PDA

View Full Version : New Reach Armor?

Toasta
03-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Bungie claims that there is no armor releasing, but if you ask me, this helmet looks pretty new and ungettable

Here is a link to a link :)

http://www.readyuplive.com/showthread.php/6195-New-Armor-in-Halo-Reach

Carpe Vexillum
03-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Thats a shopped image or a glitch, I noticed it can be made with the helmets already out.

bazongaman502
03-14-2011, 07:24 PM
yeah i pretty positive everyone knows theres no new armour... its been confirmed multiple times on Bungie.net, xbox.com, etc...

i dont think we need any "new" armour, reason being is because we have alot as is

Nocte
03-14-2011, 07:28 PM
I think it's funny how sold everyone on that forum is about that helmet haha it looks fake as fuck anyways.

But I found this on IGN.com, maybe it isn't fake just an armor you unlock in the higher ranks.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14276699/halo-project/images/halo-reach-20110224004158325.html

Maxdoggy
03-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah, it looks like a base of EOD with shit thrown all over it.

HeavyArms
03-14-2011, 07:49 PM
I doubt that Bungie is gonna make new armor. They havent before.

II Recanz II
03-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Bungie has the blue flame. This is probably 343 or CA's unique armor that only they have.

LocoCrazy
03-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Fun fact: Gullible isnt in the dictionary.

OzzyIzSick
03-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Well... The photo does seem to be advertising/promoting the helmet... Soo..maybe in the future?

Nocte
03-14-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm just gonna say this, it's a helmet you get later in the ranks....

HeavyArms
03-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Cause you cant photoshop pic- oh wait no you can. I agree with that Recan kid. If anything, its 343's "special" armor.

Hazy
03-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Makes me wonder about the armory....hmmmm....just did some interesting calculations.

Okay, the armory as of now that I have in stock (I'm a brigadier) contains about 80 something pieces of customizable awesomeness.

Every purchase gets you one more percent closer to armory completion. This means that buying all possible armory items can bag me only 80% armory completion. What happened to the other 20?

Using this, logic states that the entire armory hasn't been unlocked yet, and probably will continue to be when we start hitting the much higher up ranks. Keep in mind we've only hit the eclipse threshold as a community, and that's only about halfway there. We'll probably be seeing stuff like this once we start hitting inheritor, noble, etc.

On the off hand that this WAS shopped, I see no evidence of it. Admittedly it looks it was ripped from some killzone art, but the pic itself holds water. Pixels don't seem altered like...at all, the art quality of the pieces as well matches with the art quality of your average armor piece, and the rest of the map area seems unaltered. I see no real difference or out-of-place aspect of the pieces and they fit in very well.

The suggestion that it's 343-only, well it's very true that armory items cannot be added due to the fact that the armory pieces are encoded within the very fiber of the maps as well. This means that the game treats your amory pieces and the map details as the very same, and to add armory items means to encode those same new pieces in the maps as well. THAT means re-uploading all of the maps you have on your hardrive to support the new material. So essentially, adding new armory items means re-doing the entire map structure of halo reach and offering it as dlc, which is extremely expensive and in fact impossible thanks to the addition of forge world.

So now that that's out of the way, if 343 did add that in for themselves only, then they would had to have done it before the release of Halo:Reach to the public. Back when it was still in development before the beta. So if they were in on reach before the beta, it's still out there as a possibility.

FINAL VERDICT: It's a hidden armory piece stuffed within an extremely high rank that not a lot of the community has reached yet. Possibly noble class or eclipse. Possibly even reclaimer.

Nicholas Sapien
03-15-2011, 09:58 AM
True and I think the highest I saw was Forerunner

LocoCrazy
03-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Yes me too. I've seen a no lifer (Forerunner) who had normal shit on. nothing new. So either

A : its a very good photoshop.
B : Its a prototype they were fooling around with
C : Modded
D : Other
E : Some of the above

My vote is on E

Nocte
03-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Yes me too. I've seen a no lifer (Forerunner) who had normal shit on. nothing new. So either

A : its a very good photoshop.
B : Its a prototype they were fooling around with
C : Modded
D : Other
E : Some of the above

My vote is on E

The picture itself is on IGN.com, why would something fake be included in the screenshots for the map pack on IGN?

