PDA

View Full Version : I call upon you!

Relapsive
01-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Okay I need some help, my phone just finally crapped out. Now i'm confused on what i would like for a next phone i have a general idea but I need some help.

There are 4 choices.

-LG G2
-Samsung Galaxy 4
-Iphone 5s
-HTC One

They all have their useful properties for me, currently i'm leaning towards the G2, but I wanted to hear from you all.

Maxdoggy
01-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Which service provider do you have, more importantly?

Zeta Crossfire
01-17-2014, 12:08 PM
HTC One I'd the best phone I've ever owned. Speakers are great, just the right size, fast, just a great phone.

Maxdoggy
01-17-2014, 12:12 PM
If you have Verizon, get a Droid Maxx. Best battery life on the market in a Google/Motorola phone (so it gets updates much faster than everyone else - I'm looking at you, LG).

If you're not on Verizon, the LG G2 is a good alternative. Similar battery life. Slightly larger screen. But it's LG, and their support for their phones in the long-term has a bad track record.

Silko
01-17-2014, 12:51 PM
If AT&T the S4 or the HTC

Lol its James
01-17-2014, 12:59 PM
I have had Iphones for ever lol. But in my own perspective, battery life is horrible for the Iphones. On all the Iphones.

Relapsive
01-17-2014, 01:33 PM
Sorry about that i forgot to mention that much, i have sprint :(

xxXENOPIRATExx
01-17-2014, 02:19 PM
just get an iphone and jailbreak it. then you can change carriers and do tons of cool stuff.

Guzzie
01-17-2014, 02:31 PM
I am an apple fanboy so i wont be able to give you an unbiased opinion. But the S4 is a pretty decent phone. Specs wise, it is very powerful, but the iphone 5s out performs it when benchmarked against each other. The build quality of the iphone 5s is great. The S4 feels cheap because of the plastic, but you can remove the back case and use multiple micro sd cards with it.

Between the two, I would go with the iphone 5s, but again, I am an apple fanboy lol.

Silko
01-17-2014, 05:21 PM
I am an apple fanboy

http://gregoutofdebt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/yodafail.jpg

V3N0M_SIERRA
01-17-2014, 05:35 PM
having only owned androids, with all my friends owning iphones, battery life is better in most of their different gens of iphones than pretty well all the android phones

IX Dr Doom XI
01-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Jailbroken Iphone is great, if you can get get it now with ios7.0.4 u can jailbrake it which I believe is their most recent release so you get the new features & look but get to play pokemon lol

bl4yze
01-18-2014, 01:24 AM
Jailbroken Iphone is great, if you can get get it now with ios7.0.4 u can jailbrake it which I believe is their most recent release so you get the new features & look but get to play pokemon lol

There's a lot more you can do with a jailbroken iPhone too. I haven't upgraded to whatever version of iOS they introduced wifi tethering, but I can do that with a tweak. I can get in-App purchases for free. As Doom said I can play NES and SNES emulators. Themes and shit to make it pretty. Of course, free apps from the app store. The list goes on. I haven't had any experience with any other phones other than flip phones so I can't tell you what to get.

HighLight
01-18-2014, 01:57 AM
get iph0ne dweeb

You can play pokemon w/o having it jailbroken. ;)

Silko
01-18-2014, 02:35 AM
Can also play pokemon with an android. Zero problems at all and I don't have to fuck with my phone

EagleOne
01-18-2014, 03:31 AM
Can also play pokemon with an android. Zero problems at all and I don't have to fuck with my phone

Every Android user screws with their phone regardless of needing to or not. I'm still rockin' the iPhone 4S, Research in Motion Blackberry lasted 6 months before it died. Nokia is the phone to survive an atomic bomb, and Android is like the kid in class who cheats and copies from Apple.

Eagle out.

Silko
01-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Every Android user screws with their phone regardless of needing to or not. I'm still rockin' the iPhone 4S, Research in Motion Blackberry lasted 6 months before it died. Nokia is the phone to survive an atomic bomb, and Android is like the kid in class who cheats and copies from Apple.

