PDA

View Full Version : Your Web Admin is a Moron (aka Prizes update)

Metkil5685
01-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Hey everyone,

Metkil here for my bi-monthly post. So you know those prizes you guys are suppose to get? Well, I sent out those PMs a while back.

Or so I thought.....

After talking to Guzzie today about it, I came to the realization that the PMs that I "sent" were in fact not sent. Instead, they were saved as a draft.

I'm a moron.

Expect those prize PMs this afternoon now.

>_>

Cheers,
Metkil5685
World's Worst Web Admin

Guzzie
01-14-2014, 01:53 PM
[1/14/14 12:44:28 PM] Zach "Metkil aka Plays Too Much EVE" Small: Oh yea since I got you
[1/14/14 12:44:56 PM] Zach "Metkil aka Plays Too Much EVE" Small: I know your one of prize winners, did you ever get my PM about prize redemption from like 2 months ago?
[1/14/14 12:45:02 PM] Kevin "Guzzie" Guzman: no lol
[1/14/14 12:45:03 PM] Zach "Metkil aka Plays Too Much EVE" Small: I have a severe lack of responses
[1/14/14 12:45:06 PM] Zach "Metkil aka Plays Too Much EVE" Small: :|
[1/14/14 12:45:21 PM] Kevin "Guzzie" Guzman: i got a tshirt and stickers i believe
[1/14/14 12:45:46 PM] Zach "Metkil aka Plays Too Much EVE" Small: I got ya for a shirt
[1/14/14 12:46:03 PM] Zach "Metkil aka Plays Too Much EVE" Small: But yea that's odd because I sent those messages out
[1/14/14 12:46:30 PM] Kevin "Guzzie" Guzman: i never got anything
[1/14/14 12:46:35 PM] Zach "Metkil aka Plays Too Much EVE" Small: omfg
[1/14/14 12:46:35 PM] Kevin "Guzzie" Guzman: what do u need
[1/14/14 12:46:42 PM] Zach "Metkil aka Plays Too Much EVE" Small: I'm a bloody fucking moron
[1/14/14 12:46:42 PM] Kevin "Guzzie" Guzman: my address? size? color?
[1/14/14 12:46:56 PM] Zach "Metkil aka Plays Too Much EVE" Small: They are all saved as a draft right now
[1/14/14 12:47:00 PM] Zach "Metkil aka Plays Too Much EVE" Small: @_@
[1/14/14 12:47:01 PM] Kevin "Guzzie" Guzman: .........
[1/14/14 12:47:03 PM] Kevin "Guzzie" Guzman: ........
[1/14/14 12:47:05 PM] Kevin "Guzzie" Guzman: lol
[1/14/14 12:47:08 PM] Zach "Metkil aka Plays Too Much EVE" Small: Please shoot me
[1/14/14 12:47:52 PM] Kevin "Guzzie" Guzman: should probably send those out
[1/14/14 12:47:53 PM] Kevin "Guzzie" Guzman: haha
[1/14/14 12:51:17 PM] Zach "Metkil aka Plays Too Much EVE" Small: http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?13328-Your-Web-Admin-is-a-Moron-(aka-Prizes-update)&p=153528#post153528
[1/14/14 12:51:22 PM] Zach "Metkil aka Plays Too Much EVE" Small: Please commence the bashing
[1/14/14 12:51:50 PM] Kevin "Guzzie" Guzman: im just going to copy paste our convo
[1/14/14 12:52:03 PM] Kevin "Guzzie" Guzman: of you calling urself a"bloody fucking moron"
[1/14/14 12:52:04 PM] Kevin "Guzzie" Guzman: lolo

Yup. That did happen.

silversleek
01-14-2014, 01:56 PM
#blame metkil

Silko
01-14-2014, 01:59 PM
http://itscol.es/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/herp_derp.jpg

Relapsive
01-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Good one, btw destiny please and thanks.

VerbotenDonkey
01-14-2014, 02:22 PM
I don't believe you.

Fuzzy
01-14-2014, 03:08 PM
I don't believe you.

This times 1000.

Maxdoggy
01-14-2014, 03:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TmlSU1p.jpg

Silko
01-14-2014, 08:04 PM

LOL

Blackhawk570
01-14-2014, 10:12 PM

Great meme! Take all my ash!

xXReiBearXx
02-11-2014, 02:22 PM

I think what is funnier is that I had no idea I had won something since I havent been here in ages and yet I get a email saying I had a message and low and behold! I got a prize woot woot!

Blackhawk570
02-11-2014, 02:56 PM
still haven't received my complimentary metkil snot filled tissue

EagleOne
02-28-2014, 08:58 PM
I think I'm supposed to get something... But that was for helping Raz Vader out when he needed $$$.

