PDA

View Full Version : Let's ban the Boltshot

Avenger
07-21-2014, 01:57 AM
Everyone I have talked to thinks it's cheap and unfair. It doesn't take skill to use. It is just a pocket shotty that you can spawn with. If you are one shot you can pull out the boltshot hide in a corner for a second charge it up and 1sk your opponent and get a free kill that wasn't deserved. The fact that you spawn with 1sk weapon is ridiculous.

I believe that battle night would be much more enjoyable without it.

So what I have done is created a poll. So should the Boltshot be banned?

EDIT by Myth:

Be aware that the only way to remove the boltshot is via forcing the secondary weapon to be a Magnum. This has the consequence of banning the plasma pistol as well, and also makes using the Firepower perk (which allows you to have 2 primary weapons) impossible.

Vanilla Conflict is already a gametype we have which features preset loadouts and removes the boltshot from the game, as well.

EDIT by EagleOne:

Banning the Boltshot is not removing it, it's treating it like we do with tea-bagging. We tell people you're not allowed to use it in FC Battle Nights. Make it a restricted weapon. That means players just have to use other Loadouts without it. Then you can use firepower and the plasma pistol.

Eagle out.

EDIT by Nicholas:

I like applesauce

Zeta Crossfire
07-21-2014, 02:00 AM
I actually meant to click yes, damn touch screens. Any chance that vote can be changed?

Silko
07-21-2014, 02:03 AM
Yep, here we go again

Avenger
07-21-2014, 02:05 AM
@Zeta is there anyway I can change that? lol I don't think its possible

Fuzzy
07-21-2014, 02:08 AM
Anyone who votes 'no' will forever be publicly shamed.

KazuhLLL
07-21-2014, 02:37 AM
I actually meant to click yes, damn touch screens. Any chance that vote can be changed?

I believe admins can but even if they don't it's simple enough to subtract a vote from "No" and add it to "Yes". Especially since the votes are public.

Mythonian
07-21-2014, 08:45 AM
Be aware that the only way to remove the boltshot is via forcing the secondary weapon to be a Magnum. This has the consequence of banning the plasma pistol as well, and also makes using the Firepower perk (which allows you to have 2 primary weapons) impossible.

Vanilla Conflict is already a gametype we have which features preset loadouts and removes the boltshot from the game, as well.

Yehsus
07-21-2014, 08:53 AM
Anyone who votes 'no' will forever be publicly shamed.

I voted no.

Its part of the game now, just like the mauler was, and you just have to play through it. Forcing set secondary weapons is something that I would love, but its going to create the problem of people complaining that they cant kill a banshee...or a mantis in a pivotal BTB/Capitol game without the plasma pistol. It even makes the ghost that much stronger, and its made out of paper.

Trying to fix this small problem will lead to bigger ones,and I know for a fact everyone will bitch about the new settings come BTB.

Pick your poison carefully FC. If you have somebody in a vehicle who knows what they are doing, you're going to hate it. And I'm going to love it.

EDIT: Myth beat me to the punch >.>

Barry Soap
07-21-2014, 09:30 AM
I voted no.

Its part of the game now, just like the mauler was, and you just have to play through it. Forcing set secondary weapons is something that I would love, but its going to create the problem of people complaining that they cant kill a banshee...or a mantis in a pivotal BTB/Capitol game without the plasma pistol. It even makes the ghost that much stronger, and its made out of paper.

Trying to fix this small problem will lead to bigger ones,and I know for a fact everyone will bitch about the new settings come BTB.

Pick your poison carefully FC. If you have somebody in a vehicle who knows what they are doing, you're going to hate it. And I'm going to love it.

I don't understand why everyone has a problem with the boltshot... IMO, if you play smart enough you should rarely be killed by it. I use it, and it's only due to the fact that people have such linear movements that I get so many kills with it. One jump around a corner can usually mess up the aim, and in general the boltshot isn't really that good.

