PDA

View Full Version : Going Digital?

Anarchy
01-03-2014, 08:09 PM
With the XONE now in my living room, and a fancy new 3ds being available, I've been exposed to the idea of going all digital and buying all my games as digital downloads. But I'm curious to see what you guys think on the matter. Think it's worth it to buy and download the game, and never have to worry about losing it or selling it? Personally I never sell my games anymore, so it's a non-issue for me.

The idea of having all my games on the system itself, and being able to switch between one game or another without a disc is awesome to me. But digital downloads are usually more expensive than finding a used copy of a game online.

That being said, the games I know I will be playing a lot, will never sell, and would buy at full price release day anyway (Ex. Destiny, Halo XONE) I plan to buy digitally to always have on my console ready to play. 3ds games never drop in price it seems, so I plan to go digital there too, with a big new SD card. Nothing says portable like having 10 games all on the system, eh?

Curious to what you guys think of the digital thing. It was discussed a lot when the XONE was announced, but now that the next gen is released, think you'll go digital?

Also, if you plan to buy games digitally on the XBOX ONE, i stumbled across an ebay shop that sells some games digitally for a bit cheaper than $60:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/gtoracer44

Spattan177
01-03-2014, 08:17 PM
all depends on how many doodies MS wants to take on you.

KazuhLLL
01-03-2014, 08:19 PM
I plan to go full digital on the Xbox One just for the ability to quick-switch the games. I also hope that once more people buy digital, Microsoft will give more priority in improving the platform a la Steam.

I don't buy used anyway to support the developers (I just settle for getting fewer games), and I never trade in games because I hate Gamestop's policies and they do nothing but rip you off.

Spattan177
01-03-2014, 08:58 PM
I never trade in games because I hate Gamestop's policies and they do nothing but rip you off.

Not to mention the hundreds of "deals" the try to shove down your throat. I used to love that place. then I almost choked on a magazine deal. =P

Maxdoggy
01-03-2014, 10:54 PM
I plan to go "all digital" within the next year or so.

There's still nothing like a midnight release and a physical thing, however.

EagleOne
01-03-2014, 11:01 PM
I plan to go "all digital" within the next year or so.

There's still nothing like a midnight release and a physical thing, however.

I agree. There's no better feeling then a midnight launch with all the extra bonuses and cool things you get with a physical copy. I do wish there was some way to install the physical game and use it without a disc, but when traveling to a friend's, making it so the game can only be run without that disc on the account it was installed to. Kinda like the license transfer but better. Would be much better. Maybe it would renew that you have the game still by asking you to put it in the console once every two weeks or month?? I'd be cool with that.

Eagle out.

Maxdoggy
01-03-2014, 11:08 PM
I agree. There's no better feeling then a midnight launch with all the extra bonuses and cool things you get with a physical copy. I do wish there was some way to install the physical game and use it without a disc, but when traveling to a friend's, making it so the game can only be run without that disc on the account it was installed to. Kinda like the license transfer but better. Would be much better. Maybe it would renew that you have the game still by asking you to put it in the console once every two weeks or month?? I'd be cool with that.

Eagle out.

So you mean what the original plan for the Xbox One was? xD

Zeta Crossfire
01-03-2014, 11:09 PM
I don't plan on ever going full digital. The amount of video game companies that have risen and fallen have been a lot. If it start going all digital now there isn't a guarantee I can redownload games 10 years down the line. I still play my old N64 games just fine, that doesn't mean I won't buy digital games just not the main ones I like to play.

EagleOne
01-03-2014, 11:33 PM
So you mean what the original plan for the Xbox One was? xD

Similar except the disc could still be used, not a one time only disc.

Eagle out.