Eagle out.

lol at the droid part. You do know that Apple steals from anyone and everyone right? Steve Jobs is the modern Thomas Edison. But at least Edison actually created some of his shit Steve Jobs didn't do a damn thing.

oh and of course

Silko Doesn't Give a Fuck

Relapsive
01-18-2014, 02:06 PM
get iph0ne dweeb

You can play pokemon w/o having it jailbroken. ;)

I couldnt figure out how to do that yet.

Maxdoggy
01-18-2014, 06:27 PM
If you can wait until April/May, the new HTC One and S5 will be announced at the Mobile World Congress in March.

If you don't want to wait: What is the most important thing you need in a phone? Battery Life? Screen size? Operating system? Processing Speed? Etc.

Fuzzy
01-18-2014, 08:21 PM
lol at the droid part. You do know that Apple steals from anyone and everyone right? Steve Jobs is the modern Thomas Edison. But at least Edison actually created some of his shit Steve Jobs didn't do a damn thing.

oh and of course

Silko Doesn't Give a Fuck

lol silko I hate on Apple a lot but at least I am not retarded about it.

Thomas Edison was a maximum level douche bag that killed cats and scammed Nikola Tesla, Steve Jobs was just a bit over his head and dickish but at least he didn't kill a man with xrays.

Mythonian
01-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Android has over ~80% of the smartphone market share compared to Apple's ~13%. http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=pr US24442013

iPhones are a niche product, and pretty much have been all along. I don't really hate on people who get them, but I have yet to see anything about them that makes them worth even half of their price.

Blackhawk570
01-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Android has over ~80% of the smartphone market share compared to Apple's ~13%. http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=pr US24442013

iPhones are a niche product, and pretty much have been all along. I don't really hate on people who get them, but I have yet to see anything about them that makes them worth even half of their price.

Myth your input means nothing to Relapsive. Your value and contribution to our society has been simply meaningless. Anytime you have input into something we (forerunner conflict members) disregard anything you have to say because we don't believe you are intelligent enough to have ANY input on an issue. Could you please refrain from posting in intellectual discussions so we as humans can carry along with our intelligent discussion.

Fuzzy
01-18-2014, 09:05 PM
Myth your input means nothing to Relapsive. Your value and contribution to our society has been simply meaningless. Anytime you have input into something we (forerunner conflict members) disregard anything you have to say because we don't believe you are intelligent enough to have ANY input on an issue. Could you please refrain from posting in intellectual discussions so we as humans can carry along with our intelligent discussion.

QFT

Silko
01-18-2014, 09:34 PM
lol silko I hate on Apple a lot but at least I am not retarded about it.

Thomas Edison was a maximum level douche bag that killed cats and scammed Nikola Tesla, Steve Jobs was just a bit over his head and dickish but at least he didn't kill a man with xrays.

Is steve jobs as much as a jackass as Thomas Edison? No of course not but the concept still applies. Steve Jobs road on the sholders of others and stole ideas and tech from other people.

Mythonian
01-18-2014, 09:55 PM

So I guess this is you admitting to wasting money on an iPhone?

V3N0M_SIERRA
01-18-2014, 10:13 PM
honestly on contract iphones and androids cost about the same, however iphones are guarunteed software updates wheras androids are not. everyone can agree however that battery life for all smartphones needs to be improved.

Blackhawk570
01-19-2014, 01:39 AM
So I guess this is you admitting to wasting money on an iPhone?

Why am I not allowed to edit your post?

EagleOne
01-19-2014, 03:04 AM
Is steve jobs as much as a jackass as Thomas Edison? No of course not but the concept still applies. Steve Jobs road on the sholders of others and stole ideas and tech from other people.

And who created Android? I'm sure he'll be remembered just like Jobs and Edison.

Eagle out.

P.S. Silko, you gotta be more consistent if you're never gonna give a @!*#.

Mythonian
01-19-2014, 03:21 AM
And who created Android? I'm sure he'll be remembered just like Jobs and Edison.

Android was developed by the Open Handset Alliance, which is a consortium of many corporations working together to create open-source, high-quality handheld software.

