PDA

View Full Version : FC's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Mythonian
06-10-2014, 06:11 PM
http://www.fcwars.net/node/images/forerunnerconflict.png
8th Anniversary Celebrations

We're all excited about The Master Chief Collection, and the future looks good, but this week we're going to spend some time looking at our past, and celebrating it.

Eight years ago, on June 14th, 2006, some friends got together and formed what would end up becoming Forerunner Conflict. We began in Halo 2, we persevered through Halo 3, we survived Reach, and we're still here as Halo 4 comes to a close. Most of those who were here during Halo 2 have left us, but those who are still here look fondly back at those days, and those who joined after Halo 2 wish that they had found this community way back then.

We've been through a lot to get to this point. The Halo 2 to Halo 3 transition was hard, the community nearly died twice during Halo 3, during Reach we had Firestorm and major balancing issues, and now Halo 4 is a bit stale. However, we will survive, just as we did before. We have many capable and active leaders in this community, many new members who are eager and enthusiastic, and we have opportunity on the horizon coming November 11th.

While some parts of the past were hard, we all have good memories of epic things that happened. Halo 2 vets remember Waterworks. Halo 3 vets should remember the epic Double Capital Battle we had. Halo Reach guys can remember Tritan, Delta Facility, Vigilance, and the Falcons on those maps. And now Halo 4 guys need some memories as well. We have 5 more months to make those memories.

As everyone should know by now, there aren't going to be any Battles this week. Instead, the Anniversary celebrations are going to be occupying our time and hopefully giving everyone some fun. BLUE has had their Decathlon, and REDD has had the Bellatorathon, but now it's time for something larger than both, with prizes as well, all with the goal of celebrating our past.

We have lots of events available, and everyone should attend them. We have events on Halo 3, ODST, Reach, and Halo 4. Attend as many as you can and you'll have chances to win prizes!

Event List of Awesomesauce

Halo 3 Phantom Rockets FFA

Time: Saturday, June 14th, 4:00 PM EST.
Players: 6-8 per game.

Rules:
Use the camo to your advantage, and get as many kills as you can to win. One game per person.

2nd Place: 7 points.
3rd Place: 5 points.
Everyone else: 2 points.

Halo 3 Shotty Snipes FFA

Time: Saturday, June 14th, 4:30 PM EST.

Rules:
Shotgun. Sniper. Choose your weapon... jk, you get both. One game per person.

Halo 3 Jungle Gym

Time: Saturday, June 14th, 5:00 PM EST.

Rules:
This is a custom parkour/jumping/ninja map that I made myself. Each person will take turns and get as far as you can. You have 10 lives. For points, only your furthest run counts for points. Will explain more details during the event. One game per person.

Halo 3 Monstertrucks

Time: Saturday, June 14th, 6:30 PM EST.
Rules: Push everyone else off the platforms and be the last hog standing. 10 rounds. One game per person.

Everyone gets 2 points for participating as well.

Halo 3: ODST Doubles Firefight

Submission deadline: Saturday, June 14th, 11:59 PM EST.
Players: 2 per game.

Rules:
Find a teammate for Firefight (or do it solo if you want). Difficulty is Legendary. No skulls. Map is "Lost Platoon". Get as high a score as you can. Afterward, go to Theatre and save the film, upload it to your fileshare, and PM Mythonian. Include your gamertag and your teammate, and the score of your game. Your score will be compared to other teams' scores to determine how you place. One submission per person.

2nd place: 12 points.
3rd place: 9 points.
4th place: 7 points.
5th place: 5 points.
Everyone else: 3 points.

Halo Reach Slayer FFA

Time: Saturday, June 14th, 7:00 PM EST.

Rules:
FC:Rev5 Conflict v1 modified to disable teams. 15 minutes. Kill everyone. One game per person.

Halo Reach Crash-Up Derby

Time: Saturday, June 14th, 7:30 PM EST.

Rules:
Go and rent a car for this crash-up derby, because it'll be a flaming husk by the end of it. 10 rounds. One game per person.

Halo Reach Guitar Halo

Players: 1 per game.

