PDA

View Full Version : Titanfall ( worth getting an X1? )

RaZ Vader
02-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Greetings all. Yeah, I do not post much, and would love to hear some honest opinions on Titanfall. I have not played any of the beta.

I am toying around with the idea on getting an X1 once titanfall is released. However, the smart side of me is saying that it is not worth spending $500 for one game. I could just upgrade my PC a bit and play their, but I wouldn't be able to play with any of you fine people.

At any rate, bottom line, (do not be biased here) is it worth getting an X1 to play titanfall with your comrades?

I may have just answered my own question.

Till next time.

Maxdoggy
02-23-2014, 02:48 PM
Did you have the chance to play the Titanfall Beta or Alpha at all, RaZ?

RaZ Vader
02-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Did you have the chance to play the Titanfall Beta or Alpha at all, RaZ?

If you learn to read max, I did state that I did not get to play any of the beta or alpha. lol

Maxdoggy
02-23-2014, 02:55 PM
If you learn to read max, I did state that I did not get to play any of the beta or alpha. lol

Reading is difficult with the Michigan vs. MSU Basketball game on. Apologies.

Having an Xbox One, I wasn't terribly excited about Titanfall. Then I got invited to the closed Alpha.

After the Alpha was over, I went to GameStop and pre-ordered Titanfall. Take that as you will.

Overall, it's incredibly fun.

Anarchy
02-23-2014, 03:42 PM
I gave no shits about titanfall before the beta. When the beta came, I was amazed. Remember playing Halo 1/2 the first time and realizing that the experience was unique, genuine, balanced, and just plain fun? Titanfall gives that fresh feeling. It's not the end all to video games, but it's the first shooter I've seen in a long while that looks to actually remain popular for over a year in the future. A lot of mobility, fresh maps, and honestly I think it plays as much like halo as it does CoD.

Also, depending on what state you're in, if you buy one off amazon, you won't be charged sales tax, which saved me like $30. Plus they have used ones for $450, you'd be saving $50-$80 while still getting the factory warranty.

GEET ITT.
Also re-enlist.

VerbotenDonkey
02-23-2014, 03:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/O19VJxC.gif

Maxdoggy
02-23-2014, 03:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/O19VJxC.gif

YOU TAKE THAT IMAGE BACK TO REDDIT RIGHT NOW, QUINN! YOU DO IT RIGHT NOW! GIVE IT BACK!!!

PS*, PC and Xbox FTW. Titanfall FTW. Plus, listen to Anarchy.

*Does not mean PlayStation

Blackhawk570
02-23-2014, 10:09 PM
Idk if there are even a lot of people that have an Xbox one here

Maxdoggy
02-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Idk if there are even a lot of people that have an Xbox one here

As far as I know: Myself, Anarchy, Doug (Funk), XENOPIRATE, Mede, Recanz, UnfoldedFreedom, KillerGunny, more?

Anarchy
02-23-2014, 10:25 PM
Jewmanji, purple, haha, crazykiller, juicyparrot,

purple gamer 17
02-23-2014, 10:26 PM
I played the beta for two days... I kinda saw it as a Halo 3 style Call of duty game with big things to kill. I was more pumped for the game before I played it.

Blackhawk570
02-23-2014, 11:43 PM
how the hell u aren't going to include me for xbox one

Maxdoggy
02-24-2014, 12:04 AM
how the hell u aren't going to include me for xbox one

Because adding your name to the list would make RaZ not want to get an Xbox One. lmao

RaZ Vader
02-24-2014, 12:59 AM
Because adding your name to the list would make RaZ not want to get an Xbox One. lmao

Too Late...

I'll remember the good times... :')

zZ Dr K Zz
02-24-2014, 02:22 AM
I played the open beta on PC and absolutely loved it! I was addicted to the game. Jumping on titan's and shooting them in the head never got old. For the first few hours of the game, I spent most of my time out of the titan and just having it follow me around, when I got bored of that I jumped into the titan for the final day of the beta. It brought on an awesome and new experience :)

The coolest part of the beta was being able to hack spectre and have a squad of them following you around, so damn cool!

Is it worth a new console? In my opinion no, I would rather wait for a few more triple a titles to come out. And my pc is built for gaming now, so there's that.

Based on the beta though, Titanfall is GOTY worthy. It's fresh and fun as hell, its nice to have a quality "Mech" game built for multiplayer.

Nicholas Sapien
02-24-2014, 03:22 AM
xbox one is for chumps

Maxdoggy
02-24-2014, 11:24 AM
Titanfall Xbox One Bundle announced:

http://bit.ly/1h5qJUw

JEWmanji
02-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Titanfall Xbox One Bundle announced:

http://bit.ly/1h5qJUw

Probably one of the better deals you'll find at the moment for both. I've always been excited for titanfall cause i'm a sucker for mechs but after playing the beta i'm even more excited for it. Its a fresh new game that plays with familiarity from both halo and CoD plus its supposed to be releasing with 16 maps and more after that so it seems like it will be a game that will keep you entertained for a very long time

zZ Dr K Zz
02-24-2014, 03:26 PM
Oh and the wallrunning/jumping is so damn seamless and easy that it makes it a blast to play. This game has so much going and so much to do, but the controls are so well done and thought out. <3 this game

Breezy
02-24-2014, 05:41 PM
Lol, still trying to get this X1

JEWmanji
02-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Also it played smoother in the beta than BF4 does now so there's that

Anarchy
02-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Also it played smoother in the beta than BF4 does now so there's that

BF4 wasn't really developed for the XONE xD.

JEWmanji
02-25-2014, 02:02 AM

Still it didn't even run very smoothly on the 360

zZ Dr K Zz
02-25-2014, 02:15 AM
I don't think BF4 was really developed to be stable. AT ALL.

Got it on PC and its still a POS.

Ex Zen Mute
03-16-2014, 01:09 PM
I have an Xbox One and I got it for PC.