V3N0M_SIERRA
01-19-2014, 05:38 AM
ahem actually android was created by Android, Inc which was backed by google then purchased by google in 2005. OHA didnt form until 2007.

- - - Updated - - -

and one of the creators was andy rubin, former founder and ceo of Danger inc, a former engineer for carl zeiss, and apple inc.

Relapsive
01-19-2014, 10:50 AM
@ Max, um mostly focused on the processor, battery life, good OS and something that not gonna crap out on me within a year.

Maxdoggy
01-19-2014, 12:08 PM
@ Max, um mostly focused on the processor, battery life, good OS and something that not gonna crap out on me within a year.

The only phone with good battery life on your list is the G2. It also has the fastest processor, clock-wise.

If I were you and could wait a few months, I would. Idk your situation fully though.

Mythonian
01-19-2014, 12:19 PM
ahem actually android was created by Android, Inc which was backed by google then purchased by google in 2005. OHA didnt form until 2007.

And the first phone wasn't released until October, 2008.

Android, Inc. laid the foundations of the operating system, but saying they "created" it is a bit too much, considering the first phone wasn't released until they had ceased existence for 3 years. It's probably more accurate to say Google did it, and then the OHA has been doing everything for the last 6 years.

Relapsive
01-19-2014, 01:39 PM
The only phone with good battery life on your list is the G2. It also has the fastest processor, clock-wise.

If I were you and could wait a few months, I would. Idk your situation fully though.

Which one would you be waiting for the S5, or the new HTC one?

Anarchy
01-19-2014, 01:46 PM
I have a droid 4. If you want an actual keyboard, it's an amazing choice. I can't stand touch screen keyboards...

But running an emulator on a droid is as simple as downloading one off the play store, and roms are just as easy if you find the right app.

Relapsive
01-19-2014, 01:52 PM
Thats not an option for me I don't have Verizon, but either way I don't mind a touch screen keyboard or not.

Anarchy
01-19-2014, 02:38 PM
Thats not an option for me I don't have Verizon, but either way I don't mind a touch screen keyboard or not.

I forgot it's Verizon only. My bad.

Regardless, I would recommend a droid over an apply.

Relapsive
01-19-2014, 04:36 PM
I appreciate everyones input, and I have decided that I will be going with the iPhone 5s cause im an iPhone fan boy, but thanks nonetheless!

V3N0M_SIERRA
01-19-2014, 06:02 PM
actually, google has been doing all of the software development for android. oha hasnt really been active since like 2010

Houdini
01-19-2014, 06:47 PM
I appreciate everyones input, and I have decided that I will be going with the iPhone 5s cause im an iPhone fan boy, but thanks nonetheless!

Do you have any other Apple products?

Silko
01-19-2014, 06:49 PM

Baby back bitch

Relapsive
01-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Do you have any other Apple products?

Not at this moment but i had the iphone 4s and an i touch back in the day. I dont like their computers, just there phones.

Maxdoggy
01-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Not at this moment but i had the iphone 4s and an i touch back in the day. I dont like their computers, just there phones.

Be prepared for terrible battery life.

I would personally be waiting for the new HTC One (metal casing, AWESOME BoomSound speakers that'll make your iPhone whine like a baby, Android, etc).

To be fair, the iPhone is idiot-proof. :P

Relapsive
01-19-2014, 08:32 PM
Well, I bought the chargining case with it, so its not gonna die. ;)

Maxdoggy
01-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Well, I bought the chargining case with it, so its not gonna die. ;)

When you have to buy an accessory/case to make your smartphone capable of doing basic things (i.e. not dying), you're gonna have a bad time.

Enjoy your super thick phone! :P

Silko
01-22-2014, 02:04 AM
why are people still voting in here? He already got his shitty Iphone

purple gamer 17
01-22-2014, 07:19 PM
why are people still voting in here? He already got his shitty Iphone
I'm glad that people know what is good and bad around here.

Harry
01-23-2014, 03:52 AM
Can't go wrong with a "HarryTheChin" phone ;)

Asseroya
01-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Why is iPhone on the list.
C'mon guys
C'mon