Rules:
Get the map and gametype from my fileshare. Be on red team. Hit the landmines before the balls reach them to score points. Practice as much as you want and then go to HaloWaypoint and from your game history PM Mythonian the URL of your game. One submission per person.

Halo Reach FFA SWAT

Time: Saturday, June 14th, 8:00 PM EST.

Rules:
Headshots are the goal. Get more than anyone else. One game per person.

Halo Reach Headhunter FFA

Time: Saturday, June 14th, 8:30 PM EST.

Rules:
Kill guys. Get skulls. Capture those skulls. Win. One game per person.

Halo Reach Race

Time: Saturday, June 14th, 9:00 PM EST.

Rules:
Vroom vroom. Beat the others. One game per person.

Halo Reach Doubles Firefight

Rules:
Get a teammate. Map is Overlook. Difficulty is Legendary. Gametype on my fileshare. Defend those generators and save those lives for as long as you can! Practice as much as you want and then submit the game URL to Mythonian via PM. Include your score and teammate. Your score will be compared to other teams' scores to determine how you place. One submission per person.

Halo Reach Lone Wolf

Players: 1 per game.

Rules:
This requires that you have the campaign completed. Spartans never die. They're just missing in action. Solo. Legendary. No skulls. Lone Wolf. Rally Point Omega. Have Scoring turned to Free For All. Submit the game URL to Mythonian via PM. Include your score. Your score will be compared to other people's scores to determine how you place. One submission per person.

Halo 4 Speedrun

Time: Sunday, June 15th, 5:00 PM EST.

Rules:
Run. Jump. Stay in the hill. Outlast everyone else. This will be using a different Speedrun map I made myself, but I recommend practicing on the old one at least. It's on my fileshare. 10 rounds. One game per person.

Halo 4 Instable

Time: Sunday, June 15th, 5:45 PM EST.

Rules:
This is like monstertrucks. Except the floor is a bit... unstable. 10 rounds. One game per person.

Halo 4 Fiesta FFA

Time: Sunday, June 15th, 6:30 PM EST.

Rules:
Random weapons. Use whatever you get, or scavenge weapons from dead enemies. One game per person.

Halo 4 Regicide FFA

Time: Sunday, June 15th, 7:00 PM EST.

Rules:
Will use a modified FC Executive gametype. Get the lead to get slight bonuses to help you keep it, but everyone will know where you are and will be hunting you. One game per person.

Halo 4 Gun Game

Time: Sunday, June 15th, 7:30 PM EST.

Rules:
Get a kill and earn a new gun. Get through all the guns to win. One game per person.

Halo 4 Sharpshooter

Time: Sunday, June 15th, 8:00 PM EST.

Rules:
Everyone has the same gun. Every few seconds, it all switches to another one. Use the guns better than your opponents and get the most kills. One game per person.

Halo 4 This Side Up

Time: Sunday, June 15th, 8:30 PM EST.

Rules:
You're floating. Everyone else is floating. You all have concussion rifles. Shoot others out to the edges to knock them off and score points. Kills give 2 points, Assists give 1. Use your Thruster Pack to save yourself, and come out on top. One game per person.

Halo 4 Headhunter

Time: Sunday, June 15th, 9:00 PM EST.

Rules:
From Reach with a vengeance. Kill enemies to get skulls. Capture skulls for points. Become the skull king. One game per person.

Halo 4 Race

Time: Sunday, June 15th, 9:30 PM EST.

Rules:
More vroom vroom. One game per person.

The Prizes

After all the events are done, the points earned will be tallied together, and whoever has the most combined points will be crowned the winner. This individual will receive a fully paid preorder of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, to be released November 11th.

Additional prizes will be given to the next 9 individuals as well, as follows:

The Prizes

1st: Halo: The Master Chief Collection preorder.
2nd: FC T-Shirt, Access code for closed beta of "Zombies Monsters Robots" (ZMR), & FC Sticker
3rd: FC T-Shirt & FC Sticker
4th-6th: $10 Xbox Gift Card & FC Sticker
7th-10th: FC Sticker

That's over $150 in prizes. If we get some donations from people who want to help contribute to prizes, we can add more things to the list, but at the moment that's the limit.

