PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One and Xbox 360 wont connect to live at the same time, any ideas for a fix?

Seerow
07-07-2014, 12:58 PM
Okay so I just recently got my Xbox One but for some reason when I plug it into the router it wont connect to live. I have to reset the Modem to even get it to work and thats only when I disconnect my 360 from the router. So it would seem I cannot play one without disconnecting the other. I get the error "Can't connect to the DCHP Server." I looked on Xbox site and I cant seem to find a solution to my unique issue. anyone got an Idea as to how I can have both console connected to my router and live at the same time?

Mythonian
07-07-2014, 01:28 PM
If your router/modem setup supports it, try to connect wirelessly. I have both my 360 and X1 connected wirelessly, and they can do so at the same time without any issues.

Other than that, try calling your ISP and see if they can help. Might be a setting with your router that needs to be changed, or you might need a new router/modem.

Anarchy
07-07-2014, 02:16 PM
I already mentioned this to you, but they might be generating the same IP.

Could also be that your router is booty.

- - - Updated - - -

I already mentioned this to you, but they might be generating the same IP.

Could also be that your router is booty.

bazongaman502
07-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I'm not having any issues with my 360 and Xbox One connecting. Both work great when they are both on at the same time.

It's probably your router.