PDA

View Full Version : FC: Dark Rain Promo

Carpe Vexillum
03-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Take it or leave it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7bkidZLfto

Deathhawk
03-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Chocolate rain? Some stay dry.... others feel the pain?
Kuhblam, SING IT!

Here's my criticism; if you don't want it just don't read.

I liked the idea, the theme worked well with the aesthetics. I felt like you could have delivered more on that front; though.
The fundamentals still need work, but I understand that's the most annoying thing to be criticized on. Camera-work wasn't top quality, neither was the syncing... but I don't think that syncing should have happened at all (via the screen zooms...)
A cool thing to have done would've been to put some light rain sound in the backround.
The video sizes with the in/out tros didn't match the footage, which was awkward. Using the steps at the start was awkward, as its not a very acknowledged part of the map and it isn't very aesthetically pleasing. I liked the position of the camera for the start on pavillion though, it just needed to be smoother.

HeavyArms
03-07-2011, 11:58 PM
To start off, in the beginning you hear YAY!. Next time I would make sure you get a soundtrack that dosnt have YAY! in it.

Carpe Vexillum
03-08-2011, 12:00 AM
I put the yay in there on purpose, also im not taking opinions.

Deathhawk
03-08-2011, 12:03 AM
I put the yay in there on purpose, also im not taking opinions.

Okay. Should I refrain on future videos? If you do want them from me, feel free to PM. Always interested in that.
I do feel that you are improving, though.

Carpe Vexillum
03-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Okay. Should I refrain on future videos? If you do want them from me, feel free to PM. Always interested in that.
I do feel that you are improving, though.
Well I feel I am spending more time on them, nothing to do with me improving.

Carpe Vexillum
03-08-2011, 12:06 AM
There was light rain, and i thought the steps were very pleasing, with the lights and the sharp edges it adds a nice tone to it. But art like beauty is in the eye.

HeavyArms
03-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Well Im just saying, this seems like a serious type deal. Im not trying to put you down or anything but the YAY just threw me off.

VerbotenDonkey
03-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Hellspawns is better xP

Nah, seriously, well edited and I love the rain effect. Good job.

Carpe Vexillum
03-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Ill make you all a deal, Ill fix the fixable points brought up. (Aka everything except the syncing[that clip is nothing without the zoom] and camera work.)

Hazy
03-08-2011, 12:26 AM
Hmmm...I LIKE IT!

*Shows epic sign*

bazongaman502
03-08-2011, 12:43 AM
umm its not working.. or are you working more on it???

Carpe Vexillum
03-08-2011, 12:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7bkidZLfto

bazongaman502
03-08-2011, 01:03 AM
that is great Carpe... i really enjoyed it

Carpe Vexillum
03-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Riiight. ty.

DeltaFunction
03-08-2011, 12:10 PM
LOL, wow Carpe, that video was actually very good, you're really talented.

some of those clips were funny, I just wish I knew who I was watching (Romel and Shine essentially have the same armor, so it's hard to tell which it is)

heh, oh actually the sniper was Romel, I can tell from the "hoodie" he has on his spartan.

Carpe Vexillum
03-08-2011, 12:30 PM
=p thanks, and they are hard to seperate.

DeltaFunction
03-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Also I just kinda thought the ending was epic, that last close match where it took a team DMR to win was just a nice touch on the end :D yeah, and that person was Bazongaman I think at the end. Heh, count on him to let john die and then take the kill and steal all of the final glory! (heh jk jk)

Carpe Vexillum
03-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Also I just kinda thought the ending was epic, that last close match where it took a team DMR to win was just a nice touch on the end :D yeah, and that person was Bazongaman I think at the end. Heh, count on him to let john die and then take the kill and steal all of the final glory! (heh jk jk)

Hey hey , john spawned there =p and it was me who picked up the last killz =p

Bodaciousbaconn
03-08-2011, 01:55 PM
In pavilion, Triple Beatdown FTW. XD

Shineblind
03-08-2011, 02:15 PM
That is epicly sick. For the next video however, we should all go through each game (after the war) and post the sickest moments that we each had, then we would put them in a WMV file in which then you can just put together. Props though, that is so freaking sick, when i update the Darkrain thread, im putting this sick video in =D

bazongaman502
03-08-2011, 03:09 PM
No Delta, i had no part in that final kill... i was hiding down at base of Red lift for the last minute yell at them "CAMP!!!!"... so john dies at the end, and Carpe stepped up and mad sure we won... You have no idea how bad i was freaking out before the match ended lol

RaZ Vader
03-08-2011, 04:11 PM
very intense. Well done

Hazy
03-08-2011, 04:58 PM
I know for a fact Carpe had better clips on file to put in, I think it had something to do with the files getting lost or something.....correct me if i'm wrong btw.