Signing up for events is easy! Just make a post below with your Skype name! We'll be using a Skype group to coordinate things (to make sure we don't have anyone who never gets an invite for stupid reasons).

After that, just show up on time for the events!

The Firefight and solo events stuff start NOW! Get a teammate and get practicing on that stuff! You have until Saturday night to make your submissions!

Fuzzy
06-10-2014, 06:16 PM
The Prizes section made me cringe to the point that I almost injured myself, this event will mark my three year anniversary to not receiving my sticker.

Mythonian
06-10-2014, 06:17 PM
The Prizes section made me cringe to the point that I almost injured myself, this event will mark my three year anniversary to not receiving my sticker.

I'm handling the prizes this year, and I'm footing most of this out of my own pocket.

Breezy
06-10-2014, 06:18 PM

Let's have some fucking fun! :D

Fuzzy
06-10-2014, 06:21 PM
I'm handling the prizes this year, and I'm footing most of this out of my own pocket.

Thank you! I will now support this event and attend.

Maxdoggy
06-10-2014, 06:22 PM
FUCK. I work Saturday night until close. :/

Mythonian
06-10-2014, 06:23 PM
FUCK. I work Saturday night until close. :/

lol

Well guess you'll be helping me setup games. ;P

Guzzie
06-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Sign me up, buttercup <3

Anarchy
06-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Anarchyz11

NervyDestroyer
06-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Wow man most definitely! Skype Name: nervydestroyer554

You already know it anyway Myth ^_^

Maxdoggy
06-10-2014, 06:31 PM
lol

Well guess you'll be helping me setup games. ;P

I'm only missing like 10 events. I still have a chance. :P

fearfulpenguin
06-10-2014, 06:31 PM
I will be down for some firefight if any wants to join this penguin

AbnormallyLilith
06-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Mike.Bass1499

Seerow
06-10-2014, 06:47 PM
I'm down.

JonOU812
06-10-2014, 06:58 PM
I might have to dig out my old H3, ODST AND Reach discs out from my closet of doom

Spartanbh
06-10-2014, 07:12 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EVERYONE! It's been a blast working with all of you and seeing this place thrive!!! Seems like just yesterday I was a 14 year old kid jumping around on Midship or sitting in lobbies for 6 hours at a time on Halo 2 with Raz and a few others discussing how we would lay the foundation for what would be one of the best and most tenured communities in all of the Halo (and Xbox) universe!!!

Mythonian
06-10-2014, 07:26 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EVERYONE! It's been a blast working with all of you and seeing this place thrive!!! Seems like just yesterday I was a 14 year old kid jumping around on Midship or sitting in lobbies for 6 hours at a time on Halo 2 with Raz and a few others discussing how we would lay the foundation for what would be one of the best and most tenured communities in all of the Halo (and Xbox) universe!!!

Woot woot

Seems that 14 year old you didn't do too bad a job.

Maxdoggy
06-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Woot woot

Seems that 14 year old you didn't do too bad a job.

14 year old him was a dick, and more severely, was a squeaker.

Xenocide
06-10-2014, 08:39 PM
im up for this

JonOU812
06-10-2014, 09:44 PM
what's the rule for DLC maps?

Mythonian
06-10-2014, 09:55 PM
what's the rule for DLC maps?

When we setup events on Saturday/Sunday, we'll determine which maps are going to be used.

DLC won't be used though. We have plenty of high-quality default maps to choose from. (Halo 4 maps might use Forge Island though)

Fernando Naranj
06-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Yay! Can't take part due to timezones! :D

WolfPack23
06-10-2014, 10:21 PM
wolfpack523

Lets do this!

Houdini
06-10-2014, 10:36 PM

This is the first anniversary event I'll actually be able to attend.

Spartanbh
06-10-2014, 10:58 PM
14 year old him was a dick, and more severely, was a squeaker.

Fun Fact: I was never a squeaker on Xbox Live. My voice was pretty much the same when I first got XBL at 12, you can even ask all the old farts who've played with me!

Maxdoggy
06-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Fun Fact: I was never a squeaker on Xbox Live. My voice was pretty much the same when I first got XBL at 12, you can even ask all the old farts who've played with me!