JonOU812
07-21-2014, 09:35 AM
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/stephen-colbert-popcorn-gif1.gif

Houdini
07-21-2014, 09:44 AM
1) I like my boltshot
2) Please don't take away Firepower, I like my BR & DMR loadouts

Anarchy
07-21-2014, 10:41 AM
This was voted upon over peacetime as part of a large game type survey.

People voted to force secondaries in heavy gametypes only, as it currently is.

I doubt this poll will get further than that. I would recommend being more active on the website and paying attention to such community input surveys next time, the gametypegame type survey was up for a month.

KazuhLLL
07-21-2014, 11:17 AM

Heavy gametypes already have forced Magnums, and it's been much better without all the plasmas :P

Yehsus
07-21-2014, 11:37 AM
Heavy gametypes already have forced Magnums, and it's been much better without all the plasmas :P

Was not aware.

Anthony Recon
07-21-2014, 11:46 AM
BAN IT! BAN IT WITH FIRE!

Fernando Naranj
07-21-2014, 12:39 PM
BAN IT! BAN IT WITH FIRE!

This is about banning one weapon not 2.

Also it's the last halo 4 war, why change it now? You all had previous wars to change it.

I don't see why this poll is being created now.

CLOSE IT!! CLOSE IT WITH FIRE!!

Silko
07-21-2014, 12:42 PM
I voted no.

Its part of the game now, just like the mauler was, and you just have to play through it.

Right but the Mauler was a pick up weapon not a spawn weapon. Huge diff. Also if I remember correctly the mauler's 1sk range was actually shorter then the BS current one. Hell most people would get melee kills with the mauler then the actual mauler it's self. Just use it has a half ass shotgun to weaken the guy enough to finish with a melee.

As for the BS. I personally have zero issues with forcing Mags. The BS only really shines in 4v4s and some 6v6s were CQC is heavy. I find it very cheap and down right game breaking to be able to spawn in with a 1sk weapon in a competitive game setting. We already nerfed the living shit out of Ordnance why not just go all the way and kick the BS out the door too?

Barry Soap
07-21-2014, 01:02 PM

Also it's the last halo 4 war, why change it now? You all had previous wars to change it.

riphelix
07-21-2014, 01:27 PM
In other news:

Boobs.

purple gamer 17
07-21-2014, 01:44 PM
This poll has been up for almost every single Halo 4 war.
Get over it.
Like Anarchy said, pay attention.

Mythonian
07-21-2014, 01:51 PM
We already nerfed the living shit out of Ordnance why not just go all the way and kick the BS out the door too?

We have Vanilla Conflict for that already. It goes all the way and removes armor abilities also.

KazuhLLL
07-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Also if I remember correctly the mauler's 1sk range was actually shorter then the BS current one.

Was it even possible to 1sk in default H3? I remember it being an extremely rare occurrence even in MLG's 110% damage settings

WastedxRejection
07-21-2014, 02:07 PM
HELLZ YES NIGGA BAN THAT SHIT!!!

Mythonian
07-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Was it even possible to 1sk in default H3? I remember it being an extremely rare occurrence even in MLG's 110% damage settings

One shot kills with the mauler were impossible in default H3 settings. At 110% damage it can barely kill.

In H3 you've got 115 hit points (70 in shields, 45 in health). The default mauler can do up to 107 damage, and at 110% damage it can do 117.7 damage. It was very connection dependent on whether you'd get the 1sk, which was why it was so rare.

The mauler had no charge time and could fire a lot faster. It also had longer range and a wider spread than the H3 shotgun. And it could be duel-wielded. Duel-wielding two Maulers gave you an absolutely crazy 1sk range, and you could fire them extremely fast.

Duel Wielded Maulers > Boltshot > Single Mauler

Bushytails
07-21-2014, 02:10 PM
To argue the fact on the Plasma Pistol being band, didn't it already get banned in Heavy Conflict?