Andimion
03-15-2011, 01:09 PM
No there will be new armor guys. They did this in Halo 3 as well. lol To be honest, 343 even has the capability of patching in new armor that may not effect the armory completion anyways. Who knows if Bungie didnt make any special hoops in the game for us to jump through to get some crazy stuff. ;) They did say they missed the old days of Halo2 where they could hide shit in their games ( skulls and abilities ) So all I can say gents is dont get to hard on about it, just sit patient and play MM to rank up. Eventually we will see.

zZ Dr K Zz
03-15-2011, 01:10 PM
IF that is photoshopped then someone deserves a fucking medal, because its extremely well done. Nothing seems off about it, lighting, shadows, all look realistic.

Helmet looks stupid as hell though.

Nocte
03-15-2011, 01:15 PM
No there will be new armor guys. They did this in Halo 3 as well. lol To be honest, 343 even has the capability of patching in new armor that may not effect the armory completion anyways. Who knows if Bungie didnt make any special hoops in the game for us to jump through to get some crazy stuff. ;) They did say they missed the old days of Halo2 where they could hide shit in their games ( skulls and abilities ) So all I can say gents is dont get to hard on about it, just sit patient and play MM to rank up. Eventually we will see.

Think of all of the hidden shit in Campaign, I honestly think that their is still more people haven't discovered.

Hazy
03-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Yeah, but those are easter eggs. Again, they had to be pre-programmed into game beforehand. My point here is what Andiminon said, there's so much about Reach that's undiscovered. We forget it's only been released for less than a year.

If anything, I'd say it'll pop up when the community hits another "milestone" that bungie "failed" to mention. Although I would have no idea what it would have to be, and it's extremely unlikely.

Ah, and it could be that those forerunners simply didn't have enough credits to buy it. But that theory worries me, because if they can't afford it getting like....5000 credits per game at minimum then I am simple never going to afford anything at that level T-T

Just imagine that helmet costing like......a million credits (although it has the look for it to be worth it, i dunno.)

Kuhblam
03-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Looks like somebody took a deuce on the EOD helmet. Sorry, but no thanks; me and the Chief will be sticking with the basics.

~Kuhblam

Hazy
03-15-2011, 03:56 PM
I give credit where credit is due: The helmet, photoshopped or not, looks supah sexeh.....even though it looks like someone threw a video camera at the EOD helmet and it created this monstrocity. What is going on with that eye thing?????

HeavyArms
03-15-2011, 04:58 PM
The picture itself is on IGN.com, why would something fake be included in the screenshots for the map pack on IGN?

Well, cause that website is also run by humans, who make mistakes.

Vestige
04-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Haha I hope we get new armor I have seen so many simular combantions its not even funny from tiny tactical snipers to steriod eating giants ;D i vote yes for new armor

Nocte
04-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Haha I hope we get new armor I have seen so many simular combantions its not even funny from tiny tactical snipers to steriod eating giants ;D i vote yes for new armor

haha I'm not one to say this, but I want to BUMP!

Hazy
04-12-2011, 04:01 PM
YOU SHALL NOT DO SO

Lightning
04-12-2011, 04:42 PM
This is a little off topic but it still pertains to unlocking secret items in game. O.K. so you know how when you get your first weekly challenge you get the achievement "One Down, 51 to Go." Well its just a thought but what if when you reach 52 or X amount of weekly challenges, it unlocks something for you. For instance in Halo 3, the Vidmasters got you Recon with the click of a button through bungie.net. Can't really say it's not possible with Halo Reach, I mean, which one of you guys have struck 52 yet? Just a thought :/

Carpe Vexillum
04-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Pretty sure I have, and there has been nothing. If not others have and they would have found something.

iFurrious
04-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Pretty sure I have, and there has been nothing. If not others have and they would have found something.

Nope no one can have 52 weekly challenges done because there are 52 weeks in a year. I think Reach has been out for like 30 weeks but I'm not positive. Only way is if someone hacked it.

Vestige
04-13-2011, 11:25 AM
that is true carpe very true bungies last super easter egg..

LocoCrazy
04-13-2011, 02:34 PM
As much as I'd like to believe this...dont forget its Bungie we're talking about.

Vestige
04-14-2011, 12:28 PM
As much as I'd like to believe this...dont forget its Bungie we're talking about.
so true

Carpe Vexillum
04-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Are we still going on about this?