You're right: You still are a squeaker, BJ of Barbleton's BBQ.

Silko
06-11-2014, 01:23 AM
BJ of Barbleton's BBQ.

So he is the guy in the bathroom giving out BJs for crack money in your restaurant?

Maxdoggy
06-11-2014, 07:39 AM
So he is the guy in the bathroom giving out BJs for crack money in your restaurant?

Unfortunately, we can't reveal our secret plans to you at the moment. World Domination and all that...

Lol its James
06-11-2014, 09:56 AM
Jam3s72

I won't be able to make most of them though

Sicarioano
06-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Yay, on my 18th birthday.

RaZ Vader
06-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Thank You all for keeping FC alive. I know I'm not around as much as I'd like to be, but myth and the new leaders are doing a fine job. I'd love to partake in this event somehow, but I am always short on time these days.

Happy 8th Anniversary FC.

I am excited for this Masterchief collection. This looks like it should be a fun event.

Silko
06-11-2014, 11:09 PM
Thank You all for keeping FC alive. I know I'm not around as much as I'd like to be, but myth and the new leaders are doing a fine job. I'd love to partake in this event somehow, but I am always short on time these days.

I am excited for this Masterchief collection. This looks like it should be a fun event.

Who are you?

Fuzzy
06-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Who are you?

He won't be able to read your post since he already retired again.

RaZ Vader
06-11-2014, 11:29 PM
Who are you?

Not a Clue. Fill me in. Maybe Brett Favre? Wait... What did I retire from again?

Spartanbh
06-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Not a Clue. Fill me in. Maybe Brett Favre? Wait... What did I retire from again?

Now you're just somebody that we used to know

RaZ Vader
06-11-2014, 11:44 PM
Now you're just somebody that we used to know

No. Stop. No

VerbotenDonkey
06-12-2014, 12:20 AM
No. Stop. No

Let It Go, Raz.

Maxdoggy
06-12-2014, 12:23 AM
No. Stop. No

Yeah dude. Hakuna Matata, bro.

Silko
06-12-2014, 01:39 AM
I liked the other Razs better

KazuhLLL
06-12-2014, 03:37 PM

VerbotenDonkey
06-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Good luck everyone! :) Some awesome prizes generated this time around! As I did last time, I won't be participating as I have been in FC long enough to get my reward of some good memories. But thanks to the current leaders of the community and those who donated money for the awesome prizes!

Nicholas Sapien
06-12-2014, 06:50 PM

All Hail our robot overlord

Carpe Vexillum
06-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Lets do this!

polychromeVirus
06-13-2014, 12:09 PM
skype name: matthew.pessah

Mythonian
06-13-2014, 01:13 PM
Just under 35 hours remain for the Firefight, Lone Wolf, and Guitar Halo events. Make sure you submit them before the deadline! Check the OP for details!

Mythonian
06-13-2014, 01:37 PM
It appears that several people are having issues with HaloWaypoint updating their custom game history, so they can't get the Guitar Halo link. If that happens to you, just save the film from the game and put it on your fileshare and let me know.

W3z4b1
06-13-2014, 08:57 PM
Skype Name: Weston Huhman

I can't actually participate on the weekend so I'm just going to do Firefight/Solo events and see how I fair.

Guzzie
06-13-2014, 09:28 PM
Anyone else experiencing lag when doing doubles firefights? If you aren't hosting the game, you will encounter slight lag/delay on all of your actions (jumping. shooting, aiming, etc). The severity changes depending on your connection. For those of use with less than optimal connections, lag will be terrible.

To compensate for that, and seeing as you gave the option to go at it alone, you should device a way of scoring for people that want/have to do firefight on their own.

It would just give those of us with terrible connection an equal playing field.

KazuhLLL
06-13-2014, 09:36 PM
Anyone else experiencing lag when doing doubles firefights? If you aren't hosting the game, you will encounter slight lag/delay on all of your actions (jumping. shooting, aiming, etc). The severity changes depending on your connection. For those of use with less than optimal connections, lag will be terrible.