Something about an XboxONE? :P

Eagle out.

WolfPack23
03-02-2014, 02:07 AM
So... about those prizes Metkil?

Silko
03-02-2014, 02:29 AM
I was wondering if anyone actually ever got those prizes yet

Fuzzy
03-02-2014, 02:36 AM

Not a fuckin' chance!

Nicholas Sapien
03-02-2014, 03:57 AM

lol nope

silversleek
03-02-2014, 06:23 AM
lol nope

Maxdoggy
03-02-2014, 10:40 AM

Silko
03-02-2014, 02:36 PM
I get that Metkil is a college kid so he is going to be busy, but it doesn't take years to mail shit. Hell I would be stupid pissed if I was Devon right now. Guy won Destiny and still hasn't gotten anything. Seeing as you need to pre order to take part of the beta and the beta is Spring 2014 and it is now March..... just saying

Fuzzy
03-02-2014, 04:21 PM
I get that Metkil is a college kid so he is going to be busy, but it doesn't take years to mail shit. Hell I would be stupid pissed if I was Devon right now. Guy won Destiny and still hasn't gotten anything. Seeing as you need to pre order to take part of the beta and the beta is Spring 2014 and it is now March..... just saying

Exactly I can understand taking a few weeks after the prizes were announced but I literally have been waiting more than 2 years for my sticker and many others have been waiting more than a year for their prizes.

Relapsive
03-02-2014, 05:55 PM
I also would like Destiny pre order info as well.

Getting kinda ridiculous at this point for everyone.

Maxdoggy
03-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Update from Metkil via a Skype Chat I had with him:

90% of the prizes have been put in the mail. If you're a Canuck, it's probably gonna take longer to get to you than someone in the good ol' US of A.

Relapsive, check your PM box for that message Metty sent you a month ago. According to Metkil, the situation is the same atm.

Silko
03-03-2014, 03:04 AM
Update from Metkil via a Skype Chat I had with him:

90% of the prizes have been put in the mail. If you're a Canuck, it's probably gonna take longer to get to you than someone in the good ol' US of A.

Relapsive, check your PM box for that message Metty sent you a month ago. According to Metkil, the situation is the same atm.

Just want to point something out. He can get on skype with you but he can't be bothered to go to the forums to make an actual post? You will have to excuse me for thinking that these post are nothing but bullshit to keep people waiting even logger so it can buy time for Metkil. I fail to understand why this has taken so long. Hundreds of dollars have been donated to this site so it is most diffidently not a money issue and if it is then Metkil should have set the money aside for every single prize that has been promised BEFORE he did the games and lotteries for said prizes. Now before someone ask, no I did not win a single prize so no that is not why I am bothered by this. I am bothered by the fact that this bullshit has taken this long to do. Individuals like Fuzzy have waited 2 years for a sticker. A STICKER. Mailing items is not difficult at all. It is so simple that a 3 year old can do it. I have literately seen my little sister when she was 3 years old send mail across the US so I think big boy Metkil can figure it out.

Fuzzy
03-03-2014, 03:06 AM
Just want to point something out. He can get on skype with you but he can't be bothered to go to the forums to make an actual post? You will have to excuse me for thinking that these post are nothing but bullshit to keep people waiting even logger so it can buy time for Metkil. I fail to understand why this has taken so long. Hundreds of dollars have been donated to this site so it is most diffidently not a money issue and if it is then Metkil should have set the money aside for every single prize that has been promised BEFORE he did the games and lotteries for said prizes. Now before someone ask, no I did not win a single prize so no that is not why I am bothered by this. I am bothered by the fact that this bullshit has taken this long to do. Individuals like Fuzzy have waited 2 years for a sticker. A STICKER. Mailing items is not difficult at all. It is so simple that a 3 year old can do it. I have literately seen my little sister when she was 3 years old send mail across the US so I think big boy Metkil can figure it out.

#PreachIt

Nicholas Sapien
03-03-2014, 09:57 AM

#PreachIt

Yehsus
03-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Who the fuck cares about a sticker?

Breathe children.

Nicholas Sapien
03-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Who the fuck cares about a sticker?

Breathe children.

bad kids

WolfPack23
03-03-2014, 05:47 PM
It's not so much the sticker though that'd be nice, it's more the shirt I want so I can represent FC.

Lol its James
03-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Metkil just stated that almost everything is in the mail, lets lay off him. He has it sent, now just wait.

WM Feedback
03-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Not to jump on the hate wagon, but this all raises bigger issues with me.

When I consider making more site donations, and I remember that my money is going to Metkil's personal paypal account, I think about this thread and it doesn't inspire confidence.

I wouldn't mind a little more transparency in terms of what the donation money is being used for.

Fuzzy
03-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Not to jump on the hate wagon, but this all raises bigger issues with me.