VerbotenDonkey
07-21-2014, 06:01 PM
To argue the fact on the Plasma Pistol being band, didn't it already get banned in Heavy Conflict?

Yeah I love their music, metal is always my favorite genre.

riphelix
07-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Yeah I love their music, metal is always my favorite genre.

EagleOne
07-21-2014, 06:12 PM
Banning the Boltshot is not removing it, it's treating it like we do with tea-bagging. We tell people you're not allowed to use it in FC Battle Nights. Make it a restricted weapon. That means players just have to use other Loadouts without it. Then you can use firepower and the plasma pistol.

Eagle out.

Nicholas Sapien
07-21-2014, 06:22 PM
I voted no.

We should have banned you years ago

bazongaman502
07-21-2014, 06:30 PM
This is like the 4th time since Halo 4 came out that a poll for the boltshot has come up xD

I voted originally for it to be banned, so I still say yes. But since I'm not fighting, I shouldn't vote.

Silko
07-21-2014, 06:46 PM

Because Halo 4 will be in the MCC? So we will most likely have a few Halo 4 maps on the war map so best to get this shit dealt with now rather then later

NervyDestroyer
07-21-2014, 07:08 PM
The Boltshot is a gamble to the user.... If you miss with the Boltshot, you're dead plain and simple. There is not enough time to switch back to the BR and kill without getting your ass handed to you by your opponent. Dodge the attempted Boltshot and you get a free kill basically. Plus it's part of the game... If you think the Boltshot is too OP then use it no one is stopping you. It's not like it's a handicap just freaking use it like everyone else is. If it's a part of the game, don't complain about it for being too inconvenient.

Fernando Naranj
07-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Because Halo 4 will be in the MCC? So we will most likely have a few Halo 4 maps on the war map so best to get this shit dealt with now rather then later

If people wanted this taken out of the wars it would have happened a long time ago.

Creating it a 4th time is now just trying your luck, notice how it would be better for YOU not everyone.

However, it's all down to the number of votes. So.... Bananas?

Houdini
07-21-2014, 08:05 PM
We already nerfed the living shit out of Ordnance why not just go all the way and kick the BS out the door too?

Or we could buff the ordnance so you don't have to worry about the Bolt shot

Spattan177
07-21-2014, 11:17 PM
The edit by nick in the OP, lol'ed at that. Kill Halo 4 with scorpion tanks!

GhostHammer
07-22-2014, 12:14 AM
Or we could buff the ordnance so you don't have to worry about the Bolt shot

Hey! Get out of here with your common sense!

Silko
07-22-2014, 12:39 AM
If people wanted this taken out of the wars it would have happened a long time ago.

Creating it a 4th time is now just trying your luck, notice how it would be better for YOU not everyone.

However, it's all down to the number of votes. So.... Bananas?

Well looking at the votes atm I would say that the highlighted part is starting to look more and more irrelevant. Make sure you also add one to the Yes and take 1 from No for Zeta's vote.

xxXENOPIRATExx
07-22-2014, 03:20 AM
The Boltshot is a gamble to the user.... If you miss with the Boltshot, you're dead plain and simple. There is not enough time to switch back to the BR and kill without getting your ass handed to you by your opponent. Dodge the attempted Boltshot and you get a free kill basically. Plus it's part of the game... If you think the Boltshot is too OP then use it no one is stopping you. It's not like it's a handicap just freaking use it like everyone else is. If it's a part of the game, don't complain about it for being too inconvenient.

Fernando Naranj
07-22-2014, 08:59 AM
Well looking at the votes atm I would say that the highlighted part is starting to look more and more irrelevant. Make sure you also add one to the Yes and take 1 from No for Zeta's vote.

I don't see how these numbers represent everyone.

Sure a lot of people want it gone but the whole community definitely don't.

Maxdoggy
07-22-2014, 09:02 AM

More often than not I fail with the boltshot and get pooped on. It's quite sad, really.

