testing
-Saturday, December 28th - Official Map "List" for next war
(Tweak Gametypes)

Week 4
-Sunday, December 29th, 6PM or 9PM EST - Gametype Testing
-Monday, December 30th - Poll posted to decide gametypes for next war.
(Conclude)

Anyone and everyone is asked to show up for the testing dates. We need people so that everything is worked out and things are as perfect as possible.

You can find out more details here: http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?13139-Forge-Department-Update

So... What else do we do?

Peacetime always ends up leading to a lower activity level, as people get bored, hang out with friends IRL, and whatever else humans do in their free time.

However, there's a whole slew of other activities going on. A Halo 3 Peacetime War (fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?13147-Halo-3-Peacetime-War!), The RP (http://fcwars.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?462-FC-RP), and The LARP (http://fcwars.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?302-FC-LARP), in addition to everything listed in the Update above.

Also, each army will be doing events every week, with everything from meetings, custom nights, recruitment drives, etc. Stay tuned for any army announcements to make sure you don't miss any.

So none of you have any excuses to suddenly go inactive! NO EXCUSES!

If anyone else wants to host any other activities, head on over to the Events (http://fcwars.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?240-Events) forum.

~Mythonian :cyborg:

Zeta Crossfire
12-15-2013, 02:47 AM
Mythonian is Jesus

This next war is going in be interesting to say the least. Things are going to get tough, we are going to lose more people, but I hope to see a lot more people putting in the effort. Good luck to everyone during peacetime, lets get some more recruiting done.

Also congrats to the Medal of Honor winners!

ThePajamaParty
12-15-2013, 02:51 AM
I can't wait to see what a war is like.

Silko
12-15-2013, 03:17 AM

War is hell son

Sicarioano
12-15-2013, 04:18 AM

It's not bad, goes slowly...

silversleek
12-15-2013, 04:26 AM
for the bonus points, where's the "all of the above" option?

Mythonian
12-15-2013, 04:27 AM
for the bonus points, where's the "all of the above" option?

I'd never make things that easy for you guys. Gotta think a little, and the further away from an obvious answer it is, the more bonus points it's worth.

Silko
12-15-2013, 05:09 AM
I wonder if myth will get mine

Nicholas Sapien
12-15-2013, 06:39 AM
FC RP (http://fcwars.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?462-FC-RP)
We need more people =O

filled out the form, can I get a cookie or a really cool explosion?

GhostHammer
12-15-2013, 07:21 AM
'Anada Fuck Yea!

Blackhawk570
12-15-2013, 10:42 AM
myth i made sure i picked 5 on the scale of 1-10 because that was potentially the worst rating to give you so suck it

Relapsive
12-15-2013, 01:24 PM
I rated you jesus.

Guzzie
12-15-2013, 02:27 PM
I am most looking forward to gametype fixes and adjustments. I am hopeful in that the tweaks will improve battle nights incredibly. After all, that is all we want, to have more fun.

Relapsive
12-15-2013, 03:01 PM
http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?13179-Pancakes-v-French-Toast

Maxdoggy
12-15-2013, 03:12 PM
myth i made sure i picked 5 on the scale of 1-10 because that was potentially the worst rating to give you so suck it

I did the exact same thing.

Suck it, SkyNet!

V3N0M_SIERRA
12-15-2013, 07:34 PM
War is hell son

should have ghost do another boot camp with him...

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
12-15-2013, 10:49 PM
I hope next war will be better than this one...

JamiDJ
12-15-2013, 10:51 PM
I hope next war will be better than this one...

It will, both armies leaders are working very hard to ensure that this coming war will be one everyone will remember.

Silko
12-16-2013, 12:34 AM
I have forgotten all of you already