PDA

View Full Version : Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack

Nocte
03-12-2011, 11:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xiooFk7cdA

Honestly from this I think I'm ok with 343 taking over Halo. It looks like they just aren't another developer based on money but rather a good playing and looking game.

d3ad1te
03-13-2011, 12:30 AM
is it me? or does it seem like the first phase of the maps were better looking than the second ones that we will end up getting.

Nocte
03-13-2011, 01:24 AM
is it me? or does it seem like the first phase of the maps were better looking than the second ones that we will end up getting.

Do you mean the new DLC? Because Defiant looks far better then any of the maps we currently have.

II Recanz II
03-13-2011, 01:42 AM
Do you mean the new DLC? Because Defiant looks far better then any of the maps we currently have.

Keyword, "looks." Im hoping that 343 and Certain Affinity didn't just focus on the aesthetics of the new maps. I want to see some good gameplay before I start sight-seeing

Nocte
03-13-2011, 02:27 AM
Keyword, "looks." Im hoping that 343 and Certain Affinity didn't just focus on the aesthetics of the new maps. I want to see some good gameplay before I start sight-seeing

The video said that they took certain things out and added others to make gameplay flow. So I would think that the gameplay is good.

Carpe Vexillum
03-13-2011, 01:07 PM

Speak for yourself, Highlands looks likes its straight out of Halo 1's second level Flawless cowboy! I'm perfectly happy with the map just for that =}

Yehsus
03-13-2011, 05:30 PM
2 OcR fuckers got the maps a week ago because of their ties with Bungie. Both are on our competitive BTB team, and both said the maps are solid.

I trust their judgment. Cant wait to DL them.

d3ad1te
03-14-2011, 01:43 PM
thats not what I meant, I mean the finalized maps we are getting are not as good as the maps certain affinity was actually building. They said multiple times that they were forced to take stuff out because of "budget"(the waterfall on training preserve) or "people will get lost"(the space station) look at how good the space station map looks in the evaluation phase and then compare it to the finished product.

Nocte
03-14-2011, 01:52 PM
thats not what I meant, I mean the finalized maps we are getting are not as good as the maps certain affinity was actually building. They said multiple times that they were forced to take stuff out because of "budget"(the waterfall on training preserve) or "people will get lost"(the space station) look at how good the space station map looks in the evaluation phase and then compare it to the finished product.

And to that I have to say shit happens :/ . Oh well it's just good to know that they put time into their maps unlike the makers of recent Call of Duty games.

Maxdoggy
03-14-2011, 01:56 PM
And to that I have to say shit happens :/ . Oh well it's just good to know that they put time into their maps unlike the makers of recent Call of Duty games.

CA helped make some of those maps. Lol.

d3ad1te
03-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Yea haah they made the new CoD maps

Nocte
03-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Yea haah they made the new CoD maps

The new ones are kinda, okay but they were made how the rest of the CoD maps are made like shit....

HeavyArms
03-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Speak for yourself, Highlands looks likes its straight out of Halo 1's second level Flawless cowboy! I'm perfectly happy with the map just for that =}

Because it looks like it, dosnt mean its gonna play well. Everyones gonna complain about something with these maps.

Maxdoggy
03-14-2011, 05:28 PM
RoosterTeeth goes through the Defiant Map Pack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5oX6y_9q5M&feature=player_embedded

Carpe Vexillum
03-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Midnight party?

Nocte
03-14-2011, 06:36 PM
haha Carpe no, but I will be looking forward to them. Noble wasn't the hype everyone thought it was, but these look by far better.