I'm for keeping the Boltshot, however. If you don't want the Boltshot, just play Vanilla Conflict.

Barry Soap
07-22-2014, 10:29 AM

Even if the 'Yes' votes outnumber the 'No' votes, I doubt anything will be changed.

xxXENOPIRATExx
07-22-2014, 11:27 AM
I vote get rid of the Boltshot and replace it with a scarab gun. That will balance everything.

Al Capone111
07-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Honestly, get rid of it as a starting weapon. Put one or two in each teams area of the map and another one in a neutral area for pick up. Or even as a ordinance drop. Give it a somewhat short respawn time. Longer than grenades, shorter than power weapons.

Carpe Vexillum
07-22-2014, 03:13 PM
Why are you trying to ruin a perfectly fun game with your MLG non-sense. If your BR beatdown gets trumped by a boltshot then so be it. Thats life, its halo. I refuse to believe that someone would honestly rather just strip the game down until its nothing but two weapons and basic kindergarten map layouts. Stop trying to take the variety and fun out of halo. That is not FC, so stop trying to take us there. You're not allowing the weaker players to have their fun and share of action. You will shun out everyone who cannot 4 shot BR if you continue this stupid "banning of weapons" in an already greatly balanced game.

VerbotenDonkey
07-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Even if the 'Yes' votes outnumber the 'No' votes, I doubt anything will be changed.

^ We just had a community vote during peacetime.

Yehsus
07-22-2014, 03:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhy-w4o0P70

Al Capone111
07-22-2014, 07:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhy-w4o0P70

Shut up Yehsus

riphelix
07-22-2014, 07:09 PM
I Love Yehsus

I love your Gary Busey picture.

VerbotenDonkey
07-22-2014, 07:11 PM
I love your Gary Busey picture.

FIND GARY BUSEY!

Zeta Crossfire
07-22-2014, 08:11 PM
So how long will this thread go until we cut it off? So far we have a winner either way.

Silko
07-22-2014, 08:58 PM
So how long will this thread go until we cut it off? So far we have a winner either way.

Don't forget your vote zeta. So ban has the edge by 3

Houdini
07-22-2014, 10:49 PM
Why are you trying to ruin a perfectly fun game with your MLG non-sense. If your BR beatdown gets trumped by a boltshot then so be it. Thats life, its halo. I refuse to believe that someone would honestly rather just strip the game down until its nothing but two weapons and basic kindergarten map layouts. Stop trying to take the variety and fun out of halo. That is not FC, so stop trying to take us there. You're not allowing the weaker players to have their fun and share of action. You will shun out everyone who cannot 4 shot BR if you continue this stupid "banning of weapons" in an already greatly balanced game.

I agree 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget your vote zeta. So ban has the edge by 3

The ban has already been put into effect; it is called vanilla conflict.

NervyDestroyer
07-22-2014, 11:30 PM

:panda:

Anarchy
07-22-2014, 11:44 PM
Generally speaking, this poll will not change anything based on the responses.

There are plenty of times where boltshot isn't an option as a starting weapon (Vanilla, Heavy), and there is no real overwhelming odds either way. When we decide whether or not to actually change something, we always err to the side of keeping things as is unless there is large enough odds in favor of changing it (usually 60/40).

In this case, there is that, and the fact that as stated before, plenty of situations remove boltshot as a starting weapon. Even more-so than that, we had a month long survey over peacetime on this that had 50+ responses.

Also, we will never "ban" the boltshot as we do tbagging, making it technically available but against the rules to use. That is way too hard to discipline, and honestly I wouldn't expect anyone to specifically check that every game.

I understand boltshot being annoying. It was a bad call by 343 IMO to have it as a starting weapon. But at the end of the day, it's part of the game, and as a community there is no clear decision on it. We've met halfway as best as we can.

Locked due to not wanting Carpe's comment to get out of hand.

Lets have fun with the game, boltshot or not.