To compensate for that, and seeing as you gave the option to go at it alone, you should device a way of scoring for people that want/have to do firefight on their own.

It would just give those of us with terrible connection an equal playing field.

I get no lag whatsoever in doubles firefight, and I rarely get host.

Guzzie
06-13-2014, 09:46 PM
^ must be my connection. I get horrendous lag. Although punctual puppet did mention getting some lag as well. Nevertheless, I will be doing the firefight events on my own.

Mythonian
06-14-2014, 11:12 AM
About 13 hours remain for Firefight, Lone Wolf, and Guitar Halo submissions!

In 5 hours, the Halo 3 events begin, and 3 hours after that is the start of the Reach events!

zZ Dr K Zz
06-14-2014, 09:59 PM
I've been logging onto this site everyday for the past 8 years.....

...I'm still glad I can do that :)

Glad to see this community still around since '06 :) :)

Much <3 <3

Maxdoggy
06-14-2014, 10:06 PM
I've been logging onto this site everyday for the past 8 years.....

...I'm still glad I can do that :)

Glad to see this community still around since '06 :) :)

Much <3 <3

Much love and we miss you, old patron-saint of GFX!

<3

VerbotenDonkey
06-14-2014, 10:14 PM

<3

Dr K pls make me a signature :c

Mythonian
06-14-2014, 10:56 PM
The deadline for Firefight and solo events has been extended to Tomorrow, 6/15, at 5:00 PM EST, right when the Halo 4 events begin.

Also, Doubles Firefight and Solo Firefight are now scored separately and you can submit both (i.e., ODST Doubles Firefight, ODST Solo FF, Reach Doubles FF, and Reach Solo FF). Solo will use the exact same settings as the Doubles Firefight.

Day 1 Totals (Does NOT include Firefight or solo event scores):

Firedude: 81 points
GuzzieStyle: 60 points
NervyDestroyer: 56 points
Wolfpack: 56 points
Anarchy: 53 points
KazuhLLL: 52 points
Juicy: 48 points
Xenocide: 47 points
Houdini: 46 points
Inferno: 42 points
Atrocity: 34 points
James: 33 points
WTLW aka Sp4rky: 33 points
HahaRun2YoMama: 31 points
HardcoreSTIHL: 24 points
W4st3dxR3j3ct1n: 24 points
PolychromeVirus: 18 points
LegendarySword: 14 points
A1mightySkillz: 8 points
CrazyKiller: 7 points
Nova: 6 points
DarkWhip: 4 points
SatiricalAxis: 4 points
Nicholas Sapien: 3 points
purple gamer: 3 points
Raptor: 3 points

KazuhLLL
06-15-2014, 01:33 AM

:turtlerace:

Carpe Vexillum
06-15-2014, 03:34 AM
Nice firedude! xD Epic.

NervyDestroyer
06-15-2014, 03:52 AM
Now we can upload both? That's cool too bad I probably won't even be able to...

Barry Soap
06-15-2014, 06:49 AM
24. Nicholas Sapien: 3 points

lol

Maxdoggy
06-15-2014, 08:35 AM

So what you're saying is that now I can finally start playing and show everyone how to Halo? xD

NervyDestroyer
06-15-2014, 10:27 AM
So what you're saying is that now I can finally start playing and show everyone how to Halo? xD

Teach me how to "Halo."

Maxdoggy
06-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Teach me how to "Halo."

First Lesson: How Not To Be Seen:

Halo: Combat Evolved Edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUEHfAtKT9o

Halo 2 Edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFPBiw58RRE

Literally one of my favorite videos ever.

NervyDestroyer
06-15-2014, 11:01 AM
That was epic wow

:bigpanda::bigpanda::bigp anda:

Maxdoggy
06-15-2014, 11:03 AM
Monty Python is love.

(The Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltmMJntSfQI)

Mythonian
06-15-2014, 12:02 PM

If you win all the Firefight stuff and Lone Wolf that's 75 points.

zZ Dr K Zz
06-15-2014, 03:06 PM

<3
Miss you too! Ugh, haven't photoshopped in so long, miss those days :)

Dr K pls make me a signature :c
I can definitely do that! PM me what you want :)

<3