When I consider making more site donations, and I remember that my money is going to Metkil's personal paypal account, I think about this thread and it doesn't inspire confidence.

I wouldn't mind a little more transparency in terms of what the donation money is being used for.

Especially that we have this piece of quotation that is extremely worrisome from a conversation between Metkil and Mythonian prior to the FC Anniversary last summer when deciding on the prizes that were to be given out...(Anyone in current WC can trace back to the thread in which we were deciding prizes and will find that Myth posted this)

[7:56:35 PM] Zach "Metkil" Small: I had to use $20 for personal usage, so I can supplement 20 from my bank account

JamiDJ
03-03-2014, 09:28 PM
I just want to say, thank you metkil for keeping this site going, and allowing us all to use it as we do. I will continue to make donations to this site, because I have enough trust in it to donate. I plan on making DONATIONS because that is exactly what they are. Donations.

Thanks again!

Relapsive
03-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Lol, Ps by the way he said he wouldnt be able to pre-order it till march. Its march 3rd, I'm just wondering if I will get anymore info soon is all.

KazuhLLL
03-03-2014, 10:19 PM
I just want to say, thank you metkil for keeping this site going, and allowing us all to use it as we do. I will continue to make donations to this site, because I have enough trust in it to donate. I plan on making DONATIONS because that is exactly what they are. Donations.

Thanks again!

#PraiseMetkil

Maxdoggy
03-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Lol, Ps by the way he said he wouldnt be able to pre-order it till march. Its march 3rd, I'm just wondering if I will get anymore info soon is all.

He has stopped reading this thread weeks ago. PM him. Get in touch with him on Skype.

WolfPack23
03-04-2014, 08:59 AM
If he is even in the mood to answer.

Lol its James
03-04-2014, 10:31 AM

Thanks again!

#PraiseMetkil

MedeDust
03-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Oh I'd like to congratulate all those who manage to look past what Metkil actually does for the community, for free, and that quote that has been thrown around about him borrowing money for personal use, kill it. Even if it's true, does it matter that much? I can speak from experience, keeping up with community is such a hassle considering the real life we're living, or at least some of us. Yet after all the time we give to the website we truly don't ask for anything but the respect we believe we deserve, I speak for everyone who's shoe fits.

If you find yourself in a place where you believe you can do better, go right ahead and take a place, you guys donate hundreds of dollars? We were apart of that and we donated our skills and time, and even sleep. I agree, I'm not the best Artist, leader, or moderator, but I can at least say I've held my tongue from complaining about issues and actually brought solutions.

I'm not in a great place myself with Work, school, and family, which is why I've obviously lacked activity on the website. To come back and see that the banner still says Rec 3, it discomforts me, however, the reason I chose not to update it was because I knew it'd be too much for me this time so I held back until I could get the important things in my life sorted. This, is, exactly what Metkil goes through, but you can sit there and be the comfortable one while we do everything to at least try to keep this place alive. Go ahead and be the fat boy complaining while others, even if they fail to do everything they say they will, at least try.

Honest to my every bone, the Respected Member group grew because of the simple guidelines, if it were for me, a lot wouldn't actually be there.

Fuzzy
03-05-2014, 03:43 AM
MedeDust a lot of things you posted are rather questionable to be honest and since I do respect you I will explain myself...

and that quote that has been thrown around about him borrowing money for personal use, kill it. Even if it's true, does it matter that much?

Yes! A thousand times yes it matters! In most scenarios it would be down right illegal to take money that is not yours that is directed towards an organization, just because we have no contract our form being linked before donating doesn't mean that you should be abusing those rights. It really does not matter if they will pay it back or how trustworthy they are you should NEVER take money in that way.

I currently am in a position at my university in which I am in charge of finance of an academic society (vague description to protect privacy) and I am put in charge of thousands of dollars and I would be kicked out of university and charged if I was even to take 20$ and pay it back. I also had to recently purchase an Ipad Mini and many other prizes that I had to give out to the recipients of a contest we held and I also had to purchase flowers and gift certificates for speakers on many occasions. It is honestly not that difficult of a task.

you guys donate hundreds of dollars? We were apart of that and we donated our skills and time, and even sleep.

So was I Mede, hence why I was an extremely active WC Vote for the past 2 years before I finally resigned because I did not have the time to fully commit myself to that position. Yet I still manage to be on the forums more than 50% of people in leadership positions... that is a HUGE concern, the army leaders are currently holding up activity but I honestly can not say that for the rest of leadership and I say this because I care for the community. I can not stress this enough, if you don't have the time to commit to the position than don't take the position or resign!

If you find yourself in a place where you believe you can do better, go right ahead and take a place

but you can sit there and be the comfortable one while we do everything to at least try to keep this place alive. Go ahead and be the fat boy complaining while others, even if they fail to do everything they say they will, at least try.