Aside from that hope we can make another one soon :)

Kuhblam
03-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Sheesh, re-name it "Blue Army: Dark Rain." Lol. Otherwise, it was a good vid.

~Kuhblam

Andimion
03-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Pretty good video. Its name appropriate now. lol An innocent crit from me but, the ending text.. I feel you could have had something more dramatic, it felt to basic. Other than this good video all around.

DeltaFunction
03-08-2011, 06:12 PM
wait.... Carpe you didn't include Gene Wilder in this video whatsoever. FAIL. He could have just been running/capping a flag in the background during one of the clips or something, but total omission is bad karma.

Mi Boys Dinner
03-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Hmmmm.....this fish may be of use yet..........

Carpe Vexillum
03-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Pretty good video. Its name appropriate now. lol An innocent crit from me but, the ending text.. I feel you could have had something more dramatic, it felt to basic. Other than this good video all around.
It was shines sig text, my hands were tied.

@ Delta- Don't you remember he obviously cant be apart of this, because what is his main lesson to us?

Shineblind
03-08-2011, 08:51 PM
It was shines sig text, my hands were tied.

@ Delta- Don't you remember he obviously cant be apart of this, because what is his main lesson to us?

Guys, remember what i posted in the Darkrain thread about giving me clips, I WILL RENDER THEM. We can then hypercam those clips and hopefully then have actual 1st person footage of legit sick kills. GJ carpe.

Hazy
03-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Or we could download the clips, run the capture program while the clip is playing and record it normally, it just takes downloading the clip in question....

Anyways, for future notice, All my good clips are already rendered and put in my file share. So if you want things from me just search there.

Carpe Vexillum
03-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Def. Zonga is an upcoming video importer and maker, so you should have resources.

DeltaFunction
03-08-2011, 10:54 PM
****, I will never understand this Great Gene Wilder and his ways.

If he takes the flag, we couldn't possible capture anything (we get nothing!!!), but also he knows that in doing so we might catch a glimpse of him which would be more important to us than the actual game.. It all makes sense..

bazongaman502
03-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Def. Zonga is an upcoming video importer and maker, so you should have resources.

im like so sick that im completly lost... like i plan on doing videos, but not hella creative ones (im not creative)... my current plans are possibly starting my machinima series within a month or two, but my main goal is hold a live stream to my first gameplay of "Homefront" when it comes out next week.. so dont expect much from me immediatly (or at all).. it will take time

Carpe Vexillum
03-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Well when the time comes you can take my place so i can move on =p

bazongaman502
03-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Well when the time comes you can take my place so i can move on =p

HA!!! the day ill take your place is the day a monkey climbs out of my ass... shit i feel movement :O lol

Carpe Vexillum
03-08-2011, 11:29 PM
HA!!! the day ill take your place is the day a monkey climbs out of my ass... shit i feel movement :O lol

Lul i dont know if thats an insult or a compliment, but i dont plan on doing this forever. Someone will have to keep making videos for FC.

bazongaman502
03-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Lul i dont know if thats an insult or a compliment, but i dont plan on doing this forever. Someone will have to keep making videos for FC.

somewhat of a compliment.. your really creative... i sruggle building maps in Forge world, im getting better, but they will still suck

Carpe Vexillum
03-08-2011, 11:56 PM
somewhat of a compliment.. your really creative... i sruggle building maps in Forge world, im getting better, but they will still suck

Practice makes perfect =] I'm sure you'll do well.

Hazy
03-09-2011, 12:47 AM
So.........win?

Shineblind
03-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Practice makes perfect =] I'm sure you'll do well.

Carpe, as usual im probably the one whose going to end up doing this. If people give me the clips, i can render them and put all in movie maker and edit anything as needed.

Carpe Vexillum
03-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Carpe, as usual im probably the one whose going to end up doing this. If people give me the clips, i can render them and put all in movie maker and edit anything as needed.
... Im sorry shine but I will not allow you to make movies with windows movie maker... That is madness, and you get nothing. Good day sir! <3

Acid
03-09-2011, 10:13 AM
You could be a bit more fluid in the camera work but the Halo Reach's camera isn't all the great.

Captain Poder
03-09-2011, 10:54 AM
sony vegas pro FTW

WMV FTF

Carpe Vexillum
03-09-2011, 10:58 AM
I figure alot of it could be a bit smoother, but I literally dedicate a whole day of my time. 12pm-10pm To do these videos. I agree it could be better, but I do have a life outside of FC =] Im not mad just sayin' =p

@ Poder- Yes Vegas FTW, WMV can go burn in hell its only good for slideshows. I will take all video clips and edit them. I just need the clips =p Which means more of the day i spend will be editing it to be better rather than recording clips.

d3ad1te
03-09-2011, 12:50 PM
You need to color correct your scenes Idk why its sunny and raining

I was screwing around with rain effects like a month ago.. Heres the result.

LQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61G8UkYslEw&feature=channel_video_tit le

Shineblind
03-09-2011, 12:51 PM
sony vegas pro FTW

WMV FTF

Lol k fine, I obviously dont have enough experience in the video department for that kind of work.

Carpe Vexillum
03-09-2011, 01:20 PM
You need to color correct your scenes Idk why its sunny and raining

I was screwing around with rain effects like a month ago.. Heres the result.

LQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61G8UkYslEw&feature=channel_video_tit le

I did but it turned out to dark to see on yt its the best i could do with my time, i even looked to add clouds but it was to time consuming. Ive been using the rain effect for 2 years i know whats up my friend. =]

Retrograde: Sceleratus Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMilafppqHU)
Sceleratus Ep. 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGXh_coeJvQ)
Sceleratus Ep. 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH9U1gVZQX8)

d3ad1te
03-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Well then you haven't been using it very effectively for 2 years ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrNfuKiv1Bo&feature=channel_video_tit le

Carpe Vexillum
03-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Well then you haven't been using it very effectively for 2 years ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrNfuKiv1Bo&feature=channel_video_tit le

Then you do it.

Shineblind
03-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Then you do it smart guy.

Yal are gay, we dont need fancy video work for this, Its a montage, not a movie.

Carpe Vexillum
03-09-2011, 05:22 PM
I don't need critiques, because I already understand what I CAN do better. I don't want to keep saying and explaining it. I'm offering a service and my time, accept it the way it is or don't comment. If you want me to spend days and weeks on a video then I would request a form of payment. Thank you, for your advice. But I would rather you keep your comments to yourself unless its a useful idea.

I might also add that That video is After Effects, NOT sony vegas. I dont know what exactally your trying to prove by showing me a video of a program that I dont have that was made to do that sort of thing. I do the best I can with the time I have and the resources I have. But hey if you can do that rain effect in sony vegas i would love to see it.

bazongaman502
03-09-2011, 05:30 PM
jesus christ you guys... carpe did a great job... its not like were asking a Hollywood designer or creator to make a movie for us.. carpe you did a great job... i never noticed that it was raining yet the was no clouds, i could care less... its the thought that counts, and you did a great job... if anyone comes in here and tells him they could have dont better or it could have been better, then leave... hes doing this on his own, we never asked him to do this...

Hazy
03-09-2011, 05:33 PM
*Jackass-Mode*

Soooooo could've done better......lol

II Recanz II
03-09-2011, 05:45 PM
jesus christ you guys... carpe did a great job... its not like were asking a Hollywood designer or creator to make a movie for us.. carpe you did a great job... i never noticed that it was raining yet the was no clouds, i could care less... its the thought that counts, and you did a great job... if anyone comes in here and tells him they could have dont better or it could have been better, then leave... hes doing this on his own, we never asked him to do this...

jesus christ guy, they didnt know that offering him helpful advice was going to be a big deal.

DeltaFunction
03-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Well I'm not sure people are being "jackasses", but they are being presumptuous as to where Carpe is on his film career and are apparently wrong about it.

If people want to suggest things to Carpe they should follow the format "Why didn't you do <insert their idea>?" instead of assuming Carpe didn't know about something and following the formula "You did this wrong, it should be like <insert their idea>." People are just going critiques wrong, especially when you're critiquing somebody where you aren't really sure of their background/what they know. People are just being too blase about the way they go about things.

Carpe Vexillum
03-09-2011, 05:53 PM
jesus christ guy, they didnt know that offering him helpful advice was going to be a big deal.

I dont mind advice, its just the fact that dael was 1upping me by passing off AE as Vegas, which there is a huge difference. He probably threw on the rain effect and modified the settings, where as i had to create the effect old school.

And delta is right, that is the preferred format.

Carpe Vexillum
03-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Ill just toss an example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ7wGJw6u4w&feature=fvwrel
Notice how AE has pre-rendered effects. It even says RAIN...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pY--8jAjrI

IDK seems like a difference. Especially with how it looks.

Andimion
03-09-2011, 06:23 PM
I dont want to have to close this topic. I detect an incoming flame war.

~ FM Andimion

Carpe Vexillum
03-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Not at all sir, I don't plan on flaming. But I'd feel better if you just closed it now anyway.

Andimion
03-09-2011, 06:34 PM
At your request, this topic is now closed.

~FM Andimion

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/diane031247/t1228.gif