Were it so easy, I tried helping out but some guy named MedeDust never even sent out my request to help out to others 4 months ago...

Now I fully understand that you are defending your friend and all, and I am not saying Metkil does not deserve respect from the things he has done. But I am not going to sit here and pretend that there is no issues or pretend that mistakes have not been made. Issues should not be hidden and people should not be shamed of bringing them up as that promotes a very bad culture.

Honest to my every bone, the Respected Member group grew because of the simple guidelines, if it were for me, a lot wouldn't actually be there.

And sad that you think that way, and since you want to be aggressive if I may respond with an equally aggressive comment. If it were me a lot of Precursors wouldn't actually be there.

Now if people want FC to actually grow and get out of the position it currently is in the issues can not be hidden under the rug and they need to be fixed.

Thanks!

Relapsive
03-05-2014, 07:42 AM
MedeDust a lot of things you posted are rather questionable to be honest and since I do respect you I will explain myself...

Yes! A thousand times yes it matters! In most scenarios it would be down right illegal to take money that is not yours that is directed towards an organization, just because we have no contract our form being linked before donating doesn't mean that you should be abusing those rights. It really does not matter if they will pay it back or how trustworthy they are you should NEVER take money in that way.

I currently am in a position at my university in which I am in charge of finance of an academic society (vague description to protect privacy) and I am put in charge of thousands of dollars and I would be kicked out of university and charged if I was even to take 20$ and pay it back. I also had to recently purchase an Ipad Mini and many other prizes that I had to give out to the recipients of a contest we held and I also had to purchase flowers and gift certificates for speakers on many occasions. It is honestly not that difficult of a task.

So was I Mede, hence why I was an extremely active WC Vote for the past 2 years before I finally resigned because I did not have the time to fully commit myself to that position. Yet I still manage to be on the forums more than 50% of people in leadership positions... that is a HUGE concern, the army leaders are currently holding up activity but I honestly can not say that for the rest of leadership and I say this because I care for the community. I can not stress this enough, if you don't have the time to commit to the position than don't take the position or resign!

Were it so easy, I tried helping out but some guy named MedeDust never even sent out my request to help out to others 4 months ago...

Now I fully understand that you are defending your friend and all, and I am not saying Metkil does not deserve respect from the things he has done. But I am not going to sit here and pretend that there is no issues or pretend that mistakes have not been made. Issues should not be hidden and people should not be shamed of bringing them up as that promotes a very bad culture.

And sad that you think that way, and since you want to be aggressive if I may respond with an equally aggressive comment. If it were me a lot of Precursors wouldn't actually be there.

Now if people want FC to actually grow and get out of the position it currently is in the issues can not be hidden under the rug and they need to be fixed.

Thanks!

#FuzzyForFounder

Mythonian
03-05-2014, 08:38 AM
a lot of things you posted are rather questionable to be honest and since I do respect you I will explain myself...Same to you.

Please don't imply that anything he did was illegal in the slightest, because it wasn't. fcwars.net is technically classified as a business. Metkil is the owner of that business. He owns the copyright and pays taxes on the revenue from the site. Common practice would be for him to have a paycheck out of that revenue, but instead he decided to use that money for prizes and such.

It appears your "academic society" is classified as a Non-Profit Organization, which is very different and therefore your analogy is invalid.

Issues should not be hidden and people should not be shamed of bringing them up as that promotes a very bad culture.Two things.

1. The only issue is the length of time this has been going on. That length of time has not been hidden in the slightest. It is now being resolved, so that issue will soon be gone. Other than that, the main issue remains to be inactivity.

2. You know what else "promotes a very bad culture"? People attacking and insulting others constantly. That's why we have the Accords.

Nicholas Sapien
03-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Same to you.

Please don't imply that anything he did was illegal in the slightest, because it wasn't. fcwars.net is technically classified as a business. Metkil is the owner of that business. He owns the copyright and pays taxes on the revenue from the site. Common practice would be for him to have a paycheck out of that revenue, but instead he decided to use that money for prizes and such.

It appears your "academic society" is classified as a Non-Profit Organization, which is very different and therefore your analogy is invalid.

Two things.

1. The only issue is the length of time this has been going on. That length of time has not been hidden in the slightest. It is now being resolved, so that issue will soon be gone. Other than that, the main issue remains to be inactivity.

2. You know what else "promotes a very bad culture"? People attacking and insulting others constantly. That's why we have the Accords.

:bigpanda:
Senpai you always know what to do :D

MedeDust
03-05-2014, 03:35 PM
That being said, any further questions or comments can be addressed over personal messaging.

Closed.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c287/Maxdoggy/FCclosetopicFC.jpg